Who do you think is most likely winning Superbowl XLVI?

Who will win the Superbowl (Sory, there is only a maximum of 15, so top 15 teams)

• Patriots

• Falcons

• Ravens

• Steelers

• Bears

• Saints

• Jets

• Packers

• Colts

• Cheifs

• Giants

• Eagles

• Buccaneers

• Chargers

• Jaguars

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sully

Pre-Show Stalwart
Obviously I'm going to choose the Steelers, it's my duty as a fan. But I'm not sure if we'll go back. We have some issues with our line...but we've gotten to the Superbowl without a good line twice so far, I think we'll do it again.

Poll coming shortly...or however long it takes me to put all the teams in. I would have this thread be about both teams in the bowl, but I'd either have to make another thread for the other conference, or make it multiple voting, and last time I did that you guys had to be dicks and vote everyone.

So just say who you voted for, and then tell me who you think their opponent will be. You don't have to predict the score, I feel there is no possible way to tell how a game will turn out score wise, especially for me. But if you are an expert NFL analysis and think you can guess what the score will be, go ahead and try it.

I really have no way of telling who will be there in the NFC, at least until Playoffs. I'm going to say Packers, Falcons, or Bears. A lot of people are saying The Eagles, but star power isn't everything, and Vick is fading away faster then Zac Efron, so not them for me.

For anyone complaining that there team wasn't in this poll, I put the top 15 teams in the standings last year. Honorable mentions go to the Raiders, Dolphins, Seahawks, Rams, and Cowboys.

If your team wasn't on the list, feel free not to vote and post your thoughts in the thread.

Vick is fading away faster then Zac Efron, so not them for me.

He is coming off the best season of his career by far and he now has more talent around him then he ever has before. How exactly is he fading away?

My top two NFC teams are the Packers and the Eagles. In the AFC it's the Ravens and Patriots. Last year I picked the Packers and the Ravens to make the Super Bowl and that came close. This year I'm going with the Ravens and the Eagles and even though I think the Eagles are the better team, I think the Ravens match up great with them and would win. I'm not overly confident with Baltimore but I'm not one to pick against a highly motivated Ray Lewis led team, especially after they improved this off season.

He is coming off the best season of his career by far and he now has more talent around him then he ever has before. How exactly is he fading away?

My top two NFC teams are the Packers and the Eagles. In the AFC it's the Ravens and Patriots. Last year I picked the Packers and the Ravens to make the Super Bowl and that came close. This year I'm going with the Ravens and the Eagles and even though I think the Eagles are the better team, I think the Ravens match up great with them and would win. I'm not overly confident with Baltimore but I'm not one to pick against a highly motivated Ray Lewis led team, especially after they improved this off season.

I think the Eagles are having way to much hype then they deserve. All they have is star power. From the outside Vick looks great, but I just have a gut feeling it won't happen again this year, anything could happen. I'm predicting the Eagles to go 10-6, and no more. I can't see much in the Ravens this year either, they have a good team put together, but they also have to go head to head with another team, I think either the Steelers and the Ravens are going to be one of the biggest stories this year, and I think they will undoubtedly meet three times this year.

My prediction, Steelers win the week 1 game, then Ravens win second time around, then it could go either way when they meet in playoffs. That or the other way around. Either way, I think either the Steelers or the Ravens will be in the wild card, they are going to give us some good games that's for sure. I just hope Pittsburgh can be the one one top.

Personally though, I just don't like Vick. He's a guy who should be playing running back, but yet he's back there running around and building stats. I don't really care much about the fact the he was in jail, but he's got to much hype for my eyes, and I just don't like that. I think people are giving him to much credit, and I think any day now he's going to breakdown and self destruct, skill wise that is. Heck, for some reason I feel he'll get injured...but we won't know.

I think he'll be putting up a lot of numbers, but he won't be winning the games he needs to. It's just, when you pull a bunch of talented guys from all different angles, and put them in one spot...they just don't get along as well, and some of those talented guys start to fall behind, or have a bad year.

The Jets have just as good a team as the Eagles do, and I think a lot of people are underestimating what they're going to do this year, including myself. They are going to go far, but will it be far enough?

Philly has a good chance in the NFC and the Pats and Jets in the AFC. I wouldn't be shocked if a New England vs. Philadelphia rematch happened with NE pulling it out. I want to say Oakland, but sadly no.

I think you all know my pick.

As for the Eagles, they are one injury at the quarterback position away from being a mediocre team. Even with Vick at the helm, I think they are extremely overrated at the moment. They have all the talent in the world, but it's going to take some time to gel together. The game against Pittsburgh proved that.

Señor Anderson;3363170 said:
Why aren't The Raiders an option. :lmao::lmao::lmao:
Because it's a poll for the top 15 teams and the raiders are bottom 15 and are more likely to miss the playoffs than win a title. Raider fans have no delusion of success.:disappointed:

As for my actual pick, I'm going with Green Bay vs New England in a rematch from Super Bowl XXXI, although I am getting a good feeling about the Ravens season.

I think the Eagles are having way to much hype then they deserve. All they have is star power. From the outside Vick looks great, but I just have a gut feeling it won't happen again this year, anything could happen. I'm predicting the Eagles to go 10-6, and no more. I can't see much in the Ravens this year either, they have a good team put together, but they also have to go head to head with another team, I think either the Steelers and the Ravens are going to be one of the biggest stories this year, and I think they will undoubtedly meet three times this year.

My prediction, Steelers win the week 1 game, then Ravens win second time around, then it could go either way when they meet in playoffs. That or the other way around. Either way, I think either the Steelers or the Ravens will be in the wild card, they are going to give us some good games that's for sure. I just hope Pittsburgh can be the one one top.

Personally though, I just don't like Vick. He's a guy who should be playing running back, but yet he's back there running around and building stats. I don't really care much about the fact the he was in jail, but he's got to much hype for my eyes, and I just don't like that. I think people are giving him to much credit, and I think any day now he's going to breakdown and self destruct, skill wise that is. Heck, for some reason I feel he'll get injured...but we won't know.

I think he'll be putting up a lot of numbers, but he won't be winning the games he needs to. It's just, when you pull a bunch of talented guys from all different angles, and put them in one spot...they just don't get along as well, and some of those talented guys start to fall behind, or have a bad year.

The Jets have just as good a team as the Eagles do, and I think a lot of people are underestimating what they're going to do this year, including myself. They are going to go far, but will it be far enough?

It's clear you have not the first clue what you're talking about. The Eagles didn't even start the season with Vick at quarterback last year and they went 10-6. Now they have Vick at the helm to start the season and they have a vastly improved roster. They have the best cornerback trio in the league, an improved D line, and a young linebacker group with a lot of potential. On offense they added Ronnie Brown for some running back depth, Steve Smith for receiver depth, and they improved the offensive line. This is a 10-6 team that gave the Packers a run for there money in the Wild Card round last year and they improved more then any other team. Barring a major Vick injury this is one of the top teams in the NFC.

I'm all Pitt, Steelers may have a few problems with the line but if they were able to get as far as they did last year with such a shitty start then there's no doubt in my mind they can win it this year 

As I have this last number of years, I am optimistic of the Chargers chances. This season, even more so, as I'm pretty sure that Norv must realise that underachieving is not an option if he wishes to remain in employment.

In River's I trust!

The Jets look fucking scary

Not really. They went 11-5 last year and didn't get any better. They almost have the exact same team minus a few changes to the D Line and receivers. They got younger on the defensive line but not necessarily better, at least not this year.

On offense they lost 3 of their top 4 wide receivers in Braylon Edwards, Jericho Cotchery, and Brad Smith. They replaced them with Plaxico Burres, Derrick Mason, and rookie Jeremy Kerley. At this point in all of their careers I'd say Braylon > Plaxico, Cotchery > Mason, and Smith > Kerley. It's not by a lot but I'd say this receiving group isn't quite as good as last years. They lost speed at the position and Mark Sanchez lost continuity with the group. Cotchery and Smith had been with Sanchez his entire 2 years and Braylon had been there for the majority of it.

Cue Stormtrooper to try and tell me I'm completely wrong.

It's clear you have not the first clue what you're talking about. The Eagles didn't even start the season with Vick at quarterback last year and they went 10-6. Now they have Vick at the helm to start the season and they have a vastly improved roster. They have the best cornerback trio in the league, an improved D line, and a young linebacker group with a lot of potential. On offense they added Ronnie Brown for some running back depth, Steve Smith for receiver depth, and they improved the offensive line. This is a 10-6 team that gave the Packers a run for there money in the Wild Card round last year and they improved more then any other team. Barring a major Vick injury this is one of the top teams in the NFC.

All I'm saying is, they have star power coming from every direction, and that's going to be the death of them. It really depends on how well they can all work together, and how they can work in that west coast offense.

I'm just having...I'm just having a feeling Philly won't do good this year. I actually somewhat liked Philly, but with everyone jumping on the Eagles bandwagon, quite frankly it's annoying. They aren't going to Indianapolis, and I can guarantee it, hell...I'd even bet on it.

If the Philadelphia Eagles go to the Superbowl this year, I will leave Wrestlezone...and never come back. They don't even have to win, they just have to win the NFC Conference.

Not really. They went 11-5 last year and didn't get any better. They almost have the exact same team minus a few changes to the D Line and receivers. They got younger on the defensive line but not necessarily better, at least not this year.

On offense they lost 3 of their top 4 wide receivers in Braylon Edwards, Jericho Cotchery, and Brad Smith. They replaced them with Plaxico Burres, Derrick Mason, and rookie Jeremy Kerley. At this point in all of their careers I'd say Braylon > Plaxico, Cotchery > Mason, and Smith > Kerley. It's not by a lot but I'd say this receiving group isn't quite as good as last years. They lost speed at the position and Mark Sanchez lost continuity with the group. Cotchery and Smith had been with Sanchez his entire 2 years and Braylon had been there for the majority of it.

Cue Stormtrooper to try and tell me I'm completely wrong.

You're saying The Eagles are one of the top teams, but yet you say Jets aren't going to be good?

The Eagles have no one at WR besides Jackson, Avant, and a few guys who have little potential to break out and do something. Steve Smith is in a different atmosphere with a different coaching staff, we'll see what he does.

Jets have LT, he may be old, but when matched up against LeSean McCoy, he's better for sure. McCoy is a 50/50 guy, he's either going to do good, or he's going to flop.

Their defenses are pretty much identical, both have a lot of good guys in those positions, but I think Rex Ryan is the better coach, and that's mainly what it comes down to. Sanchez may not put up the numbers that Vick does, but Sanchez can get the job done when it needs done.

All I'm saying is, they have star power coming from every direction, and that's going to be the death of them. It really depends on how well they can all work together, and how they can work in that west coast offense.

Most of the star power they added was on defense. The offensive guys they added were mostly veteran role players.

If the Philadelphia Eagles go to the Superbowl this year, I will leave Wrestlezone...and never come back. They don't even have to win, they just have to win the NFC Conference.

Someone sig this.

You're saying The Eagles are one of the top teams, but yet you say Jets aren't going to be good?

Please show me where I said they weren't going to be good. Someone said they were looking scary and I simply pointed out they virtually the same team. If you go to my NFL predictions in the Sports Stadium you will see I predicted the Jets to get a Wild Card spot just like they did last year.

The Eagles have no one at WR besides Jackson, Avant, and a few guys who have little potential to break out and do something. Steve Smith is in a different atmosphere with a different coaching staff, we'll see what he does.

Does the name Jeremy Maclin ring a bell? Jackson, Maclin, Avant, and Smith is a damn good receiving group.

Jets have LT, he may be old, but when matched up against LeSean McCoy, he's better for sure. McCoy is a 50/50 guy, he's either going to do good, or he's going to flop.

The Jets had LT last year and went 11-5. They also didn't improve the roster in the off season. The Eagles went 10-6 last year and made huge improvements especially to the defensive side of the ball.

Their defenses are pretty much identical, both have a lot of good guys in those positions, but I think Rex Ryan is the better coach, and that's mainly what it comes down to. Sanchez may not put up the numbers that Vick does, but Sanchez can get the job done when it needs done.

You keep telling yourself that.

I admit, I forgot about Maclin. I still think they aren't going to the bowl, I think they will drop out somewhere down the playoff road. Just the way I feel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back