• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who do you think is the most underrated superstar in TNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimfan619

Occasional Pre-Show
I know a couple of superstars who are underrated in TNA. The first superstar is a man who should have had at least one run with the X Division Championship by now. That's Sonjay Dutt. It seems that when TNA is ready to give him a push, they knock him back down and now he's doing the PCS which is pointless. Sonjay put it all on the line every single time he's in that ring and it makes me hate TNA even more when they keep on using him to job to other supertsars instead of using him to take the X Division to new limits instead of keep passing the belt to people who has already had it and maybe sooner rather than later Kevin Nash.
The second superstar whose underrated is Ron Killings. How can he go from being the top star of TNA to being a jobber and annoying with his raps. I understand why he's pushing to get released by TNA. People like Christian Cage, Rhino, Team 3D, and other WWE rejects come in and pushed Killings basically out of the door.

My personal pick is Cassidy Riley.
He had/has a lot of potential and they wasted it after the Raven storyline came to a close.
He does still work for them though.
Just doesn't have any support on the booking team.

I really don't understadn why people keep calling Christian a reject. He left on his own terms, is a good wrestler and is good on the mic.

Now I don't know if I would say underrated, I'd prob say more under-utilized..that person would be Alex Shelly. I think the guy has a lot of potential. As stated in posts above, I do think Sonjay Dutt has a lot of potential too. As we're all hoping for, I think things will get better if they get 2 hours.

There are a ton of wrestlers in the X Division that I would list as underrated. Among them: Sonjay Dutt, Jay Lethal, Alex Shelley, Austin Starr (who has barely wrestled since his re-debut), and Jerrelle Clark (whatever happened to him?). It seems that ever since Vince Russo has started with the company, we're seeing less and less of certain guys. I've always said that the X Division is TNA's ace in the hole and needs to be featured prominently as it shows how different TNA is from the competition. I understand that they only have one hour to work with, but a lot of these pointless sketches are taking up time that once belonged to a quality X Division match with a real finish (as in, no interference like the Christopher Daniels / Petey Williams match this week or the Homicide / Williams match last week). Hopefully if Spike are as happy as they claim to be, 2007 will see a two hour timeslot for Impact early in the year so that these problems can be resolved, and they can better combine the exciting matches with Russo's sports entertainment influence.

Austin Aries. For one when he returned they renamed him Austin Starr which I think is completley shit and unamaginative. Also he's a great wrestler with plenty of charisma. The storyline he's in with Shelly is just a comedy angle which is funny but I think it will ultimatley end with Nash just burying both of them. I remember at Genesis last year he was in a match which had Joe and Daniels in it and he was almost as over as them two despite the fact he was'nt pushed nowhere as much.

I think that most of the X-Division is totally underrated. For example, Sonjay Dutt, Austin Starr, Alex Shelley, and Jay Lethal. That PCS thing is funny, but it is completely pointless.

As one of the people here who always picks wrestling over entertainment, I am actually a fan of the PCS series. It is funny, and it does have a point, The point is to bring some personality to the X-division stars. Everyone so far is winning from this.

As far as most under-rated? Hmm...tough call. I would say probably Ron Killings. Yeah, he is a former Champ and top dog. But no more. He is in the pre-show matches at PPV's and hardly on Impact. He is one of the more entertaining wrestlers out there, and if he were booked correctly, he would be always in the top spot, along with Joe, Daniels, Styels, and probably Sabin.

^I'm in agreeance with you. The PCS is a funny bit that is written correctly and gives a serious sense of character devlopment to otherwise bland performers. Hell, even my wife laughed at it, and she HATES wrestling. I do agree that Ron is misused in a heavy way. He's always received consistent pops from the TNA audience and I see them using him as a springboard to try and get the "poor man's Diesel" over with the fans (Lance Hoyt). I just hope they wake the f**k up and use Killings in an intelligent fashion before he heads up north or is too past his prime to work his in-ring magic.

How has nobody brought up Low-Ki. Has nobody ever watched this guy in action? And I don't mean his TNA matches since his return at Lockdown, I mean the real Low-Ki. This man should be given so much more air-time. If not for anything else, than just to see him in the ring. I so badly want to see another round of Low-Ki vs. Samoa Joe. Evrytime these two fight it is absolute fkn magic. Violent, brutal, technical, counter-move upon counter-move, stiff kicks and slaps like you wouldn't believe.... just awesome shit!!!

^I feel you atilla, but I do think that he just got off of a title run a while back and he does have a specific role in the whole PCS angle, but we've yet to see where they are taking it, so I haven't pronounced judgment just yet. Hell, one of my favorite matches of all time was in the ROH Round Robin where he fought American Dragon in one of the most brutal, non-hardcore matches I've ever seen. I have friends that only like UFC and legit shoot wrestling and even they like watching Low-Ki.

I can't beleive nobody has mentioned Elix Skipper, everybody else mentioned sofar has gotten some air time recently but Skipper hasn't he's not even in the PCS whichis complete crap, he is one of the most talented guys in the X-division, and should at least be on TV every once in a while, what ever happen to the idea of him and Killings forming a black stable(BET), I pisses me off that talented guys like skipper, Killings, and Senshi as well as pretty much the whole x-div. arn't getting squat for air time and this stupid ass VKM shit gets way more than enough, it's sad to say but I think TNA may be heading downhill, I seroiuosly hope they start correcting this shit soon and give the underated and underused their due

before abyss won the title i would have said him, and now i can't really think of anyone thats really underrated. What else are they gonna do with the x division stars, ya they can give them the x title, but i don't see sonjay dutt doing anything bigger than that. So i guess the top person is Elix Skipper. He's great in the ring and he has a lot of athletic ability. Im not sure about his mic skills, cause i can't remember the last time he did a promo. Im not saying he should get involved in the heavyweight title hunt, but he should move up into some pretty big feuds.

Tomko he never acually wrestles hes jus Cage's "Body guard" I want him to snap and fude with cage

tomko has all the future in the world. He just needs some personality. They could do an angle where he turns on Christian much as Batista turned on HHH. Tomko has got the size, look and enough ability to make it. Just if they could get some charisma out of him, the guy could be a stud.

The most overrated in Raven. Put him in the announce booth. He'd be brilliant as a replacement for Don West. And put Don West backstage as an interviewer (like what Jeremy Borash was doing).

Good points involving Elix Skipper, you guys. He hasn't been used since Triple X broke up a while back. He has talent in spades, but I think they just don't know what the hell to do with him. His mic work isn't that impressive because he has a pretty high-toned voice that doesn't really scream "toughness." He should be put into a tag team or something, but definitely not wasted away in the TNA's version of the J.O.B. Squad.

Skipper was at his best in Triple X, then they had to stick him with the Brooklyn Brawler of TNA, David Young, then his victories became few and far between.

my worry is whether or not skipper can carry a good match.
the guy hits some of the most amazing spots (flipping off the ropes, walking the cage), but I haven't been too impressed with his actualy wrestling ability. Just pretty mediocre in my opinion.
If TNA got 2 hours, i bet they would give him a chance though. Along with a number of other lower carders (bobby roode, the truth, lance hoyt, and 1/2 the X division).
Thats what TNA needs the most. They need time to develop their characters, tell a story and have some mic time.

The truth is definely being underused he leave wwe for the same reason (k-Qwik) all the X-division superstars are being underused cuz of all the so-called wwe rejects. and that new raven team sand something? they was good wrestlers. there are alot of wrestlers being underusd you can take your pick

sincade, the group yuo are thinking of is called Sertonin. And yes, there are quite a few wrestlers being udnerused. And frankly, if I were a Kazaarian or Bently, or any one of the now under used wrestlers (killings being another) I would be pissed. But you have to look at it from a business standpoint. It sucks, but when you have top names that can draw more ratings in at a time when ratings are crucial, then yes, by all means, push the well known guys. In fact, push them so far that when it comes time to bring people like the Truth back up to the top, they will be built up more and more well respected by the average fan. You don't sell tickets and gain ratings by pushing the guy no one has heard of. It's sad, but its true. i would love to see a title program consisting of Styles vs Killings vs Homicide, but it won't happen anytime soon...

My list of underrated talent is as follows:

1) Ron the Truth Killings and Lance Hoyt: Okay, These guys seperate have tremendous skill. Truth didn't shock me near as much as Lance. A guy that is 6'8 and able to do luchador moves and the Van Terminator has my respect. As a team, they're not bad. They ought to have at least the tag titles.

2) Sonjay Dutt: Fastest guy I've seen since Rey Mysterio in his prime. ONe of the victims of the jackass gimmick that TNA produced. I'd be shocked if the X-Title is not in his future.

3) Jay Lethal: Another X Division star that was a victim of the jackass gimmick and seems for the most part to be used as a tackling dummy for other stars.

4) Petey Williams: 2 years in a row, this guy has the sickest move in wrestling and I love that he doesn't have Team Canada to hold him down. This guy needs to hold the belt again or at least some kind of gold.

5) Elix Skipper: One of the best matches I ever seen was Triple X vs AMW in the six sides of steel. Any guy that can walk on ropes and even the cage, he needs to have something happen for him. Tremendous skill

That's about all of them. At least for now.

I know a couple of superstars who are underrated in TNA. The first superstar is a man who should have had at least one run with the X Division Championship by now. That's Sonjay Dutt. It seems that when TNA is ready to give him a push, they knock him back down and now he's doing the PCS which is pointless. Sonjay put it all on the line every single time he's in that ring and it makes me hate TNA even more when they keep on using him to job to other supertsars instead of using him to take the X Division to new limits instead of keep passing the belt to people who has already had it and maybe sooner rather than later Kevin Nash.
The second superstar whose underrated is Ron Killings. How can he go from being the top star of TNA to being a jobber and annoying with his raps. I understand why he's pushing to get released by TNA. People like Christian Cage, Rhino, Team 3D, and other WWE rejects come in and pushed Killings basically out of the door.

Before I begin, people who wrestle for TNA aren't known as "superstars" they're known as wrestlers because they wrestle. As far as Dutt goes, he does deserve an X division title run in the future, but he definitely shouldn't have it yet or any time soon. He doesn't deserve it yet over Sabin, Senshi, Daniels, Styles, Starr, Young, Lethal, or many others in TNA. The X division title is distributed to the right people. They don't just toss it around and put it on anyone. Dutt still needs a little in-ring work to fix. He gets a little sloppy during his matches sometimes. As far as who's underrated by the fans, I'd say Robert Roode. Nobody respects him and he's just an amazing classical type of wrestler. He works really hard on his gimick and his in-ring work. He should be an NWA title contender in about three years. As far as who's underrated by TNA and not used properly, Elix Skipper. He needs to come back and get into the spotlight again.

Right now, my main one is probably Alex Shelley. And then Austin Starr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back