• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where are they going with Undertaker-Kane??

The Idiot

Getting Noticed By Management
It's no secret that Taker's career is in it's final stages...and if he chooses to end it at Mania, Kane would be the ideal opponent. I like what they are doing right now...but did they start the feud too early? Will the creative team be able to keep enough interest and drag this all the way to March of next year??

I remember in the old days (Hogan-Savage for example) they would build up the feud for an entire year before they had their match (WM 5). That was back when they didn't have as much TV time as they do now.

What do you guys think? What would you do with this feud? IMO...the Undertaker character needs to go out with a loss and be laid to rest. His rivalry with Kane has so much history...I can't see it being anyone else but him.

Better question is.. Why are we talking in another thread about this? Not meaning to be a dick or anything, but I think there was one of these already.. So wont be surprised if it gets closed.

But anyway, after Kane's Promo on RAW, I became interested in it again. They're really going places with Kane that they haven't gone before. He's always had an evil side, and been a bit of a nut. But never a super genius who could out mind-fuck the Undertaker. I'm liking this now, and hope this Vince being high on Kane run goes further.

This feud between Taker and Kane will not make it all the way till Wrestlemania. The timing of them starting the whole fued tells me that this fued will be done before the end of the year. It has been a long time since the WWE had had a meaningful fued that lasts longer than a 3-4 month period. So being it's september this should be wraped up before the push for the Royal Rumble starts after TLC. It will be a great feud between these two men and I'm not going to speculate on what they have planned I'm just going to sit back and really enjoy what these two will do next.

I see the taker going into Wrestlemania as the World Heavyweight Champion taking on the WWE Champion.... John Cena in the speculated title unification match, where either Cena will defeat Taker @ WM and become the next WWE Undisputed Champion (which I hope doesn't happen) or Taker will have the crowning moment of his carrer in becoming 20 - 0 @ WM and becomeing the next Undisputed Champion, then in a month or two time drop the belt to a worthy superstar and will finally retire as one of the best to ever step foot in the squared circle.

Or does this feud conclude at Surviror Series... The ppv where Undertaker debuted would be a fitting ppv for his career to end. Have Kane retire the Undertaker at what I believe will be his 20 year anniversary, Survivor Series 2010. I think it would be monumental to build the ppv around Taker's anniersary and have Kane end his career exactly 20 years after it started.

idk... i would have kane win at noc, and at hitc, have taker win at survivor series in a non title , face in a table match at tlc for title, kane wins, have taker win RR, face at wm 27 with kane winning the feud ending takers carrer. or have kane win at noc, taker win at hitc, face at survivor series, taker winning, kane winning at rr, with undertaker defending with a different person at tlc,

Undertaker v. Kane will not last all the way until WrestleMania 27 nor should it. While I do like the direction the feud between the two has taken thus far, I don't want to see them at WrestleMania for a 3rd time. For the most part, over the past 5 or 6 years, The Streak has only gathered steam and has become sort of intertwined with WrestleMania. The Streak has only become all the more prominent over the past few years as the bar with the matches with HBK was set extremely high. As entertaining and as good as Kane has been over the past few months, Undertaker/Kane III at WM 27 would be a poor follow up to Taker and HBK. I think the only real supermatch left for The Undertaker at this point would be against John Cena. Personally, I'd love to see an Iron Man match between them at Mania, but I've gotten off point a little.

I'd say the current feud between The Undertaker and Kane will probably end around Survivor Series, depending upon how well the feud continues to roll along. Things seem to be going well right now but if interest begins to dry up, it might wind up ending as soon as Bragging Rights or even Hell in a Cell.

i think this fued will last till Wrestlemania, but it'll have a break in the middle with either Kane or Undertaker taking a little time off before making a comeback for Wrestlemania. I'd really like it to be Kane that makes the comeback this time with the mask and the dominance but i imagine it'll the undertaker with his broken down body and all

the vibe i get is this:

Kane is calling Taker soft, Taker is saying he's not, but he will most likely realize he is. i don't see Taker retiring after this feud (could be wrong of course), but maybe he ditches the current gimmick and turns into some Ministry type gimmick where he matches Kane's evilness.

that's what i at least am getting out of it.

I dont think that the Undertaker vs kane will last till wrestlemania 27 because the fans will get bored the wwe will notice and end it. The only way to go now is to have Cena vs Taker because one it's fresh, never happend before and two the fans will want to see it. It could happn the same way HBK wanted to face taker someone says they want to face him then Cena comes out interrupts they have a match where winner versus taker and Cena wins. then they go to wrestlemania and Cena wins the career threatning match against taker the end.

I think this storyline will end with Taker winning the title off of Kane. Kane goes nuts for a few weeks on SD and Undertaker refuses a rematch. If they weren't planning on unifying the titles, I would like to see Kane win the royal rumble (which he's never done) and then challenge Taker for the title. They're both coming to a close and they can put on one last hoorah, maybe Hell in a Cell. But with them unifying the titles, this, or any Kane vs Undertaker for the title looks like it isn't happening, unless they unify the titles at the Royal Rumble, but I'm sure they're going to do it at Wrestlemania

I dont think that the Undertaker vs kane will last till wrestlemania 27 because the fans will get bored the wwe will notice and end it. The only way to go now is to have Cena vs Taker because one it's fresh, never happend before and two the fans will want to see it. It could happn the same way HBK wanted to face taker someone says they want to face him then Cena comes out interrupts they have a match where winner versus taker and Cena wins. then they go to wrestlemania and Cena wins the career threatning match against taker the end.

That wouldn't be a terrible Unification match, Cena vs Taker. With Taker winning, the belt starts with fresh prestige, plus this can start that heel turn everyone wants out of Cena, and you have the streak

That's a pretty legitimate question. Where exactly are they going with Undertaker-Kane? From a business perspective it almost looks like they're trying to create a new Deadman. Poor Undertaker looks awful out there. This past Monday you can see how much he was hurting. He can barely walk and still gives his all out there in the ring. I love the guy and have nothing but respect for him but he should hang up the boots before it's too late.

WWE have already started giving Kane the powers of The Deadman and seem to be attempting to make him the next Phenom when Taker can't go anymore. The Deadman has made many careers by feuding with up and comers. A win over Taker has led to many to main event status time and time again. WWE needs a person of that caliber and Kane is the only other supernatural gimmick left in the company.

Now this might not be the best idea since Kane only has maybe 2 or 3 more years left in him than Taker does. While that's plenty of time in the wrestling world, it isn't enough time to warrant a proverbial passing on of the torch. Also, I abhor the thought of having to see Kane vs. Taker a third time at WrestleMania. Somebody else deserves the spotlight.

This rivalry began when Kane debuted at Hell In A Cell in Oct 1997 and attacked Taker so i think its only fitting to end it at Hell In A Cell next October. It would be a nice bookend to the whole saga.

I would have Kane take a major bump during the match then afterwards Taker locks him in the casket and sets it on fire. Essentially killing off the Kane character. Then at some point Kane returns months later with a new mask to conceal the burns he suffered at hell in a cell. Make it Kane version 3.0. His current look is stale imo. He could take some time off and get in better shape and come back with a new and improved look. I'd like to see a Jason type look from Friday the 13th with the mask and bald head and burn marks all over his skull.

Who knows?
But it's WWE's best storyline by far, the execution by those two has been top notch and they deserve all the air time they get.

Where are they going with this useless storyline again with Kandy Kane and Underfaker yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn they fought so many times it should note that if this does happen for the 10th time of teh feud well it should be aretirement match where undertaker retires for good !! Unlike MayorMcCheese the wwe has the worst storyline so far not the best wake up bunch of old farts who don t deserve all the airtime give it to Sheamus and McIntyre and Swagger!!!

i hope this program ends with kane winning, (can we just do something different for a change?), but i don't see it ending that way. More then likley it ends at hell in a cell with undertaker winning.

Hi, I know this is slightly off topic, but people need to stop saying John Cena vs Undertaker has never happened. I'm aware Cena wasn't huge when the match happened... but please don't be like Jerry Lawler and claim we have never seen things before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsD0_AQi3VQ

The match has happened. stop saying it didn't.

I think it will end at either HiaC ppv, or survivor series!!

The way I think it's going to go is...

NOC - Kane retians..
HiaC - Taker wins... the thing is, Hell in a Cell matches are supposed to end feuds...so it may end there..

At Hell In A Cell they need Undertaker to beat Kane and do something to him like locking him in a casket and setting it on fire. Or something else big. Something to put Kane out for a few months. This would be Undertakers payback for Kane putting him out. Have Undertaker go on about how Kane tried to end his career but failed so instead he ended Kanes.

Then at a PPV 2-4 months later have Undertaker still holding the title he won off Kane at Hell in a Cell. Once Undertaker is about to win, the lights go out. Then the fire comes up and u see Kane in the middle of the ring with his mask back on, but keep him with no hair. Kane causes Undertaker to lose the title there.

Now this will give the feud a little 2-4 month break before its started up again so it doesn't get to boring, this will also bring back Kanes mask because of the burns from the casket being set on fire.

OR he comes back at a PPV 2-4 months later doing the same thing with the mask on, but instead of costing undertaker his title he helps him win it. They go on to say they are both the best and most evil people in WWE and if they couldn't take eachother out, no one can. Have the Brothers of Destruction come back, win the tag titles and help bring back the Tag Teams! (Ya, I know that wont happen but it would be cool)

MMK and AUXIZ i like both your views on this feud, Kane being set on fire in some way shape would be a great move to allow him to bow out for a few months (after HIAC), return with the mask, keeping the storyline fresh and possibly head into Mania with one perhaps one/both of their careers on the line!

No need to worry about the quality of match it may be/or not, ther is no way Taker can consistantly top the last two Mania's for the rest of his career, all the more making the two HBK encounters better with age.

I personally like this feud, the way it started and the many ways it could end, the mind games. I also think having limited contact during a main event build-up really sets the actual ppv match up better aswell so keep the disappearing/re-appearing lights out moments going imo.and year long feuds like back in the 80s/90s are also much more realistic

Even though it will indeed be 20 calendar years since the deadman made his first ppv apperance at sseries, its more fitting to have careers end at Mania and i would be happy for Kane to end the streak at mania 27

in a related topic, Cena v Taker would be a huge match on its own, no need for it to be for any title imo (dark match on RAW cena v Taker! usually the route wwe takes before bringing the match to the cameras, we shall see)

I like the thought but it wouldn't and shouldn't be a carrer threatning match only because these two have never met in the ring before at Wrestlemania. So it would be a new name that Taker could add to his list of people he has faced, but if they should meet again at a future Wrestlemania then it could be a career threatning match because Taker will have faced him before. I like the idea though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back