• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

whats your favourite Monday Night Raw Match?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGTOWNPLAYA01

Dark Match Winner
Well Since the 1st thread I made was taken out of context and someones assumption lead to it being closed :wtf: I am here again :) with a second intended thread that I have thought about for the longest time... What is ya favourite match to be shown on RAW?.

Myn would be : Taka Michinoku vs. Triple H - WWE Championship Match (10/4.00). In New Zealand we use to get just 1 hr of MONDAY NIGHT RAW with no adds during the week to build upto the event. So when I found out Taka would compete against HHH with the world title On the line, I almost scream'd the house down. As we all know now things didn't work out so well and Taka lost :disappointed: I still loved the match.

and

Hardy vs. The Undertaker - Ladder Match for the Undisputed Championship(sometime in 2002). Same Situation as Before but this match seemed fit for a WWE PPV it was down to the wire.

there are some more that I love but I could go on for hours lol so I want to know is whats your favourite Monday Night Raw Match?.

Shawn vs Cena...hour long match on free tv...doesn't get any better than that and the quality of match was great

my fav Raw match would have to be HBK vs Shelton Benjamin in their gold rush match in 2005 where HBK gave his Sweet Chin Music to a Shelton that was flying through the air and nearly killed him!!

it was a great match for me, because i am a huge Shelton fan and I was thinkin maybe having a strong showing with hbk would help him climb to the top. and it was a very good match (which is easy to have with hbk) and for a second it made you think that shelton maay be able to pull off something incred....omg hbk just killed him!!!!!!
and it made the raw anny dvd...great moment and showing by both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_DnRxJmhik

The New Age Outlaws vs Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie.
Triple H and X-Pac came down to aid the Outlaws in winning the tag titles. They beat the crap out of Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie thus leading to a new incarnation of DX. It was awesome to watch

Jeff Hardy Vs. The Undertaker- Ladder Match for the Undisputed Championship- Great back and forth action, The match showed a complete story with an up and coming superstar, Jeff Hardy trying to make a name for himself by going against one of the best in the business.. The drama was intense as Jeff touched the gold several times... The match was capped off by a classy ending as Taker won and Taker went back in the ring and raised Jeff's hand...

Shawn Michaels vs John Cena, April 23, 2007. This match started with an hour left of Raw and lasted until the very end. WWE had advertised other matches and a main event which made me buy every false finish. At a time when my love for wrestling was dwindling, this match reminded me I watch in the first place. This match just felt special.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH_XnyMo3L4

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9UE9etCHnw

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tskeHG3N1os

Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L9xo4ws178

My favorite Raw match was one of Stone Cold's last matches, if not THE last actual match he had on Raw. It was against Ric Flair and the stipulation was that it was a straight up wrestling match with no striking or brawling and who ever lost the match would become the other's assistant the next week on Raw.
I actually think it's one of Austin's best matches ever with the story being told of a brawling wrestler that couldn't brawl. He went toe to toe with Flair that night and put on an incredible match. Too bad that the next week is when Austin walked out on the WWF/E.

Part 1: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1yqx6_ric-flair-vs-stone-cold-part-1-2_sport

Part 2: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1yr3o_ric-flair-vs-stone-cold-part-2-2_sport

I've got to say HBK vs John Cena in 2007. These two tore the house down with a great back and forth Hour long match. Great stuff to watch and they both gave it all they had. This match completely surpassed their WM 23 encounter.

I always liked E&C and I was upset at the time for Edge getter the better push over Christian this went on for many years even til the day Edge had to retire, Christian was always my favorite of the two since Edge reminded me of my brother and I was more like Christian, Anyways this was what defined Christian as a SuperStar to me. I still to this day show this match to my friends who arent wrestling fans to show them why I love it.

I’m not going to say this was my favorite of all time, but one of my favorite matches on Raw was Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Rock vs. The New World Order, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, and Hollywood Hulk Hogan. The only issue I had with this was, why didn’t they just add a third man to Team WWF?? Who would have been a great choice for a 3rd?? I know Kane was involved with this to a certain extent, but I think Undertaker or Triple H should have somehow been inserted.

I posted about this match recently on a different thread, but my choice has to go for Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H for the World Heavyweight Title 12/29/2003. I recently discovered this when I bought a copy of HBK's DVD "Heartbreak and Triumph" and thought, "Why the Hell is this on the DVD and not one of their other PPV matches?" I was quickly proven why.

[YOUTUBE]76S-IgHNUcA[/youtube]
[YOUTUBE]FY7lt5SmEbA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]FuUaCJLL5dw&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]Svq1Uy2RsXQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

For a few reasons:

Shawn and Triple H were in the middle of a year-plus long feud that was absolutely amazing, every match was seemingly better than the last. It wasn't just about the World title, but about two former best friends who hated each other and desperately needed to prove why they thought they were better than the other. Also, this was taking place in Shawn's hometown of San Antonio and the crowd was hot for HBK. They went back and forth for nearly 30 minutes with several amazing false finishes and just good, solid wrestling. When you thought HBK had won at the end, JR sold this match up the river screaming: "DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES?!"

My favorite Raw match of all time is Stone Cold and The Rock vs nWo. I don't think there has been a bigger match on Raw to that PPV main event claiber like that match. The actual match was done so well with hogan delivering the leg drop and pinning the Rock for a 3 count has to be one of the biggest matches ever because we finally got to see 2 entites that dominated the end of the 90's have a showdown in my view to see who was the real kings of Monday Nights. The war may have been over by the time this match happened but what it meant entirely as a whole it was the perfect way to end an era.

Oh gee, don't make me choose! lol I'll give you a couple

Jeff Hardy vs Undertaker(Undisputed Ch.) - It was back and forth action. Taker owned Hardy most of the match, but at some points it looked like Hardy could have easily won. Then at the end, Hardy got on the mic (and sounded TERRIBLE btw) and asked for more. Then, Taker came down, and shook his hand. A very good showcase of sportsmanship!

HHH vs Kane (title vs mask) - I know, I know, when you think of this feud, you think of Katie Vick. No. That's not what i'm aiming for. I was 7 when this match took place. I stayed up all night trying to watch the match to see if Kane was going to unmask. When he did, he was facing the camera. But when he turned around, let's just say i had nightmares for weeks! He chokeslams RVD and goes on a rampage for months, before becoming the big red jobber, lol.

I'm gonna throw in three matches that haven't been mentioned yet.

The first one being Bret Hart vs. the 1-2-3 Kid back in 1994. That is one of the best technical wrestler/high flying wrestler type of matches you'll ever see. The match features the great team of Jim Ross and Macho Man Randy Savage on commentary, and it is a pure clinic. IMO it's the best match of Sean Waltman's career, and one of the best matches from Bret Hart in arguably the best year of his career (1994). If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and watch it on YouTube, or one one of the RAW DVDs. It's on the 15th Anniversary DVD, and it's also on the Best of Raw Seasons 1 and 2 DVD as well I think. Check it out.

Another great match is the Rob Van Dam/Eddie Guerrero ladder match from 2002. To me, it's one of the best ladder matches ever and perhaps the most overlooked. This was the match that solidified Eddie's comeback in the WWE, and put him onto the road he would go on as one of the top stars of the company. This was the match where Eddie redeemed himself in the eyes of management. And yeah, the match kicks pure ass. Great match.

And the final match I will mention is the Cage Match from 2001 between Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle. Everyone talks about their 5 star classic at the Royal Rumble in 2003, and also their amateur wrestling clinic at Wrestlemania X-7, but don't forget about this one either. The match features plenty of steel cage violence, excellent wrestling, and jaw-dropping high spots, in particular Kurt Angle's moonsault off the top of the cage, plus Stone Cold Steve Austin at the height of his hilarious heel character on commentary. I'm not sure what DVD it's available on (maybe Bloodbath: Wrestling's Best Steel Cage Matches?), but check it out on YouTube if you haven't seen it.

All of the matches that have been mentioned thus far have been great ones (although I don't remember the HHH/Taka match I have to admit), but you can't discuss the greatest matches in Monday Night Raw history, without bringing up those three.

I just remembered two more matches to bring up.

I had long forgotten about it, until I picked up Macho Man's DVD a few years ago, and on there is a match on Monday Night Raw in early 1994 between him and Yokozuna. This was an outstanding match, probably one of the best of Yoko's career. This was right when Yoko was the World Champion, and Savage was engulfed in a feud with Crush. Macho took Yoko to the limit and almost beat him, when Crush interfered, followed by interference from Bret Hart. This match right here proved that it was absolutely ridiculous that Vince was pushing Macho down on the totem pole, as Macho proved he was still one of the top workers in the company and should've easily been in the main event with Luger, Bret, Taker, and Yoko.

And then there is of course the legendary 8-man Ladder Match from 2002. If I remember right it had Kane and Hurricane, The Dudley Boyz. Crap I can't remember who else was in it. Somebody help me out here. But anyways, it was another great match. I remember the whole match making Raw Magazines's 100 Greatest Moments in Raw history (the magazine/list was published in 2003).

And then there's the Iron Man Match between Chris Benoit and Triple H in 2004. Another outstanding match, though of all the Iron Man matches it's probably the least best. But it's still a great match.

Okay, I won't post anymore lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back