Who do you think is most likely winning Superbowl XLVI?

Who will win the Superbowl (Sory, there is only a maximum of 15, so top 15 teams)

• Patriots

• Falcons

• Ravens

• Steelers

• Bears

• Saints

• Jets

• Packers

• Colts

• Cheifs

• Giants

• Eagles

• Buccaneers

• Chargers

• Jaguars

Results are only viewable after voting.
The only game I payed attention to him was the National Championship. And yeah he was good, but it was only a one year thing. Suh was beastin it up and destroying McCoy in the Big 12 championship game and then kept it going in the NFL. It'll be interesting to see if he brings the same motivation he had last year (since people are saying he was a one year wonder, which is true). I think he will, but you just never know until he's out there.

And if he becomes as dangerous to the QB as Suh is I'll be tickled pink.

I meant as far as his nastyness towards QB. Fairley is a downright asshole, not even justifible roughness like Suh, Fairley really IS a pretty fucking dirty player, he got kicked out of at least one game over it, lulz

I meant as far as his nastyness towards QB. Fairley is a downright asshole, not even justifible roughness like Suh, Fairley really IS a pretty fucking dirty player, he got kicked out of at least one game over it, lulz

I'd rather he be that then be a pansy. DL aren't supposed to be pansies.

That's funny, because the D-Line got VASTLY better. Muhammad Wilkerson, Kenrick Ellis are WAY better then Shaun Ellis at his advanced age. Plus the coaching staff has loved DT Ropati Pitoitua, who tore his achilles in training camp last year. Plus the guys they already had last year (Sione Pouha and Mike DeVito, who both had good years) are back with more experience. They only lost one piece on the D-Line, and he was old as hell (note, Kris Jenkins was injured 6 plays into the season, I don't really count him).

Shaun Ellis may have been old but he was reliable and you knew exactly what you were going to get out of him. You can never rely on rookies (just look at Vernon Gholston). I'm sure Wilkerson will replace Shaun Ellis just fine but as a rookie I'm not sure his production will be anything spectacular. Kendrick Ellis has potential but he was picked in the third round for a reason. I'm not sure how two rookies make them vastly better at the position. Maybe slightly better but we have to wait and see.

They got Jim Leonhard back from his injury, and still have one of the best corner tandems in the NFL (ONE of, not the).

They had that same corner tandem last year when they won 11 games.

And you are pretty much wrong with all 3.

Coming from the man who worships the Jets. If it was the other way around and it was Braylon, Cotchery, and Smith on the team then I can almost guarantee you'd say the opposite.

Plax brings a completely new dynamic to the Jets passing game. Height. Sanchez has never had a guy he could just throw the ball up to. Now he does. Was it at the expense of Braylon? Yes, but the new added dynamic was worth it.

Burress only has two inches on Braylon. Not to mention Braylon has more speed and is an all around better playmaker. Burress is a nice replacement but not better then Braylon.

Cotchery was very good for the Jets. However, Derek Mason is a better receiver, and has always been. Since their breakout years (Mason: 2000, Cotchery: 2006), Mason AVERAGED 200 more yards, 2 TDs, 13 receptions. Oh, and in that time, Mason has played 100 more games. AND Cotchery had offseason back surgery and isn't ready.

Derrick Mason is 37 years old and he definitely lost a step last season. Cotchery's numbers went down but that was because he was moved down to the slot with the addition of Santonio Holmes. Mason was the number one or two guy every year in Baltimore and will now be put in the slot in New York.

Finally, Jeremy Kerley has one thing on Brad Smith. He's actually (get this)... A WIDE RECEIVER! Brad Smith was a college QB who turned into a Wide Receiver. In his entire career (5 years), he has 64 receptions. In the past 2 seasons? Try a whopping ELEVEN. Yeah, that's some chemistry with the Sanchize.

He was the 4th receiver. Last time I checked they don't get many opportunities to catch passes. He was still a dynamic return man and added a wild cat wrinkle to their offense. Kerley is a rookie 5th rounder who hasn't proven shit.

You're not COMPLETELY wrong. In some instances, you are right. Is Braylon more talented then Plax? MAYBE (but Plax is better for the Jets). Do they lose some familiarity? Of course (but that's irrelevant with Plax, as he can catch anything in a 2394823465 foot radius, and Mason is just way more talented.

Plaxico Burress hasn't played a regular season NFL game since 2008 and is now 34 years old. Mason is 37 and obviously on the downside of his career. The Jets got older and slower at the position.

They did lose a bit on the O-Line. Robert Turner (the 6th lineman) is out til November. Wayne Hunter played very well when Damien Woody was injured last year, and now we get a full year of him.

Another place their offense has gone down slightly.

Basically you are hanging your hat on unproven rookies and a couple receivers well into their 30's to say the Jets improved. I don't see how they are any better which is why I once again pick them to win around 10 or 11 games and be a wild card.

I overrated Denver earlier. They don't have a lot of depth when it comes to offense, so Chiefs do have somewhat of a chance, but I still think San Diego is going to win it. It will be Chiefs and Broncos battling for second place, maybe even the Raiders depending on how they do...but we'll be able to determine that pretty fast.

San Diego is currently, hands down the best team in that division. They had a lot of star power and a good coaching staff, with a franchise QB, a good running back system, and a good WR set. Their defense isn't the best, but it's up there for sure, I think these guys could even make it to the conference depending on how things go. If Chiefs are in the wild card, that means the Chargers will be there too, maybe even having the bye.

The AFC will be interesting this year, and honestly, I think the AFC has more competition then the NFC. So far I can think of the Jets, Steelers, Chargers, Patriots, and the Ravens. Luckily for the Chargers, they are the only one that don't have a division rival in that group. On flip side though, the Packers, Falcons, Eagles. and Saints are in the NFC, but compared to the AFC teams...AFC is way more dominant. Then again...the NFC has held the Lombardi Trophy for two years now.

Those are just the top teams, you can't forget about the teams like the Rams, the Buccaneers, Bears, and Giants who have potential to come back. 6 teams are in the playoffs...what six teams do you think will be in the playoffs on both sides, and if you want, even give an order.
For the AFC, I'll go with...eh...this is a tough one. I want to say Steelers, but the Steelers aren't usually a team to be number one, but they were number two last year. Ok I'll go with the Steelers.

Steelers
Chargers
Jets
Ravens
Patriots
Texans

I think the Texans and the Colts will both have a 9-7 record (or around there), but I think Texans will come out on top.

For the NFC

Packers
Falcons
Eagles
Cardinals
Saints
Vikings

I'm a little iffy on that though, both of them really. You never know what will happen in the incredible game of Football.

The Chiefs are probably going to be a 7-9, 8-8 team this year at best. Still, I don't think they'll actually be worse than last year. Hell, they should be even better honestly. They upgraded immensely at WR after only having Bowe and essentially a bunch of practice squad guys last year.

It's just that they don't have the cupcake schedule they had last year to make them look better than they were. We have Indy, New England, the Jets, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, and Chicago, all of whom were playoff teams last year. We also have SD and Oakland twice as always, along with Detroit and Minnesota who should both be better.

I say they'll win a few of those in surprising fashion and take care of the teams we should take care of and end up somewhere around .500.

I almost had Cleveland having a better record than Baltimore. Almost.

No love for the NFC West I see. Go Rams.

Considering at least one team from each Division gets in, I should have had them in. But if any one of them were in, it would have been the Seahawks considering they won the division last year. Will they win it again? I fucking doubt it. They're going to suck huge this year...didn't they get a good name though? I know they don't have anything Quarterback wise, but I thought they picked up a fancy WR or something...

Sidney Rice, that's it. Even with him though, it's not looking to sunny in Seattle. Wow...I really wish it was Philly who had a shit team this year...that statement would have been a lot cooler. It's not looking to sunny in Philadelphia this year...:lmao: I crack myself up.

But anyways, I did the top 15 teams in the standings from the 2010 season, being that the NFC West had some of the worst standings out there, none of them made it. Like I said though, it would have been logical to have at least one of them...then again this thread is about who will win the Superbowl. Nobody in the NFC Worst is winning a Superbowl anytime soon, unless you count the Rams, and it's not even their time yet either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back