Debut Percy Watson!

Look Percy is better than Masters. Masters was a jobber therefore he has no credibility. Masters was a past steroids user. While he may be good in the ring he has no Mic skills. Therefore Percy is better than Masters.

Since I began posting on these boards, nothing has made me actually laugh out loud. The part I have underline made me laugh out loud - and hard.

Dude I can see you're a fan of Percy Watson, I'm not going to deny you that right, but when supporting anyone, and especially a wrestler don't make outlandish remarks like the one you did there. Percy Watson is not a better wrestler than Chris Masters. Have you seen Masters wrestle lately? I watch WWE Superstars and Chris Masters has improved ten-fold since his original WWE run.

The jobber remark is actually false. When has Chris Masters been a jobber? Any match he has they portray him as a big guy who gets defeated, and that was ages ago. He wins a majority of his Superstars matches. Difference between being a jobber and a lower card wrestler. And even if he is a jobber, Rey Mysterio was once jobbing on WCW. Eight years later he won the World Heavyweight Championship. Masters is in his late twenties, he has time.

And yes he was caught up in the steroid distribution case. So was Randy Orton, Edge and Rey Mysterio. Does that mean that Percy Watson should be pushed ahead of Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio? No, because Randy Orton began his career as a charismatic kid, who eventually transitioned into "The Legend Killer" and then evolved into as we know him now, "The Viper." Orton has always had a great look and he is 10x the in-ring wrestler Percy Watson is, sadly Orton has suffered numerous injuries to his shoulder and collerbone which has left him with hypermobile shoulders. Nothing he can do about it, and even with them he's a much more exciting wrestler than Percy Watson again.

And Chris Masters also has microphone skills, again, something which you would know by watching when he was a pro on NXT. He has cut the occasional promo on Superstars, and once again, he has improved from his original WWE run. There are way more members of the wrestling and IWC community who would prefer to see a Masters push than the debut of Percy Watson.

I can see you are a fan of Watson's and you're making really good arguements, but that comment was out of left field and 100% false. Continue what you were originally doing and stay away from things like that to sway peoples opinions. Thank you.

Since I began posting on these boards, nothing has made me actually laugh out loud. The part I have underline made me laugh out loud - and hard.

Dude I can see you're a fan of Percy Watson, I'm not going to deny you that right, but when supporting anyone, and especially a wrestler don't make outlandish remarks like the one you did there. Percy Watson is not a better wrestler than Chris Masters. Have you seen Masters wrestle lately? I watch WWE Superstars and Chris Masters has improved ten-fold since his original WWE run.

The jobber remark is actually false. When has Chris Masters been a jobber? Any match he has they portray him as a big guy who gets defeated, and that was ages ago. He wins a majority of his Superstars matches. Difference between being a jobber and a lower card wrestler. And even if he is a jobber, Rey Mysterio was once jobbing on WCW. Eight years later he won the World Heavyweight Championship. Masters is in his late twenties, he has time.

And yes he was caught up in the steroid distribution case. So was Randy Orton, Edge and Rey Mysterio. Does that mean that Percy Watson should be pushed ahead of Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio? No, because Randy Orton began his career as a charismatic kid, who eventually transitioned into "The Legend Killer" and then evolved into as we know him now, "The Viper." Orton has always had a great look and he is 10x the in-ring wrestler Percy Watson is, sadly Orton has suffered numerous injuries to his shoulder and collerbone which has left him with hypermobile shoulders. Nothing he can do about it, and even with them he's a much more exciting wrestler than Percy Watson again.

And Chris Masters also has microphone skills, again, something which you would know by watching when he was a pro on NXT. He has cut the occasional promo on Superstars, and once again, he has improved from his original WWE run. There are way more members of the wrestling and IWC community who would prefer to see a Masters push than the debut of Percy Watson.

I can see you are a fan of Watson's and you're making really good arguements, but that comment was out of left field and 100% false. Continue what you were originally doing and stay away from things like that to sway peoples opinions. Thank you.

I'm glad my remarks amuse you, I have been told I am a people pleaser :D

To get back on subject, you want to know who my favourite wrestler was in 2005? Chris Masters. I once met him when RAW came to England and believe me when I say he is an extremnely nice guy. I also met Carlito, they had just beaten another tag team, can't remember but when they left my Dad asked for a picture and autographs and Carlito rudely refuse but Masters actually posed and sign autographs for roughly 20 people.

I like Masters and don't get me wrong his matches with Reks early this year were fantastic. Sort of like Attitude Era Matches with 2 heavyweights having a match. Masters would be a perfect candidate for being a midcard face but he doesn't possess the most important attribite in this industry today and that is being an entertainer. He is a great in ring wrestler but WWE who are shying away from the 'WRESLING' aspect want a guy who can entertain. Sadly this means guys like Masters and E.Bourne don'y qualify due to their lack of mic skills/charisma. Tbf Masters does have Charisma when he poses but no mic skills, what does he sound like o_O

This is why I'm in favour of Percy Watson who is a good in ring competitor. Don't belive me? Look at some of his FCW bouts, £5 says you will be impressed. And more importantly he is entertaining. He has the flair and charisma that will take him far with the WWE. I agree with you a JGlass when I say Ryder, Bourne and Masters deserve to be midcarders ahead of Percy. But each of them misses an important attribute. Ryder doesn;t have the credibility at the moment of beating a former world champion cleanly, Bourne and Masters don't have the mic skills. I'm not saying percy should be a megastar such as Orton or Cena but I'm saying he should be on the same level as Kofi which is a midcard face.

FYI I do like Percy Watson but trust me when I say he is not my favourite WWE wrestler. My favourite restler signed to the WWE is Seth Rollins, then CM Punk, then Sin Cara, then Rhodes and finally newly signed superstar Jon Moxely. Indy scene > generic wrestlers i.e Cena :)

Although he has the look and ability of a champion he goes out and acts like a big goof. The obvious progression for his character is to get doused and trounced by R-Truth.

However, I would like to see him drop the super-happy-clown-guy character and join R-Truth. It is unlikely that we will see this since by reading a lot of these posts, his current character is getting over with a lot of people.

Oy, so long.

You Sir have a good knowledge for the sport and it is getting harder and harder to beat you.

If you're trying to beat me, give up. Your markdom is blinding your common sense.

Look, this all started off because look at the midcard heels Raw has. Swagger, Drew McIntyre and Ziggler. They really only have one midcarder face which is Kofi.

Plus Santino, and now Riley. And, once again, Raw would be much better off elevating one of their current midcarders like Masters or Bourne than debuting a guy for which there is little hype outside of his small group of fans.

Ryder is extremely charsmatic, I love Ryder. But Ryder has been jobbing for a long time. I cannot recall him beating Bourne, last victory I can recall is him beating Kosolove with Hawkins interfering. Ryder win/loss record must be extremely poor. If he was pushed and had a midcard fued with Swagger and they had a 1 on 1 match handsdown Ryder will get the bigger pops but also handdown Ryder will lose. Don't take it personally I love Ryder but he has no credbility. Who can actually believe a guy that squashed by Sheamus in like 5 seconds can beat a former World Heavyweight Champion.

Most WWE fans don't have a memory for stuff like that. If it didn't happen within the past 6 months, it might as well not have happened at all, especially when it comes to something as forgettable as squash matches.

And I was mistaken about the Bourne thing, but he has picked up his fair share of wins on Superstars. And with his following, he'd be a much better candidate for a feud on RAW than Percy Watson. It's all about selling tickets, t-shirts, and getting ratings, and a guy with a huge internet following could do that much better than a guy with no hype and a small following.

Jeff Hardy is a *****. Plain and simple. The only reason WWE put up with that S.O.A.B is that he was the biggest Fan Favourite in the WWE during that time. Masters on the other hand is not a fan favourite. I for one am suprised he is still with the company after his past addictions to steroids. Primarly why Masters is not being pushed is due to his past drug abuse.

Uh, your point? You said it yourself, Jeff Hardy was the most over face in the WWE for a long time, it doesn't matter what drugs he did.

And are you trying to tell me Masters was not a jobber? LOL. Did you watch Superstars and Smackdown during 2010??? Whenever he was telivised he lost to boost upcoming heels i.e Rhodes, Reks. He lost to other jobbers i.e Chavo. And he rarely ever one and if he did it was against the likes of Hawkins or Archer. After seeing Masters lose on a regular basis I can never believe he can beat the likes of Swagger or Ziggler. He beat Drew McIntyre... their obvisouly booking Drew wrong and making him lose to JOBBERS such as Masters, Bret Hart also tweeted about this.

Newsflash, 2010 was 6 months ago, and everything is different now. Everything has changed as of recent. And I'm getting tired of your stupid excuses like, "Chris Masters only beat Drew McIntyre because he's booked wrong LOL." Guess what, Masters beat McIntyre, and he looked dominant when he did it.

Bourne. Bourne is arguably in the Top 3 best in-ring competitors in the WWE right now. Most likely behind Bryan and Punk and joint 3rd with Sin Cara a.k.a Mistico.

That alone is a laugh. I doubt I'd put him in the top 10.

He has a number of exciting moves in his arsenal but like Bryan he has no charisma.

While neither ooze charisma, both have a certain charm about them.

WWE is no longer about wrestling sir, it's more about about entertainment. It's either your charimatic or your not. Percy is, Bournes not. I'm sure even you can understand... ;)

Randy Orton seems to be getting by just fine, as does Kane. You can do a lot with very little charisma. You're also forgetting that, while you and I find Percy Watson endearing, he had a large amount of detractors who found him extraordinarily annoying during NXT Season 2.

Also the fact Bourne is small means that he is unlikely to be pushed. Before you say 'What about Mysterio, he's small and is a 3 time world champion' Myserio is mexican! He was only pushed because they wanted to gain Mexican viewers and gain a hispanic audience and fan base. They previously had Guerrero but he sadly passed away, god rest his soul. With now Eddie to promote mexicans along came Mysterio. The only reason Mysterio was pushed instead of Chavo was Mysterio was already a loved face while Chavo was a heel. Mysterio was only pushed to promoet to mexicans. He's not entertaining... Neither is Bourne therefore it is unlikely Vince will chose to push a small uncharismatic indvidual like Bourne.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Sin Cara is being pushed, Daniel Bryan is still a a regular player, Justin Gabriel is clearly the only Nexus success story besides Wade Barrett, and the WWE continues to sign smaller and smaller talent every day. Furthermore, let's not act like Percy is a physical specimen or anything. He's ripped, but he's no John Cena.

Smiling goes a long way ? It has especially worked for Bourne hasn't it? His smile has allowed him to win 0 Titles during his time with the company... ¬¬

You can have a good career without winning any titles, ask Jake Roberts. And Percy hasn't exactly been succeeding either, has he?

Your calling me an idiot? Well Sir you are a fool. Santino has a little finisher that is less impactful than a punch and has won a few matches.

He's one of the most over wrestlers on Raw, that alone makes him a better choice for Percy Watson for a feud, a match, a promo, or anything.

You even said it yourself, 'suprising'. It is suprising when he win because he is a freakin' jobber! That move can never hurt anymone. Have you ever seen Santino beat a former world champion such as Ziggler or Swagger? NO.

[YOUTUBE]1ZviA4j7lo4[/YOUTUBE]

Have you ever seen him beat a jobber like Ryder or Hawkins? YES. He beats jobbers and suddenly you think he is more likely to beat Swagger.

Refer to him beating Sheamus, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Santino beat Swagger if they faced off in the coming weeks.

Percy is A. a better in-ring competitor,

Irrelevant by your standards. You said it's all about charisma, which Santino has in spades. He has more of it than just about anyone else in the WWE.

B. better build and C. a clean slate. What I mean by this he has not had a past of jobbing such as Santino or Ryder so people will think he is more than likely to beat a guy like Swagger because he is new and never before seen, nobody knows what he is capable of.

You're still ignoring the fact that Santino is one of the most over wrestlers in the WWE. Regardless of what you think about his wrestling ability or how he's booked, he has the audience eating out of the palm of his hand on a nightly basis, a skill that is hard to come by, a skill that I know Percy Watson doesn't have now, and a skill he may never develop.

And know to talk about Riley... Riley will be the next big thing after the fued with the Miz. How do I know? After attacking the Miz he suddenly recieved more pops the following week than John Cena did that night. If he runs with the ball during the fued with Miz he can be huge come the end of Summer time. Riley will obviosuly lose to Miz at CP but he may win MITB? He may have another match with the Miz at Summerslam because I doubt they will have Miz vs Cena again. The future is looking good for Riley. After all of this he most likely still won't be a midcarder. He most likely will go against CM Punk, ADR or R Truth if they are not in a fued.

He's not going to win Money in the Bank. He's still not able to carry a feud on his own, and he's not championship material yet. Yes, the future is looking good for Riley, and it is wide open, and you're right, he'll probably be put into a feud with CM Punk or R-Truth, but after those are over, I'm sure he'll be right back in the midcard.

I said guys like Reks, DH Smith, Primo should not be on the roster because guys like PERCY!, Steamboat JR., Seth Rollins, Xavier Woods, Brett Dibiase, Bo Rotundo deserve to come up soon.

The WWE knows something we don't. Maybe the FCW guys you named aren't ripe enough yet, maybe they have plans for Reks or Smith or Primo, or maybe they have big plans to debute Steamboat or DiBiase. There's a reason for everything.

To summarise Percy is an ideal candidate to become a midcard face on Raw ahead of Masters, Ryder, Satino and Bourne because no past drug history, no past history of being a jobber, oozing charisma, mic skills, decent in ring ability and will fit in perfect as a midcard face!

The drug history thing is totally irrelevant, and continuing to bring it up is pathetic.

Having a history of being a jobber is also irrelevant, as most people forget about that sort of thing over time. I point to Dolph Ziggler as an example. Mick Foley also got his start jobbing in the WWF. The Hardys also began their careers as jobbers, but later become two of the WWE's top competitors. This argument is also void.

Oozing charisma is really his only selling point, but that doesn't always translate to success right away.

Why would the WWE settle for decent in ring ability when they have a couple of solid workers in Masters and Bourne?

Watson will come up from FCW eventually, but now is not the time. He needs the proper build so people are ready for his charisma and his personality, as he is not the kind of character you just thrust upon someone without any warning. Right now, though, he has no place on the Raw or Smackdown rosters.

Oy, so long.

If you're trying to beat me, give up. Your markdom is blinding your common sense.

Plus Santino, and now Riley. And, once again, Raw would be much better off elevating one of their current midcarders like Masters or Bourne than debuting a guy for which there is little hype outside of his small group of fans.

Most WWE fans don't have a memory for stuff like that. If it didn't happen within the past 6 months, it might as well not have happened at all, especially when it comes to something as forgettable as squash matches.

And I was mistaken about the Bourne thing, but he has picked up his fair share of wins on Superstars. And with his following, he'd be a much better candidate for a feud on RAW than Percy Watson. It's all about selling tickets, t-shirts, and getting ratings, and a guy with a huge internet following could do that much better than a guy with no hype and a small following.

Uh, your point? You said it yourself, Jeff Hardy was the most over face in the WWE for a long time, it doesn't matter what drugs he did.

Newsflash, 2010 was 6 months ago, and everything is different now. Everything has changed as of recent. And I'm getting tired of your stupid excuses like, "Chris Masters only beat Drew McIntyre because he's booked wrong LOL." Guess what, Masters beat McIntyre, and he looked dominant when he did it.

That alone is a laugh. I doubt I'd put him in the top 10.

While neither ooze charisma, both have a certain charm about them.

Randy Orton seems to be getting by just fine, as does Kane. You can do a lot with very little charisma. You're also forgetting that, while you and I find Percy Watson endearing, he had a large amount of detractors who found him extraordinarily annoying during NXT Season 2.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Sin Cara is being pushed, Daniel Bryan is still a a regular player, Justin Gabriel is clearly the only Nexus success story besides Wade Barrett, and the WWE continues to sign smaller and smaller talent every day. Furthermore, let's not act like Percy is a physical specimen or anything. He's ripped, but he's no John Cena.

You can have a good career without winning any titles, ask Jake Roberts. And Percy hasn't exactly been succeeding either, has he?

He's one of the most over wrestlers on Raw, that alone makes him a better choice for Percy Watson for a feud, a match, a promo, or anything.

[YOUTUBE]1ZviA4j7lo4[/YOUTUBE]

Refer to him beating Sheamus, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Santino beat Swagger if they faced off in the coming weeks.

Irrelevant by your standards. You said it's all about charisma, which Santino has in spades. He has more of it than just about anyone else in the WWE.

You're still ignoring the fact that Santino is one of the most over wrestlers in the WWE. Regardless of what you think about his wrestling ability or how he's booked, he has the audience eating out of the palm of his hand on a nightly basis, a skill that is hard to come by, a skill that I know Percy Watson doesn't have now, and a skill he may never develop.

He's not going to win Money in the Bank. He's still not able to carry a feud on his own, and he's not championship material yet. Yes, the future is looking good for Riley, and it is wide open, and you're right, he'll probably be put into a feud with CM Punk or R-Truth, but after those are over, I'm sure he'll be right back in the midcard.

The WWE knows something we don't. Maybe the FCW guys you named aren't ripe enough yet, maybe they have plans for Reks or Smith or Primo, or maybe they have big plans to debute Steamboat or DiBiase. There's a reason for everything.

The drug history thing is totally irrelevant, and continuing to bring it up is pathetic.

Having a history of being a jobber is also irrelevant, as most people forget about that sort of thing over time. I point to Dolph Ziggler as an example. Mick Foley also got his start jobbing in the WWF. The Hardys also began their careers as jobbers, but later become two of the WWE's top competitors. This argument is also void.

Oozing charisma is really his only selling point, but that doesn't always translate to success right away.

Why would the WWE settle for decent in ring ability when they have a couple of solid workers in Masters and Bourne?

Watson will come up from FCW eventually, but now is not the time. He needs the proper build so people are ready for his charisma and his personality, as he is not the kind of character you just thrust upon someone without any warning. Right now, though, he has no place on the Raw or Smackdown rosters.

Wow dude. I am impressed. I am actually applauding you. You know a lot. I personally feel the time is right to debut a charismatic face but CLEARLY we have different opinions. Lets see what happens, although I would like Percy to debut my money is on Bourne getting the push after beating Swagger. If not Bourne I just watched Masters and I'll give you your props, he was very good against Drew :)

All I was saying that maybe the midcard division needs a new midcard face who can entertain instead of wrestling. I understand Zack Ryder has a huge following and they want him to be pushed but clearly WWE has some motive why they are not pushing him , I don't know. Ans Santino, I find him funny but in my eyes he will always be a jobber. And for him beating Sheamus, well we know without any outside interferance it would be BYE BYE Santino.

Well I surrender if thats what you wanted. I cannot be bothered to argue with you friend. I have an exam for tuesday which I should revise for but if you want to continue this discussion we can PM each other.

As for Riley, hopefully he will stay relevant for a while, I don't want to see him in the midcard role. I was hoping Morrison was fit for MITB but if he's not I would like to see either A. Riley or B. Ziggler. This would be a hue jumpstart for Rileys career and a RE-START in Zigglers career. Actually maybe Del Rio should win, he's become irrelevant no unfortunatley :(

And lets be honest, I doubt D H Smith or Primo will be pushed or used anymore. As you say there is a lot of talent and there is no room for them

Anyway to conclude I enjoyed this debate and I'm sure we will be in a heated discussion in the future. All the best Rikki. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back