Where Does Rollins Go After Payback?

OYDK

King Of The Ring
Assuming that Seth Rollins walks out of Payback as the WWEWHC, it seems as if his feud with Randy Orton has run its course. Though not a terrible start to Seth's run as the top guy, I think the majority consensus is that the run has been rather lackluster so far. How it will be remembered a year from now, I don't know, but many don't seem to be completely sold at this point.

Which leads to the question of where Seth Rollins goes after Payback. Of course there are really only a few legitimate options at this point, but I want to hear what people think Rollins will be doing and what they WANT Seth to be doing following the PPV.

One option is Roman Reigns. It would make sense for Roman to continue chasing Seth following what happened at Mania, as he hasn't gotten a legitimate one on one PPV match with Rollins as of yet. However, I don't know if this is WWE's best option at this point. Two things would come out of this feud. Either Roman would ultimately end up failing to capture the WWEWHC again OR he wins it and WWE goes ahead with his rushed push anyway, which would make what happened at Mania almost obsolete.

Another option is Dean Ambrose. Ambrose and Rollins never really put an end to their great feud, following Wyatt's interference at HIAC and if WWE is serious about continuing his main event push, a feud with the WWEWHC would do the trick. Although it doesn't seem as if Ambrose would walk out as champion in this program, it would definitely cement Dean as a main event guy.

And than there's Kane. Seems as if they might go this route as a throwaway before Lesnar returns and the programs really begin. Honestly, it all rests on Lesnar and who WWE wants to put him up against at Summerslam. Right now it seems like Seth is the top choice.

So does Seth face one of the above options following the PPV? More than one? Or somebody completely different like say, a Dolph Ziggler?

Assuming that Seth Rollins walks out of Payback as the WWEWHC, it seems as if his feud with Randy Orton has run its course. Though not a terrible start to Seth's run as the top guy, I think the majority consensus is that the run has been rather lackluster so far. How it will be remembered a year from now, I don't know, but many don't seem to be completely sold at this point.

Which leads to the question of where Seth Rollins goes after Payback. Of course there are really only a few legitimate options at this point, but I want to hear what people think Rollins will be doing and what they WANT Seth to be doing following the PPV.

One option is Roman Reigns. It would make sense for Roman to continue chasing Seth following what happened at Mania, as he hasn't gotten a legitimate one on one PPV match with Rollins as of yet. However, I don't know if this is WWE's best option at this point. Two things would come out of this feud. Either Roman would ultimately end up failing to capture the WWEWHC again OR he wins it and WWE goes ahead with his rushed push anyway, which would make what happened at Mania almost obsolete.

Another option is Dean Ambrose. Ambrose and Rollins never really put an end to their great feud, following Wyatt's interference at HIAC and if WWE is serious about continuing his main event push, a feud with the WWEWHC would do the trick. Although it doesn't seem as if Ambrose would walk out as champion in this program, it would definitely cement Dean as a main event guy.

And than there's Kane. Seems as if they might go this route as a throwaway before Lesnar returns and the programs really begin. Honestly, it all rests on Lesnar and who WWE wants to put him up against at Summerslam. Right now it seems like Seth is the top choice.

So does Seth face one of the above options following the PPV? More than one? Or somebody completely different like say, a Dolph Ziggler?

This was my first thought as well, where does Seth Rollins go? Where does all these four competitors would go after Payback? Seth and Randy had been feuding over 3 PPVs after Payback so it'll get a bit of disdain if they lock horns again!

Nevertheless I've this feeling that, at the closing moments of the MainEvent at Payback, Dean Ambrose and Randy Orton would involve in some kinda brawl that'll let Seth Rollins to pin Randy Orton. So ultimately Randy would start to feud with Dean Ambrose screwing him up and Seth Rollins would go against Roman Reigns.

If the WWE creative had thought to feed Kane to Seth Rollins as the next feud for God's sake don't do it! If it's gonna be that angle they better do it on Raw after the Elimination Chamber PPV!

Yes, so either it should be Roman Reigns or Dolph Ziggler. But I highly doubt if Dolph is gonna be a MainEvent star again.

Cheers!!

I don't see Ziggler as anywhere near the title. He is in feud with Sheamus right now anyway. Ambrose would on make sense if he ultimately wins the title at the next PPV, but I think they'll give him the MITB instead.

The Orton feud has run it's course, and what's on tap for Orton now, it's anyone's guess. Reigns would be a logical choice, appears he's going to be feuding with Kane for the time being, until Kane completes his face turn. Which should happen one of these years.

So in answer to your question is, I don't know. I was really hoping that what's happening wouldn't happen, and that Rollins wouldn't be just holding the title until Lesnar returns. Do not want to see anther year of the title being defended once every 4 months. So I'm wondering if Lesnar will even get the title back.

I would love to see a feud with Lesnar and Wyatt. The promo's between Heyman and Wyatt would be out of this world. Can you imagine Wyatt going on about how he's going to convert Lesnar, and Lesnar's like "Right go for it", comes down to the ring and beats the crap out of him. Now that would be entertaining.

I see Rollins in more boring rubbish with Kane, winning because of the pathetic J + J security and generally the same as its been for the past year, until Lesnar returns at Summerslam. Bo-lieve that.

I see Rollins in more boring rubbish with Kane, winning because of the pathetic J + J security and generally the same as its been for the past year, until Lesnar returns at Summerslam. Bo-lieve that.

Yes that'll be utterly dreadful to watch the feud between Seth Rollins and Kane (Doesn't matter if its a corporate or Demon). If they're gonna make a story out of it they should finish it within two weeks of Raw. It shouldn't be brought to a PPV. They had already built up enough tension between Seth and Kane!

I would love to see a feud with Lesnar and Wyatt. The promo's between Heyman and Wyatt would be out of this world. Can you imagine Wyatt going on about how he's going to convert Lesnar, and Lesnar's like "Right go for it", comes down to the ring and beats the crap out of him. Now that would be entertaining.

Well sorry, but I don't think Bray Wyatt vs Brock Lesnar would be that exciting.. WWE has built up Brock Lesnar as an unbeatable beast and I suppose to think that Vince would've put a lot money on him not to see him lose to Bray. Brock defeated the streak so why would he feud with Bray who gave gave Undertaker a redemption after his streak was broken?

Meanwhile if Brock feuds with Seth Rollins for the title that will be the money. Before Wrestlemania the promos between Paul Heyman and Seth Rollins were better than the best each time. This feud wouldn't be a heel vs heel because the crowd loves Brock Lesnar.

Cheers!!

Long term, Rollins holds the belt until Wrestlemania 32. He'll fight Brock in his rematch clause at Summerslam, he's squirm a dirty win out, Brock will be denied further rematches, enter the Rumble, and win it, and fight Rollins, maybe in a cage/HiaC at Wrestlemania.

Short term, I think Rollins moves into Reigns for a few months over the summer and fights Brock at Summerslam.

Cena, my answer is Cena. I think Cena and Orton just switch feuds. Whether Cena has the US Title or not past Payback is irrelevant. He has been away from the HWT title scene for a while and is the most likely bridge until SS.

But that is just a guess.

Though not a terrible start to Seth's run as the top guy, I think the majority consensus is that the run has been rather lackluster so far. How it will be remembered a year from now, I don't know, but many don't seem to be completely sold at this point.

It's all in the creative writing, isn't it? Seth Rollins is a terrific worker both in & out of the ring, which is noteworthy when you consider the early days of the Shield, when it seemed Seth might be dwarfed by his two teammates. Now, he's ahead of both of them.

The thing is, he's being booked essentially as a talented coward, a guy who needs a security force and two veteran musclemen to interfere on his behalf. With that help, plus the endorsement of Mrs. & Mrs. Levesque, the guy has become world champion......yet, the way it's all been presented, he wouldn't have gained the title without all the help. So, in execution, his title reign has been terrific, yet he looks like a weak champion.

This seems to be changing lately. He defended his title in a match in which J & J Security was banned from ringside. Then, he finished a match by laying out both Randy Orton and Roman Reigns; not without help from his buddies, but the finale showed Seth standing while Roman & Randy were left lying. Usually, Seth is standing outside the ring, running from whomever has chased him, but not this last time.

But the OP is right; the company wanted Roman to develop fully before going after the world title again....while Randy's quest might have run it's course for the time being. Seth has done enough with them, for now.

If Rollins is truly becoming a bit more independent, the fan's view of his reign might improve. If this happens, I can see him defending against bad guys.....while remaining bad himself. Maybe Sheamus or Bray Wyatt. Maybe Bad News Barrett, if they plan to elevate them.

Fact is, there aren't many good guys for Seth to face. Do you really see Dolph Ziggler getting title shots? I don't. Of course, they can always use John Cena; he surely isn't going to remain on the midcard forever.

Dean Ambrose? It might depend on how he fares this Sunday in the Fatal 4-way. If WWE's plan is to raise Dean to main event level, that might very well be Rollins' next series of title defenses.

Long term, Rollins holds the belt until Wrestlemania 32. He'll fight Brock in his rematch clause at Summerslam, he's squirm a dirty win out, Brock will be denied further rematches, enter the Rumble, and win it, and fight Rollins, maybe in a cage/HiaC at Wrestlemania.

Short term, I think Rollins moves into Reigns for a few months over the summer and fights Brock at Summerslam.

Brock can win back the title from Seth Rollins at some point but that shouldn't be a squash match or something because Seth Rollins is the top heel of the company right now. Brock would squash and then disappear so who'll be the heel? Nobody? Seth and Brock feud should be lomv enough and either one of them should turn completely face.

Cheers!!

He loses it, for all the talk the that Reigns wasn't ready for the title, people forgot that in terms of booking Rollins wasn't ready for the title, I think the best option is to have him drop the title at MITB to Reigns when Kane turns on him in a ladder match, have him feud with Kane till Summerslam, have a triple threat between Reigns, Lesnar and Rollins and Summerslam which Rollins wins and then book him as a strong champ who doesnt need help and build to either Lesnar v Rollins, Reigns v Rollins, Lesnar v Reigns or Reigns v Rollins v Ambrose at Mania

Just wondering where Kane fits into all this. Will WWE give him one last hurrah with the title. Even if it is brief. I'm sure he deserves one last go. Little mini feud with Seth perhaps? Just a thought.

Who really cares at this point? All we are waiting on is Lesnar to return so WWE can resume and stop these stupid filler matches. Rollins is the most uninteresting WWE champion since probably JBL. I knew for a fact it would be nothing but Rollins winning for months on end by cheating or escaping against the same opponents with nothing ever in doubt until Lesnar invokes his rematch. I let out a huge sigh when he won the title at Mania because Orton and Reigns are not interesting opponents and thats the direction they took with Rollins' title reign. It's not that they suck, but we have seen these three fight with each other numerous times. Why should we care? Because the champion is a coward and a lapdog and it will be interesting to tune in to see if he gets whats coming to him even though like nobody but him will be facing Lesnar in a few months? Whatever.

Why not a triple threat re-match of the Rumble with Lesnar, Cena and Rollins for SummerSlam? Of course, I doubt even WWE would let Cena keep two singles titles, so in order to make us think he might win again, he'll have to drop the US belt. Here's what I would do. Give Reigns one last chance to win the title at MITB, where he loses but by DQ or interference. Enter Cena, who's just lost his title as well. He steps forward to challenge Rollins at Battleground, only to win but, again, by DQ or interference. Now, we're at SummerSlam. Lesnar's back, Cena has his re-match because he technically beat Rollins, and now we have a triple threat match.

I see Seth winning at Payback, with help from Kane. Kane will do something to anger Roman and that is how that feud continues. Randy and Seth is about over, maybe a feud with Dean for now. I heard a rumor Randy vs. Brock at Summerslam, I do not know if it is for the title. I do not want to see Brock win the title, we do not need a part time champion even though Brock is awesome. I would go with Seth and Dean for a few months than maybe Brock getting his rematch and maybe Roman in the mix at the end of the summer. Here is a thought Rusev or Ryback winning MITB.

Big Show's due back so I could see him getting involved in the main event and distracting Orton which takes care of a feud for these two for a couple of months.

I think a feud between Rollins & Reigns is on the cards leading up to Brock's return, I'd like to see Ambrose involved somehow but if they can hold off on the inevitable Shield Triple Threat match until WM it would be great, but I can see them pushing that button sooner rather than later because having Ambrose involved in the main event for one PPV wouldn't really make sense.

Big Show's due back so I could see him getting involved in the main event and distracting Orton which takes care of a feud for these two for a couple of months.

I think a feud between Rollins & Reigns is on the cards leading up to Brock's return, I'd like to see Ambrose involved somehow but if they can hold off on the inevitable Shield Triple Threat match until WM it would be great, but I can see them pushing that button sooner rather than later because having Ambrose involved in the main event for one PPV wouldn't really make sense.

Sorry, but a Shield triple threat MIGHT be strong enough to main event Night of Champions or Battleground, but it definitely isn't a WrestleMania main event.

However, I COULD see a Shield triple threat angle going through the summer instead of Rollins and Reigns alone. I don't think that I might Ambrose in that angle, but he HAS to get new ring attire. He looks like an ECW bum trying to main event a PPV. Like Justin Credible or some other stain on the industry.

You can't go with Reigns v. Rollins yet, because the point would be for Reigns to beat Rollins. The WWE is about justice where the good guy wins. Once we finally get the Reigns v. Rollins match, that's the end of Rollins reign.

Now I've toyed with two options here. Having Roman win MITB and cash it in on Seth during the Rollins v. Lesnar match at Summerslam, thus getting Payback in the same way the Rollins did it. Or you do a Triple Threat at Summerslam Reigns v. Rollins v. Lesnar Have Reigns win.

I think Seth moves on to Kane while Reigns moves on to Ambrose. Either way I fully expect Seth's reign to end at Summerslam.

Sorry, but a Shield triple threat MIGHT be strong enough to main event Night of Champions or Battleground, but it definitely isn't a WrestleMania main event.

I can understand your point seeing as WrestleMania always has a part-time/show case headliner but instead of having Lesnar, Rock or Cena involved, this would be the perfect way for WWE to say, you know what, you guys are the future of this company and it's time for them to take over.

I can understand your point seeing as WrestleMania always has a part-time/show case headliner but instead of having Lesnar, Rock or Cena involved, this would be the perfect way for WWE to say, you know what, you guys are the future of this company and it's time for them to take over.

It's not even just that, but Reigns is the only one that I believe is TRULY an all around WrestleMania main eventer. Rollins, while technically explosive in the ring, just doesn't hold that same star quality. And Ambrose is an upper midcarder that can swim back and forth into main events on some of the "B" shows.

Right now, Rollins is running as the top heel, but I just think he's drowning, albeit very slowly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back