• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where would Christian be....?

Where would Christian be if he never left WWE?

• Higher, as in a possible World title run in WWE

• Lower, maybe gone.

• The same, as in maybe a bit higher or lower, in the mid-card range

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheMizardofOzsome

Mizards>Wizards
...If he didn't jumship to TNA, This hasn't been mentioned recently, and I don't think this will be speculation, but where do you, the IWC, believe Christian would be right now if he would of stayed with WWE and never jumped ship.

I for one believe he would of been sent to Ecw anyways, but maybe some more matches, then a run with one of the mid card titles and possibly a fued with Edge, akin to the Hardyz feud in '09, at the leasst he wouldn't be teaming with Fatt Hardy.

I believe he would have has a title run by now. I mean, after E and C, both Christian and Edge were given Intercontinental title runs. Christian decided that wasn't enough and jumped ship to TNA. (I actually have no clue why he did that.)

I think he would have been at the top with his buddy Edge right now. Like I said, they are both very similar in wrestling and mic skills. They both play heel really well, and Christian would be at the top feuding with whoever for a world title.

I think he wouldn't have gone to ECW, if he did, then he probably would return back to RAW or SD! really quick. He has the talent, and I think MicMicManagons would have liked him a lot more if Christian didn't break Vince's trust by going over to TNA. And, I bet you he regrets doing that too.

I believe he would have has a title run by now. I mean, after E and C, both Christian and Edge were given Intercontinental title runs. Christian decided that wasn't enough and jumped ship to TNA. (I actually have no clue why he did that.)

I think he would have been at the top with his buddy Edge right now. Like I said, they are both very similar in wrestling and mic skills. They both play heel really well, and Christian would be at the top feuding with whoever for a world title.

I think he wouldn't have gone to ECW, if he did, then he probably would return back to RAW or SD! really quick. He has the talent, and I think MicMicManagons would have liked him a lot more if Christian didn't break Vince's trust by going over to TNA. And, I bet you he regrets doing that too.

Sadly your right, and also he wasn't old (Mick Foley, Kurt Angle) and he didn't actually need to settle down, so I guess that we shall never know:shrug:

For some reason I don't really feel jumping ship to TNA was the reason Christian hasn't won a World Title, he'd most likely constanly be in the IC/US title picture while picking up a Non-Title win here and there against a World Champion, but nothing much further than that.

I think he would have at least had one reign as WWE or WH champion. If he hadn't gone to TNA. They probably would have put him against Edge after he became champion. He did have a few title matches against Cena and was near the top of the card on Smackdown the year he left.

Then again you never know in WWE. Matt Hardy has always been loyal and look were he's at. Jeff Hardy has had his issues went to TNA when he got fired in '03 came back and is a 3 time champion.

I personally have always like christian.Even when he was in the brood.He's pretty well rounded when it comes to in-ring performing.Submission,Mat wrestling,selling,Aerial/flying,and he's over with the crowd which is REALLY important.I think they should have an EDGE/Christian Fued,or have win Wrestlemania 27's MITB match.That would officially elevate him as a Main-eventer.But everyone knows mcmahon doesn't like small guys,so he probably wouldn't of won a WHC by now.Maybe......Oh and like the Name says.....The MIZ..is over rated

...If he didn't jumship to TNA, This hasn't been mentioned recently, and I don't think this will be speculation, but where do you, the IWC, believe Christian would be right now if he would of stayed with WWE and never jumped ship.

LOL Speculation is all it can be. Nobody knows for sure. If you are going to use big words, know what they mean first, and it is "jump ship." Not jumship.

As for your question...he would have stayed in the undercard and got lost in oblivion. He would probably be in TNA right now if he didn't leave back then. One way or another, Christian would have gone to TNA. Edge is a far more believable champ than Christian ever can be. Sure, Christian might have received a shot or two at Edge's belt, but he wouldn't have won the strap.

Now as I recall the situation, just before Christian left for TNA, he was being pushed on Raw with his series of promo's talking down a then rapping Cena. Cena then got drafted to Raw and it looked obvious that he would feud with Christian, but then Christian was sent to Smackdown for no reason and his push was ended. Then his contract came up and they offered him a lower end guaranteed contract then what he was currently making and Christian basically told them to shove it and left for TNA where he basically made the same amount of money with a lot less work, pretty obvious reason for leaving.

As for where he would be had he stayed, I see him sorta like a Mr Perfect / Owen Hart kind of level, where he would have had some main event feuds, likely with Edge and maybe Jericho, but he wouldn't win them and then he would go back to the mid card level.

As a peep, I'd like to think that he would've had at least had one reign as either WWE or World Heavyweight Championship had he stuck around back then. That's wishful thinking I know. I didn't like it when he jumped to TNA five years ago, but I was glad solely for the reason that he became a two-time World Champion there.

With the storyline going on right now with Christian and Matt Hardy, the WWE must have something up their sleeve with that. When they had that promo a couple weeks back promoting Money in the Bank and how they talked about how they were constantly overlooked despite their skills, what was the WWE's point in having that if they didn't have something in mind with those two? Sure, it was to help promote the pay-per-view but you'd think there would be more to it.

I'd like to see Christian have a reign at the top, even if it's just a couple of months and he's a transitional champion. After all, Jack Swagger said in an article that it's better to be booked as a weak champion than not be booked as champion at all. It might be a weak title run but it's a title run nonetheless.

Had Christian not jumped ship to TNA back when he did, I think he would be...

exactly where he is right now. A plausible upper mid-carder, near the main event but not quite there. He may have gotten a minor push in the main event, but I say it would have been unsuccessful and he would not have held any major gold in his career. Which is unfortunate because I am a big fan of Christian and would love to see him in the main event and holding some of the major hardware.

Christian is just too small to be a consistent main eventer. Now I know there are exceptions to this rule, such as Mysterio, but as a general rule of thumb the smaller guys do not receive as big a push as the bigger guys in the WWE. This may not be fair, but I think it is accurate.

Plus, he has never really seemed to be in McMahon's good books. Sure, he's even less so since his defection to TNA and his subsequent return, but even before he left, it never seemed that Vince was too high on him. Otherwise, he would have been pushed and he probably never would have left in the first place.

Every MITB match I hope Christian's time has arrived, I really do. But his time never has come in terms of the main event and I don't believe it ever will. Hope I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat my words if I am. But I'm not. He'll remain in the IC picture, or the US picture, or of course the tag team scene, but the WWE or WHC, not happening.

Had Christian not jumped ship to TNA back when he did, I think he would be...

exactly where he is right now. A plausible upper mid-carder, near the main event but not quite there. He may have gotten a minor push in the main event, but I say it would have been unsuccessful and he would not have held any major gold in his career. Which is unfortunate because I am a big fan of Christian and would love to see him in the main event and holding some of the major hardware.

Christian is just too small to be a consistent main eventer. Now I know there are exceptions to this rule, such as Mysterio, but as a general rule of thumb the smaller guys do not receive as big a push as the bigger guys in the WWE. This may not be fair, but I think it is accurate.

Plus, he has never really seemed to be in McMahon's good books. Sure, he's even less so since his defection to TNA and his subsequent return, but even before he left, it never seemed that Vince was too high on him. Otherwise, he would have been pushed and he probably never would have left in the first place.

Every MITB match I hope Christian's time has arrived, I really do. But his time never has come in terms of the main event and I don't believe it ever will. Hope I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat my words if I am. But I'm not. He'll remain in the IC picture, or the US picture, or of course the tag team scene, but the WWE or WHC, not happening.

Don't forget HBK, they are pretty much the same size (HBK may have some more muscles) but he is about the same size, and Jeff wasn't all musclely (I would say Jeff was a tad bit fatter than Christian is now) two people who were/are HUGE and were near the same size.

As I said, there are exceptions to the rule. HBK, Chris Jericho, Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, and others, there are examples of guys who achieved individual success despite their smaller stature (by WWE standards, as these guys are not small by everyday standards). But let's face it, as much of a Christian fan as I am, he's certainly not in the class of these elite guys. These guys are/were outstanding in their careers and much as I like Christian and think he's pretty good, he's hardly outstanding. He's not good enough to break the "rule" of smaller guys not excelling. While guys like Batista, Goldberg, Khali, etc., get pushed despite being mediocre at best, guys like Christian or Benjamin have to wait.

As I said, there are exceptions to the rule. HBK, Chris Jericho, Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, and others, there are examples of guys who achieved individual success despite their smaller stature

But they also had the help of Vince McMahon. Vince thought they were good enough to be main eventers. Vince liked these guys. (Except Bret Hart, he just kept him in the main event because Bret made Vince money, much like Cena. Except Vince likes Cena.) You can tell that Vince doesn't like Christian so much. Christian was never "The Chosen One". IMO Christian does deserve the main event, and if Vince actually gave him the chance to chase a title, then I'm sure everybody would be happy.

(Don't get me wrong though, I think all of the guys you listed are amazing wrestlers.)

(Annnd, Bret Hart was considered "small"?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back