What would you do to fix Survivor Series

I know it was reported some years ago that Vince wanted to rebrand the November event and I would say the time is right for such a move. Survivor Series as an out of date concept. Just because it labeled as a member of the Big Four we should simply care. It is extremely ironic that in a time dominated by gimmick events this an original with a long tradition gets crapped all over.

Here's how you fix Survivor Series:

It's simple. Make it Survivor Series.

Make the card 3-4 Survivor Series matches and a Sole Survivor Match. Then add a match for the WWE Title (or don't). Boom. Done. Maybe mix 4 v 4 and 5 v 5 matches... What would A typical card look like?

Match 1: The Rosebuds vs. The Bolievers
Rosebuds: Adam Rose (Captain), Darren Young, Rob Van Dam & Santino Marella
Bolievers: Bo Dallas (Captain), Titus O'Neill, Curtis Axel & Ryback

Winner/Survivors: Bo Dallas

Match 2: Team Uso vs. Team Ascension
Team Uso: The Usos (Captains), Dolph Ziggler & The Miz
Team Ascension: The Ascension (Captains), Kane & Sheamus

Winners/Survivors: The Ascension

Match 3:
The YES! Movement vs. The Paul Heyman Guys
YES! Movement: Daniel Bryan (Captain), John Cena, Sami Zayn & Rey Mysterio
Heyman Guys: Brock Lesnar (Captain), Cesaro, & Honorary Members Bad News Barrett and Tyson Kidd

Winners: Lesnar & Cesaro

Match 4 (5 v 5):
Team Shield vs. Team Evolution
Team Shield: Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Big E & Adrian Neville
Team Evolution: HHH, Randy Orton, Batista, Rusev & Alberto Del Rio

Winners: The Shield

Sole Survivor Match:
Faces: Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins
Heels: Brock Lesnar, Cesaro, Bo Dallas, Viktor and Connor

have this match be a tornado tag, no DQ and have absolute chaos ensue. Evolution shows back up, The Usos and Cena get involved. Bray Wyatt ultimately costs the Shield the match by setting Reigns up for an F5

Winner: Brock Lesnar

Paul Heyman afterwards: MY CLIENT, BROCK LESNAR, ENDED THE UNDERTAKER'S STREAK AT WRESTLEMANIA AND IS THE SOLE SURVIVOR AT SURVIVOR SERIES!

(Note: I didn't do the card for fantasy booking purposes. I did it to clarify how Survivor Series SHOULD be)

I like Bioshock's suggestion. Go with the survivors competing in the main event in another survivor match. The first SS I've ever seen, before I became a WWE fan even, did this and it left a lasting impression.

Putting something on the line would be nice. I'd say a ring for the final survivors but the HOF already has those. The Andre battle royale already has a trophy so I'm out of ideas. I wouldn't want to see a title shot or anything like that. I would want the prize to be the prize and that's it.

I like Bioshock's suggestion. Go with the survivors competing in the main event in another survivor match. The first SS I've ever seen, before I became a WWE fan even, did this and it left a lasting impression.

Putting something on the line would be nice. I'd say a ring for the final survivors but the HOF already has those. The Andre battle royale already has a trophy so I'm out of ideas. I wouldn't want to see a title shot or anything like that. I would want the prize to be the prize and that's it.

As I read your response, I wanted to share the 1st thought that came to mind and see what people think.

So the Survivor Series goes as mentioned above with the Survivor Series matches and than the final "Survivors" match. Now the winner(s) of the final survivors match are treated just like the winner of the Royal Rumble. If one is the sole survivor than he goes on to face the winner of the Rumble for the Mania title match. If there are multiple survivors in the final survivor series match than those guys have a TLC match at the TLC ppv where the winner goes on to face the Rumble winner at Elimination Chamber for the Mania title shot.

Or, if there are multiple winners in the Survivor Series finale match those guys face the winner of the Rumble in an Elimination Chamber match at the Elimination Chamber ppv for the Mania title shot.

I can get down with either concept as it presents so many different scenarios leading into Mania. It also allows the WWE Champion to be invovled in this process meaning you can see a potential title change pre Mania and the former champ finding his way back in via either scenario. But the main reason I can get behind this is because not only does it put something major on the line at Survivor Series giving it a chance to regain its past glory, but it keeps the WWE Championship at the center of attention with so much revolving around it heading into Mania. And everything is in place by Elimination Chamber which still gives the WWE enough time to properly build for the Mania main event.

It's easy you make it fun for the audience, one way is to have an all elimination survivor series ppv wth 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 or you can give different meaning to survival such as:

4 corners elimination match for the tag team titles. It's all about surviving for the champs going through three other teams.

Standard survival Match with the divas

1 mid card elimination match and another one for the nxt wrestlers.

1 Survivor Series Elimination Match where you have 8 superstar sighting for a chance at world title gold and the losing team must fight to see who become number 1 in the Royal Rumble or something.

The main event is an Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Title with six of the top superstars in the company and it will be brutal.

Make it fun again for the audience like it was back in the early 90's and give it that thanks giving day feel to it and make it one of he top 4 pay per views again man.

1 - The return of Traditional 4 on 4 matches.
2 - Survivors from these matches all go into a mass Battle Royal/HIAC at the end for the WWE Championship and the winner is 'the sole survivor'.

WWE could really play this up as 'gruelling' and other words that I can't think of. I loved it when WWE put together teams of superstars that actually meant something.

TEAM USA
Cena, Swagger, Henry, Big E,
VS
EUROPEAN INVASION
Rusev, Cesaro, Barrett, Sheamus

The problem with Survivor Series is that there are no stakes. The match-type is awesome, but there are never titles or careers on the line, so fans have been tuning out to this filler PPV for a long time. That's why WWE removed the matches from the PPV during the late 90's, early 2000's. They preferred in adding singles matches with actual stakes.

But I have a way to change that. What if instead of moving Battleground to the summer, WWE had moved Survivor Series?? I know it's a huge deal to move Survivor Series out of November, but it would have rejuvenated the show.

I would take a cue from WCW's Battle Bowl and had a bunch of randomly generated Survivor Series elimination matches, with all the survivors teaming up for the battle royal main event. And the winner gets a WWE Championship match at SummerSlam, the 2nd biggest PPV of the year.

So if they had done it this year, you could have 4 Survivor Series elimination matches, with about 8-10 survivors between them, and they all face off in the main event.

You could have tons of dynamics, like people turning on their teammates when they have the match won so there can be fewer competition in the battle royal. Plus, in different years you could have different amount of elimination matches. Imagine if one year, you only have 2 elimination matches, and there are 2 sole survivors who are going to face off 1-on-1 for the title shot in the main event. That would be hardcore. You can also sometimes do random placements where you have faces and heels teaming up.

If WWE decided to revive Starcade and place it in November, Survivor Series could be like Starcade's own Royal Rumble occurring in the fall. But that's a pipedream, more realistically, it could be a great stepping stone for SummerSlam. And when WWE makes such a big deal out of getting the SummerSlam main event, it makes the show feel even more like the WrestleMania of the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back