What's your secret shame?

smizzy

Doubt it, bud.
You may one day or have already found yourself in this scenario.
[YOUTUBE]40yHcA2ffg8[/YOUTUBE]

I know for damn sure that I do, and I'm quite positive that every member on these forums has that one song or artist on their iPod that they especially try to keep secret in order to keep the respect of peers.

What artist, band, songs are on your iPod that could cost you your friends, respect, job, even the loyalty of your dog?

I for one..this is tough for me to come out and say this..
have a few Hanson ditties on my iPod.

I can't help that though, I was like 3 when they were blowing up with their teen pop and famous long hair. I blame nostalgia.

Anyway, I've embarassed myself, it's your turn. What is the worst, most embarassing content you own. Don't be scared, cause you won't be future endeavored for unveiling your weakness.. unless of course you have the Jonas Bros., John Cena or Shaq's rap albums, or Paris Hilton's LP, or something like that.

Although Cena's rap album isn't the best, there are a couple of good songs on there.

I am a fan of "Just Another Day", which shows the comparison between someone who is a success and rolling in cash, compared to someone at the other end of the spectrum. Cool song.

However, this is my favourite song from the album. It has a great beat, really catchy and I like the story told in the lyrics, especially the end verse from Cena.

Just lost it, and as he's walkin away
I realize life is short so I'm markin the day
Now it's full speed ahead, I'll rest when I'm dead
And I could give a Fuck what the next man said
I live how I wanna live
Buy what I wanna buy
Do what I wanna do
Try What I wanna try
Fear nothin, take chances
Not afraid to fail, always makin advances
So when I ride on the Grim Reaper Highway
No regrets bitch, I did it my way

So, yeah...here is the tune. I love it.

[YOUTUBE]ANVFCJQZfrc[/YOUTUBE]

I had Cena's rap album for quite a while, up until the point when I had to sell over half of my albums/movies/games to help pay wedding expenses a couple of years ago. I honestly always felt it was given far too much hate than it deserved, cheesy or not. Just Another Day was a good one, as was Know The Rep. So there's that.... There's also Britney Spears' greatest hits My Prerogative and Vanilla Ice's Ice Ice Baby. Both of which were met with an onsalught of REALLY's (Miz-style) from the wifey when she first found out. I don't really play either around others, but I still listen to them.

I'd say 90% of the music I have enjoyed in my life is garbage (figuratively speaking, not the Stupid Girl band). But my biggest not so secret shame are the times I have a choice to listen to something and find myself grabbing Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits. I don't love every song but I really enjoy a lot of them.

Can't Smile Without You
Mandy
Time in New England
I Write the Songs
Copa Cabana

They're simple fun songs that I remember from my childhood that I still enjoy in my 30's. Some times I play them under the guise that my 4 year old daughter enjoys them but in truth I just want to hear the songs myself again.

Then I follow it up with gangsta rap after I start questioning my own sexuality.

I'd say 90% of the music I have enjoyed in my life is garbage (figuratively speaking, not the Stupid Girl band).

You realize only one member is a girl? Plus they get a free pass just because they have Butch Vig. You know, the man that's worked with Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Muse, Foo Fighters, Sonic Youth, Green Day, etc.

As for myself, skimming through my phone, I would probably pass over Florence and the Machine, Fionna Apple, Sheryl Crow and maybe a few more but yeah. I love the chord progression and if I remember right, the slide guitar to "All I Want to Do" from Crow. Fionna Apple is someone who I would only hide from my close friends who all like hard/classic rock. A couple of my more laid back friends and wife love her though so that ones a 50/50.

I listened to "What makes you beautiful" by One Direction like everyday after I heard it on the radio. Shit is catchy as all get out.

This isn't really a secret shame, but I have tons of Disney movie songs on my itunes including some of the songs in the movies done by famous artists (Michael Buble "I can go the distance" from Hercules, Christina Aguilara "Reflection" from Mulan etc). But hey I love Disney what the fuck are you gonna do about it?

Secret Shame would have to be either Nickelback or Creed. I always get embarrassed whenever I'm listening to them. Someone comes up and I'm like change to Metallica or Beatles, SOMETHING! lol. I love both bands, but hey not exactly thrilled about letting people know.

I wouldn't say I'm ashamed of any of the music I listen to. That being said I do get a lot of 'What the hell' when people see some of the stuff on my iTunes.

Case in point Prince. I really really enjoy Prince. Purple Rain, Raspberry Beret, Kiss I love them. But as the majority of my stuff is hard rock/metal it does seem like something out of left field when people see it.

I'll be honest, I find some of One Direction quite catchy, but their voices are so annoying. Unfortunately, my most listened to song is Call me Maybe... :/ lol

I have quite the few Maroon 5 songs on my iPod.

Misery

She Will Be Loved

Payphone

Moves Like Jagger

Wake Up Call

That's right I have all of those on my iPod. There is something about Maroon 5 that pleases my ears. They are some of the select pop music on my iPod. I also have Burn, Caught Up, Yeah, Love in This Club and U Got It Bad by Usher. About 20% percent of my music library would probably bew frowned upon by my friends.

I'll be honest, I find some of One Direction quite catchy, but their voices are so annoying. Unfortunately, my most listened to song is Call me Maybe... :/ lol

^ This guy.

I definitely have a One Direction & Justin Bieber station on my Pandora app.

You don't know you're beautiful!!!

That song, btw, is a total rip off of an older country song called "She Don't Know She's Beautiful" but whatever. Ha.

The only thing I'm truly ashamed of is Avril Lavigne. My argument that it is definitely shameful, is that I can't even argue that she's talented; she's not. I just.... Like it.

You realize only one member is a girl? Plus they get a free pass just because they have Butch Vig. You know, the man that's worked with Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Muse, Foo Fighters, Sonic Youth, Green Day, etc.

You do realise Garbage had their biggest hit with a song called Stupid Girl??
Cool it man!

Cant say i keep much of it quiet to make anything a secret shame, nor am i ashamed of it, but, going for right now, the album that would get me the most social abuse would be JT's futuresex/love sounds album. I havent listened to it in a long while but I remember it being pretty rauchious! That is to say, i like the grooves. And theres an extended ending to lovestoned thats simply beautiful.

Oh man I'd have to say Avril Lavigne something about her voice and whole attitude about her I really dig. But in my defense shes also frickin hot so that just makes me wanna watch her music videos MORE.

Also in high school it wasnt considered "cool" to like post hardcore/scream-o so I couldnt talk music with anybody cause I was and still am into bands like Asking Alexandria but I never hid that fact.

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper

Everybody I've surrounded myself with, likes rap, so it's actually any song outside of rap really but it's also because they are boys though I have a few girl friends but I don't even think they've ever heard Girls Just Wanna Have Fun expect maybe one. I listen to this whenever I'm in a Rock N' Wrestling Connection mood.

Had my iTunes on shuffle tonight and this started playing. Forgot I went through this phase, but there's no excuse for this to still be in my library...but I'm not gonna delete it. It's a secret shame.

[youtube]Jcf8XxtekDQ[/youtube]

My secret shame? Well, it's...

[YOUTUBE]NG2zyeVRcbs[/YOUTUBE]

...Don't laugh.
In my defense, it is a great song, and as a fan of some country music, this song takes the cake. Miley's voice is beautiful, and this song emphasizes this fact.
Think about it like this: take out everything else you know about Miley Cyrus, and listen to this song as if it were the newest song of the newest female country artist. This would change EVERYTHING, right? You would think, "Wow, this new chick is pretty good," or what have you.
All in all, I like this MILEY CYRUS song, but what are you going to do about it? Find my house and laugh at me?
Good luck.
In addition, I also love Backstreet Boys and NSync. But again, what are YOU going to do?

If its by a The Backstreet Boys, it's my public secret jam!

I don't play one of their CDs or download their music on my iPod, but if it's being played on the radio while I'm driving, if the song is still going and I reach my destination, I'll let it finish before getting out of the car. If I was in a store and a Backstreet Boy CD was playing on repeat, I'd stay as long as possible and soak it all in.

I'm not quite sure they have a soft spot in my heart, but I imagine that it goes back to my childhood considering that Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, Spice Girls were at their peak when I was at the age to start to really pay attention to the music on the radio. In high school, four of my friends and I also did a few skits that involved us being a boy band so a handful of Backstreet Boy songs remind me of that.

most of my friends call my music "Stupid" but my secret shame is Saliva i would never admit in real life but i enjoy her music i have 90% of her songs.

^ This guy.

I definitely have a One Direction & Justin Bieber station on my Pandora app.

You don't know you're beautiful!!!

That song, btw, is a total rip off of an older country song called "She Don't Know She's Beautiful" but whatever. Ha.

Do you mean the Sammy Kershaw song? Asides from the theme, I don't really see much similarity though I do enjoy both.

[YOUTUBE]upTWgf-3IqQ[/YOUTUBE]​

As for my secret shame, well I am usually a big fan of cheesy songs anyway, so nothing listed thus far has really fazed me. I suppose this would probably be my most questionable pleasure though:blush:

[YOUTUBE]_pgPq4FGWfk[/YOUTUBE]​

... be gentle on me - I am old:p

Judging by this thread I should post

I own a Garbage cd that I like quite a bit.
Hollywood Undead because I'm not a fan of rap/rock bands so my friends don't get why I'm into them.
Eminem because I'm pretty anti rap music but I really like him.
I have the Juno soundtrack and I like quite a bit of the songs off it.

My biggest secret shame however isn't any music that I own. It's that when I was a teenager (13 or 14 I think) my friend's mom took us to the state fair where she walked around while my friend and I were watching Christina Aguilera in concert. When people ask what shows I've been to I usually don't mention that one. Even though I think I listed it on the shows thread here.

My biggest secret shame however isn't any music that I own. It's that when I was a teenager (13 or 14 I think) my friend's mom took us to the state fair where she walked around while my friend and I were watching Christina Aguilera in concert. When people ask what shows I've been to I usually don't mention that one. Even though I think I listed it on the shows thread here.

Hell I would. She's gotta be one the sexiest women currently breathing. I'd budge my way front row trying to get a glimspe of her up close. And if memory recalls, Juno had a lot of music of the independent persuasion, which I like.

I recently weeded out some Shaggy from my iTunes. I don't know how his album got on there, but it wasn't me. :icon_wink:

My secret musical shame?

I don't mean this song or this video specifically, I mean Taylor Swift in general. I love pretty much all of her music, which is totally different than pretty much anything else I listen to. Saw her in concert in Boston in the summer of 2011, and we are heading back there again next July to see her again.

:disappointed:

I also love Taylor Swift, I own her first CD but everybody who knows me knows I love her music, In fact I currently have her song that the above user posted playing on my phone.

My friends think i'm weird cause lately I have really gotten into Cassadee Pope/Hey Monday (partly cause i'm digging her on The Voice) but I'm not ashamed of it.

What I am sad to admit is today I heard the song "MMMBop" by Hansen and I still know the words to it...Looking back I blame the 90's boy bands for the shit out today that people love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back