• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which City has the best WWE fans?

What city/place has the best wwe fans for events?

• Chicago

• New York City

• UK

• Miami

• Toronto

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

rockyrocky11

Occasional Pre-Show
I think the crowd is just as important as anything that goes on in the ring. When you look at the most entertaining crowds the past few years a few stand out. So in your opinion what city has the best fans and why?

The choices and few examples to look up:

Chicago-MITB/Extreme Rules

NYC-Survivor Series (at MSG had chants the entire night and a red hot crowd, we want ryder, sexual chocolate were some of the many that people were literally screaming)

Miami-Wrestlemania and Raw (could be biased since not all were from Miami, but the raw crowd was arguably the best seen in a very long time)

UK-any event there always has a hot crowd

Toronto-always seems to have a hot crowd

Other

Hands down it's gotta be Chicago. They are always hot, really knowledgeable, and cheer for whoever they want to. I remember back to the Wrestlemania match between Mickie James and Trish when the crowd completely turned on Trish and backed Mickie. They also always boo Cena out of the building, which is a plus for them

I pick the Northeast Philly,DC,Boston,NYC Metro Area(MSG,NJ,LI) the originators of bizzaro land, Cena hate. Sorry Chicago but everything Daniel Bryan said was true.

If Cena wins we riot, this is boring(Brock vs Goldberg) we want Ryder before the Ryder revolution,she's a crack ****e, and all types of synchronized chants.

Even back in the day Hogan was not the be all end all here. Heels and faces where cheered if they where good. Savage,Henig,Roberts,Rude etc. received good pops and heat for giving the fans their moneys worth. We are not only die hard sports towns but die hard wrestling towns as well. We're just rabid for good matches and story telling. Some fans can be too smarky for their own good. Besides we north easterners are the Original WWWF territory. So I can't just pick my hometown without including Philly and Boston,DC.

It's not a city I pick it's a region.

I'm partial because I'm from Chicago, but every event I've gone to the building is electric. Whether it's Raw, Smackdown, or Wrestlemania. We always make our opinions known. Be it "Cena Sucks" or "CM PUNK!!!"

NYC for the win.

Heck, when Jericho went away the 1st time in his match with Cena, we started the Cena hate by having the dueling "let's go Cena" vs. "let's go Jericho" chants.

St. Louis is THE wrestling town. Just because we dont cheer for the "bad guys" to look cool or be different doesn't necessarily make NY or Chicago better. St. Louis has always had some of the hottest reactions of any city AND any WWE show almost always sells out or is close.

I think it's funny that almost everyone is going with their hometown. I am from Dallas and though our history is very rich when it comes to wrestling (see the Von Erichs, Fabulous Freebirds, WCCW etc) the fans at live events generally don't tend to be great.

From a viewing standpoint I would say it's NYC - the events at MSG just seem to bring everything up to a different level and the fans seem to be rabid. Chicago is probably a close 2nd.

Unfortunately the WWE seems to be boycotting us, but Montreal was the biggest Canadian city as far as reaction. Everytime they were coming here JR and Jerry would always talk about how the Montreal crowd was loud, different and bizarro land. I even remember JR blogging before event that he couldn't wait to be in Montreal the following week/month.

I'm just getting really annoyed that they haven't come here since the Breaking Point PPV 2 or 3 years ago... house show don't count (they did 1 or 2).

Miami. Hands down. Haven't seen a live crowd react the way they did at 'Mania and the subsequent Raw in a long time. The crowd in Miami alone made non-wrestling fans that watched 'Mania with me current fans. They were absolutely fantastic.

Miami. Hands down. Haven't seen a live crowd react the way they did at 'Mania and the subsequent Raw in a long time. The crowd in Miami alone made non-wrestling fans that watched 'Mania with me current fans. They were absolutely fantastic.

It was incredible, a lot of that was people who had travelled from elsewhere for Wrestlemania though, Miami generally isn't great as a wrestling crowd.

LMAO CHICAGO?? Miami had 2 nights of a hot crowd, and most of them werent even from there! Every other PPV and Raw has been a crap crowd in Miami

NYC has the best WWE fans. Always has and always will. Nobody even cared about a Chicago crowd before MITB last year.

Since Mania 1 NYC has been the hottest crowd.

Add Phillie in there also.

I voted other, sure Chicago and Miami are great and NYC has the mystique but NYC hasn't been that great in years. I voted other because the city I would have voted for didn't make the list and that is Philadelphia. Someone earlier posted that Chicago fans are very knowledgeable and I won't dispute that but I feel Philly crowds are much more informed when it comes to all things wrestling. In that city they are in the middle of one of the best independent scenes around. ECW was originally there, you had another like CZW which wasn't a huge hit but locally it was, and lastly ROH was founded in Philly. So the city got to see guys like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Christopher Daniels, and AJ Styles before the rest of the world knew who they were. Even CM Punk says that while Chicago is his home Philly will always hold a special place in his heart and it's always a great crowd down at the Wells Fargo Center when Raw, Smackdown, or a PPV comes in.

Main cities like Chicago and NY are great, but you might as well put all of Canada instead of just Toronto because they love wrestling and always show their support by being loud.

Nice thread.

Chicago. I would have to go with Chicago because they are always interested. Last night, they were HOT. They are also a very intellegent crowd.

I am from Pittsburgh, and I would put our wrestling crowds near the bottom. Everytime I go to the shows, I am a little disappointed when I leave because its almost as if the crowd is completely dead all night. That being said I think NYC has the best fans. Chicago is up there, but I tend to agree with another poster that said no one cared about Chicago until MITB. NY is a place I have wanted to see a show at for a while, and am entertaining attending Mania 29. NYC consistently has the best crowd reactions, and they make the show more fun for me to watch. By the way, if anyone else is here from Pittsburgh, can you tell me if you agree or disagree with my assessment of our crowds here?

Unfortunately the WWE seems to be boycotting us, but Montreal was the biggest Canadian city as far as reaction. Everytime they were coming here JR and Jerry would always talk about how the Montreal crowd was loud, different and bizarro land. I even remember JR blogging before event that he couldn't wait to be in Montreal the following week/month.

I'm just getting really annoyed that they haven't come here since the Breaking Point PPV 2 or 3 years ago... house show don't count (they did 1 or 2).

Even through i actually love the 2 house show they did since Breaking point, you right about Montreal being a great wrestling city. The problem i think with WWE and montreal is that everytime, they do a screw job finish on PPV, they think that they have to not have any other major events in montreal for a long time just because they are scared of how the montreal fans will react.

But, i've been to a raw tapings in Edmonton last year and i couldn't believe how lame that crowd was compared to montreal. So i haven'T been to a WWE show in Toronto yet, so until i do i'm still going to say that Montreal as the best WWE fans

Call me a condescending prick but not including Boston is a GLARING omission. Boston might not be as BIG as New York, but it deserves to stand on its own as a venue in this poll.

Events such as Survivor Series 1993 and most importantly WrestleMania 14 (the first time Steve Austin ever won a World Title) should tell you that this is not a city to dismiss. For that alone this thread is lacking. Also, Detroit could also benefit from being a choice, and not just a miscellaenous option like Boston has been relegated too...shaking my damn head on this one right now.

people seem to always draw there attentions to the more known crowds because of the ppv's or historic moments. but to me the best crowd is in milwaukee at the bradley center. I was there at this past elimination chamber & although it wasn't the best everyone was into it even before the event standing outside was hype. I was also there for No Way Out 2002, Taboo Tuesday 2004 & lets not forget the frist NXT episode was in the bradley center

Ah yes, the famous City of the United Kingdom.... wait what :O

All joking aside I think that it's actually goes NYC, Chiago then UK (London/Liverpool/Manchester) but then again it's all the same fans no matter where it is due to the size of the UK.

Not very fair to make a thread about hottest crowdsjust coming out of Extreme Rules which was in Chicago.. also.. those that are saying Chicago are only saying so based on the crowd we saw last night and MitB last year.. If it wasn't for the hyped hometown CM Punk's match with Cena last year, that crowd would have been dead.. let's be honest..

I bias, but def NYC! I was at Survivor Series last year and it was off the hook! The ROH shows are crazy too! I think Philly is underrated as a good live crowd audience and Chi-town is another madhouse!

A very interesting post!

I want to point out one thing first .. if you're adding WM crowds to this equation, don't forget over half of the audience is out-of-state. I've been to 7 WMs and I can tell you I rarely meet anyone from my home state of New Jersey. I actually travel with a friend from Wisconsin if that helps you understand a tad bit better.

ANYWAY, that being said, here are my top choices as unbiased as I can be:
1. New York (so many different chants and fan reactions; the "originators")
2. Chicago (don't seem to like any of the faces haha; always wild and energetic)

Miami, Los Angeles, Boston, Montreal, Philadelphia, among others are certainly high on the list.

J

**WrestleMania XXIX is in NEW JERSEY, not NEW YORK!! :)

Don't really want to be biased, but I am going to have to say Houston.
Houston has excellent crowds at events and most of the wrestlers live or live close to the Houston area so we are very knowledgeable.

Remember the SD after 9/11?
I dare you to show me a hotter crowd than WM 17.

Hands down it's gotta be Chicago. They are always hot, really knowledgeable, and cheer for whoever they want to. I remember back to the Wrestlemania match between Mickie James and Trish when the crowd completely turned on Trish and backed Mickie. They also always boo Cena out of the building, which is a plus for them

Did you watch Extreme Rules last night? Probably not. Cena was actually cheered more and more throughout his match. And even more after it. Quit being a basic Cena hater if you're not going to do it right.

Also, I voted for Chicago. I just always love the reaction from the crowd. They always seem into it no matter who are in the ring.

I wonder what the worst City is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back