Where's Percy Watson?

80's were better

Dark Match Winner
Why hasn't Percy Watson been brought up to the main roster yet? After season 2 of NXT I thought for sure we would see him on T.V sooner then later. He was one of the more entertaining guys of that season.He was decent in the ring, pretty good on the mic, and had way more charisma then anyone else on the show other than maybe A-RI.
He should be brought up to Smackdown soon. I think he would be a great addition to their roster. He could be either a Face or a Heel his persona could work both ways. As a face he could potentially be an IC challanger in a few months if built up right. Ultimately I would like to see him reunited with Darren Young as the South Beach Boys. Again they could work as face or heel the gimmick would work either way.
What are your thoughts on Percy Watson? Should he be on the main roster? If so how would he be best used?

People can't stand him, that could be it. Also he has as much in-ring talent as David Otunga.

He was clearly a rip-off of Eddie Murphy, mixed in with some catchphrase, "Yeah baby!" or whatever the hell he said, but from the early stages he began to get on peoples nerves. His laugh is clearly taken from Eddie Murphy, quite sadly it isn't anywhere near as funny of affective because it's Percy Watson. He's another duded whose trying to make himself out to be so comedic that he'll never be taken seriously.

WWE did a poll on the rookies too, who the WWE Universe would like to see on the main roster and he finished near the bottom with Derrick Bateman winning. I wouldn't blame anyone who didn't vote for him, I sure as hell wouldn't.

You know I've wondered the same thing because he was entertaining. They can work on ring work and who knows it's been a year he may be better now. I feel they should put him and Darren Young back together as another tag-team. They would make an interesting team on the main roster. with them keeping young on NXT they must be interesting in using him soon but what could he do by himself. NOt sure. So why not team them up again and go from there. Then like all tagteams brake them up in a year or 2 and see who stands out.

Watson may have ripped off Eddie Murphy but did anybody say something about cena ripping off mark Walberg's character marky mark.

Yeah, here's the difference.

Cena as the "Doctor of Thuganomics" was entertaining every minute they gave him on television, Percy Watson does the exact same thing he was on television and the reason for him not being on television is because he doesn't do anything genuinely entertaining.

Once again, if WWE put up a poll about who the fans wanted to see on the main roster or become a "Pro" and Watson comes next to dead last, yeah, he isn't going anywhere. At least John Cena was legit entertaining back in those days, ripping someone off and making it work is great, ripping someone off and having it fall on deaf ears just leaves you in a worse position than when nobody knew who the hell you were.

Why hasn't Percy Watson been brought up to the main roster yet?

Because he's not good enough. Simple as that.

After season 2 of NXT I thought for sure we would see him on T.V sooner then later. He was one of the more entertaining guys of that season.

Season 2 of NXT was weak as hell as a competition. Nobody, and I mean nobody came close to Kaval's level on that show. He out wrestled, out talked and out performed everybody week in, week out. It doesn't matter if you're more entertaining than Sucky Cannon or Michael McGillicutty if you're lightyears behind the top guy.

He was decent in the ring

No. Just no. He's barely decent now and that's over a year down the line.

pretty good on the mic, and had way more charisma then anyone else on the show other than maybe A-RI.

And Kaval. And considering he was on the show with Moustashe Cottonwood, "The start of the beninning of the genesis of" Michael McGillicutty and Titus O'Neil being the third most charismatic guy isn't much to brag about.

He should be brought up to Smackdown soon. I think he would be a great addition to their roster.

Neither of those things are close to being true.

He could be either a Face or a Heel his persona could work both ways.

Goofy, hammy motherfucker is not a good persona, no matter if you're face or heel.

As a face he could potentially be an IC challanger in a few months if built up right.

Or they could, I don't know push someone who's something more than a clown with a good leap. For example Trent Baretta, Tyson Kidd or Justin Gabriel. All of whom would be more entertaining than Percy.

Ultimately I would like to see him reunited with Darren Young as the South Beach Boys. Again they could work as face or heel the gimmick would work either way.

Did you ever watch the South Beach Boyz? Let me tell you straight off the bat that they weren't good. The only interesting thing about them was their entrance which made everything go (in Wade Barrett's words) "sparkly". In the ring Watson was awful and green as a leprechaun dancing in field of four leafed clovers which have had their greeness enhanced in post production for this similie.

What are your thoughts on Percy Watson? Should he be on the main roster? If so how would he be best used?

In order: Awful, no, squashed and fired.

You know I've wondered the same thing because he was entertaining.

Someone has to I suppose.

They can work on ring work and who knows it's been a year he may be better now.

He is, but he's still pretty bad.

I feel they should put him and Darren Young back together as another tag-team. They would make an interesting team on the main roster.

you're saying Young can be interesting? Pretty sure he's shown himself to be worthless. Seeing as he's gone from Summerslam's Main Event to NXT within a year, and as I've said before, the South Beach Boyz weren't particularly good.

With them keeping Young on NXT they must be interesting in using him soon but what could he do by himself.

So because they're keeping him on NXT and doing nothing with him since this time last year they are interested in doing things with him? I don't follow your logic.

So why not team them up again and go from there. Then like all tagteams brake them up in a year or 2 and see who stands out.

Because the SBB were bad and the tag division is a worthless, obsolete, irrelevent thing that should be slowly go the route of the Cruiserweight division and get phased out. No point in remaking a bad team for a useless division

Percy who ? no but seriously Percy Watson was my least favorite person on NXT season 2 I know they tried to get the '' Rookies '' to be liked but Percy was just down right awful the frames for the glasses were just stupid, his personalty was second to Eli Cottonwood's because they had no personalty I don't think he will be brought up to the main roster he's not that good of a talent, now the guys from season 2 Joe Henning AKA Micheal Mcgillacutty Windam Rotunda AKA Husky Harris they have it not because there sons of a Hall of Famer and a Legend of Wrestling granted they know the biz but Percy just has no talent and should be let go.

He's not on the WWE main roster as nobody likes him, including myself. In one of my recent posts I said a team of him and Truth would be good and thinking about it I was wong. Very wrong. As he would just be bringing Truth down and Truth deserves more than being with Percy. He also has no talent so he simply has nothing to offer to WWE and that is the reason he is not seen on tv and is not on the main roster.

Damn, a lot of Percy hate on the forums. He was my favorite guy from NXT2.

As far as in-ring skills go, yeah, he wasn't Daniel Bryan, and he was probably put on TV too soon, but he didn't make me feel awkward watching him, like a guy such as David Otunga does. Watson could at least string together a few moves and make it look pretty fluid. And he can hit a beautiful dropkick, for whatever that's worth.

And for the six weeks or so that he was on TV, I think he was able to develop his character more succinctly than any of the other NXT2 guys--and that's important. I didn't (and still don't) know why people were so high on McGuillicutty--I knew he was Curt Hennig's son... yet didn't share his last name... and... he liked to wrestle..? That's about it. Kaval, yeah, was this experienced in-ring veteran, but. He raps? Watson had this distinct character, and every one of his actions--from what he said, to how he walked to the ring, to the little dance moves he did in between his moves--all worked to strengthen that characterization. Maybe the character was irksome to a lot of you, but I personally found it pretty hilarious, and, more importantly, consistent and well-developed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back