• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where would DX have gone if Shawn Michaels was never injured?

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
D-Generation X is one of the most popular wresting stables of all time. It's semi-current incarnation of Shawn Michaels and HHH is also its original incarnation, minus bodyguard Chyna and "inurance policy" Rick Rude.

However, the most popular and recognizable era came with the so-called DX Army of HHH, Chyna, X-Pac and the New Age Outlaws, Billy Gunn and Road Dogg. This incarnation began to take shape when X-Pac returned to the WWF the night after HBK's last ever match and sided with HHH.

But what do you think would have happened if Shawn Michaels had never been injured?

I think that the group would never have really got the momentum that they got, and would have probably never gained members. It would have ended with HHH turning on Shawn Michaels, and then a brief feud, with HHH reaching the main event later than he did. The New Age Outlaws would have continued doing what they did, but with a much lower relevance and popularity. X-Pac would have probably been given a push as he had come from WCW, but again to a lesser effect.

So, all in all I think HBK's injury managed to create a better career for 4 different wrestlers, and DX's merchandise and general stock of the stable also greatly rose.

Reactions: Lee
Completely agree, though I am a hardcore Shawn Michaels fan and hate the fact he was forced to leave the ring for the amount of time that he did, i agree that his absence did have a phenomonally good impact for the careers of HHH, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn and X-Pac, they'd never have got to where they did as quickly without the absence of the Heart Break Kid but in my opinion, most of the talent gained benefits from his time away purely because he was untouchable in the ring. After he left however, more and more talent were getting bigger pushes so it was good for business but bad for us fans in my opinion

I think Shawn would have been winning more world titles and DX would have die when HHH got marry to the bosses daughter. shawn and hhh would have feuded then. I think all of the members of DX would have stay in WWE, even Chyna.

If Shawn had never got injured I think it would've just pushed the timeline back. After Wrestlemania, Shawn lost the title to Stone Cold, which would've started a feud between HHH and HBK. The feud would've gone onto to a match at Wrestlemania, where I'm sure HHH would've won, since he was on his way to the main event scene with The Rock and Stone Cold. Over the years HBK would've won more championships, amd HHH wouldnt've been far behind. I don't think much would've changed with where X-Pac was going. Chyna would've still been the dominat female on the wrestling side of things in WWE (although I try really hard to forget that good housekeeping match for the IC title with Jeff Jarret). Mr Ass and Road Dogg would've proably got lost in the shuffle. When DX was reformed under the Mcmahon Hemsley era, it would've been intersting to see how things could've gone if Shawn was still around. I think it would'vea been an great storyline to see HBK stand up against the new DX as the lone outcast. Then Once HBK had some allies, there could've been an epic ten man tag match at Wrestlemania between the new DX (with Steph included) VS HBK, Stone Cold, The Rock, Mick Foley, and Chyna.

I agree with what alot of you have said....except that ten man 'mania tag. That would of been more of a Survivor Series possibility. But my personal opinion is that I think HBK would of recruited x-pac and the outlaws, the night after WM XIV. Austin would of beat HBK in a rematch, and then splintered into a feud with Triple H for the title, and H would of eventually won, causing HBK to turn on him. And there's one thing you all left out....it would of made HBK vs. The Rock a reality!!!!!

Without HBK there was no need to keep it in the family and bring in X-Pac, maybe WWE had planned for X-Pac to be in before HBK was injured, likely not though. With HBK still there they wouldn't really be a successful stable, not many can remember the original DX incarnation, and teh DX army was certainly more over. The 2006 reunion was a bit silly in my opinion, why? The legacy didn't have that much to do with HBK, yeah he may have lain the foundations, but did he build upon it? NO.

I Agree With You Tastycles Ahahaha, Ehmmm Yes That Was What I Thought When I Read The Question, If Michaels Never Got Injured He Would Have Won 2 Or 3 More World Titles, And Then At The End Triple H Maybe Managed By ChynA Would Have Turned On Hbk And Become The Champion, Thus Ending Dx. Or Maybe Chyna Would Have Stood With Michaels And Triple H Turns On Them And The Same, A Feud Between The 2.

I think that DX would have been just as powerful as the NWO of WCW. If you all remember, before shawn got hurt the outlaws were already about to get down with DX. Remember the LOD vs HBK & HHH match? So i don't think much would have changed as far as they were concerned. Now I really don't think X-Pac would have been a major factor as he was. He might have came in a little later on, but definitely not right after wrestlemania as he did.

I think that DX would have been just as powerful as the NWO of WCW. If you all remember, before shawn got hurt the outlaws were already about to get down with DX. Remember the LOD vs HBK & HHH match? So i don't think much would have changed as far as they were concerned. Now I really don't think X-Pac would have been a major factor as he was. He might have came in a little later on, but definitely not right after wrestlemania as he did.

yeah, i was just thinking about that but couldn't quite remember what match it was.. i remember after the Outlaws did their beat down and left, they showed HBK's face and he was mouthing the words "not bad" like he was thinking of recruiting 'em later on or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back