• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When should Cena return?

DxArmy

Occasional Pre-Show
Ok, now that we know that Cena has been fired in this storyline and he is/or might be taking time off, when do you think he will return if he is taking time off?
We know that triple hhh will return before the WM27 so RR im going to assume, and Jericho has been reported to return within the next month, I think that Cena will return in January or TLC, because WWE wont let two of the biggest guys in the company return at the same event in the same match. So when do you think he will return?

I think Cena Will return after WM27, For the reason that he is going to be unexpected. Think about this in Vince's Shoes.
If everyone is expecting him back before WM27, and he don't show, Everyone will think he actually left for good. Then, At Extreme Rules or something, Boom! John cena is introuduced and comes back to destroy the competition once more.

Honestly I think this is one call we can't make. WWE, with this story, has got into the realms of when they used to outwrite us and not the other way round. I think on this one, we should take a back seat and let them decide when it's best for cena to return on this one. They have pulled this story off so well that I'd rather lay back, be a mark and enjoy it.

I can easily see Barrett vs Cena at Wrestlemania 27. I don't see any reason for WWE's biggest star to miss Wrestlemania especially considering the little Cena fans and the lack of WM27 being sold out.

Royal Rumble would be a horrible return because it would be extremely predictable. I think the best time would the Elimination Chamber because that could easily get Cena in the WM scene and create a fast but good solid feud.

But with that said, who says that WWE will even wait for a month until they bring Cena back. He is their biggest star and money-maker so they might not wait to bring him back (especially with the low PPV sales & dropping ratings).

I'm thinking right around rumble time or maybe afterwards. I really think that Cena vs. Wade will be on at Wrestlemania, and it should. After all, the biggest storyline of this year has built up to it. To bring Cena back prior to that is kinda stupid and pointless if you ask me.

I bet money Cena will be on RAW this Monday night. He is not really going anywhere. He will keep fucking with Barrett until Barrett demands Cena be re-hired so that he can get his revenge on Cena.

To be honest they may have to keep the fued between cena and nexus alive and to do that I personally can't see cena being away too long. I am intrigued by the title picture just now as I kind of expected a short fued between Barrett and orton but something tells me it'll be miz/orton and possibly Barrett/otunga..? As for when cena will return, I wouldn't like to see him return at the rumble as it would make no sense from the fired perspective and he's done it before ( as has HHH btw so hopefully not him either). I think it may well be just before mania to take out nexus for good.

I agree for once the stories are getting better. I do like the Cena story line. I expected something along the lines of he was still in Nexus and not fired. Also i know there is another thread for it the whole Miz thing on raw as well. I did laugh at Cena just running in and catching Barrett and running off.

I think he should take a long hiatus and maybe find some new angles while off too. This gives time for mid carders to rise a peg before he comes back. Also leaves it open for HHH to come back and not worry about competing with Cena for main spot on Raw.

This story was real enough it almost crushed my 9 yr old nephew when he heard...

Like cena said, He wants to see family. Who know's maybe him and his wife are planning on a child of their own or maybe he wants to go film a movie. I say he will return around elimination chamber time. If they want to turn him heel they could have him return saying how grateful he is that Nexus got him his job back while the fans didn't care.

I can see Cena in the MITB at mania. . (for some odd reason...)

Seriously though. How amazing would it be if BOTH Cena and HHH came back at the rumble.. Think about it. Barrett's going to be there with probably ALL of Nexus I can see something like Barrett,Sheamus Otunga and maybe one of Harris or Magillicutty(sp) I can see Nexus eliminating Sheamus, he walks to the entrance ramp and gets smashed from behind by a returning Triple H, Barrett and Otunga have an argument HHH eliminates the 'other' nexus guy and suddenly Cena's music plays and we have Cena, HHH, Otunga and Barret and Nexus get cleared from the ring and probably Cena wins.

Now I'm fully aware that the above scenario is completely and almost definitely not going to happen, but it'll still be quite cool I reckon. Heck even throw Jericho in there to eliminate Del Rio and thus introduce Jericho as 'face' . Please!

My actual honest opinion is that Cena will be at TLC. whether wrestling or involved some other way, he'll be there.

I personally believe that after 10+ years the WWE is just giving him some time away from all this, but the near future will prove me wrong if he is constantly on WWE tv then it will be a quick return, but with all the wear and tear on his body maybe Vince and company just don't want him to burn out and haul ass for hollywood like Rocky did.

I agree he definitely needs a break, and he's deserved it, but look at his actions on Raw, he cost Barrett the title. Why would he do that and then suddenly disappear for ages. It doesn't make sense.

I agree he definitely needs a break, and he's deserved it, but look at his actions on Raw, he cost Barrett the title. Why would he do that and then suddenly disappear for ages. It doesn't make sense.

Because karma is a bitch lol jk

Give the WWE universe one more memory for a bit, so whenever Barrett gets another title shot he can cut promo after promo of how Cena isn't there to cost him this one, and just after Barrett hits wasteland and goes for the pin the music hits and Cena comes out to cost him again, maybe instead of Orton and Cena being the Hogan vs Savage of this generation it is instead Cena vs Barrett

Exactly. The topic asks when he will return, but what I want to know is, when the hell did he leave?? How can you return when you haven't missed a single show? That's like saying Brett Favre was coming out of retirement even though he never retired or missed a game.

Cena's not going anywhere. He's going to be in the crowd next week on Raw, he's going to keep bothering Barrett until Wade demands a match with him, at TLC, and if Cena wins he gets his job back - and Cena will win.

yeah i think cena is gonna keep screwing with barrett/nexus until he demands a match with him. i would like to see cena have his return match at wrestle mania but that is still 5 months away. unfortunatly i think wwe will bring him back soon. i think they should build up actual belief that he is fired. all the looks on the kids faces when cena got fired were priceless. build up belief and then have him return would be a better story to tell.

My personal hope is that Cena goes a bit "Attitude" and just comes out one night and says "That's it, I don't take my walkin papers from Cole's laptop!!" Come to the ring and do the old "Hijack the show till I get what I want" bit. Stand in the ring and DEMAND that the GM reveil himself. I've beeen waiting for him to do this for months. Everytime the stupid lights blink I wish he would just say "Forget you Cole" and smash the bloody laptop, kinda like Edge did, but follow up on it and end this stupid Anonymous GM crap. I think Cole's thie string puller anyway, so just get it overwith. As far as when he'll return, I'm thinkin sometime around next week.

I'm not sure about the event, but I'll bet it will be the old, he'll keep messing with Barrett and Nexus until Barrett demands his reinstatement. Maybe have him cost Barrett the Royal Rumble. An interesting idea would be for Cena to have a mole (Otunga?) in Nexus.

I think Cena Will return after WM27....

The company would be crazy to keep him away that long. Even if they're using this angle to give him time to shoot a movie or if he's taking some well deserved time off, it wouldn't take until April.

He's a huge moneymaker and there's no reason to stretch this out too long. I think he's back before Christmas.

In my opinion, sometime in December. Imagine how much John Cena DvDs are being sold right now because of John Cena being "fired". If they stretch his appearance till December, it won't be that long or too early in my opinion because it gets the fans to forget Cena for a little while until Barrett rubs it in their faces which would get a huge reaction from the crowd when he returns before TLC with new gear to sell most likely for Christmas. I do expect some interferences with Cena costing Barrett matches until there is a brawl between them with security trying to separate them thus making Barrett vs. John Cena at TLC. Cena wins, he gets his job back (most likely) and if Barrett wins, Cena leaves for good.

I want Cena to return ASAP not because I like him, but because him being gone probably means that he's making another piece of shit for WWE Films, the worst production company ever.

Cena isn't going anywhere.

When he left the arena, when everyone waved by to him, including Randy Orton and Wade Barrett, I though that would be it for a while. He returned later that night and cost Barrett the title, and he has tickets to RAW next week. He's not going anywhere, I don't know how the angle will go, but John Cena will be on each and every RAW for a few more months, just based on 24 hours of booking following his firing.

I completely agree with Oliver. Cena isn't going anywhere. This is just another way of changing up the ongoing story line between Barrett and Cena. I fully expect to see Cena at Raw every week ultimately leading to a match with some stipulation that will end up getting him his job back. I could see it being at the Royal Rumble.

I actually like the direction this seems to be going. First, it's pretty good how WWE is concealing the ultimate direction of the angle. Second, it's keeps Cena as the company's top draw in a relevant and interesting light without having to thrust him into the WWE title picture, leaving that open for others on the roster. Reminds me of Austin/McMahon battling while the Rock and Mankind would be fighting for the title. Keeps a couple of high profile angles in the spotlight. Kudos to WWE on this one.

Even though I think Cena will be back sooner rather than later this is what i want to see.

Barrett and Nexus should be in total control of RAW now Cena's gone. And i mean running the show, dictating everything, Barrett should not concentrate on the title, but 'this bigger picture' idea and start running with it. Then the night after TLC, where Nexus took total control, ruined the ME for example, the anonymous GM should revile himself (who ever it is) and bring back Cena, nice big build up and Cena finally wins at Wrestlemania. That is what I would like to see anyway :)

he will return soon for sure i like the wait though wwe has been screwing me over these past couple months and at survivor series they gave me one win on the hole card darn them, any way i think wwe should make it more believable by having him not where there merch which was the only thing off about last night.

@Oliver Montgomery Grey I LOOOOOOVE that picture! I nearly died laughing when I saw that kid.

I think he should return at the Royal Rumble. They did that once before and he got a good response. They've had a lot of one time appearances and random people (Draw Carey) enter the Rumble, why not bring him back than? Maybe eliminate a few Nexus members when he enters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back