• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brock Lesnar going forwards

Justin Satiable

Pre-Show Stalwart
I, for one, am at peace with Taker's streak ending. Brock Lesnar is a legitimate beast and all-in-all it simply made sense that he would defeat an old haggered Undertaker. Not only did it make sense from that standpoint, but also from a booking standpoint, in my eyes. Brock Lesnar has just gained a level of heat that may be unprecedented. This guy just stole your dreams, that which you held dear.

What I want to ask now is what do you think we will see going forwards? Is this all a ploy to have Bryan overcome the ultimate heel Brock Lesnar, further cementing himself as king of the WWE? Is Cena going to throw his name back into the hat and try to stop the mighty Lesnar? Is this the start of a run of dominance for Brock?

Or do you think this will fizzle pointlessly and leave us all very disappointed?

Leave your opinions.

I've thought all along Lesnar is going to remain a part timer. Ending the streak buys him enough clout that it won't matter that he isn't chasing the title. I wouldn't be surprised if WWE (more than Brock even) wants Lesnar to start a streak for this current generation of fans. No one assumes he'll reach 22 consecutive, but having "a streak" as something to look forward to in WM seems such a staple now I can see WWE wanting to continue that.

I don't agree with it being lesnar. But if this was undertaker's call, who's to challenge that? Brock is the ultimate heel now and Bryan vs lesnar now is a huge money match.

The only money to be made is with Bryan vs. Lesnar.

And even then, the heat is blown if Bryan wins that match.

Lesnar would have to win that encounter and then go on a World Title reign for like a year or two for it to be worth it. A real old school super long reign.

And even then, that's veering into super cartoonish booking considering he has already taken big fat L's to Punk, HHH and Cena.

I'm assuming Taker called an audible during the match, and it's looked at as selfless for him to give up his streak, but it was an almost selfish thing to do.

I had no interest to see him face Sting, but he stole the only way for Cena to properly turn heel IMO. Wasted moment.

The only money to be made is with Bryan vs. Lesnar.

And even then, the heat is blown if Bryan wins that match.

Lesnar would have to win that encounter and then go on a World Title reign for like a year or two for it to be worth it. A real old school super long reign.

And even then, that's veering into super cartoonish booking considering he has already taken big fat L's to Punk, HHH and Cena.

I'm assuming Taker called an audible during the match, and it's looked at as selfless for him to give up his streak, but it was an almost selfish thing to do.

I had no interest to see him face Sting, but he stole the only way for Cena to properly turn heel IMO. Wasted moment.

Maybe i got it wrong, but if you are saying that lesnar lost to cena hhh and punk, you are wrong.

Lesnar won 2 of the 3 matches with HHH, won against punk, and yes...lost to cena but he dominated the entire match.

Lesnar breaking the streaking was a great move.

Crazy...was in disbelief but even more confused after the long silence after the 3 count. Weird.

I get that it's Brock and he's a monster so it's believable he ended it. Wish the match was better though...it really was bad. If it was a spectacular match and finish I think it'd be better received. The finishing sequence idea was good, but just like the match...it was slow, and sloppy.

I'd rather it be Brock than an up and comer that may not pan out later on. Brock could definitely use this to boost his mega heel persona and bring him back to the status he had when he first came back in 2012.

Not sure where the Undertaker goes from here though.

I get that it's Brock and he's a monster so it's believable he ended it. Wish the match was better though...it really was bad.

This is why the streak had to end. It's too visibly obvious that Taker doesn't have much tread left on those tires.

Maybe i got it wrong, but if you are saying that lesnar lost to cena hhh and punk, you are wrong.

Lesnar won 2 of the 3 matches with HHH, won against punk, and yes...lost to cena but he dominated the entire match.

Lesnar breaking the streaking was a great move.

Word?

Blurry memory then haha.

I still disagree with Lesnar being the guy to break it (only way for Cena to turn heel), but I was wrong about those match results.

The problem going forward can be summarized in two words "The Authority". The storyline hatred of Lesnar and definitely Paul Heyman was nearly as bad as their current issues with Bryan. There is always the notion that circumstances can turn the worst of enemies into uneasy allies. But if all of a sudden HHH is smiling at the notion of Lesnar beating Bryan and becoming the face of the WWE, then they spent half a year and 3 Lesnar/HHH matches wasting our time.

Well, regardless what most think. Taker wanted Lesnar to be the guy who beats him at WM, since Lesnar debuted in WWE.

You now have a monster heel, unstoppable, who crushed the most iconic superstar in his own backyard....CLEAN

This is what taker wanted, you could see in the match that he couldnt go at it, even lesnar slowed down and was more careful with his style.

It is what it is, the real pay off was the ending, the shocking ending, the silence, and the only thing you could hear was heyman screaming and saying "you did it! you did it!".

Firsts 2/3 of the match...slow with some nice thing here and there, the last 5 min were great. And the ending was amazing.

I would think that Taker has the clout to determine his own outcome. The delayed music and 21-1 made me think they had both outcomes ready to be cued up. During the match maybe Taker felt this is it, he has no more left, so he decided to let Brock take it, which would explain the delayed music. Then again, maybe it was planned all along, but I could see Taker making his mind up on the fly and giving the world and wwe a shocking moment.

The Beast goes on to not lose again this year but not winning the championship either because of a DQ or he doesn't get a shot then along comes Rock to tame the Beast at Mania 31

My thoughts...

Only a heel could have ended the streak. You were never going to turn undertaker face. And only someone who is a legit heel can carry the burden of beating the streak. Not Cena. Not HHH. Not michaels. Not punk. Not Bryan. Who in the WWE is the most legit heel? Throughout everything, no matter what... Lesnar and Heyman are bad to the bone, pure heels. Add on top of that 1) Lesnar is legit tougher than undertaker and 2) taker probably respects and wanted Lesnar to win... I think Lesnar was a great choice .

Listen, I love taker and the streak. But tonight was a shocker. Which, when everyone thought Lesnar wasn't a threat, is a good thing. I loved what they did tonight.

Moving forward I think nothing happens with Lesnar until SummerSlam. Maybe a squash match at Extreme Rules. But I think Bryan vs Lesnar for the title is a great match for summerslam and I bet Lesnar wins it too. Lesnar winning the title and going on a heel run is not a bad call here. And I think undertaker has his retirement match vs sting next year.

Overall, I think the only guy who can carry the heat and be believably bad enough and legit enough to end the streak was Lesnar. I thought there was a 0% chance of him winning tonight and I was shocked, and that's what made it a great moment for me. Keeping me guessing when I think I know better, it was a great wrestlemania in my book

Probably your future champ and likely to headline next year's Wrestlemania. I can't see them ending Taker's streak and not giving Brock a monster push. They got to have some big things planned for Lesnar going forward. If not, they were probably better off not ending the streak or letting somone like Roman Reigns do it.

I would think that Taker has the clout to determine his own outcome. The delayed music and 21-1 made me think they had both outcomes ready to be cued up. During the match maybe Taker felt this is it, he has no more left, so he decided to let Brock take it, which would explain the delayed music. Then again, maybe it was planned all along, but I could see Taker making his mind up on the fly and giving the world and wwe a shocking moment.

Honestly, i dont think that this was a call made up on the fly by taker. Yes it was his decision, but since day one.

This type of matches are set in stone very carefully.

then again, i loved the atmosphere when the ref hit the canvas for the 3rd time. The silence (even the annouce team) was priceless.

With the shock, disappointment and all the other depressing stuff now somewhat out of my system...

Here goes;

I don't expect Brock to return full-time, but it was a question on my mind that had Brock lost the match after such poor booking before it; what would he have to look forward to going forward playing the "Monster Heel"?

Also, during the match, it was clear that Taker was struggling somewhat and is truly on his last legs in terms of delivering in-ring classics with the Streak on the line.

Thus, after some thought about it; I can accept Lesnar as the one who breaks the streak, so long as he can repay the WWE in some way for giving him such an accolade, which has surely sealed him as a future HOF regardless of what happens for him career-wise going forward.

Lesnar's contract is only until WM31 as far as I can remember, thus I would truly show his Vicious, Monstrous side in his next feud as he will surely be riding a huge wave of momentum after this win and lots of heat as well.

That said; Others have said Daniel Bryan is a viable opponent, and he obviously is one of the better opponents to challenge Bryan for his championship going forward.

That said; I'll say that Brock either puts over Roman Reigns or Cesaro to legitimize either guy as a true Main Eventer at WM31 or later on if signs an extension.

The 21-1 wasn't delayed, the music was which is what WWE wanted, they basic ally did something to shock the whole Universe to even their own production team. Playing Lesnars music immediately would've eliminated that shock factor, the 21-1 on the screen people could care less. I don't think any audible was called and Heyman celebrating was the proof of it.

This is something I don't agree with at all. I'm not a fan of the streak ending but if it had to I don't see why Lesnar was the right choice. He's lost about half of his matches since returning and because I assume he'll come and go I don't see how he'll be able to carry that heat. I don't see what Lesnar had to gain from it. I'm trying not to shit all over it but this wasn't the right choice IMO. Not to mention Taker strikes me as a guy who values love and respect for the business and Lesnar doesn't care about it. It's baffling me I don't understand it and at this point I don't agree with it. It also doesn't help that the match was awful. I would have rather had Cena break the streak than Lesnar because none of it makes any sense to me.

Edit: Also bring in the fact he might not even be in the WWE past the next year. This is just absurd IMO. The Streak was above the title for the most part anyway what's left for Lesnar to do?

It was planned, there was no audible. The delay in music was simply to capture the reactions, some in utter shock of what they had just witnessed, others questioning if they indeed saw the pin happen or blinked and missed a shoulder popping up or something.

It was brilliant! That was by far the biggest OMG moment I've ever witnessed in wrestling history, even more so than the slam at WMIII. Everyone expected the streak never to end, sure Brock would beat Taker's brains in for 20 minutes, that was a given, but no one expected at this point for the streak to ever end.

As for why Brock? For the same reason HBK put Flair out to pasture, and for the same reason Undertaker put HBK out to pasture. Not to put over the other, but to end a career at the hands of an equally dominate name. It's better to burn out, than fade away.

I didn't think anything could overshadow Bryan winning the titles, I was wrong. Bryan won the belts, BFD! THE STREAK IS OVER!!!

This is something I don't agree with at all. I'm not a fan of the streak ending but if it had to I don't see why Lesnar was the right choice. He's lost about half of his matches since returning and because I assume he'll come and go I don't see how he'll be able to carry that heat. I don't see what Lesnar had to gain from it. I'm trying not to shit all over it but this wasn't the right choice IMO. Not to mention Taker strikes me as a guy who values love and respect for the business and Lesnar doesn't care about it. It's baffling me I don't understand it and at this point I don't agree with it. It also doesn't help that the match was awful. I would have rather had Cena break the streak than Lesnar because none of it makes any sense to me.

Edit: Also bring in the fact he might not even be in the WWE past the next year. This is just absurd IMO. The Streak was above the title for the most part anyway what's left for Lesnar to do?

He lost only 2, and won 4 (5 with tonight's).

And the two matches he lost, he completly dominated the entire fight, against cena and against hhh at wm last year.

I was never a fan of Brock vs Taker to begin with. Both of them are part timers and neither of them is known for cutting promos so it was all down to just Heyman, who was great as always. Given how old Taker is there was no way they were going to put on a match that could rival the quality of the Hell in a Cell at No Mercy 2002. Having said that I am glad the streak is over and while I would have preferred someone like Reigns to end it, this makes Brock look like the monster he was supposed to be since his return.

He lost only 2, and won 4 (5 with tonight's).

And the two matches he lost, he completly dominated the entire fight, against cena and against hhh at wm last year.

That makes it even worse no? My points still stand. Lesnar didn't need this to be added to his legacy whenever he's around he's always been the most dominant heel. He works three matches a WWE year right how can he maintain that heat disappearing for 3-4 months at a time? AND he might not even still be in the WWE a year from today and if he leaves it's wasted. He's already shown he doesn't care I just don't understand why this happened and at this point I don't agree with it happening this way

That makes it even worse no? My points still stand. Lesnar didn't need this to be added to his legacy whenever he's around he's always been the most dominant heel. He works three matches a WWE year right how can he maintain that heat disappearing for 3-4 months at a time? AND he might not even still be in the WWE a year from today and if he leaves it's wasted. He's already shown he doesn't care I just don't understand why this happened and at this point I don't agree with it happening this way

Im just pointing that the guy won most of his matches, and he dominated in all of them from start to finish.

And if you dont understand why this happen? Go and ask taker himself, because this was his call, all along. So if you respect the guy, respect his decision.

And using your logic, how can you know that wwe and lesnar didnt renew their contract and made it somewhat diferent? Just saying, i think that we are going to see a lot more of lesnar this year.

If they want to get Bryan over as a top babyface, they'll have him beat Brock at Extreme Rules. He could have two of the great cathartic underdog moments in WWE history in back to back months. Then Brock can go away for a while and come back and win the title at some point before next year's Mania.

If you're disappointed that a part timer ended the Streak, this is really what you should be hoping for. Brock gets the rub from the Streak, and that will never go away. But it would ultimately give an enormous rub to a guy that's going to be around for a long time.

I think that DB and Lesnar should not be facing one on one until at least Summerslam, and having lesnar win the title in the first match between the two.

From now on, the next loss for Lesnar should be one for the ages. And i dont think that will anytime soon, we will smash a lot of asses til then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back