• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where would Benoit's career be if he had never died?

Well, if he didn't kill his family and commit suicide, he would of done something similar done the road. They did the studies on his brain, and it was injured. No telling what would of happen.

He would of been in the WWE, the wellness policy and the PG era would of been delayed. He might of just killed himself, instead of anyone else living with him.

Career wise, he would of done well. I think it would of been a matter of time before he wrestled John Cena for some type of title. Family Wise, he would of done something awful to the family. Maybe just himself.

First off, Chris did not die. He committed suicide, Eddie Guerrero died. And to be honest I see him winning the ECW title for sure. Then eventually losing it in a feud with Punk and he would've left to go to TNA just like RVD, Kurt, The Dudleys, The Hardys, etc. all did. Now im not a "TNA Fanboy" or whatever you want to call me, but Chris' character was very one dimensional and he wouldve gone to TNA. Lets be realistic all these idiots who say he would be a 5 Time Champion since then are out of there fucking minds. And I think if Chris and Eddie did not die, Rey Mysterio would also be in TNA and likewise for Eddie had he not died. Everyone wants to put these guys on a pedastal after they pass away and make it like they were going to become a mega-star again when in reality they were getting stale and people were getting tired of them. Eddie is the only exception because I really like his character before he died (even if Batista was carrying that whole storyline). But its time to be realistic, and that is that these guys wouldve jumped ship to TNA. Lets not forget they were getting up there in age and Orlando TNA wouldve been fine for them and they probably would all be champions THERE, NOT IN WWE.

what a dumbass thing to say. Suicide is still death, a form of death. It doesnt matter how you die, you die. You could say he wasnt killed, but then Eddie wasnt killed and ultimately it's almost like an unintentional suicide or a slow-acting suicide just like cigarette smokers, drug users, etc etc.

There are many ways to die, everybody dies- the one definitive truth in life

Chris Benoit would have won the ECW Championship and gone on to defend the title as probably the best ECW Champion in WWE history. Of course, with events turning out the way they did, Christian earned that honour later on. After Benoit's run with ECW, he probably would have returned to either RAW or Smackdown feuding with one of the main heels at the time. He probably would have won another US Championship and I think he would have won at least one more World title (I always preferred the WWE Championship for Benoit) before maintaining a steady role in the mid-card division again. However, I'm not sure if he would have retired shortly thereafter. I can't even make the assumption since a guy like Kurt Angle is still wrestling.

if none of that stuff happened he would have won the ecw title and got the world/wwe title and would be retired by now

If Chris Benoit was still alive today he would of had some great matches with the likes of Punk and Bryan. Benoit was one of the best Technical Wrestlers of all time (Watch some of his matches against Kurt Angle)

Like others have said though his brain was damaged, and he had already undergone Neck Surgery, so he had both Physical and Mental issues. I guess if the double murder suicide had not happened, he could of possibly been on a part time contract like Undertaker and Triple H.

It depends what you mean.

1)Do you mean, if Benoit had not died, and had NOT killed his family?

OR

2)If Benoit had killed his family, but then not killed himself as well?

1)If it is the first, he could had another few titles, mainly U.S. and IC Title reigns, and matches with C.M. Punk and Daniel Bryan, would be two definite possibilities.

Also, I heard that Vince offered Benoit a five-year contract, where he can retire anytime within that five years, if he chooses, and works out the rest of the contract as a trainer or agent backstage. Apparently, Benoit had agreed to this before he died.

Another possibility is that he could have left WWE for TNA. He may have wanted a new challenge, it would allow him to spend more time at home, to help with his disabled son, and Jeff Jarrett was apparently very keen to get him when his contract expired with WWE (before Benoit re-signed to be a wrestler/trainer).

If it is (2) then I think that Benoit would not be in wrestling ever again. If he killed Nancy and Daniel, and then didn't kill himself, I believe he would have been tried, and be in a mental hospital, as his defence would use his "brain concussion" problems to plead insanity for the murders, to escape a death penalty. If this happened, Vince and WWE would disassociate themselves from him, and do what they are doing now, by not mentioning him again.

Since my previous post disappeared with no explanation or even a private message, I'll post what I can remember of it again: He would be on death row. He murdered his wife and child.

The wrestler he killed after his wife and child had been one of my favorites of all time, but I will NOT glorify or make excuses for his killer.

As much as I love to cast Vince McMahon as the "bad guy", I CAN'T blame him for his blacklisting of the Benoit legacy. The old wrestling argument of "Bret scre*ed Bret/Vince scr*wed Bret" can be debated, but it is plain as day that Chris sc*ewed Chris...and Nancy, and Daniel, and Vince, and the WWE, and the memory of WCW, and the wrestling fans, AND the Benoit wrestling legacy. Did he have problems? Sure, everyone does. Was he in his right mind? No, how could anyone who did that be in their right mind. At the end of the day, things like how awesome he was at his job, how well he treated his family before, who he was friends with, what his public image was, etc, just do NOT make up for what he did.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would'nt have been surprised, if he lived, if he escaped the death penalty for reasons of insanity, based on what has been discovered about his brain. His defence counsel would use that to get him into a psychiatric hospital, rather than on death row.

To all the people saying he died on day's other than the 24th. I'm going by Wikipedia. It says:
June 24, 2007 (aged 40)
So yeah, Throwing that out there.

Assuming his health problems were not there, I think he would have went on to win at least another World or WWE title. I think he would have held the ECW for a while, and helping a lot of the stars on that show, and if he wasn't already retired by now I could see him being used like a Jericho to help gives guys the last push they need.

departing from the topic a bit:

After Benoit murder-suicide ordeal, the WWE changed their policy pertaining to chairshots..so probably if Chris Benoit didn't commit the crime, superstars/wrestlers would still be taking too many chairshots at the vulnerable part of the head

To all the people saying he died on day's other than the 24th. I'm going by Wikipedia. It says:
June 24, 2007 (aged 40)
So yeah, Throwing that out there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you know that a guy in Chicago wrote "-2007" for Nancy Benoit's death date, on her Wikipedia page, earlier in the day that the bodies had been discovered at the Benoit home. Meaning the guy edited Nancy's page to include her death date HOURS before the murders hit the news.

Throwing that out there too!

The whole Chris Benoit subject is something that probably gets brought up entirely too often, but I usually end up biting anyway, so here goes.

I think by now he would've retired and become an agent. All things point[ed] to him winning the ECW title [I think?] the day of his death. From there he probably would've feuded with C.M. Punk for the ECW title and continued feuding for the U.S. or I.C. titles until he got to the point where he was on his way out and started putting over younger guys. Eventually he would have had one last run possibly with the World Heavyweight Championship. By the way, I'd like to know why his original run as World champion failed? Some of the best matches in years happened while he was champion. Chris Benoit was one of my top 5 favorite wrestlers at the time of his death and yes, it was sad. It was sad how he had all those problems and couldn't confront them and it was especially sad that a little boy and his mother were murdered.

Had he not gone off the deep end and done the whole murder suicide route, by now he would be an agent / trainer doing the occasional match similar to what Finlay and Sargent Slaughter did. The ECW belt was a lock for him and I could have seen a possible short run with one of the main straps as well prior to him retireing from the ring to go behind the scenes. It was a shame that his path went down the road it did because he was one of my favorites and he helped repave the road for the likes of Daniels and Punk to carry the strap.

The Benoit topic is not one easily defined or approached;

On one hand, Benoit was a very hard worker who busted his ass to earn his reputation. He did alot for bringing back more technical type of wrestling to mainstream US audiences and I personally as a fan, always enjoyed the man. He didn't have alot of charisma about him, but, his intensity in the ring was undeniable.

On the other hand, Benoit did murder himself & his family. This horrible act will no doubt cancel out all the years of hard work Benoit did to make himself a success in the pro wrestling business. He'll never be acknowledged on-air again and will most likely never be a hall-of-famer. What Benoit did will have long lasting effects on the wrestling/entertainment business and those who worked with him and us fans who watched him for years. With what we now know about Benoit's brain with the concussions and such, we truly cannot blame him entirely for his actions. He did what he did because he entertained us by putting his body on the line night after night.

That being said, with the way WWE constantly changes it'd be hard to pinpoint where Benoit would've been now. He could've been mid-carding again or he very well could've been WWE or World Champion again[with the shortage of stars]. I think we all agree that he'd have eventually become a backstage agent and contributed to WWE/wrestling that way. It's sad, really. The Benoit ordeal will never be fully explained and it'll leave a dark stain on the sport, which is a sad way to be remembered.......

In the end, we really don't know where Benoit would be if he didn't commit the double murder-suicide. However, if the rabid wolverine were still alive, he'd be a road agent or a veteran on the last straits of his career.

It's sad to see Benoit gone, especially when he died in a way where no one can remember him. However, there's nothing we can do. This is thread is speculation and theory only and sadly has to remain that way.

Of all the men to go crazy, who would have thought...?

His career would of went nowhere. The fact is if he wouldn’t have killed himself, he still killed his wife and son. So it means he would have been locked up in prison. Remember it’s not the fact that he died; it’s the fact that he took 2 other lives with him. Your thread says were would he be if he hadn’t of died nothing about him not killing 2 other people. If not in prison on the run.

Did you know that a guy in Chicago wrote "-2007" for Nancy Benoit's death date, on her Wikipedia page, earlier in the day that the bodies had been discovered at the Benoit home. Meaning the guy edited Nancy's page to include her death date HOURS before the murders hit the news.

I remember reading about that. If you research the whole Tradegy there are other baffling events that occured, like the Text messages to Co-Workers sent from Benoits phone, when he was supposedly already dead. We will never know if any of the Conspiracy's are true, as Authorities have decided that Benoit is guilty as his brain was badly damaged from Concussions he suffered in his Wrestling Carreer.

If this Tradegy hadn't happened and Benoit was alive he most probably would of had to retire within a year of the Incident due to the damage suffered to his brain.

This is one of those topics that comes up maybe more than it should. I loved Beniot and I, unlike most people including the WWE, will always remember him for his ability as a wrestler and what he did for the business. I'll never forget the fact that he killed his wife, child, and himself, but I'll also never forget what he did professionally. With that being said, he would've won the ECW champion, had a nice reign, then dropped it to CM Punk to put him over. He probably would've won the WWE and the WHC one or two more times then retired due to injuries. He would've become an agent to recruit and train talent. WWE would probably be in a better place talent wise.

I'm not saying he should be forgiven, just never forgotten.

i think he would have had a good run as ecw champion. after which he would have ended up back on either raw or smackdown. i dont think he would still be in wwe now may in tna but most likely wrestling in the indie scene

This is a moot topic, really; he's dead in our timeline, and we'll never know what happens in the timeline where he didn't kill his wife and kid.

Maybe he would be the best heel, maybe he would be the best face...

Where would Owen Hart be today if he didn't die? See my point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back