• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's The Most Epic Thing You've Ever Witnessed In Sports?

The Ultimate Fighter 4 finale, Scott Smith vs Pete "Drago" Sell. In the second round of their fight Drago hits sell with a massive body shot that ends up breaking Smiths ribs, and Smith unable to hide the pain buckles and shows a terrible look of pain on his face. Drago seeing this charges in for the kill and Smith with what can only be described as here as one of the greatest displays of heart and determination unloads one massive right hand that puts Sell on his ass for the knockout win and one of the greatest comebacks ever.

[YOUTUBE]9o5_jLYmpfs[/YOUTUBE]

The greatest AFL mark, in the greatest sport around. You don't see that in the NFL.

The Cavaliers winning the Eastern Conference Finals in 2007 was also really cool for me. The coolest Cleveland-related sports thing to go down for me that I was old enough to appreciate. Unfortunately was too young to truly appreciate the 1990's Indians.

I was lucky enough to be at Game 6 that year. Without a doubt, it was the loudest I've ever heard the Q get. Atmosphere was incredible...I wish I still had my videos from the starting lineups and the final seconds, but they're gone now.

Other moments for me were Jerome Bettis' last home game (was there), Troy Polamalu's pick-six to wrap up the win over Baltimore in the AFC Championship Game (was there), Santonio Holmes' game-winning TD catch in Super Bowl XLIII and LeBron's game-winning three against Orlando in Game Two of the ECF.

Also, I was in New Orleans for Steelers/Saints and the "Who Dat" chant was one of the coolest things I've ever heard. I seriously got goosebumps throughout the whole thing.

That Liverpool-Milan game. I didn't even think of it until someone mentioned but it's pretty obvious now. I remember my brother letting me in my room before the match, which meant that it was pretty special regardless. What a comeback.

Second might be when Lewis Hamilton won the formula one world championship. I was just really into it that one season and it's was won literally on the last bend against all odds, against a fellow driver who was quite obviously jealous and unhappy with being regarded as number two priority by his team. Despite everything he snook a win on the last bend and it was epic.

Being a patriots fan, this was the worst day of my football life; but in hindsight this was the most spectacular thing I've ever seen. /wrists

Usain Bolt destroying the world record at the olympics

Vernon Davis last second TD in the playoffs against the Saints

Music City Miracle

Joe Adams punt return against Tennessee, last year

When Lleyton Hewitt came back from two sets to love and match point down against Roger Federer in the semi finals of the Davis Cup.
I was going for Hewitt with him being the underdog of course but I thought he was going to lose when it got to match point. It was late and I was literally standing there holding the remote waiting to turn off the tv as soon as Federer hit the winner on match point but it just didn't happen.

So there I stood for another half hour before I thought Lleyton Hewitt might actually have a chance so I sat back down and Hewitt systematically destroyed the greatest player of all time to get into the Davis cup final.
Needless to say he won his matches in the final and became a Davis Cup champion once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back