Whats the point of the SD/RAW Brands....

Random_Dude

Dark Match Winner
if they are simply not going to make the respective superstars exclusive to their respective brand, why not just finally unite the two.....its been like this for a good while now, the top draws that are on SD make consistent appearances on Raw as we saw prior to WM, and some bit today, we can excuse Edge tonight seeing as he made his retirement official, but we had The Corre make another appearance tonight

I liked the idea of wrestlers being exclusive to their respective brand, as we saw longer feuds, mid-card being part of the show, some sort of effort actually being put into the thing we formerly know as the tag-team division, but looking @ the rosters I feel as if it has gotten somewhat more thinner on both shows

with that said what are your thoughts, should the brands be unified, wrestlers become exclusive to there specific brand?, or just leave it the way it is...

The WWE should be united again, I dont agree that we had unique story lines, or that mid-carders got more love and exposure since the shows split the superstars, I believe they had more exposure when the shows shared talent. We had better feuds as well for the simple fact there were more stars to be had. Tag-team can also benefit because of the amount of friendships that can transpire from having all superstars work together. I never really liked the split brand concept, even more so when they had the split PPV's. But Vince is the genius here not me, but the way to shake things up again is to bring the company back together, we are all getting tired of Michael Cole and the anonymous GM, so have one GM for the whole company, and that gives Cole a reason to be on all shows. instead of just appearing for no God given reason.

The plus side of split brands:
I believe the only thing we all look forward to, (possibly less now than before) is the WWE draft, I guess they could still have that draft concept, just for new talent. This could give NXT a real purpose by letting new talent show their stuff for the draft. Or WWE could just eliminate NXT and just have a draft straight out of FCW. The Brand concept could stay alive, and we would get a lot of fresh faces without the career suicide that is NXT.

IDK its a thought, maybe not the best, but im kind of tired and it sounded good in my head lol.

if they are simply not going to make the respective superstars exclusive to their respective brand, why not just finally unite the two.....its been like this for a good while now, the top draws that are on SD make consistent appearances on Raw as we saw prior to WM, and some bit today, we can excuse Edge tonight seeing as he made his retirement official, but we had The Corre make another appearance tonight

I liked the idea of wrestlers being exclusive to their respective brand, as we saw longer feuds, mid-card being part of the show, some sort of effort actually being put into the thing we formerly know as the tag-team division, but looking @ the rosters I feel as if it has gotten somewhat more thinner on both shows

with that said what are your thoughts, should the brands be unified, wrestlers become exclusive to there specific brand?, or just leave it the way it is...

3 Simple Things.

1. It was WrestleMania. Time to expose more of Smackdown Stars to Raw Watchers and help push everyone. We are still in the backlash of Mania...

2. According to Wiki, there was a draft annouced for April 18th back in Nov although WWE hasnt made any reference to it. So, I guess WWE forgot about it but with that said its pretty obvious that the likes of a Jack Swagger would stay on RAW via the draft. We are just in that time period where WWE wants to figure out who should be pushed in the upcoming year and who should go where on the roster.

3. The Corre. Justin and Slater are tag team champs remember? They can go where-ever they want. Wade is the IC champ and went to Smackdown (I dont remember if any trade was actually made) but so did Jackson he just randomly went back to Smackdown. The Argument could be made That The Corre are actually RAW superstars and not Smackdown superstars. Wade with the belt could help unify it in the future.

So...yeah, I feel that The Draft keeps the brands pretty well split and ofcourse when SinCara debut they wanted to keep you guessing where he would stay for sure.

I kinda like what they are doing right now.

Right now the split barely applies to the upper card talent, who just seem to show up on the other show whenever they please.
The other guys stay on their respective shows, and that's good - more chances for them of getting air time and develop into stars eventually.

I think it is time to unite everything, the WWE roster is just not big enough at the moment for two seperate brands thats why we keep seeing main eventers appearing on all the shows I think. I want to see all the old WCW titles scrapped and just have a WWE title, IC Title, Tag titles etc and I want to see raw and smackdown unite and see more of our favourite wrestlers.

Only reason why the keep the separate brands is due to house shows and the ability to run in 2 different areas on the same night, something I would imagine is necessary now the WWE is a public company.

It would make more sense if they just unified the world titles and left the mid-card belts as brand specific belts.

Only reason why the keep the separate brands is due to house shows and the ability to run in 2 different areas on the same night, something I would imagine is necessary now the WWE is a public company.

It would make more sense if they just unified the world titles and left the mid-card belts as brand specific belts.

Havent the wwe ran house shows on the same night one Smackdown and one RAW before? Its rare but has happen hasnt it?

But I think this is a good reason that a lot of "tv fans" forget...now when you go to a houseshow and they say RAW Houseshow you know what you are getting...if they say Smackdown you know which roster you are paying for.

Plus when its split up the wrestlers have more time off and the fans wont expect them and the wrestlers dont have to work every night. Plus, it keep matches fresher.

A lot is made out of the fact that some of the top stars from each brand will be seen on the opposite brand. However, the majority of brand-exclusive stars stick to their brand.

The reason? Too many stars to give them enough time on a 2 hour show (1 hour and a half, really.) The brand makes perfect sense. More people get time and more stars are able to develop.

A perfect example of this would be Cody Rhodes. He's come so far along in a relatively short period of time. However, how many of us could honestly assume/say he'd be in the same spot if he was given less time while being on Raw or Smackdown! when all the top guys are getting into their own things.

It's simply a matter of time. And at the end of the day, when a superstar needs to be on both shows, he is. So, it works perfectly in that regard.

First, if you did your research you would have found a thread that talk about that shiit!!
Second, i dont know if you notice but WWE isnt separated in two mini-companies, they are all one!
Third tell me, did you prefer to have two shows airing on national television or only one? Get the fuck out of here!!
Do you want to destroy WWE so bad? Whats the point of having only RAW TWICE A WEEK? They struggle to build a feud in one show, if they have to shows, we would only see random fights for the most part of the show! WWE isnt TNA!

Geeeeeeeeez i'm so tired of replying to this questions!! What is the pont of having only one main show? Give me one good thing!!
Let me see, oww they could fire half of the Roster!! YEYYYYY, i will see John Morrison twice a week!! And he will probably TALK and fight for... the mid-card tittle maybe! -.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back