• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where's Rey Mysterio?

Hunted-RKO

The United Kingdom Champion
I remember just before WM they was talking about including Rey in the Teddy vs Johnny match as a surprise last member. As we all know, that didn't happen. It's been just over 2 months since Mania and still no sign of Rey, the last time i've seen him on WWE television was i think at the Slammy's. I dont think i can remember him being suspended or violating the wellness policy in-between the time period of the Slammy's and now. I know not everyone's a fan of Rey, this thread's just simply about where is he? And who he will possibly fued with following his return?

Yeah Rey's still suspended right now and he had some issues with his current contract. The contract got extended and the 60 days got added on top of that, so hopefully around Summer Slam he'll be good to go. I'd bet the 1000th episode of Raw we may get an appearence.

As far as who he'll face? I'd have him face a young up and comer or help pad Cody and Kane up before passing the torch to Sin Cara or something.

Even when his suspension days are up,we have no real idea if he is fit enough to return yet? Because of his second violation it is super unlikely that he will just return to the upper card, I think he will be humbled at first and maybe teamed with Sin Cara,to feud with Hunico and Camacho.

Does anyone really care?

Rey Rey was exciting. He's just too beat-up to do all the high-flying shit that made him famous in the first place.
I respect the hell out of him for what he did for smaller dudes in the business, but he should give it up before it's too late.
I mean, does anyone want to see him go the route of the Dynamite Kid? He was the first *real* high-flyer, and nowadays he's a bitter old shit confined to a wheelchair.

Rey was injured by Alberto Del Rio before HIAC, returned to the Slammys (but wasn't cleared to compete), then got suspended back in April, or so.

I honestly lost interest in him. As Oatmeal said, he's all beat up, so I'm guessing his move-set won't be as high-flying as it has been in the past.

At this point does it really matter if Rey comes back? I've watch Rey since his begining days in WCW and really enjoyed his matches. He is the original Sin Cara and other than having a feud with him, what could he do that he already hasn't? im sure if Rey comes back it'll be in a mid-card fashion. I really don't see the WWE pushing him back to the top considering he can't stay healthy or off the suspension list. Maybe if the WWE were to bring back the light heavyweight title, he;d have something to do. But we all remeber that title being Tanka Mitchinoku (his name isn't worth remebering how to spell) claim to fame, haha! Honestly it doesn't matter if Rey comes back. I just don't see him being anything worth pushing for the WWE other than a mid-carder.

Pretty much everyone said it he is suspended! As far as he will feud with when he returns i hope its sin cara sort of passing the torch to him. Rey Rey doesnt have much left in the tank his legs are shot to hell plus he is one violation away from being fired for good. I suspect he will be cannon fodder to mister Ryback when he comes back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back