• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's left for Brock Lesnar?

AegonTargaryen

Championship Contender
Well, I'll admit I stole the idea from the main Wrestlezone main page:- "What’s Left For Brock Lesnar After Undertaker Debate On WZ Periscope at 4:30pm EST".

Since I'm more interested in a textual discussion, and have no idea how/when to access WZ periscope at 4.30 pm EST(I live in India), I've decided to ask you guys.

Obviously, Brock's done almost everything for a guy like Brock to do in the WWE today. He's beaten John Cena, HHH, The Undertaker(at WM). Now if this had been 2009, there'd still be a hell of a lot more to do- legends/veterans like Chris Jericho, Edge, Shawn Michaels, Batista(not exactly a veteran but still) to feud with. Don't get me wrong but the closest thing to Stars WWE currently has right now whom Brock has never extensively feuded with are Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, Dean Ambrose..that's it. I'm not sure there's anything remotely exciting or challenging or novel about Brock facing them. But imagine Brock Lesnar and Edge in a TLC match and a hell in a cell match back in 2009.

To sum it up, What do you think is left for Brock to accomplish or do in the WWE in terms of novel feuds and challenges?

What do you surmise might the WWE do with him, whom would they put him against, now that they've already done and redone Brock vs John Cena and Brock Vs The Undertaker ...?

Whom would you like, personally, to see Brock Lesnar feud with?

Don't get me wrong but the closest thing to Stars WWE currently has right now whom Brock has never extensively feuded with are Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns...

Uh did you miss the last 10 months? Lesnar feuded with Reigns over the title at Mania and just recently feuded with Seth Rollins going into Summerslam. Unless we have different definitions of the word extensive.

To sum it up, What do you think is left for Brock to accomplish or do in the WWE in terms of novel feuds and challenges?

There's still the Rock/Brock feud that has yet to happen that will undoubtedly take place within the next few years. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Lesnar and Orton have ever faced each other so there's another program that likely should happen sometime after Mania. I have personal interest in Sheamus/Lesnar as I think that could be a really good fight... the match is possible now that Sheamus has the MITB briefcase. Also Stone Cold... I'm not losing hope until Mania 32 is over...

What do you surmise might the WWE do with him, whom would they put him against, now that they've already done and redone Brock vs John Cena and Brock Vs The Undertaker ...?

I think the next feud for Brock is going to be a huge one, because whoever it is will likely end up as his Mania opponent. This might make people bang their heads against the wall, but I honestly think it could be Austin. I just feel as if something really big is in the works for Brock, and the only other name I can think of is The Rock. Rumor has it that a major angle could take place during Austin's podcast interview with Lesnar coming up, so hopefully things become clearer afterwards.

If I had to choose one guy, it would be Austin. That's what I would personally love to see. In reality, I could see it being Roman Reigns and I wouldn't mind that either.

Uh did you miss the last 10 months? Lesnar feuded with Reigns over the title at Mania and just recently feuded with Seth Rollins going into Summerslam. Unless we have different definitions of the word extensive.

Well, how many times has Brock Lesnar faced Seth Rollins/ Roman Reigns one on one? Has there been any HIAC match, Iron Man match, anything that defines a "rivalry" ? Remember the John Cena-Edge, Chris Jericho-Shawn Michaels, HHH-Rock rivalries? That's the definition of "extensive". And if I'm not mistaken, Brock hasn't even faced Seth Rollins in a one-on-one match yet, at RR15 it was a triple threat with Seth and Cena, at WM it was a triple threat involving Reigns. So there.

As far Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton, I just find Randy Orton's attitude and manner lousy these days. He seems surfeited and there's really nothing viscious or viper-like about him. My point is, Randy Orton's washed-up. And character-wise, even John Cena has/had been the same for years but at least Cena-Lesnar felt epic, which I'm not sure could prove to be the same with Lesnar and Orton. I could be wrong.

I don't think Sheamus was anything more than a glorified upper-midcarder/midcarder who was made champion all too soon in an era with two world titles and departing veterans/stars(Edge, Taker, Shawn, etc). Brock Lesnar vs Sheamus would be something of a Lesnar-Mark Henry or Lesnar-Big Show(except that Sheamus has a different build), just a boring thing where Brock destroys Sheamus. Unless of course the WWE consider Sheamus worthy enough to be the guy who did what John Cena,The Undertaker, and HHH never could do. And I just won't buy that.

There are very few things in WWE that bore me as much as Brock Lesnar. I have zero interest in anything he does, and WWE's insistence on building the entire company around him makes me absolutely fucking sick. Lesnar's ego knows no limits, and will only be further inflated when he dumps another steaming load of feces all over whatever tiny shred of legacy Undertaker has left in another few weeks.

I just want Lesnar to go away. WWE is better off without Brock Lesnar, but they're too obsessed with him to see it.

You have to remember that WWE lost 8 years of Brock. They're effectively trying to make up for that. The avenues are endless, it's just a case of everything falling into place.

You have to remember that WWE lost 8 years of Brock. They're effectively trying to make up for that. The avenues are endless, it's just a case of everything falling into place.

You're forgetting that the 8 yrs of WWE not having brock was between 2004-2012, and like 60-70% of the feuds that could've happened in that period won't happen now. So how can you compensate for Brock-Edge, Brock-Benoit, or Brock-Jericho feud with a Brock-Seth Rollins feud? Get my drift?

Sure, Brock vs John Cena wouldn't have been nearly as good back in the 2000s had Brock still been around. Eight years later, it happened and this time John Cena was the mainstay and Brock was the badass beast.

WWE have already exhausted Brock vs Taker, Cena and HHH. And besides John Cena, the only major star from the 2000s whom Brock is yet to have a rivalry with is Randy Orton. Unless of course, you consider Kane to be good enough(Kane even goes back to the attitude era). Rest are just guys that debuted between 2009-2013. Whether it be Sheamus or Bray Wyatt or Ex-members of The Shield.

Lesnar against the Wyatt family could be interesting.

Depends if they have Lesnar get freaked out by Wyatt or just not care. It would mean the first person to overpower Strowman so perhaps hold off on that at the moment. Build Strowman up to be unbeatable before throwing Lesnar at him.

Rollins must be in for a proper 1 v 1 if he remains champ given WM cash in.

Cesaro would be a great match up with Lesnar

If Brock had remained a heel, there would be absolutely nothing left for him to do. As a good guy, there are a few possibilities left, but not many, which is one reason it's just as well he's a part-timer.

Problem is, WWE Creative has portrayed him as such an unstoppable monster that it eliminates most of the folks on the roster as possible opponents. As much as you may like Neville, do you want to see him tangle with Brock? Can you imagine what it would look like with Neville or Daniel Bryan standing in the ring and seeing Lesnar in the other corner? Plus, those two are faces, so they're not going to be matched with Brock, anyway.

Sheamus has the body to handle a contest with Brock, but how much interest would there be in seeing them battle?

Other possibles? Bray Wyatt could physically take Brock's roughness and if he and his buddies can build a decent program with Brock, that match-up might work.

Batista, if he ever comes back, could have a pretty high profile match with Lesnar. This time, there would be no pretense of Batista being a face, and none would be needed since Brock already is one. Question is, would Batista job to Brock?

Randy Orton? Possibly, if he turns bad again. Really, he's a born heel who happens to be portraying a face. Still, at this point in his career, I don't know if he can inspire enough interest in a feud with Brock, which would have been an unthinkable concept a few years ago.

Finally, I'd like to see Brock Lesnar in a superfight against a heel John Cena.....this time, with Cena giving a much better account of himself than in their last two matches. I don't know that WWE will ever get around to turning Cena bad, but what a spectacle the two of them could put on if they did.

If Brock had remained a heel, there would be absolutely nothing left for him to do. As a good guy, there are a few possibilities left, but not many, which is one reason it's just as well he's a part-timer.

Problem is, WWE Creative has portrayed him as such an unstoppable monster that it eliminates most of the folks on the roster as possible opponents. As much as you may like Neville, do you want to see him tangle with Brock? Can you imagine what it would look like with Neville or Daniel Bryan standing in the ring and seeing Lesnar in the other corner? Plus, those two are faces, so they're not going to be matched with Brock, anyway.

Sheamus has the body to handle a contest with Brock, but how much interest would there be in seeing them battle?

Other possibles? Bray Wyatt could physically take Brock's roughness and if he and his buddies can build a decent program with Brock, that match-up might work.

Batista, if he ever comes back, could have a pretty high profile match with Lesnar. This time, there would be no pretense of Batista being a face, and none would be needed since Brock already is one. Question is, would Batista job to Brock?

Randy Orton? Possibly, if he turns bad again. Really, he's a born heel who happens to be portraying a face. Still, at this point in his career, I don't know if he can inspire enough interest in a feud with Brock, which would have been an unthinkable concept a few years ago.

Finally, I'd like to see Brock Lesnar in a superfight against a heel John Cena.....this time, with Cena giving a much better account of himself than in their last two matches. I don't know that WWE will ever get around to turning Cena bad, but what a spectacle the two of them could put on if they did.

To me it's exactly the opposite. Brock Lesnar is a heel who happens to be portraying a babyface. Brock as a face just doesn't work, and never did. Brock should ALWAYS be a heel. Brock is only cheered because of his special attraction status. He's not a good babyface and doesn't have the potential to be one. Anyone who works against Lesnar, with the exception of the Wyatts, should be booked as the face, and Lesnar as the heel. The problem is that WWE refuses to put anybody over Lesnar, so all his matches are boring as hell because you know he's going to win decisively, unless it's a multi-man match. That and the fact that modern Brock Lesnar isn't a tenth the wrestler he was in 2002-2004.

What do you think is left for Brock to accomplish or do in the WWE in terms of novel feuds and challenges?
The only things Brock Lesnar has left to accomplish is become the ½ of the WWE World Tag Team Champions, the United States Champion, the Intercontinental Champion, and finally, Mr. Money In The Bank.

What do you surmise might the WWE do with him, whom would they put him against, now that they've already done and redone Brock vs. John Cena and Brock vs. The Undertaker...?
I’d don’t know what the WWE will do with him, but I can only assume big things for the “current Big Thing”.

I’d like to see Brock Lesnar feud with Kevin Owens for the Intercontinental Championship Title Belt, and John Cena for the United States Championship Title Belt. I'd also like to see the return of the the Minnesota Stretching Crew (Brock Lesnar and Shelton Benjamin) and feud with the New Day for the WWE World Tag Team Championship Title Belts.

To me it's exactly the opposite. Brock Lesnar is a heel who happens to be portraying a babyface. Brock as a face just doesn't work, and never did. Brock should ALWAYS be a heel. Brock is only cheered because of his special attraction status. He's not a good babyface and doesn't have the potential to be one. Anyone who works against Lesnar, with the exception of the Wyatts, should be booked as the face, and Lesnar as the heel. The problem is that WWE refuses to put anybody over Lesnar, so all his matches are boring as hell because you know he's going to win decisively, unless it's a multi-man match. That and the fact that modern Brock Lesnar isn't a tenth the wrestler he was in 2002-2004.

I agree with that concept and feel the reason WWE management turned him face in the first place was because there was little left for him to do as a heel.

The company still wants him......and wants him to remain a unstoppable force....so the only move left to them was to give him a change of attitude so he'd have some new people to square off against. That Brock doesn't fit as a good guy was apparently not as important to them as finding folks for him to work with.

And if I'm not mistaken, Brock hasn't even faced Seth Rollins in a one-on-one match yet, at RR15 it was a triple threat with Seth and Cena, at WM it was a triple threat involving Reigns. So there.

Uh, they went one-on-one in the main event at Battleground. Like, 2 or 3 months ago.

Lesnar and Reigns have some unfinished business that I suspect will come back up again at some point in the future. Their Mania match rocked and with Reigns continuing to get better and better, I salivate at the idea of a rematch at say, WM33?

That said, Lesnar still has the better part of 3 years remaining on his contract still. Lots of time to build up some new guys to face down the line.

Brock Lesnar never feuded with Randy Orton, Sheamus, Austin, Batista, Kane etc.

But with today's stupid low-level programming, even if they made it happen it wouldn't be half as entertaining as it would've 10 years ago. So i rather pass on all of it.

Look, as long as people are paying to see Brock, and as long as Brock gets paid, WWE "creative" will book Brock against a broomstick. The only thing Lesnar gives a damn about is the zeros after the first digit on his paycheck. Furthermore, other than Lesnar, who is the attraction? Cena? Owens? Rollins? Cena is not a draw anymore. Owens is not there yet. Rollins could draw fire if he was a target at a Marine sniper range. Reigns is a joke. They have no choice but to give Lesnar someone, ANYONE, to make up the numbers. Had Lesnar not been the card, the real fear was that WWE would have the lowest Garden crowd in a generation, which would have been a real tragedy. I remember the Garden packed to the rafters. However, I remember in the 80's where whole areas were closed off with only 6-7000 in attendance. So, Lesnar is on the card, and they gave him Big Show. As long as he gets money, Lesnar will wrestle a tin can.

Brock Lesnar never feuded with Randy Orton, Sheamus, Austin, Batista, Kane etc.

But with today's stupid low-level programming, even if they made it happen it wouldn't be half as entertaining as it would've 10 years ago. So i rather pass on all of it.

With today's piss-poor booking, we're most likely going to get a rematch between Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns. We only had to sit through Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Lawrence Taylor once, but it looks like the other most horrid WrestleMania main event in history will get a do-over.

Brock Lesnar is a "special attraction". That means everything he does is kinda special. He shows up once in a while and creates instant mainevent. I mean, look at Big Show now. Guy who was basically someone who would be there to bore people is allready more relevant then years before.

That being said anyone on the roster could use that kind of rub. Think of how Reigns looked after that good match at Mania eventhough most people hated him for just being there. Think of Rollins and his tripple threat at Rumble. With that kind of exposure anyone on the roster can look credible for mainevent. So think of people like Owens, Sheamus Rusev, Strowman. Think of people like Orton, Reigns, Ambrose, Bryan if he turns heel. Anyone now and at some point in future can use that kind of exposure of being in match with Brock. And if WWE is smart they will bank on it. :)

There's a lot of names being bounced back of names in which Brock can enter a program with, but if there's one thing that Lesnar has "left to do" that will strengthen his legacy, I'd have to say it'd be main eventing Monday Night Raw. If you want the value of Brock to grow, he needs to go one on one with Monday Night Football. I don't mean announcing him a week ahead of time for a contract signing or special appearance. Raw needs to spend a few weeks to hype an upcoming Main Event MATCH featuring Brock Lesnar.

Much like when The Rock had a mini-feud with Hurricane en route to his match with Stone Cold at WrestleMania (XIX?), Brock could be distracted during a PPV building feud and be forced to detour Suplex City to Monday night. Can you imagine what such a feud would do to the stock of someone like Cesaro? People will tune in to see Lesnar whip some punk, but end up seeing another ridiculous athlete swing Lesnar around like a toy! Better yet, imagine a first time audience seeing that ridiculous Herculean Apron Suplex for the first time, to Brock Lesnar of all people.

I know as time goes on, we seem to get farther and farther away from Lesnar vs Cesaro, and it may be a pipe dream at this point. I just think if they ever go for it, it should happen on Raw for both Lesnar and Cesaro's sake. Cesaro gets turned into a star, and Lesnar faces off, and maybe takes a dent out of Monday Night Football's audience.

Can you imagine what such a feud would do to the stock of someone like Cesaro? People will tune in to see Lesnar whip some punk, but end up seeing another ridiculous athlete swing Lesnar around like a toy! Better yet, imagine a first time audience seeing that ridiculous Herculean Apron Suplex for the first time, to Brock Lesnar of all people.

I know as time goes on, we seem to get farther and farther away from Lesnar vs Cesaro, and it may be a pipe dream at this point. I just think if they ever go for it, it should happen on Raw for both Lesnar and Cesaro's sake. Cesaro gets turned into a star, and Lesnar faces off, and maybe takes a dent out of Monday Night Football's audience.

I can't even begin to imagine how fucking amazing that would be. And I don't even like the adjective amazing. I say this with my heart, Cesaro's probably the greatest modern-day overall wrestler, and by overall, I mean he's a step above the likes of Daniel Bryan(no offence DB fans). Just look at the guy. Look at his physique, his in-ring ability, his chiseled face. I watched the last part of his match with Bo Dallas from Main Event this week, and I was totally entranced(I'm someone who hasn't watched Raw/WWE in a year, and not regularly for years). I wondered, "This is a guy that's more handsome and athletic than John Cena, Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar combined, and it's a shame he's not WWE WHC/main eventer already. Fuck them.They don't think his mic skills are good enough? "

Nonetheless, yeah, Lesnar vs Cesaro on Raw, or Lesnar vs Cesaro at WM is something that ought to happen. If anyone can believably equal, if not surpass the WM19 main event(I believe Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar from WM19 is probably, arguably the greatest WM main event/WWE championship match ever), it's Cesaro and not Daniel Bryan. And Randy Orton just doesn't have it(though he has been a nice talent). To sum it up, Cesaro is awesome. What a damn shame they haven't utilized him. Shouldn't it have been him throwing 25 guys from the top ring and won the Royal Rumble?

There are very few things in WWE that bore me as much as Brock Lesnar. I have zero interest in anything he does, and WWE's insistence on building the entire company around him makes me absolutely fucking sick. Lesnar's ego knows no limits, and will only be further inflated when he dumps another steaming load of feces all over whatever tiny shred of legacy Undertaker has left in another few weeks.

I just want Lesnar to go away. WWE is better off without Brock Lesnar, but they're too obsessed with him to see it.

LOL. I can see where you're coming from, but trust me when I say this, Brock Lesnar is one of those rare things which pro wrestling really needs right now and has needed for years now. We get it. He's terrible on the mic and doesn't really have any personality(except maybe that of a North Dakota, or was it Nebraska?, farm boy), beyond his "I'm a badass and I kick ass" thing. Perhaps even his attitude towards pro wrestling isn't all that positive. Nonetheless, I believe Brock vs Cena at Extreme Rules is one of the best matches ever. Some of his segments involving Vince McMahon/HHH/Cena were good too.

I've found Daniel Bryan utterly boring on the mic and as a maineventer but even I liked his match against HHH at Wrestlemania and I wouldn't really want him to just "go away". At least now that everyone isn't bombarding arenas with "YES" chants like a bunch of dumb apes anyway.

Lesnar vs Orton, Lesnar vs Sheamus, Lesnar vs Wyatts, Lesnar vs Owens - the feuds i'd like to see, some for story, some for matches, some for promos alone (imagine Heyman vs Bray mic duel)

In termas of other things, Lesnar as MitB holder will be something to pay attention to, not only this will go well with his shedule, but the possibily of title change at any moment (because Brock sure will win) will give the fans 1 more reason to watch

With today's piss-poor booking, we're most likely going to get a rematch between Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns. We only had to sit through Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Lawrence Taylor once, but it looks like the other most horrid WrestleMania main event in history will get a do-over.

I'm sure you're not talking about the main event of Wrestlemania 31. I'm positive you're not talking about that match. You can't be talking about that match. Wait...you are talking about that match? That's Crocker-level stupidity right there. I hated the build and the fact that the match was going to take place but goddamn that was a better match than I ever expected. If you can't admit it then you're just lying to yourself.

As far as the OP is concerned, I think there's definitely a lot left for Brock Lesnar. Matches with Orton, Rock, Reigns, Bray, and a number of other people. Not to mention that Lesnar still has almost 3 years on his contract. Who knows who's going to break out between now and then and get a shot at The Beast.

Brock Lesnar can feud with Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt, Dean Ambrose, Kevin Owens, Cesaro, Sheamus, The Rock, and Daniel Bryan. You can also count on some rematches. There's a LOT left for Lesnar to do in WWE.

Exactly.

It's tragic how Sheamus has the body(not physique) to seem congruent in a match against Lesnar and Daniel Bryan has the skills but is really REALLY tiny as compared to Lesnar. One can't even compare him with Kurt Angle 'cause despite Kurt's stature(5'10), and it's my opinion, physically he ALWAYS seemed uncannily congruous with guys like HHH, The Rock and later Lesnar, and not at all out of place.

Brock vs Bray Wyatt would be fun. Totally.

I'm not so sure I'd be half as excited for an Orton-Lesnar rivalry as heel Cena-Lesnar rivalry until and unless they bring back the vicious, almost palpably vicious and hostile Randy Orton from 2007-2009. But I think Orton was really hungry back then and one wonders if hunger, passion and desire can be replicated or recreated?

But a heel John Cena vs face Brock Lesnar would be magical, almost like how The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin wrestlemania feuds were so different and distinctively exciting all three times!

The way I see it, there are 4 things left for Lesnar to do

1. Resolve issue with Rollins
2. Resolve issue with Reigns - Neither man won at Mania
3. Title Run
4. Legendary matchup - A retirement match with Rock, Austin or another previous rival is still on the cards

Not necessarily in that order but if he did that over the next 1.5 years till Mania 33 ending with the retirement match it would be a good run.

As has been said, Lesnar is a special attraction and people tune in whenever Lesnar's around doing something. A lot of people will watch the WWE Network tomorrow night to see Lesnar looking like a monster when he takes Big Show apart. Show will probably get a few licks in, but Lesnar will ultimately come out with the win and do it in a physically impressive fashion.

I get that some people are resentful of the guy because he doesn't particularly care about anything; I'm a little resentful of it myself to be honest. However, I know there's nothing I can do about it, so I might as well at least try to enjoy it and, for the most part, I have. Whenever Lesnar's been about, WWE's had very little trouble generating interest in what he's doing, so I don't see why it'd be a problem doing it for Sheamus, Cesaro, Owens, Reigns, Orton, Bryan, having Lesnar win MITB or the Royal Rumble, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back