• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When was the loudest that you ever hear John Cena get boo'ed?

CM Steel

A REAL American
John Cena: The face of World Wrestling Entertainment. Some people love him (mainly kids), some people hate him (mainly people over 35). It's a 50/50 split among the WWE universe with John Cena. But as long as Cena's been the man in the WWE. When was the loudest that you ever hear John Cena get boo'ed? If I can recall, the loudest I ever heard Cena get boo'ed was a year and a half ago on RAW during a segment with Kane shorty after Kane returned with his mask. The whole "Rise above hate" thing was a great storyline. Because there are ALOT OF PEOPLE who really don't like John Cena.

Kane had the WWE universe in his hands that night on RAW. It was like Kane was the babyface and John Cena was the heel when really it was the other way around. The look on Cena's face during the ring of boo's was priceless! That is the only time that I can remember John Cena getting an ear full of boo's in one night. WWE fans don't even like John Cena in England! But in your own opinion. When was the loudest that you ever hear John Cena get boo'ed?

Simple ... ECW One Night Stand. I don't know if I have heard more Booooo's then that night. The fans were ready to beat cena if he won the match... and while I don't think most fans would... It was one of those venues where I actually could see fans doing something crazy either during a win or after the show. Very hostile crowd and one of my personal favorites, I wish I had thrown his shirt back at him lol.

Money in the Bank 2011 was a pretty deafening boo-fest for Mr. Cena. The DVD does it no justice. I was there live and it was ridiculous. He got booed almost as loud as Punk was cheered

Of course I am judging this based on the TV audience but it looks like WM22 and Money in the Bank 2011 is where Cena got the most boo's. Of course it's no coincidence that both events took place in the same city and the same venue. Though it's hard to judge since it's easier for Indoor Arenas to amplify crowd reactions than outdoor stadiums.

One Night Stand.

About as hostile a crowd as you will ever see.
I don't care how tough you are, that atmosphere would intimidate anyone. I remember the sign 'If Cena Wins We Riot!' And the way they were frothing at the mouth when Cena arrived, they really would have!

For me personally it was at TLC 2012 in Brooklyn. The crowd was very PRO-ZIGGLER and there would have been a legit riot had Ziggler lost his MITB briefcase to John Cena. It was funny, too because both performers acknowledged the Let's GO ZIGGLER!!! Cena SUCKS!! chants at the start of that match. Dolph looked out and pointed to the crowd, while Cena put up both arms and was like oh well.

J some people hate him (mainly people over 35).

I'm 34 and think he's the best. Sure hope that in a year, I won't suddenly find myself hating him because I got old.:blush:

The thing is, I believe the volume at which he's booed has next to nothing to do with the situation he's in..... I think it concerns how vigorously the crowd picks up whatever chant is going around the building. Most of the people in the arena aren't wrestling fans; they're people out for an evening's entertainment.

Audience participation is fun. Years ago, everyone chanted along with Road Dogg as he introduced the New Age Outlaws. Today, they have fun shouting "Yes!" at Daniel Bryan. I doubt the majority of them "hate" John Cena; they're simply following the crowd.

Either when he faced Edge in a TLC match in Toronto. Or, when he faced CM Punk at Money in the Bank in Chicago.

I agree with a couple of previous posts. One Night Stand 2006 was probably the worst reaction a crowd has ever given Cena. I, for one, found the "F*** YOU CENA" chants very entertaining, not to mention it taking him like 10 minutes to throw his shirt out to the crowd.

For me it has to be a tie between One Night Stand VS RVD
& MiTB VS CM Punk. Both cities are great wrestling cities & great wrestling fans. CeNa faced the top babyface each city has ever had. Im not sure if both cities did this but i know the Philly crowd defiantlydid,they kept throwing his shirt right back @him & CeNa was more liked in 2006 then in 2011. Man those crowd's were white hot from bell to bell & i know it bothered him in both situations.
Its been bad for him in 100 different cities but them 2 nights were off the charts!!

The night after WM28 but the biggest pop he had was after manning up and AA'ing Rock

Agree with Mustang Sally some people are in the audiences just for entertainment and thats fine with me. What isnt fine by me though is,people following the noise like sheep. If you genuinely don't like Cena then boo him. I am 37 and I do like Cena. I have never not liked him. But in answer to the question,this is a toss up between ECW One Night Stand and MITB 2011.

Both crowds IMO genuinely hated Cena that night they really did. But ECW stood out because had Cena won,i believe the crowd would have rioted that night i truly do,not to say the chicago crowd would not have. I could just feel the heat from the ECW and Chicago Crowd coming through my screen. So its ECW by a mere edge and then Chicago for me

Between ECW One Night Stand and MITB 2011. ONS has the advantage because unlike MITB, there were no cheers for Cena. Cena hasn't been passionately hated by an entire crowd since then.

In my personal opinion, Sir John Cena has never......EEEEEVVVVVVVEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR.......been boo'd as bad as he was during One Night Stand. If you never saw the match, it was between RVD and Cena. The crowd was entirely for RVD. It didn't matter what cena did that night, he was getting boo'd. And when i say boo'd, i dont just mean "boooo".... no no no no no..... the crowd was chanting things like "CENA SWALLOWS"..... "F*CK YOU CENA". It was really crazy that night. One spot saw cena jump from the top rope to the outside doing a dbl axe handle and the crowd proceeded to chant, "YOU STILL SUCK". Cena got no love that night. And in my opinion, that was the worst the man has ever been boo'd. And of course "THANK YOU EDGE..THANK YOU EDGE". Youtube it..you'll know what i mean.

Granted, ONS against RVD is the obvious answer but a close second comes to WM28. I was there live and GOOD GOD no one there over the age of 12 was cheering for Cena at all. I was in the nosebleeds seeing little kids with their fist in the air screaming "CENA SUCKS!" If he had won, it would have been one hell of a pissed off crowd.

ONS 2006 makes every other anti-Cena crowd look nice.Boy,it was legit heat there.Had he won that night,there was a good possibillity of Cena getting stabbed by the crowd.Cena earned my respect that night.

One Night Stand in '06 and MITB 2011 as others have suggested. ONS, he was facing RVD, who was an ECW guy who wan't used correctly for years in ECW or the WWE. This was him finally reaching the top which was much deserved. Plus, Cena was the complete opposite of what ECW was.

Money in the Bank was so perfect. Chicago, Punk, the WWE title. Cena usually gets a mixed reaction but at these two events it was a clear majority if not 100% against him.

I think One Night Stand '06 takes the cake. The hostility there was simply unmatched. If Cena had won, the guy probably would have got stabbed! It was that hostile there. Very intimidating and I only saw it on TV! Can't imagine the situation if you'd have been there and frankly didn't care about or even liked Cena.

Anytime Cena is in Chicago or New Jersey. They are the two most rabidly anti-Cena crowds in the country, and the first time a REALLY huge anti-Cena crowd was noticeable was Jan. 2nd, 2006, at a RAW in NJ, where Kurt Angle was trying to cut a heel promo before his match with Cena, and the crowd cheered him wildly even when he said he's not a fan of "the blacks" and that if he could travel back in time and make one person tap out, it would be Jesus. That was a hysterical moment, to see him say those things and get a massive pop.

One of those things that is really hard to gauge I think, pound of pound the ECW One Night Stand show really should take the title hands down. However, that was in a 2500 seat building with 2500 like minded fans, the reaction had it being in a 10000 seat or even bigger with all the fanbase being like minded, reaction would have been the best heat a heel could ever wish for. I think MITB 2011 is certainly up there simply because of the Chicago crowds love of Punk.

I'm sitting on the fence with both, as a diehard ECW fan I would love to choose ONS 06 but the size of the building is a real issue.

One Night Stand 06 above everything else.

WrestleMania 28 was pretty damn loud also. But ONS 06 was one of the loudest booes i've ever heard!

I'm thinking One night stand 06 or Unforgiven of that same year against Edge in TLC. I feel like the MITB was mostly cheers for Punk as opposed to boos for Cena if that makes any sense.

2 times come to mind. ECW One Night Stand where RVD won the WWE title and of course Money in the Bank in Chicago where Punk won the WWE title. the fans in Philly were really hostile to Cena and even threw his shirt back and while they werent as hostile to him in Chicago, the fans were clear who they liked and Punk played into it and in both cases the boos were clearly heard and loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back