• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's left for Brock Lesnar?

I'm sure you're not talking about the main event of Wrestlemania 31. I'm positive you're not talking about that match. You can't be talking about that match. Wait...you are talking about that match? That's Crocker-level stupidity right there. I hated the build and the fact that the match was going to take place but goddamn that was a better match than I ever expected. If you can't admit it then you're just lying to yourself.

Was it better than expected? Yeah. But that's like saying, "I expected my dog to die after that car hit him, but instead he was just crippled for life." I expected a 0 out of 10 and wound up with a 1. It's an improvement over the expectation, but it still sucks. It was still one of the worst matches in WrestleMania history.

A lot of people will watch the WWE Network tomorrow night to see Lesnar looking like a monster when he takes Big Show apart. Show will probably get a few licks in, but Lesnar will ultimately come out with the win and do it in a physically impressive fashion.

And hopefully in addition to that, they run an injury angle. Because Big Show could use some time off and when he returns, WWE can give him more of an Andre treatment, where he doesn't wrestle every show, and barely gets pinned, never taps out, and mostly gets featured in multi man and big tag team matches, but every once in a while gets in a big feud and wins.

I want to be able to take the Big Show seriously again

It makes me very happy to see so many people say it, but Brock has never faced Randy Orton.

All this Rock/Brock hype is cool for the casual fan but I've seen that before, and I'd assume most of the people in this forum has as well, because it happened in 2002. Brock vs Randy is the most fresh option for Brock in a world where rematches reign supreme. So he'll probably end up putting over Reigns for no reason, but I honestly think if they can rebuild Randy by WM they could put on one hell of a show. As a 12-champ, it wouldn't take much to rebuild his "steam"; just have him stop losing to Sheamus every other week and let him keep doing the most over finisher in pro wrestling - the RKO.

The situation Brock is in is very unique, he literally is too good for the roster. After a very poor 2012-2013 (I'm still mad he lost his re-debut match against Cena) they've turned him into the single biggest attraction in the industry in 2014-2015 and because of their lack of character development there is seemingly no one else in his league. I honestly can't think of any other time where that was the case, but this is the perfect time to put someone over and have them reach that new level. Bray Wyatt is a very good choice, he's been put in the spotlight before and held his own but never got a win. Brock v Wyatt family will produce absolutely magical promos and a hard-hitting match that is almost guaranteed to entertain.

Other than those two guys, I personally wouldn't be especially interested in his next feud. Unless it was a part timer like Sting or Austin.

Well, I'll admit I stole the idea from the main Wrestlezone main page:- "What’s Left For Brock Lesnar After Undertaker Debate On WZ Periscope at 4:30pm EST".

Since I'm more interested in a textual discussion, and have no idea how/when to access WZ periscope at 4.30 pm EST(I live in India), I've decided to ask you guys.

Obviously, Brock's done almost everything for a guy like Brock to do in the WWE today. He's beaten John Cena, HHH, The Undertaker(at WM). Now if this had been 2009, there'd still be a hell of a lot more to do- legends/veterans like Chris Jericho, Edge, Shawn Michaels, Batista(not exactly a veteran but still) to feud with. Don't get me wrong but the closest thing to Stars WWE currently has right now whom Brock has never extensively feuded with are Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, Dean Ambrose..that's it. I'm not sure there's anything remotely exciting or challenging or novel about Brock facing them. But imagine Brock Lesnar and Edge in a TLC match and a hell in a cell match back in 2009.

To sum it up, What do you think is left for Brock to accomplish or do in the WWE in terms of novel feuds and challenges?

What do you surmise might the WWE do with him, whom would they put him against, now that they've already done and redone Brock vs John Cena and Brock Vs The Undertaker ...?

Whom would you like, personally, to see Brock Lesnar feud with?

I'd want to see him feud with Cesaro, Bray Wyatt and Sheamus.

Cesaro - The way Cesaro and Heyman split last year, I wish Heyman would have turned on Cesaro. Could have a classic like Punk vs. Brock.

Bray - This could be the new age Taker vs. Brock. The promo work between Heyman and Bray would be great.

Sheamus - I think they could put on a great match. Brock could bring the best out of Sheamus.

Daniel Bryan - Would have been an interesting match if Bryan didn't suffer all the injuries, but as noted, it's a physical matchup few would believe in. And I certainly don't wish to see someone who has experienced a career-threatening neck injury get suplexed all over the shop. To be honest, post-Sting, I wouldn't really want to watch Bryan in a match with Seth Rollins either.

Steve Austin - Similar reasons. A neck injury even worse than Bryan's, and Steve is 50. Not a good idea.

Cesaro - What a match this would be, but how would they book it? Cesaro deserves a mega push, the guy has it. To see him dethrone Rollins would be my pick right now but a match against Lesnar down the line would be a hell of a spectacle.

Ryback - Don't shout me down, I know it may not be the most interesting match ever but Ryback's a physical beast, and even standing up to Lesnar could be star-making. The casual fan would believe in it. The only trouble is that it may remind people of a certain horrendous WM match.

Randy Orton - This would be my pick and I can't understand why they haven't done it yet. Lesnar vs Orton is money.

Kevin Owens - Far from ready but a monster heel Owens vs Lesnar, at some point down the line, would be incredible.

Samoa Joe - I'd love to see this before Joe and Lesnar retire.

Sheamus - Certainly far from against it, and in storyline terms, it books itself, especially if Sheamus eventually sides with The Authority.

Bray Wyatt - Not mad on this idea for some reason, although that's partly because I don't find Wyatt massively interesting in the ring. The promos would be pure gold though.

Cesaro - The way Cesaro and Heyman split last year, I wish Heyman would have turned on Cesaro. Could have a classic like Punk vs. Brock.

I've been a huge CM Punk fan but I found/find Punk more likeable for his personality/mic skills and his wrestling is nowhere near the level of Bret Hart, Kurt Angle or Chris "forbidden" Benoit. I don't know what it is about Punk, whether his build, his move set, but his matches with the likes of Jericho never really felt as good as lets say Jericho vs Benoit. Nonetheless, I'm not sure anyone considers Punk vs Brock a "classic". However, most people would agree on Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle a classic, and it is one. Another example being Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels or Shawn Michaels and Angle from Wrestlemania.

That being said, if anyone today has the potential to create a "classic" with Brock Lesnar, insofar as Mr. Brock Lesnar is interested in creating one, it's Cesaro. Can you imagine the number of suplexes in the match? It'd be crazy. They could even pull a 30-min match, a 30-min ironman/2outof3falls match, or a 60-min ironman match.
It could even be Daniel Bryan, but there's this size and believability factor that'd be a huge hindrance. I can't really see DB doing much to Brock besides kicks and flying kicks and suicide dives. Heck, CM Punk at 6 ft tall had done negligible manhandling to Brock in their summerslam match.

I honestly don't really know whats left for him but I think taking him away just reduces the depth of the current roster even more.

Lesnar needs to put someone over and create another star. Who? I don't know. I'm really down on the current roster. There's a shit load of in ring talent but there isn't enough personality.

There's still a few things for Lesnar.

I'm sure that at some stage down the line we'll see him against Rollins & Reigns again.

Cesaro & Wyatt are another two I'd like to see him against plus there's that match with Orton we have never seen.

Another Royal Rumble victory, short title reign, putting over a talent, still some things to do for Lesnar.

To me it's exactly the opposite. Brock Lesnar is a heel who happens to be portraying a babyface. Brock as a face just doesn't work, and never did. Brock should ALWAYS be a heel. Brock is only cheered because of his special attraction status. He's not a good babyface and doesn't have the potential to be one. Anyone who works against Lesnar, with the exception of the Wyatts, should be booked as the face, and Lesnar as the heel. The problem is that WWE refuses to put anybody over Lesnar, so all his matches are boring as hell because you know he's going to win decisively, unless it's a multi-man match. That and the fact that modern Brock Lesnar isn't a tenth the wrestler he was in 2002-2004.

That's only because you personally dislike Lesnar, as you state here in a previous post:

There are very few things in WWE that bore me as much as Brock Lesnar. I have zero interest in anything he does, and WWE's insistence on building the entire company around him makes me absolutely fucking sick. Lesnar's ego knows no limits, and will only be further inflated when he dumps another steaming load of feces all over whatever tiny shred of legacy Undertaker has left in another few weeks.

I just want Lesnar to go away. WWE is better off without Brock Lesnar, but they're too obsessed with him to see it.

That's the problem I've always tended to have with the ''oh, he's a natural heel argument'', it's more of a personal opinion than a fact as it's more often than not, based on a fundamental dislike of that performer rather than a cool handed analysis based on good judgement. You might not personally like Lesnar, but that doesn't mean he's an awful face.

WrestleMania 33 will probably be in Minnesota, and if that's the case Brock Lesnar will 100% be in the main event. He's from Minneapolis and it would be a huge deal for him to headline Mania there. Making long term plans or projections in the WWE is pretty difficult but I'm going to do it anyways.

At Hell in a Cell, Lesnar beats the Undertaker to settle their feud once and for all. From there he sets his sights on th Royal Rumble and regaining the World Title. He enters the Rumble and fucking tosses everybody around, completely learing the ring. Then out comes Roman Reigns and we have a bit of a rematch from last year's WrestleMania main event. Lesnar eliminates Reigns to win the Rumble, and Reigns is pissed.

At WrestleMania, Lesnar challenges Rollins for the WWE World Title. Last time, Rollins held onto the belt due to a no contest and since then he has done everything he can to retain the belt. So Triple H announces that at Mania Rollins will defend the Title against Lesnar in a Hel in a Cell match. Lesnar beat the Undertaker in the Cell, now he's coming for Rollins. Rollins is the classic chickenshit heel with nowhere to run. At Mania, Lesnar beats the fuck out of Rollins, suplexes him through the Cell wall. Rollins tries to escape the Beast by climbing up the Cell but Lesnar drags him down and he crashes through the announce table. Just when it looks like Lesnar has it won with an F5 in the center of the ring...here comes Roman Reigns. Spear. Lesnar gets up. Spear Lesnar gets up a little more slowly. Spear. Lesnar still pulls himself to his feet. Pedigree from Rollins to finish things off. 1, 2, 3. Seth Rollins beats Lesnar to retain...thanks to Roman Reigns.

The other option is to have Lesnar beat Rollins for the belt, only to get viciously attacked by Reigns after the match. Sheamus then cashes in MITB to steal the Title away from Lesnar. So now Lesnar is looking for revenge on Reigns, while at the same time he has the long term goal of beating Sheamus to win the belt back.

Reigns is mad that Lesnar took his spot in the WrestleMania main event, and he wants to prove that he is better than Brock Lesnar. You can write Lesnar off TV for a few months saying he suffered a rib injury for the spears, and that he's not medically cleared to compete. Eventually Lesnar retuns looking for Reigns and we get Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns announced for SummerSlam. During the build-up Reigns and Lesnar can get into a crazy brawl on Raw, and Lesnar re-injures his ribs. The doctors say Lesnar probably shouldn't compete, but he obviously doesn't give a fuck. So the WWE decides to waive responsibility for what might hapen and they make Lesnar vs. Reigns an Unsanctioned Fight at SummerSlam. Reigns goes over by exploiting the rib injury, but after the match he gets F5ed, and Lesnar walks out on his own power.

From there I think you move towards a triple threat match with Lesnar, Rollins and Reigns. Reigns of course has no love for Rollins, and he wants the belt, Rollins and Lesnar hate eat other because Rollins has robbed Lesnar now at a back-to-back Manias, and Reigns and Lesnar are of course still feuding. Either Reigns or Rollins wins by pinnng the other, so Lesnar doesn't take a fall.

Lesnar can return at the Rumble and either win it to set him up as a challenger at Mania 33 in his hometown agaisnt whoever is the Champion at that time, or to set up a feud using the Rumble somehow. Maybe Lesnar tears through a bunch of people, then one of the guys he eliminates comes back in and screws Lesnar over. Either way, Lesnar is in a prominent match at Mania 33 in Minnesota, and he goes over in front of his hometown fans. Lesnar vs. Sheamus, Lesnar vs. Orton, and Lesnar vs. Kevin Owens would all work. I'd even be alright with another Lesnar vs. Cena match at Mania 33, just because they are such huge stars and it's really the perfect WrestleMania main event matchup.

There are a few feuds left for Brock out there, but I would hope none of them are for the World Title. I would keep Brock away from the World Title unless you want that part time champion like last year that was a joke. I could see Brock and Stone Cold or Brock and Kevin Owens, the match with K.O. maybe a few years away. I see Brock and Stone Cold for WM32. I would like to see Brock just go away, or maybe put him in a feud with the Wyatts let them take him down. He should not be made to be unbeatable, no one should be accept maybe Big Show or Kane but WWE screwed that up.

That's only because you personally dislike Lesnar, as you state here in a previous post:

That's the problem I've always tended to have with the ''oh, he's a natural heel argument'', it's more of a personal opinion than a fact as it's more often than not, based on a fundamental dislike of that performer rather than a cool handed analysis based on good judgement. You might not personally like Lesnar, but that doesn't mean he's an awful face.

A babyface needs to have charisma and be able to connect to fans on his own. Brock Lesnar is less than useless on the mic and needs Paul Heyman to talk for him. His face run in 2002 to mid-2003 was an absolute disaster. This face run is working only because Lesnar has Heyman talking for him and is given underserved special attraction status.

A babyface needs to have charisma and be able to connect to fans on his own. Brock Lesnar is less than useless on the mic and needs Paul Heyman to talk for him. His face run in 2002 to mid-2003 was an absolute disaster. This face run is working only because Lesnar has Heyman talking for him and is given underserved special attraction status.

He gets cheered more than anybody else on the roster. He can't enter a building without Suplex City chants breaking out. The fans cheer him even when Heyman isn't there. He's a babyface. Whether it's because of his part-time status or Heyman is irrelevant. He get's cheered the most. He's the biggest babyface on the roster. End of discussion.

I'd like to see him in a feud with Bray Wyatt for that will bring the rest of the family and they have the size to match up with Brock. Brock outweighs Seth Rollins by more than 70 lbs which makes it really hard for them to have a creditable match.

He gets cheered more than anybody else on the roster. He can't enter a building without Suplex City chants breaking out. The fans cheer him even when Heyman isn't there. He's a babyface. Whether it's because of his part-time status or Heyman is irrelevant. He get's cheered the most. He's the biggest babyface on the roster. End of discussion.

Daniel Bryan.

The Undertaker.

Randy Orton.

Dolph Ziggler.

Dean Ambrose.

Right now, Kane.

Hell, to 50% of the audience, John Cena and Roman Reigns.

From audience reactions, Seth Rollins.

All just as over as Brock Lesnar, if not more. And without the need of a manager to generate a reaction.

"Suplex City" is more over than Brock Lesnar. Which is really, REALLY pathetic.

If Brock is suppose to be this big face than put him in the ring with Kevin Owens or a heel turned Roman Reigns. I also would like to see Brock/Rusev or maybe a heel turned John Cena, Brock should not be able to throw any of these guys around like a rag doll like he did when he took the title away from Cena last year.

Daniel Bryan.

The Undertaker.

Randy Orton.

Dolph Ziggler.

Dean Ambrose.

Right now, Kane.

Hell, to 50% of the audience, John Cena and Roman Reigns.

From audience reactions, Seth Rollins.

All just as over as Brock Lesnar, if not more. And without the need of a manager to generate a reaction.

"Suplex City" is more over than Brock Lesnar. Which is really, REALLY pathetic.

Oh God here we go. I'm going to say this once and than I'm going to go away. You're delusional man. I'm not even going to try and defend this argument. It's obvious the shit you say is completely subjective and all has to do with your hatred of Lesnar. Kane gets a better reaction than Lesnar? Ziggler? Ambrose? Orton? REIGNS AND ROLLINS? Give me a fucking break.

And oh of course Suplex City is more over than Brock Lesnar. Because a chant and a wrestler can't be popular at the same time right? No it MUST be the one time Brock Lesnar said Suplex City that got him over, even though fans went crazy for him before Mania 30. You sound just like those idiots who say Daniel Bryan and Austin were only over because of "What" and "Yes".

I try not to get pulled into your magnet of stupidity but sometimes it's just too damn hard.

There is plenty for Brock left to do. I guess the question is does he wanna put in the work to see that it gets done? His appearances are limited and so specific. So in the end, its all up to Brock.

As I have been saying for the past year. Put over Cesaro is a great feud as the next monster of the WWE! Cesaro Brock and Heyman could headline WM! Cesaro could get a major W and the title.
Im sure most people will think there are better people, but I think its time for Cesaro to be taken seriously and a program with Lesnar could do what JBL did for Cena.

Well, how many times has Brock Lesnar faced Seth Rollins/ Roman Reigns one on one? Has there been any HIAC match, Iron Man match, anything that defines a "rivalry" ? Remember the John Cena-Edge, Chris Jericho-Shawn Michaels, HHH-Rock rivalries? That's the definition of "extensive". And if I'm not mistaken, Brock hasn't even faced Seth Rollins in a one-on-one match yet, at RR15 it was a triple threat with Seth and Cena, at WM it was a triple threat involving Reigns. So there.

Wrestlemania sorta counts for his match against Reigns, and he had a 1v1 match with Rollins back at Battleground I wanna say? How many feuds in modern WWE are considered "extensive."

That being said Lesnar still has a feud with Orton left. That should be interesting, and yes they have fought before as Lesnar was the only wrestler to defeat all 4 members of Evolution before the stable was established. But a feud could be interesting, especially as a face versus face feud.

Also we could have a Batista feud if he's actually back.

An actual feud between Lesnar and Wyatt could be good as mentioned. Maybe now we could have that feud with Rusev. There's also a possible feud with the Rock. Granted I get there's not a lot of big names left, but that has less to do with Lesnar and more to do with the lack of big name stars in modern WWE.

There's still a few wrestlers left that could face Brock, but if we are talking Wrestlemania & SummerSlam worthy opponents, then there's not as many as some may think. Let's be honest..guys like Cesaro, Rusev, Sheamus, Ryback, and even Owens are not in Brock Lesnar's league. Therefore, it really wouldn't be believable. Especially when management doesn't do them any favors when they make Brock utterly destroy the real top guys like Cena, Reigns, Undertaker, and Rollins on ppv's like Mania and SummerSlam.

The guys who I think have a believable chance are...

Stone Cold (who is friends with Brock, and could work with him extensively on a Mania match that would protect Steve from injury)...but incredibly unlikely.

The Rock (obviously a marquee matchup that will sell out any stadium. They haven't wrestled in 13 years, and both have changed significantly since then...they're also good friends who could work at length together on a great in ring match to limit injury for Rocky)

Sting (has the Undertaker factor with the almost supernatural ability to take on the beast, but like the others above, needs to be careful taking high volume of suplexes)

Batista (imo, unlikely to return to the ring with everything going on for him in Hollywood, but would be my fav match against Brock...and Dave's personal fav dream match too)

Daniel Bryan (like the guys above, needs to be careful about potential injury with Brock's style, but would be a David vs Goliath match that could headline a Wrestlemania and be 100% believable with the fans behind him, and the belief he has in himself. Also, his style is different in that he almost uses his whole body as a weapon just throwing himself at his opponent constantly...could certainly throw Brock off balance and knock him off his feet)

Randy Orton (they'd have to make him the best Viper heel he's ever been. Turn the volume way up and the light all the way down making him as dark as he's ever been in order to make it interesting and believable. He's got the tools, and I think a feud with Brock would get him motivated to play the part)

Bray Wyatt (would be very interesting with the family behind him helping him out where they could. We've seen Taker strike fear into Brock, and I think the Wyatts could do even more the way they played mind games on Cena at Mania a couple years back...I'd absolutely be intrigued by this.)

Everyone else wouldn't be worthy of a top ppv match (Mania & Summerslam) with Brock..let's be real. He could work with them any other time of the year though in order to help push their careers, but not at these key times. Try marketing Brock vs any of those wrestlers besides the ones listed for Wrestlemania or Summerslam, and watch the ratings drop and tickets not sell out.

Next up for Lesnar should be the Wyatt family. They've
built Lesnar into this unstoppable monster that no one
wrestler is going to beat him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back