What's Next For CroCop?

Marquis

So, many reports have been circling around about Mirko's future. Reports like Mirko announcing he will retire, have one more match in Japan, or finish his two fights left on his UFC contract. Now a lot of these reports were in Croation and translated, so I'm not completely sold until I actually read it myself. Apparently it just looks like Mirko himself isn't sure on what he wants to do, probably said somethings in the heat of the moment, but anyway, this thread is for what would you like to see next for Mirko.

I personally would like to see Mirko finish out his last two fights in the UFC, but in superfights. It was clear at UFC 103 that Mirko has a fanbase, bigger then I thought, much to my surprise. The Texas crowd seemed to be familiar with Mirko, and he probably got the biggest cheer of the night. So this tells me that Mirko still has some draw in him, meaning I would like to see his final two fights as super fights against legends. The first superfight I'd like to see Mirko in is against Randy. Both fight at around the same weight at HW, so I'm sure even though Randy is fighting at LHW, going back up 15 pounds won't be nothing to him. A fight between two of the greatest HW's in the sport would be a dream fight for many. His 2nd superfight I would like to see if he can go down to LHW, which I know he's said he can't make, but if he somehow can, I would like to see a fight against Liddell as his second fight. Liddell can move up also, I'm sure. So yeah, I would like to see Mirko finish off his UFC career in two superfights against Randy and Chuck. Now the Randy one I doubt happening right now, it really depends if Randy wins or loses against Vera. If Randy wins, he'll probably be in the contender area for the LHW belt. If he loses, then a fight against Mirko is very possible. A fight against Chuck I can see being very possible, since both are legends near the end of their run.

So, what would you like to see Mirko do next? One last fight in Japan? Finish off his UFC contract? Or just Retire?

Dana might let him go if he wants out. I dont think theres any really threat of him going somewhere and tearing it up, those days are most likely behind him.
I really really wanted to see the "Pride" Mirko but for some reason he cant get it going in the UFC.
If he stays in UFC hopefully they will put him against someone like Hardonk or Mcnully, maybe then we can see a vicious head kick by him!!!
If he goes to Japan put him against Bob "pile of shit" Sapp, should be a sure win there!!

That damn cage, man. It completely fucks up CroCop's ability. It's too big, and fighters are able to easily dodge his strong suits, unlike in PRIDE where there was nowhere to escape. You had to go toe-to-toe with CroCop there in the ring, but in the UFC... you can play a cat-and-mouse game and like I said... it fucks CroCop up. It's too hard for him to connect; his speed just isn't what it needs to be for him to keep up.

Anyway, to answer the question.... as much as I'd hate to see his career end on this note, I still have to pick for him to retire. I mean, DREAM themselves are switching to the cage, so if CroCop goes there, then he'll have the same problems he's had in the UFC, if he fights a worthy opponent that is. And of course in the UFC, while there are endless possibilities for the two fights that are left on his contract, I'm not sure if whether or not I'd like to see CroCop in that cage again. Maybe if Alistair Overeem signed with the UFC and actually passed a drug test, then perhaps that would be one good final fight for CroCop and something I'd like to see, but other than that... nothing jumps out at me.

So, yeah... since the Overeem is highly improbable, I'm going to have to say that I hope he goes ahead and retires.

Mirko should probably retire. His heart isn't in it.

The only types of fights that would interest me are the following. . . . .

Cro Cop / Big Nog 2
Cro Cop / Couture
Cro Cop / Liddell

As much as I think that everybody hates the see Mirko go, It just about that time. I defintely see him finishing out his 2 fight contract though, or at least I hope he does, but I don't think the UFC will throw him a super fight, as much as Cro Cop vs Randy Coture is a wet dream for any MMA fan, I just can't see them giving him a huge name due to a couple of his last performances in UFC. I mean he has been dominated by Kongo, and Dos Santos, and has been knocked out by Gabe Gonzanga. That doesn't scream super fight matieriel to me, and It just doesn't seem logical to book some body in a Headliner that hasn't won against a impressive opponent since he beat Josh Barnett in 06'. Again let me stress that I would love for them to put Cro Crop in a Huge name fight, but I just can't see it happening.

As for him heading back to Japan to finish his career off, this would be disappointing for me, as I couldn't watch it live on my television if these fights were not In UFC, but who could blame him for going back to fight in the country he had mad amounts of success in? I for one can't, and there probably a huge chance he will go back to Japan to finish his career off, I mean, I dont know this for sure, ya know not being from Japan and all, but I bet Crop Cop is a far bigger deal in Japan then USA, and who doesn't want to fight in front of people that appreciate them? If this is what Crop Cop chooses then I definitely would be understanding on why he chose it. I guess ultimately I want him to finish his 2 fight contract with UFC, win his last remaining fights against whoever he takes a fight with, then retire peacefully into MMA history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back