• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should the WWE Have a Reboot?

Well, in my opinion a reboot is not a good idea........or a bad idea. Let me explain:

It's not the talent, it's the writing. Rebooting and juggling rosters is a good idea, but since the writing is not what it should be, rebooting is a waste of time.

Everything starts with the top. When Steph & Preperation H did not have the regns on creative and when Senile Vinnie Mac wasn't catering to only children (because that is what he is doing) and let 'attitude' shine, you couldn't beat it.

So my point is, why bother. Your still going to get the same old shit.

Personally, while I like the idea of having two separate entities, I don't think they have a deep enough roster right now to do it, specifically in regards to top tier talent.

As a poster above mentioned, if they went to a true brand split where each show has it's own pay-per-view, then we'd be getting Sheamus versus Alberto Del Rio closing out pay-per-views. Even if you swap out one of those guys for someone like Randy Orton, is anyone still buying that event? Theoretically, they could always have pay-per-views be the one show where both brands appear on the same ticket, but to me that dilutes the concept of having two separate brands "competing" with one another.

I actually think they have a surplus of mid-card talent. The benefit of splitting the brands would eliminate guys like Sheamus and Del Rio from Raw, which would free up some television time to devote effort to establishing mid-card wrestlers and feuds. Of course, they have three hours to fill now, and they aren't going to want to devote significant time to developing the Tyson Kidds and Drew McIntyres of the world on their flagship program.

Well, in my opinion a reboot is not a good idea........or a bad idea. Let me explain:

It's not the talent, it's the writing. Rebooting and juggling rosters is a good idea, but since the writing is not what it should be, rebooting is a waste of time.

Everything starts with the top. When Steph & Preperation H did not have the regns on creative and when Senile Vinnie Mac wasn't catering to only children (because that is what he is doing) and let 'attitude' shine, you couldn't beat it.

So my point is, why bother. Your still going to get the same old shit.

Great point!!! If all I am going to get who is the next GM and then said GM comes in and feuds with face or heel why reboot it. I am only watching about one week a month now because seriously the WWE bores the crap out of me. By the end of the year, I will probably be done altogether.

If they did do it they need to have the Raw heavy weight champion, the Smackdown heavy weight champion and then the WWE champion who appears on both shows. Also the other titles can be separated between shows.

I'd only agree to a reenforcing the different brands unless they do something with Smackdown. Because it's taped, SD is seen as the "B" show while Raw is clearly the top "A" show. I rather much see Smackdown go live first if they're going to consider making each show unique from one another.

Maybe the reason people liked the Attitude Era and the Post Attitude Era with REAL, SOLID brand extension more than this era is because at least things made more sense!!!

In the Attitude Era there was ONE, just ONE World Champion in the company - The WWF Champion. Then there was a few other titles but each had their place... the Hardcore title! The tag team title ... it actually had meaning and prestige! There Intercontinental Title had its place and its feuds. The European title and the Light Heavyweight title were the only ones I felt were out of place.

Then in the immediate post-Attitude Era there was real brand extension and Smackdown stars were exclusive to Smackdown and Raw stars were exlusive to Raw and it came after the merge with WCW so it made sense both brands had their top titles and mid-card titles, even their own tag titles.

But now everything seems messed up! WWE seems to only care about building up the WWE championship picture and a few personal feuds. Obviously some effort goes into the World Heavyweight Title picture but there seems to be little to no effort to make the IC title, the US title, the Tag Titles or the Divas title seem important at all!

The WWE HAS talent if they would let them be seen! But they keep re-using the same guys over and over and over again to the point where anyone below them are rarely seen or buried. Mid-carders can hardly even catch a break because they have already established guys like Christian, The Miz, Santino and Cody Rhodes as IC and US champions instead of giving a chance to guys like Hunico, Trent Baretta, Tyson Kidd, Heath Slater, etc. They bury or ignore these guys so much... no wonder they don't get over.

If WWE simplified things a bit more it would help a lot.

Maybe a year from now (after Ziggler cashes in his MITB briefcase) they can start an angle to merge the WHC with the WWE title and just have ONE top title in the company but for the sake of 'Raw World Tours' and 'SmackDown World Tours' they can build up the IC title so it has actual prestige and that champion can travel with the Smackdown show and put on main events.

Then they can build more feuds and relevance to the Tag Team division and I'd really like to see the re-introduction of the Hardcore title and division.

So no, I don't think they should do a reboot to do a draft and make each brand separate again. But they do have to fix the mess they have right now with their titles and Superstars.

Opened this thread to basically say exactly this. There has to be a point in the future where the WWE/WHC titles are unified, im assuming they are going to go all out for the WM30 card in a couple of years so ideally this could be the right time. I mean lets face it, the WHC has become so uninteresting in comparison to the WWE title, which is a damn shame because it should be bigged up a lot more for its prestigious history. Having the two titles only works if the two shows are kept separate (which is itself can no longer really happen for reasons already outlined on here.) You cant have two 'top dogs' because as has become abundantly clear in recent years it only leads to diminishing the importance of one of them.

I dont know why this isnt talked about more but the problem with the WWE product is that Vince is too worried about his wifes political aspirations and keeping this insane notion of a PG show. This is not the generation that wants a PG show. You have a guy like CM Punk, who has wonderful Mic skills, great wrestling ability and you basicallu neuter his potential. They teased us with a great Nexus angle and then immediately scrapped it, they teased us with "pipe bombs" and then made him a face, they bring in Brock Lesner and have him immediately lose to Cena....WTF?..i just dont understand the product right now. It makes no sense. You have a product that has very few "talents" and you fail to promote the few talents they have. Jericho comes in and basically "jobs" for 5 months...why? The WWE needs to let loose and spend more time promoting the right way the talents of guys like CM PUNK, Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes, Jinder Mahal, etc.....They need to scale back the promos and runs for people like Kane, Big Show, and John Cena.....yes John Cena....i know he is the cash cow of the WWE but its time to let some of the younger talent have longer stints at the top. Give them the keys and let them run with it....without a stupid PG era dragging them down....these guys grew up on the attitude era and then you tell them now that they have made it, to scale it back. That is all.

Now, it's not unusual to see the same groups of superstars appear on both shows in a week, which isn't good for certain superstars looking to catch a break.

It's interesting to see how things go in cycles, isn't it? When Smackdown first came into being, it was just another opportunity to see Triple H, Rock and Stone Cold even more often than before; they were the stars of the new show, just as they were on Raw. Then came the brand extension, limiting stars to one show. While it was good in many ways, the concept eliminated a lot of match-ups we would've liked to see...... the one advantage being that those inter-brand matches sometimes showed up on PPV's, making them a more exciting buy.

Now, with the elimination of the brand extension, we're back where we were: the performers who are on top are headlining both shows. For example, Daniel Bryan and A.J. Lee have been everywhere. Even C.M. Punk and Miz appear on Smackdown.....and Dolph Ziggler, as always, shows up on both brands all the time.

It's a mixed blessing, no? On the one hand, the people who are hottest are the ones we want to see, and now we get to see more of them. On the other hand, two distinct brands offered more performers a chance to shine. Even the 3-hour Raw offers a chance for storylines to be developed for people who usually operate without them, which would be a good thing. It remains to be seen if the company will follow through. The 1001st episode offered surprisingly few characters on-screen......the 1002nd was much better.

As to the original question in this topic, I don't think a reboot is called for. A more diverse distribution of characters would be preferable. Give more people a chance. Use what you've already got. It can be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back