• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where's Shad?

Jonnie Walker

Getting Noticed By Management
On the Smackdown following Wrestlemania, as we all know, Cryme Tyme split with Shad attacking JTG, the two feuded and had a strap match at Extreme Rules. Since then, Shad has been MIA. JTG has been in a few matches, mostly against the Dudebusters, most of them wins. But Shad, the big man, the man who caused the split, has been off of television for over two months. So I ask this question: Where is Shad, when he comes back will he be successful, and who's the Jannetty out of Shad and JTG?

Shad is down in FCW doing some work trying to get people to care about him. Sadly, I don't think he will ever garner the crowds reaction like he did as a member of Cryme Tyme. JTG is just all around better then Shad, and I think it is really showing right now.

I think that JTG will have more success then Shad because he has something that Shad doesn't. Charisma. The guys just oozes natural charisma and is a like able character that the fans are already behind.

On the Smackdown following Wrestlemania, as we all know, Cryme Tyme split with Shad attacking JTG, the two feuded and had a strap match at Extreme Rules. Since then, Shad has been MIA. JTG has been in a few matches, mostly against the Dudebusters, most of them wins. But Shad, the big man, the man who caused the split, has been off of television for over two months.

Very accurate summation of what's happened.

So I ask this question: Where is Shad, when he comes back will he be successful, and who's the Jannetty out of Shad and JTG?

Shad has apparently been sent to FCW to learn how to fucking wrestle because his abilities can't cover the cheques his mouth is writing.

When (or indeed if) he comes back it could go either way. if he's still shit and doesn't develop a personality that clicks with the fans he won't be a success. If he learns to fucking wrestle then he might be a success. In other words it's all on him

Who's the Jannetty? Who do you think, the guy who's over and active, or the guy in FCW? Engage your brain before hitting submit.

No offense Unsex, as I think you're a fantastic poster, but I'm a little apprehensive of posting this in fear of you reading my post, quoting it, and dissecting every sentance in it. Oh well, here goes.

Like has been already said, Shad is down in FCW, working on his monster heel gimmick and improving his wrestling skills. In light of these things, I'm gonna have to say Shad is the Jannety, he can't really get over without the Cryme Time gimmick, and without JTG, is lost. With that being said, JTG isn't doing so well either, I haven't been seeing as much of him lately and even though his gimmick hasn't changed much (at all) I fear he is lost without Shad, even with his decent personality and good in ring work.

For me, the Cryme Time split was a terrible idea, cause now you have two guys that you don't know what to do with, and a re emerging tag team division that could have used an already established, extra team.

Currently, Shad is down in FCW trying to get the fans to hate him. He's trying to draw heat. The WWE wants to use him as a monster heel while on Smackdown and to do that, he needs the fans to hate him. Which is exactly why he is down in FCW right now. There is probably no timetable for a return to the main roster, but as Scotty said, he will never get the reaction that he did while he was a part of Cryme Tyme.

I've seen his matches as a heel and well, I can see why WWE sent him back to FCW to improve himself.

Here's my thoughts on Shad though.

One, am I the only person here who thinks his latest theme music(instead of the song "Your Goodbye" by Downstait) sounds like one a face character would use? When I listen to it, I think it sounds like someone who's ready to fight crime(not a superhero like Hurricane, mind you). I remember someone on Youtube suggested that he use one of Triple H's old themes "My Time" since he uses that slogan(though spelled My Tyme) as part of his catchphrase.

Two, I actually am glad he didn't get moved to Raw because Ezekiel Jackson is there and they use a finisher that looks pretty similar even though they're different(uranagi driver/book of Ezekiel and STO). Aside from the size difference, I wouldn't be able to really tell the two apart because of that. What i'd see instead would be two big bad-asses who want to beat someone to a pulp(similar to Mark Henry's heel gimmick years ago).

And three, I think he should go after JTG again. Their feud was interesting to watch until it got cut short at Extreme Rules.

He's in FCW working on how to draw more heat from the crowd...

It's weird from the group, they wanted him to go on and dominate, but i'm guessing JTG had more and so he has become the HBK of Cryme Tyme...haha

WHEN he does return, I'm not really sure what they will do with him, i mean i'd rather see the IC title on JTG rather than Shad...

If I may steal and edit a line I once said about Drew McIntyre, he's gone back to FCW to learn how to not suck. Shad was only interesting when he was with Cryme Tyme. He's worse on the mic than JTG, he's worse in the ring than JTG, and he can't connect with a crowd like JTG. He needs to brush up on his character and develop his skills before coming back.

If I may steal and edit a line I once said about Drew McIntyre, he's gone back to FCW to learn how to not suck. Shad was only interesting when he was with Cryme Tyme. He's worse on the mic than JTG, he's worse in the ring than JTG, and he can't connect with a crowd like JTG. He needs to brush up on his character and develop his skills before coming back.

WRONG!

With Cryme Tyme, Shad was your stereotypical black guy, complete with rapper gimmick. He was like a bigger and less successful R-Truth. When he was in Cryme Tyme, I hated him. He sucked ass and played second fiddle to JTG all the time. They were frequently annoying and the Dirt Sheet was probably one of the worst things I have ever seen.

However, when the split happened, he had so much promise. He could have easily gotten over a dominating heel but the WWE gave up him. After the strap match, it seemed as though the WWE had chosen who was going to be the Jannety of the tag team and unfortunately, the picked wrong. Yes, he wasn’t too good on the mic but he was good in the ring and has the physique to carry off being an imposing character in the WWE. However, the WWE gave up on that and sent him back to FCW. JTG has been mediocre since that feud and I thought it had a lot of fuel left in the tank.

I can almost guarantee that Shad will come back to the WWE with the Cryme Tyme gimmick in tow. They have no faith in him getting over without being a rapper and that is where they were wrong. Of the two men, I always preferred Shad. JTG was just another small and athletic heel whilst Shad had more promise, I thought. I saw him live in April, he got right up in my face and I knew that he could pull off being a good heel. However, it seemed that the WWE didn’t agree and ultimately backed the wrong horse.

With Cryme Tyme, Shad was your stereotypical black guy, complete with rapper gimmick.

He was also, you know, over.

He was like a bigger and less successful R-Truth.

Fundamentally different gimmicks. Shad wasn't a rapper, he was a street thug. There's a difference. And I think Cryme Tyme should have been given runs with the tag belts, considering how over they were.

When he was in Cryme Tyme, I hated him. He sucked ass and played second fiddle to JTG all the time.

K. Personal feelings aside, they were very popular.

They were frequently annoying and the Dirt Sheet was probably one of the worst things I have ever seen.

I believe you mean "Word Up", because The Dirt Sheet was Miz and Morrison's show, and it was damn entertaining at times.

However, when the split happened, he had so much promise.

Here's the thing. He had promise, but until he broadens his skill sets, he's not going to be able to live up to his promise. he definitely has potential. He just needed to go back to FCW to work on his ring, mic, and crowd-connecting skills.

He could have easily gotten over a dominating heel but the WWE gave up him.

I agree that WWE should have given him more of a chance, but I don't think he could have been as good a dominating heel as you think, not without some more training.

After the strap match, it seemed as though the WWE had chosen who was going to be the Jannety of the tag team and unfortunately, the picked wrong.

TOTALLY disagree. JTG has more charisma and is more over. He also actually has a distinct gimmick that no one else in the WWE has, and he plays it to perfection. Shad just doesn't seem believable in his new role...yet.

Yes, he wasn’t too good on the mic but he was good in the ring and has the physique to carry off being an imposing character in the WWE.

If I may quote you for a second:

"He's big, so is Kane. He's strong, so is Mark Henry".

What makes Shad different from all the other monsters they have?

However, the WWE gave up on that and sent him back to FCW.

I don't think they gave up on him by sending him to FCW. I think they sent him there so he can improve and come back better than ever. If they "Gave up" on him he'd be future endeavor'd by now.

JTG has been mediocre since that feud and I thought it had a lot of fuel left in the tank.

Hard to do anything when you rarely get TV time. And yeah I think that feud should have gone on longer. Oh well.

I can almost guarantee that Shad will come back to the WWE with the Cryme Tyme gimmick in tow.

Possibly. They should never have split them up in the first place, in my opinion.

They have no faith in him getting over without being a rapper and that is where they were wrong.

Again, Cryme Tyme is NOT a "rapper" gimmick.

Of the two men, I always preferred Shad. JTG was just another small and athletic heel

Face for the past few years.

whilst Shad had more promise, I thought.

Size-wise, yes. Talent-wise...well, maybe. Time will tell.

I saw him live in April, he got right up in my face and I knew that he could pull off being a good heel.
Good, sure. But good enough to stand out? I'm not so sure.

If Shad could improve himself in FCW, he could possibly go back to the HNIC gimmick he had in OVW, that would get him over quick smart, but i've always prefered JTG over Shad, he's got much more charisma and has nice skills in the ring, but i can see JTG working well on his own under the Cryme Tyme gimmick still because he has the presence to still pull it off.

Lets hope Shad improves so we an see a good monster heel gimmick, because i can see him working well with it....ONLY IF he's skills improve all around. You can't get over if you have no charisma or even presence.

The guy has potential but like many people have already said he lacks the charisma and the crowd doesn't like him at all. He'd be a good monster heel and if be improves his move set a little he won't be too bad. I think that sending him to FCW was absolutely the right move, but at the moment he can't even get a reaction down there. Let's hope that Shad can be helped, because I sure as hell miss having a monster heel around.

One thing that I've noticed with Shad is that he hasn't been able to sell very well in his matches, though when he is working the offense he works well with the other guy in the ring with him. I'm putting my money on this being one of the reasons why he got sent back down to FCW. If you can't sell, why bother wrestling?

There are other reasons that could be factored in here. When Shad made the turn, people got shocked but didn't care as much as other team break-up storylines... much like the Colon's one. Shad attempted in getting heel heat, but ultimately failed. At the first beat, WWE got rid of him in favour of JTG who is somewhat over. It's not his fault entirely, as there was hardly any build to this break-up and the WWE slapped him with shit gimmick/character that every big man heel seems to get. They only let this feud go on for about less than a month, were the big match was at Extreme Rules, giving JTG the victory. Shad ended it by winning on Superstars... but unless it's recapped on SD, the momentum would have bypassed Shad (which it did).

JTG will do great as a singles competitor and will have no troubles. At this present time, the WWE can't say the same for Shad. Though they could have put some effort in, they decided it was best to re-groom him in FCW before giving him the push on SD.

I agree with Dave. I always preferred Shad compared to JTG. Shad was pretty much less annoying than JTG. Honestly I see both of these guys as Jannetty's. Neither have ever really impressed me. As we know now Shad is in FCW tuning his skill. So obviously the WWE cares enough about Shad to try and get something out of him. JTG roams around SD and/or Superstars winning meaningless matches against Dudebusters and going all JYD on us and dancing with the kiddies after his victories. I really can't see either of them going anywhere, but Shad fits the big man form that Vinnie Mac loves, so I can see him (assuming he fixes up what he lacks in FCW) making a little mid card run.

I think Shad has all the potential in the world. He just needs to focus it and move it in the right direction. As someone said, they must see SOMETHING in him or they'd FE him instead of trying to get him to hone his skills in FCW.

The return of Shad Gaspard should happen on Raw. I know Big Zeke is "there" but we'll see what happens with his injury. I think that Shad needs to go on Raw and become Ted DiBiases bodyguard. DiBiase is another one of those dudes with tons of talent but needs to move it in the right direction. Try to build a cabinet again but with Ted, Shad, Maryse and maybe someone else. I think that could be a good career builder and it could help him to build that mega heel stigma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back