What Next for the Fighters of UFC 115

Final Form Snyper.

GOAT Human Being
So after watching UFC 115, what do you think should be the next chapter for the winners or losers in last nights card.

Winners:
Mike Pyle - Carlos Condit
James Wilks - Matt Brown rematch.

Evan Dunham - Hard one..... Winner fisher Spencer Fisher or Dennis Siver.
Carlos Condit - Mike Pyle
Ben Rothwell - Stefan Struve or Hardonk
Martin Kampmann - Mike Swick
Mirko Cro Cop - As with Barry. Either Cheick Kongo or Gabriel Gonzaga
Rich Franklin - Forrest Griffin or Thiago Silva

Losers:
Jesse Lennox - Keep on fighting, he needs abit more technique in striking and body control.
David Loiseau - 1 more shot in a loser gets cut from UFC fight.
Tyson Griffin - Sean Sherk rematch.... everyone wins.
Rory MacDonald - Keep his chin up and just wait to destroy someone in his next fight.
Gilbert Yvel - Go else where.
Paulo Thiago - Ben Saunders
Pat Barry - Cheick Kongo or Gabriel Gonzaga
Chuck Liddell - RETIRE!! or Tito Ortiz.

Other:
Mac Danzig & Matt Wiman - Rematch.

So after watching UFC 115, what do you think should be the next chapter for the winners or losers in last nights card.

Winners:
Mike Pyle - Carlos Condit
James Wilks - Matt Brown rematch.

Evan Dunham - Hard one..... Winner fisher Spencer Fisher or Dennis Siver.
Carlos Condit - Mike Pyle
Ben Rothwell - Stefan Struve or Hardonk
Martin Kampmann - Mike Swick
Mirko Cro Cop - As with Barry. Either Cheick Kongo or Gabriel Gonzaga
Rich Franklin - Forrest Griffin or Thiago Silva

Losers:
Jesse Lennox - Keep on fighting, he needs abit more technique in striking and body control.
David Loiseau - 1 more shot in a loser gets cut from UFC fight.
Tyson Griffin - Sean Sherk rematch.... everyone wins.
Rory MacDonald - Keep his chin up and just wait to destroy someone in his next fight.
Gilbert Yvel - Go else where.
Paulo Thiago - Ben Saunders
Pat Barry - Cheick Kongo or Gabriel Gonzaga
Chuck Liddell - RETIRE!! or Tito Ortiz.

Other:
Mac Danzig & Matt Wiman - Rematch.

Here's what we do know...

Dana said David Loiseau is most likely going to be cut.

With Cro Cop, it could go either way. Everyone thought he'd retire after the Junior Dos Santos loss, and he was apparently on the verge of suicide, but after two impressive wins, he should keep going, he's enough of a name. The only thing is that his contract expired, and he's probably going to demand a lot of money to keep fighting. He also said that he wants to stay on with the UFC even in a front office position, and he'd be a key ambassador for the global expansion that they want to do. I think he should have one more fight with Nogueira.

Martin Kampmann is rumored to be fighting Dan Hardy in England in October.

Paulo Thiago needs a good rebound fight, and Carlos Condit has a lot of momentum right now. That fight would be a good way to see where they really stand in their division.

I'd have MacDonald fight someone who is a name, but is also on his way out. It's too bad they cut Frank Trigg, because seeing MacDonald destroy him would be a lot of fun.

Tyson Griffin still has a following, and is still a big name, but what he needs is also a fight that re-establishes him as a major force in that division. I think Sherk would have a good shot at beating him, and that could kill his stock completely. The Siver/Fisher loser would be a good fight for him. I think Evan Dunham's next fight needs to be against Jim Miller, who is a very underrated fighter, and very tough. He only has two losses and that's against Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard.

Ben Rothwell (Tim Sylvia Jr.) needs to be cut immediately, and I'd feed him to an up and coming heavyweight prospect who needs a credible win, or a big name in that division. Then, I'd cut him.

Gilbert Yvel will probably get one more chance. Dana really likes him, and he pretty much had Rothwell finished in the second.

Rich Franklin's going to be out for awhile, but a fight against either Rampage, Griffin, Couture, or Thiago Silva should be on tap for him next. Maybe even a rematch against Lyoto Machida as well.

Chuck Liddell is "guaranteed" by Dana to be done in the Octagon, but we'll probably get that Tito Ortiz fight.

With Cro Cop, it could go either way. Everyone thought he'd retire after the Junior Dos Santos loss, and he was apparently on the verge of suicide, but after two impressive wins, he should keep going, he's enough of a name. The only thing is that his contract expired, and he's probably going to demand a lot of money to keep fighting. He also said that he wants to stay on with the UFC even in a front office position, and he'd be a key ambassador for the global expansion that they want to do. I think he should have one more fight with Nogueira.

I think Cro Cop should retire, personally. He was twitching at the post fight pressed Saturday, and to me... that's all the signs I need to see to know that his fight career should be over. Check it out for yourself; for warned though... it's really depressing to see.

4t96pu.jpg

That said, I would LOVE to see Cro Cop get a front office position. It'd be great for him, and for the UFC. Hopefully that can get done.

Martin Kampmann is rumored to be fighting Dan Hardy in England in October.

Good fight, definitely. This should go down for sure.

Rich Franklin's going to be out for awhile, but a fight against either Rampage, Griffin, Couture, or Thiago Silva should be on tap for him next. Maybe even a rematch against Lyoto Machida as well.

Personally, I'd like to see Franklin get another shot at Belfort. However, if Franklin wants to stay at 205, then I think a fight against Randy Couture is the most likely option for his next fight. Remember, they were supposed to headline the UFC 115 card at first, but then it got pulled once Tito got injured. I think that's a fight the UFC still has a lot of interest in, because once Couture wipes the floor with Toney, he'll still need one more big win to get into title contention, and Franklin would be the perfect opponent for that.

Chuck Liddell is "guaranteed" by Dana to be done in the Octagon, but we'll probably get that Tito Ortiz fight.

Agreed. Chuck will be able to convince Dana to give him one last shot, and since Tito literally has zero stand-up, I'm not so sure just how fearful Dana would be to put Chuck in there with someone like him.

Winners

Mike Pyle - Give him James Wilks, they both are coming off wins on the same card, and it seems like a good fight, seeing at the positions both are in. ( Pyle being inconsistent, and James Wilks for not really being impressive, in his post TUF career)

James Wilks - Mike Pyle

Evan Dunham- Jim Miller, both are coming off wins,(even though Millers win over Bocek is questionable). He has proved himself time and time again though. This match could set the title contender after George S. and Pellingrino gets their fight to see who is near a shot.

Carlos Condit- Deigo Sanchez. Sanchez is coming off a huge loss, and Condit is coming of a nice comeback win. I would have placed Deigo much higher in the division until the Hathaway fight, and Condit has not really made any noise since his debut from WEC. After the win over Mcdonald, this would be a good way for Condit to make a name for himself as a possible contender at 170. This fight could also be a great rebound win for Sanchez if he pulled it out.

Ben Rothwell - Winner of Brendan Schaub and Chris Tuchscherer. After that awful performance, he should be regulated down to the undercard. The winner of that fight will be about on the same level with Rothwell in the division (Undercarders that with a nice win or two might get a opening spot on the card)

Martin Kampmann - I heard the Dan Hardy fight is pretty much going down, and I feel that is a great choice. Kampmann really surprised at 115, so a fight against a Hardy would get to show that he is a force at 170. For Hardy,it could be a fantastic way to keep relevant in the WW division. He has a long road back to a title fight, and this would be a good way to start the road back off.

Mirko Cro Cop- Assuming he don't retire, I want to see Nog-Cro Cop II. That would be amazing. I don't think I really need to explain why this would be epic, I think that alot of people are wanting this.

Rich Franklin - If Thiago Silva beats Tim Beotsch, then Thiago Silva. I think it would be a great fight. Thiago is still considered a pretty decent opponent at 205, and this would be a good way for Rich to prove that he is still a worthy fighter, and shouldn't be sent to the retirement circuit. For Thiago,it would eaisly be the biggest win of his carrer.

Losers

Jesse Lennox - Paul Taylor. A good fight for both. It would be Lennox's last chance at a ufc career. Paul Taylor is a awesome gatekeeper, who would probably lose, but he would make it a exciting loss, so he gets to stay on the roster.

David Loiseau - I like the Crow alot, but I think he gets cut after this one.

Tyson Griffin - Winner of Stevenson/Gomi. Both would be exciting fights, and whoever wins would well be on their way, to getting back up to relevance again.

Rory MacDonald - Mike Pierce. Rory looked great in the first two, and that fact that he is only 20 made him look even better. I know Pierce is coming off a win ,and Rory a loss, but I still feel that Rory deserves a fight with some tough competition.

Gilbert Yvel-Anybody that will stand and bang. He should be used in fights that will benefit the crowd only. He is never gonna beat anybody legit, so give him someone he can stand and throw with to entertain us. We don't want another Rothwell type fight on out hands.

Paulo Thiago - John Hathaway. A big step up versus a big step down. See who gets the spot in the middle and see where both these men stand in the division.

Pat Barry - Gabriel Gonzaga. Pat needs to fight someone who has some ground game. He can't fight people that only stand forever. He should take his sub losses and learn from them. I got a feeling that if he beats a BJJ guy he will get alot more respect, then if he beats another striker.

Chuck Liddell - I think he is done. Long live the Iceman

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back