• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's next for Edge?

Baller

WZCW Veteran
As you all know, at the Bash it will be Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk. With the Bash coming up in less than 2 weeks that leaves Edge with nothing at the moment.

So who will be Edge's next opponent?

JoMo maybe? i dunno he had a match on smackdown with edge maybe they'l push that who knows, maybe he'l work his way into the match at the bash

Personally i hope Edge is away from the title race for a while, give some of the Upper midcard guys a shot.

The best thing for edge rite mow IMO would be to put him either in a feud with Jericho, the promos between these two would be immense and they can both wrestle, the chemistry between them would be interesting to watch. Alternatively he could feud with someone like Benjamin or R truth to put them over and give them a push.

Personally i hope Edge is away from the title race for a while, give some of the Upper midcard guys a shot.

The best thing for edge rite mow IMO would be to put him either in a feud with Jericho, the promos between these two would be immense and they can both wrestle, the chemistry between them would be interesting to watch. Alternatively he could feud with someone like Benjamin or R truth to put them over and give them a push.

That's not a bad idea, I think a feud with Jericho would be great...they could fight to see who is Smackdown's number one heel. Although, as Jericho is tied up with Mysterio atm in another good feud, this still leaves Edge with nothing for the Bash...Edge could end up going against John Morrison while he waits for Jericho/Mysterio to end and while it would be nice to see him face off against Benjamin or R-Truth, I doubt WWE would bring Edge down to their level but who knows, stranger things have happened. Though it will be interesting to see where Edge goes from here...

Edge vs. Morrison is the natural (and correct) answer. They could have a strong summer feud, without any titles, through Summerslam, where Morrison gets the better of it.

After that, not sure. Edge/Jericho seems likely, but they'll have to flip Edge at some point. Because as a heel on Smackdown, there isn't a lot left for him to do.

while it seems that you would say Edge and Y2J it will wait till a bigger event like Survivor Series or Royal Rumble. Edge needs to feud with Morrison now. As this guy needs a big time guy to feud with. who better then Edge who has been on top Smackdown for the last 3 years now. this feud could easily go end of summer. they need the mid card belt that Y2J has so they can have a feud that means something. that sounds unfair to Edge who is far and away better then mid card now. but Y2J is the guy to put Punk over as a good main event guy. Morrison needs a tittle involved for the fans to care about him. Edge is the guy to help that and together they can give us matches to remember.

I could see Edge getting himself briefly involved in the Jericho/Rey feud.

Assuming Jericho and Rey have another match at The Bash (and Edge is still off the card), I would have him interfere and beat the holy Hell out of both of them. This could lead to a triple threat match at NOC.

Then he could either:

Win the IC belt, and have the one on one feud with Jericho that everybody wants to see which would lead into Summerslam.

Lose the match, maybe due to interference from JoMo (I don't know why, maybe Edge could have been taunting him during a backstage segment?). This would mean at Summerslam we'd have an Edge/JoMo match, and probably the final (mask vs title) match in the Jericho/Rey feud.

Yeah, seems pretty unlikely. Odds are Edge is just gonna find a way to keep himself in the main event.

I still think its likely that he stays in the title picture. He'll have a couple one off matches against mid carders then get a shot at Punk when the Hardy title quest is done. Actually, I believe I read on the main page he is taking time off. So he returns to a heel Punk and slowly turns face. Wala.

Yeah, not sure what's gonna happen with him for the next couple of months but I am convinced that the plan is for him and Jericho to have a feud over who is the face of Smackdown, culminating at Summerslam (with Edge the face). They have been putting this one on a nice slow-cook since the draft, so that's what I expect. It does leave Edge in limbo for now though, they should use this time to turn him face, like they did with HHH in autumn 2000, of course that one didn't last long.

Working with Morrison would be very advantageous for both Edge and Morrison. It'll give Edge something really fresh to work with. And as Edge is quite the talker, we may actually get to hear Morrison string a few sentences together. And I look at the clean win Edge got over Morrison being a catalyst for Morrison getting a little aggressive with Edge. They'd work really well together, I think. I'm hoping it happens.

Umm I don't know, but I hope its a baby-face push. I don't know why but I just want to see it. Edge is getting kinda stale as a heel, I just wanna see him with a new vibe, and get cheered in places other than Toronto. Thats all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back