Who Do You Believe The WWE Completely Missed The Boat On?

This one's easy for me. Lance Storm.

I have a lot of friends who are long time wrestling fans, mentioning Lance Storm to them causes them to cringe with disgust and describe him as the most boring wrestler in history.

Lance Storm in WCW was given the gimmick of an overly serious Canuck who could at least wrestle a tight match. WCW would eventually fold and Lance was picked up to be a member of the WWE roster.

At this time the political atmosphere of the WWE was at its zenith of unfairness and a paranoid pairing of Mark Calloway and John Layfield would actually put together kangaroo courts to haze and chastise individuals who came over from WCW as well as younger talent they felt didn't have "it".

Lance was of the attitude that Mark and John were full of shit and could go fuck themselves so he didn't attend their mock courtroom hazing ritual and warned other superstars to have the same reaction. Needless to say, Vince wasn't happy with Lance.

Lance did get a brief tag title reign and a slight push in the singles division. Then Stone Cold was augmented to rip mercilessly on Lance as a boring wrestler. I'm sure you all remember that during one of Lance's matches, Stone Cold came out and turned what could have been a decent match for Lance Storm fans into a moment where Stone Cold indulges in himself by attempting to bury a fellow wrester who has to earn a fucking paycheck too.

They then forced Lance to go out to a cheesy techno/rap theme and dance like a clown. They even made him do a spot where he tells his former tag team partner, Chris Jericho, that he actually thanks Stone Cold for showing him the light. I wanted to quit being a wrestling fan. They made a legend like Lance go out there and act as though dancing like a moron will make you a more exciting wrestler.

I posted earlier that I thought they killed Justin Credible.

There was ZERO reason why these two were denied a proper showing. They could have worked well as a tag team at WWE, just like they did in ECW.

I would say Paul Birchill. He had good size and was solid in the ring. When he first came in they teamed him with Regal and I thought they had potental to be a very good team and should have won the titles. They broke up and he got stuck with that stupid pirate gimmick. He later re-emerged on ECW and I thought this would be his chance to shine but nope the put him in a stupid incest angle with Katie lea(somebody else they missed the boat on). Right before his release he was using the Ripper gimmick in his fued with the Hurricane which I didn't think was to bad. Overall had they just let him use the persona he debuted with he may have been better off then getting screwed with those stupid gimmicks they gave him.

Naomi Knight, I think WWE fucked up NXT Season 3, but then again most winners of contest in WWE were fails: Maven, Daniel Puder, Nidia, Andy (didnt even sell right his first night)

and Kaitlyn, nowhere near as talented as Naomi Knight and AJ Lee. They let her win, not the most talented

Naomi is like a black Melina, the flexibility, in-ring ability, she's quite an athlete and they could have a great WrestleMania match together @ WM30 in the future for the belt, it'd be the best pure wrestling match Divas have had in a long while

AJ shouldve won over her too if Naomi didnt win, she's miles beyond Kaitlyn but look who she's paired with, they threw her with Kaitlyn because they know she's good, WWE dropped the ball on both AJ and Naomi really and need to let them both be singles Divas not AJ tagging with Kaitlyn and Naomi shouldve been up on the main roster by now, what the hell is the problem WWE?!

She's better than most of the Divas in the ring, they dont get mic time as it is so that cant be critiqued much vs any Diva on TV, she should totally be on Raw or Smackdown!

Could not agree with you more Naomi is definitely what is missing she was very athletic and it should have ultimately come down to AJ and Naomi in the finals. I truly believe she needs to be called up from FCW ASAP. They are bringing the wrong divas to the main roster first Aksana on Smackdown now Maxine on NXT. Naomi is talented and has a future in the business if they ever give her a shot. But the reason why they don't bring her up I read is because she would outshine the majority of the divas like Smelly Kelly and Eve Borres. I say bring the girl up and let her shine.

Going to comment on a few interesting ones listed

Brock Lesnar- What More could they have done they offered the guy a 7 year 42 million dollar contract and he didn't want to do it anymore. Sure the guy could still be carrying the company I loved Lesnar in the ring but he made the decision can't put that on the WWE

DDP- agree with this one but there were a lot of guys who got shit on during the Invasion angle. This whole thing could be considered a huge ball drop.

Lance Storms WWE character was pathetic. When Austin buried him he should of just walked out the door because any WWE credibility he would ever have was shot to shit that night by Stone Cold. If people won't forget the stupid ass what chants Im sure they wont forget this either.

Shelton Benjamin- 0 charisma 0 mic skills. You can't teach that stuff. He had plenty of chances sure he had great in ring ability but he didn't have the entire package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back