• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whats Next for the World Heavyweight Championship?

I think an obvious match is Christian vs Del Rio for the title at Extreme Rules.
I really hope they dont do the typical Battle Royal for the title like they have in the past when it has been vacated.

But personally i think its time for Cody Rhodes to be given his shot. This guy had one of the best matches at Mania and WON!
Im not saying give him the title now but maybe build him up for a potential SummerSlam title victory.

Rhodes has a lot of potential and has shown a lot of improvement recently... i hope that WWE continues the push he has been getting and credit to Rey Mysterio for putting him over.

I bet Vince regrets not doing a MITB at Mania now....Anyway, I don't really think they need to bring anyone over from RAW at all. This is the perfect time for the youth movement to finally come full circle. Either Del Rio wins at Extreme Rules or soon, and use Christian as the transitional champ. The dissension between The Corre can be used to possibly turn Wade Barrett face, or even Swagger could be used as a face.

But there is no reason to bring Triple H over, win another title and totally stop Del Rio's push. Sin Cara could easily be moved over to Smackdown! and challenge fellow luchador Del Rio for the title and those would be 4 or 5 star matches on some PPVs.

The most likely option at this point in time would be for Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio in the ladder match at Extreme Rules for the vacant World Heavyweight Championship.

It's also possible that they'll do a series of matches this week on SD! to ultimately determine Del Rio's opponent, which I'd expect Christian to ultimately come out as the winner when it's all said and done.

IMO Del Rio should get the belt now with Christian in one way or another chasing him until Wrestlemania. That is where Christian should win it. It establishes Del Rio as a true main eventer and makes Christian's big moment HUGE.

It's too soon to give Christian the belt right after Edge drops it. It makes him look like a transitional champion.

Christian vs Del Rio does sound like a great match but i think del rio should win, he has been chasing that title for a while now. Let Del Rio win and have the two of them feud and eventually have christian win at a later pay per view.

I'd love to see this match. Christian is every bit as good as Edge and he could easily fill the void that Edge will be leaving. He's also a master of the ladder match much like Edge is and there is a backstory to this feud. As a Christian mark, I would LOVE to see Christian finally win the title. At this point, I feel it's inevitable. He deserves it. But a part of me also thinks Del Rio will ultimately pick up the win.

I think that on smackdown, they give it to alberto del rio, he announces a big celebration at the end of the show. The ring is set, del rio goes on how he made edge retire or lsomething like that and cue christian's music. Christian can say del rio still has to defend his title on extreme rules against him. Then he announces it a TLC match in tribute to edge. That is what i want to happen.

This is the only match that makes sense to have at Extreme Rules. I really hope they go for it with Christian replacing Edge now he's retired (still feels weird thinking about it).

And I hope Christian wins the championship, he's deserved it for a long time and it's obvious he only has a few years left in his career whereas Del Rio still has a bright future ahead of him. He should hold it for a few months before Del Rio finally fulfills his destiny.

This is definitely the match that HAS to happen now.

Whether it should or shouldn't, the retirement of Edge gives Christian a MAJOR push to the top of the card on SD! And, even if Del Rio was slated to get the title, the feel-good moment now would be for Christian to win the WHC and get an embrace from Edge.

It almost HAS to happen to make all of this have a sense of closure. The biggest shame here is that I was looking forward to a solid feud from Christian and Edge that would have elevated Chrisitan ... but this will serve the same purpose ...

Simply put: At the end of Extreme Rules, Christian should be climbing a ladder and winning his first World Heavyweight Championship.

This match WILL happen. I can not see it not happening. Christian can carry a World Title. He has what it takes to be a Champion. I can see Christian bassicaly taking Edge's spot. I also see Chrstian winning the title which he would do it for Edge. Christian will become the top face of Smackdown and the title will be put on his because him and Edge were best of friends on tv. Now with Edge out of the picture, I feel Christain will get that push to be the champion. It will be interesting to see who the new top dog around Smackdown will be!

Ok, if Christian doesn't get it now, then he never will. This feud could easily kill two birds with one stone. Allow ADR to become WHC, and give him a lengthy reign where he builds credibility, and just have Christian keeping sticking around, and coming up short, until he finally wins it at WM. And at this point you've established the top face and heel in Christian and ADR respectively. After seeing Christian back Edge will he won gold, it would be ultimate closure for Edge to be supporting Christian when/if he finally wins it. If this doesn't line things up perfectly for Christian IDK what does.

why cm punk not appears in raw? i am thinking cm punk will win the vacant title today. i prefer christian got it.

Tragic as the circumstances may be, the winds have never been more in favor of Christian right now.
From what I'm hearing the original plan was for Christian to turn heel at Wrestlemania. I sure expected it and was very surprised when he didn't. Instead they changed it so Edge could go out on top.
Christian is the natural plug-in guy for the rematch with Alberto. If he is going to win the match is questionable, though. It will probably depend on the crowd reaction Christian gets in the next couple of weeks and if the Edge factor gives him that extra boost. I'd say his chances are about 50-50. It's now or never.

I would definitely want Christian to win the title. But seeing as how he's gotten the shaft so many times in the WWE, I got a feeling he's not gonna get it this time again. I mean, like others have said, a proper send off for Edge would be at Extreme Rules for him to come out and raise Christian's hand as the new champion after beating Del Rio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back