• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's Next For Kofi?

Give Dolph some time. I am telling you, this guy is the next big thing.

As for Kofi, the WWE needs to hit the reset button on him. I don't see them turning him heel because they have too many heels in the company as it is and not enough babyfaces. I'm not sure what's next for him but I wouldn't be surprised if he falls into "Superstars" obscurity.

Nothing personal but TIME? He's had what 2-3 years and has garnished nothing! the same could be said about Khali and all the other failed ones. Give them time..... Dolph is just the poor mans Mr. Perfect without any of the charisma. And WTF with the handstands and pushups? Stealing Steiner stuff now also lol

I unfortunately think Kofi is heading for Superstars to battle the others who have pissed off management in one way or the other. Bourne GOD KNOWS WHY he's in the doghouse. But I think they just wanted a reason to burn him since Michaels and others liked him.

It really doesn't matter of Kofi is a heel or a face, the WWE needs to commit to a not only developing these guys' wrestling skills but also get them some acting lessons. Have someone work with the people they feel are "cut out" to be stars and give them a fighting chance.

I have zero interest in anything Kofi Kingston does or says because he has horrible mic skills and I honestly can't even tell you a single feud or program he's been in over the last 2 years because guys like him over even the Divas are bathroom time for me.

I know all the wrestling purists will scoff at the idea of acting lessons, but I'm telling you for these guys that have no personality, it's a way to boost them up a little bit.

They never wrote Kofi into anything interesting for long because he never got over with the crowd....because he can't talk.

I hate to make this direct comparison because it really has nothing to do with them both being black, but look at R-Truth. He was horrible until they let him go off and be crazy a little bit, and then it took on a life of it's own.

I remember back to when someone (can't remember who) first called Kofi on the fact that he'd lost his Jamaican accent live in the ring. It was hilarious...they totally could've run with that and done a humor angle where Kofi has a new accent every week or something...just SOMETHING to get the guy over. Because as we've seen much more often than not, just being a "high flyer" isn't enough to keep a push going and keep people interested in you.

It's WWE(ntertainment) folks, that's the bottom line.

Kofi Kingston has a potential to be a World Champion someday, he has the crowd on his side (fans love him), his ring work has been good it just needs to be a bit more consistent, and he is decent enough on the mic.

What Kingston needs though is a midcard rivalry that will define him. Problem with the WWE is that they seem to be non-comitted to mid-card rivalries which is why his feud with Ziggler was too drawn out and the with Orton ended abruptly.

As I have said before Kingston needs a fresh single's feud maybe with Evan Bourne, R-Truth, Cody Rhodes, or even Kane. A programme that will make him stand out on TV. The same way The Rock's feud with Shamrock made him a breakout star, or the one Cena had with The Big Show.

I seriously wonder why you still watch then. You clearly hate everything about the WWE and live for the attitude era.

The reason I still watch WWE like I said, I love the idea that wrestling entertainment has to offer, and WWE is by far the best managed. And also, I am only 18 years old. I never was able to watch the Attitude Era like everyone else. I started watching as a little kid in 2002-2006. That's when I was kid loving it.

I actually stopped watching WWE for a good 2 years until CM Punk's promo. That brought me back in. I watch RAW for CM Punk and Kane, alongside Triple H.

And yes Cena may be stale, but he is somewhere. His staleness is regarding his gimmick of never give up, but guess what, I've accepted it. It's been about 6 years, you need to to get over it sometime. He's not in the title picture right now, so enjoy it. He's in a good story with a Masked Kane. Is there anything better you can ask for?

Nothing personal but TIME? He's had what 2-3 years and has garnished nothing! the same could be said about Khali and all the other failed ones. Give them time..... Dolph is just the poor mans Mr. Perfect without any of the charisma. And WTF with the handstands and pushups? Stealing Steiner stuff now also lol

I unfortunately think Kofi is heading for Superstars to battle the others who have pissed off management in one way or the other. Bourne GOD KNOWS WHY he's in the doghouse. But I think they just wanted a reason to burn him since Michaels and others liked him.

Dude, 2-3 years is nothing in terms of time in the business. The guy actually has come a long way. His promo skills have gotten infinitely better, he looks extremely confident in the ring and on the mic, and in my opinion he is the best in ring performer on the roster due to the fact that he can sell better than anyone, making his opponents look infinitely better than they actually are. As soon as the WWE finds a way to market him and he loses Vicky, he will be in the main event picture consistently. He has the "it" factor to be able to get over as a babyface when the time is right. At this stage in his career he reminds me of the Rock when he had his run in the Nation of Domination. He was a great heel and everyone started to notice his potential.

I think the title loss is the WWE's acknowledgement of needed to push their current stars. With Orton's injury, Cena's focus on the Rock, and reports of CM Punk going through injuries of his own, there needs to be a refocus on certain stars.

For everyone who says to turn Kofi heel, I hope you realize how heel-heavy the WWE is already. You have Del Rio, Ziggler, Miz, Kane as the top heels on Raw alone (and that's excluding Jericho). Then you through in Henry, Rhodes, and possibly Bryan on Smackdown (excluding Christian). The shows are too heel heavy, and there is a SIGNIFICANT drop from Cena, Orton, and Punk.

Say what you want about Ryder, but his US Title reign has been pretty dull...and that's not including the fact that they've made him look WEAK in this whole Kane fiasco. Sheamus has dropped a step in popularity and has gotten very little crowd reaction, and as much as this Brodus Clay thing might actually succeed, it's going to take a while before that happens.

Kofi's next in line, but they dropped the ball on him because they haven't done anything with him. He's had NO storylines. Hell, he lost the US Title to Ziggler and never got a PPV match. He actually might be the only titleholder to LOSE more than he's won while holding the belt (a sign of bad writing).

Kofi can be a face and still taken seriously, but they need to do something with him. Give him a feud. Give him mic time. Use Ziggler's success (his mid-card rival) as the stepping stone to amassing something greater. Anything beats what he's doing now.

Sadly I think Kofi's time in WWE is coming to an end... much in the way JoMo recently went, I can see Kofi making a decision to go elsewhere... I actually think he could go the Japan route like MVP and do very well there for a spell... Air Boom was the last shot for him to step out of the shadows and he didn't take it...

I think a heel turn tonight would not only be the most popular, but most logical decision. Do something different with Kofi. I can easily imagine him turning on Bourne and setting up a feud between the two. Both our really good and entertaining in the ring, so why not use that. That then decideds whether or not WWE gets rid of them.

Bourne screwed up. That also screwed up Kingston, which is a real shame as I am a fan of there in-ring work. Personally, I don't get up and cheer for them, but they're good at what they are trying to do.

Air Boom was an oppertunity at getting these two on TV. That way, WWE wanted to get the Tag Team division back and running again. Both of these superstars are entertaining and have a big fan base, so it seemed logical. WWE gave them chance, they kind of capitolised on them, but, I get the whole "when you get an oppertunity, take it" but, when you get limited oppertunities, what can you do. This is what has happened to Air Boom.

A heel turn and a Kingston/Bourne feud. I would like to see that. Pass through the Rumble in the Royal Rumble Match and have a mid-card match at Elimination Chamber. Enter them both in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania XXVIII if there is one and see where it goes from there. Please Vince, don't get rid of Kingston. You screwed up with Shelton Benjamin and Kingston is pratically an African double, don't release him.

It's my guess that Koffi will be in front of the areans selling merch for Vince and when that runs dry he'll get an offer from TNA and be re-packaged into something even more boring than he is now.What accent can they give him to screw up?

for me, id have cena attack kane early, maybe opening segment, have the rematch for the titles at the half hour, and have kane come out after a clean finish in witch epico and primo retain, have and evan back in to the corner and have kofi push evan twords kane before running off, let kane be the one to take him out, hes a pretty over face with the kiddys, and that helps kanes "Embrace the hate" gaff whilst turning kofi, letting the new tag champs build some steam, have kofi of tv for a few weeks and have him come back with some spiffy new attire, say about how evan was holding him back because he was more intrested in getting high, than being the best, and that kofi had finaly seen the light, and that he was going to make somthing happen, maybe go for ZR's US Belt, i cant realy see them letting kofi go, i for one would watch TNA for an AirBoom v MCMG match, EB prob, hes burnt some bridges, but i can also see this being a huge swerve and AirBoom winning the belts back.

id much prefer my idea :p but yeah, one can dream

I don't care what anyone thinks Kofi is a heck of a performer in the ring. He may not be much on the mic, whether it be a lack of air time or skill I don't know! I would love to see Kofi become the breakout star of the year and actually win the World Title. He and Bryan could have a great series of matches. As for Evan, still a fan.

For me Kofi Kingston just lacks that "it" factor. He just simply does not excite me what so ever, he is boring flat out. Granted he rarely gets air time for promos but based on his past efforts i can see why. I do however think it is a bit harsh that he is effectively getting punished for Bourne's actions but i guess that's just WWE for you.

Like others have been saying i think he needs to re-invent himself and a heel turn could work. It may make him less stale for a few weeks. He has a worrying lack of charisma and if WWE can't find a way to get him over he's in trouble. I personally would not be very upset if he got future endeavoured with Bourne who inevitably will soon.

I think that Kofi is one of the most exciting guys to watch in the E' right now. Heel turn, no heel turn, it doesn't matter. Find him a fued or a storyline to get invovled in. He is an excellent talent, and he is a prime example of the E' wasting young talent. I thought his fued with Orton/Legacy was excellent. And Kofi has come very far since then.

With Jack Swagger winning the United States Championship last night, and Zack Ryder injured, it seems there might be a lack of midcard faces for Jack Swagger to defend his title against. Anyone remember last year the four or so matches Kofi Kingston and Jack Swagger put on together? They were flat out awesome bouts. I could see that feud being rehashed to give Jack Swagger something to do until Zack Ryder is cleared to wrestle again.
I wouldn't necessarily mind Kofi turning heel. He already possesses alot of the traits of a heel; he's crazy, wild, and can be fairly aggressive when it's needed. His look would even fit that of a heel:
KofiKingston1_display_image.jpg
Truth is Kofi's fairly over as a babyface. Probably WWE's most over midcard face right now. Why waste that? He can certainly be a good opponent for Swagger to run through. I will not say Kofi NEEDS to turn heel. However I wouldn't mind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back