What WWE should do with Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania and beyond....

Vintage Punk

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ok let me first start this thread saying this is my opinion and may not be yours. I'm going to play fantasy booker here on something I would like to see happen. Also I am in no way thinking Roman is a main event guy as he is right now nor do I absolutely hate the guy. I do think he is a good worker however, I believe there are many in the company that are better than him in the ring, on the mic, or both. I just hate the way he is booked to be a face when fans clearly view him in a heel manner. Now, I would rather have AJ/Shinsuke main event in a knock down drag out hell of a 5 star match or if Taker vs Cena (career vs career) match happens, then maybe main event and give Taker (American Badass version) a final, proper send off. However, if WWE is intent on having Brock vs Roman main event, here is what I would do:

To freshen things up and not just have a shower of boos closing the show, as I think we all believe about 99% Roman is winning, they need to turn him heel. Now some say he should turn the next night on Raw, however, I believe it should be at Mania. I would have them put on a hard hitting match and have Heyman get involved screwing Brock over. Reigns wins and embraces Reigns with Brock bewildered and beaten. It would set up the whys for Reigns and Heyman the next night on Raw with fans tuning in on why this happened.

On Raw, I'd have both Reigns and Heyman come out and have Heyman explain that he saw the writing on the wall with Lesnar leaving again to the UFC. Where would that leave him, without being able to advocate for anyone and basically Brock ditching him first to go back to UFC where Heyman wouldn't be needed or used. Have Heyman talk about how Roman is the future etc etc and hype him up. Then have Reigns get on the mic and add some realism where he asks the crowd and fans why they always booed him and saying he tried to be the good guy but wasn't accepted. Maybe he needs Heyman, he doesn't know what else to do as all he's ever wanted was to make the fans happy. Maybe have him give a story of fans saying or doing something really bad or saying something to his family. Then say Heyman has always respected his talents and saw that he is "the guy" yada yada. But he should do this like this was last resort with Heyman and being mad at crowd was the last thing he wanted.

Now to setup the next feud, have Rollins come down to the ring and do the "Roman what are you thinking, don't do this, don't listen to this snake, he's using you as a meal ticket" thing. Have Roman actually contemplate like maybe Seth is right and acting like listening to Heyman wasn't the best choice. Have him embrace with Rollins only to superman punch him, kick on the ground, then get him up and spear him. Just brutally beat him. Then get back on the mic and totally shit on the crowd saying he never liked them and they can kiss his ass and everyone in the back can do the same if they don't like it either. Mic drop cue the music. I would look into giving him some newer music as it's been the tired old Shield song forever.

Having him be a real heel will setup future feuds with Rollins, Strowman, Balor, a maybe incoming AJ, etc. Then later I'd save Ambrose return for Raw after a PPV down the line when Rollins and Reigns feud done which might be around time Dean is coming back anyways, and I'd have Roman attacking Rollins again with chair and Ambrose returns but instead of saving Seth, turns on him and aligns heel with Roman creating feud with Rollins while Roman moves on to feud with next opponent maybe Strowman who can take belt away at Summerslam. Anyways, just my thoughts, sorry so long. Good day

Winner winner chicken dinner.

I don't like Reigns nor do I hate him. I almost feel bad for the guy and the situation he's in. I think this would be a great story arc and I think it would really go a long way in creating a new super heel that WWE hasn't had since Seth Rollins/Authority days.

I love it OP. I would have turned him heel against Rollins already but if done right at Mania, it would be perfect.

Ok Roman wins the title, no one wants to see that. Vince can be smart about this. Since he wants the title on Roman so bad, do it, just not clean. Have Heyman help out Roman. It would give Vince what he wants, and the fans at least something to tune into the next night.

I doubt any of this happens, and Roman will likely win with a spear in the middle of the ring. Get boo'd but climb the ropes holding the title up like a face would anyway and that would be that.

Personally, i wouldn'T turn him heel right now. Anyway is their really such a thing as heel and babyfaces in modern wrestling. If you boo somebody then to you he's a heel and if you cheer somebody then he a babyface, that's seem the modern wrestling model is.

Plus by switching him, you're not really changing anything because fans that boo him will start cheering him and fans that cheers for him will start to boo him so your stuck in the same place anyway. Let him be the middle of the road guy he is right now, it seem to work pretty well for him anyway.

Personally, what i would do with him is simple, have him win the title from Lesnar which he will gets a pretty decent 50/50 reaction to it

Then let him go through the raw after mania crowd who's going to boo him anyway because at this point is the cool thing to do and just let him be the champion until summerslam. You could have him maybe wrestle finn balor at backlash since they have pretty good chemistry between the two. Then go into a feud with whoever the big name from smackdown is that's getting traded to raw on the next ppv and then have him feud with Strowman over the summer with Strowman winning the title at summerslam in some sort of stipulation match.

Anyway, the thing is, what they wanted didn't happened mostly because of bad timing on their part, but they got something decent out of it, they got another tweener that make them money so why change it when this version works pretty well and it would change a thing if they change is personna in the end.

It's better than what I expect to happen. My first issue is what is how much is Heyman willing to work and how much is Vince willing to pay him without representing Lesnar? I would think a heel Reigns is worth paying the extra money to Heyman. Heyman would make a terrific "manager/advocate" for Reigns. The story is perfectly logical.

My other issue is what does this mean for Lesnar? If he is gone than it is easy, if he re-signed, you either have to "injure" him to keep him off TV or he will have to seek vengeance on Heyman and Reigns.

I don't know, in a perfect world it certainly works as a heel Reigns with a mouthpiece is something that makes too much sense but there are so many unknowns that it is hard to say if this is all possible.

Personally, i wouldn'T turn him heel right now. Anyway is their really such a thing as heel and babyfaces in modern wrestling. If you boo somebody then to you he's a heel and if you cheer somebody then he a babyface, that's seem the modern wrestling model is.

Plus by switching him, you're not really changing anything because fans that boo him will start cheering him and fans that cheers for him will start to boo him so your stuck in the same place anyway. Let him be the middle of the road guy he is right now, it seem to work pretty well for him anyway.

Personally, what i would do with him is simple, have him win the title from Lesnar which he will gets a pretty decent 50/50 reaction to it

Then let him go through the raw after mania crowd who's going to boo him anyway because at this point is the cool thing to do and just let him be the champion until summerslam. You could have him maybe wrestle finn balor at backlash since they have pretty good chemistry between the two. Then go into a feud with whoever the big name from smackdown is that's getting traded to raw on the next ppv and then have him feud with Strowman over the summer with Strowman winning the title at summerslam in some sort of stipulation match.

Anyway, the thing is, what they wanted didn't happened mostly because of bad timing on their part, but they got something decent out of it, they got another tweener that make them money so why change it when this version works pretty well and it would change a thing if they change is personna in the end.

Kind of yes in modern wrestling, but not really. THe fans boo faces. Cena is an example. If you keep booking them against heels though, you are a face. I know nothing exciting will happen at Mania. It never really does. Just hope for a decent match and then Roman calling himself the champ the next night during boo's and the next big heel to challenge him.

Love the thought process by Vintage Punk, however Roman will not turn heel. Instead the best we can hope for is a "tweener Roman." More aggressive with heel traits but still pushed as the face of the company.

Vince loves guys he can put on GMA, or the Late Show, or ring the NYSE bell. Full heels don't do that. He also believes the days of the true heel, sands maybe Jinder & KO are gone. Samoa Joe, Rusev, Miz, all "heels" but they get a lot of cheers. Only if fans can't relate to you aka Sheamus or Jordan, do fans really seem not to embrace the heel more than the faces.

I think you will see tweener Reigns after Wrestlemania. Dude with a chip on his shoulder. Love me or hate me I'm the Champ I earned it and this is my yard. Screw everyone. Leads directly into a fued with Rollins to get him booed, then Samoa Joe, to get him cheered, then maybe Lashley to get IDK.....while saving Reigns for next year Wrestlemania vs Stroman or AJ if he switches brands.

I absolutely believe AJ vs Shinske should close the show with Charlotte vs Asuka before the main event. Those are dream matches and will be interesting to see if Vince will allow a foreign import to go over his WWE Superstars? I know AJ was great before the WWE machine but he is truly one of the few imports that Vince has moved deservedly so to the top of the card.

However, Raw is the A show, so Reigns/Lesnar will close with Triple H & Rousey hogging up the spotlight before the show closer.

I'm hoping for change, but I doubt it.

Probably ME Wrestlemania, he is winning the title (if Lesnar does not resign). Styles is switching brands and Finn and the Club probably are also going to SD.
My plans for PPV:
Backlash: Roman vs Joe
MITB: Roman vs Owens
Extreme Rules: Roman vs Bray or Matt
Summerslam: Roman vs Rollins (some babyface and not AJ) (wins with the Usos assist)
Hell in a Cell: Roman vs Strowman (babyface cash in), he lose the title then
Close to a 6 month reign, and build Cena vs Roman for WM.

Actually pretty interesting idea, OP!

Yet again, a intriguing storyline and twist of fate that would surely cause interest in the program, but is one of those things that I don't think WWE does anymore because "it's too risky."

I wish WWE would be more gutsy and use what the have and the reactions they are getting to intensify those reactions by making certain characters more polarizing and thus giving more reason for fans to tune in to see what will happen.

See, you have two scenarios that come out of WM this year with Roman.

Scenario #1: The one which we can all pretty much see coming ... Roman beats Lesnar clean and becomes Universal Champion. Sure, the match will be intense and have lots of false finishes, but Roman will prevail. He will get the confetti and stand in the ring holding up the title for all to see. He's had that "big dog" swagger for a while now, so he won't become all babyface or anything, but he won't have shown any serious change in character. He'll just be half boo/half cheer Roman Reigns.

He'll go on to Raw the next night, Champion celebration, lots of boos, he'll respond to them similar to last time "I'm the big dog, this is my yard, too bad if you don't like it!" That's how he's been for a while now. Not really heel, not really babyface. To anyone who dislikes him, he's just the same "guy who is getting a big push" character. So fans will either just get tired of that and tune out, or maybe keep watching with half interest.

OR

Scenario #2: Just what the OP said! Roman uses dirty tactics and uses Heyman in a BIG turn of events to win the Universal Title at WM! At this point MOST of the crowd will be in shock and boo him home. But, that's what will DRAW BIG! What fan at that point would NOT want to tune in next night to see what the hell happened to Roman and what is coming next for him!?

Then, as the OP said, Roman will explain himself and he'll get challenged and now, there is a fresh new storyline for the top title in WWE and now Roman will be a clear heel and can let all the boos reign (no pun intended) down on him and this will allow a babyface to emerge even brighter. Rollins can do the roll of top babyface pretty well, I say, and others can join him, perhaps AJ Styles switching from SmackDown and Braun Strowman, of course, is an exception to "straight heel or straight face" because he's an anomaly. He's truly unique and can be treated as such and be a main event attraction.

What is the cost for WWE doing this?

Well, yeah, a full heel Roman means he can't go on the morning and night shows to promote WWE and can't be a guest on UpUpDownDown because a full heel on those shows, especially a hot heel is just a little too much breaking kayfabe.

But, what would be so bad about that? Honestly little promos like that on morning and night shows I can't believe HAVE to be done by the top champion or they don't work. I think would work better is having really intense and intriguing storylines consistently in WWE so word-of-mouth promotion amongst people increases and they get more people watching.

I don't really see much problem with Roman turning full heel other than Vince being sad that Roman won't be his top babyface. Which, to me, seems like being pretty short-sighted. Look at Seth Rollins - worked a top heel right after the Shield betrayal and then turned back to babyface and a nice, solid fan base and support as a babyface.

So an ACCEPTED Roman babyface can be possible... I just think he needs to go full heel first for a while and then a year or two down the road there should be an opportunity for him to turn back as babyface.

WWE just don't seem to do these big turns anymore. I'd like to be surprised by something. Maybe this WM ... maybe ...

I like it. I'm of the opinion that WWE should have long since just embraced the fact that Reigns was gonna get booed and just run wild with it. Have him be an asshole, have him take away the sign of some kid at ringside, tear it up, wipe his ass with it and throw right back at the kid, have him jump guys backstage just because he can, have him even interfere in matches every so often that have nothing to do with him just because he feels like it.

Roman Reigns isn't going to be embraced at the superhero Vince McMahon wants, it's something he should've long since figured out by now and it's ridiculous the way that he stubbornly holds onto ideals that everyone from fans, wrestlers, the creative team and company executives have informed him in some way, shape or form just won't go where he wants it to the way he wants it to.

I've had a storyline in my mind for a while now, here is how it goes

Summerslam main event is Reigns vs Rollins, Rollins is about to win, before Usos comes down, helps Reigns win and they all turn heel. Forming the Roman Empire. The Usos are RAW Tag Champions at this point.

RAW post Mania, The Roman Empire is about to beat up Rollins, then Ambrose returns and helps Rollins. At Hell In a Cell, Ambrose and Rollins wins the RAW Tag titles of Usos, Reigns does NOT defend his Universal title at this PPV, he is Usos corner.

TLC, its The Roman Empire vs Ambrose and Rollins for both the Universal and Tag titles, in a 3 on 2 Handicap TLC match, Roman Empire wins, and Usos are 7 time Tag champs.

Survivor Series, all of them are involved in 5 on 5 matches

Clash of Champions: Reigns vs Ambrose in a Last Man Standing match, the match ends with a Draw.
Royal Rumble. Reigns vs Ambrose once again, this time in a 30 min Iron man match, where Ambrose finally wins and becomes WWE Universal Champion. Rollins wins the Rumble match

WrestleMania 35: Shield 3 way for the Universal title. Rollins wins the title, after pinning Reigns. The Roman Empire gets drafted to Smackdown after WM

RAW post WM. Ambrose turns heel on Rollins, for taking the title from him. They have a long feud that ends at Summerslam, with Ambrose winning the title back from Rollins.

The only part you lost me on was where Reigns NEEDS Heyman. The running joke with Reigns is that, whether the fans like it or not, he keeps winning. He really doesn't need anyone. Now, I'm not against him aligning with Heyman, but he certainly doesn't NEED Heyman.

What he does need to do is take on the attitude of "I keep winning because I'm just that good". Heyman would want to manage someone that good. And that should be his character, or someone who is so overconfident in their abilities and backs them up and they win whether you like it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back