• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Would You Do On Thursday?

LegendKiller716

I Had Sex With The
I was just wondering with what went down Sunday, how would you guys book this Thursday's impact?

Would you have a story explaining it? Would you just ignore it and say Sting just beat Hardy super quick?

IMO it has too much exposure to be ignored. They need to run some kind of angle. I think Immortal needs to be visually upset on camera. Someone needs to point out that he was probably high and thats why Sting beat him so quickly.

I think this should start an angle of Immortal looking for their new poster boy. IMO it should be Crimson that joins Immortal. He can say he helped Angle and Fourtune and then he was forgotten. They can have matches were Crimson gets beat down and no one helps him, which eventually will lead to his turn.

Also I think it's a must to have a world title match on Impact. The people that bought the ppv were robbed of a title match and they need one. Make a 3 way with Anderson and RVD challenging Sting.

So feel free to comment on my ideas, or provide your own idea as to how Impact should be booked to explain this.

Anything less than an outright apology would be a spinning gamble that might cost TNA management their own locker room, or a significant portion of their fan base who've stuck this thing out, so above all else I suggest they start there. Make it sincere, too, because you're not just apologizing to the fans in the audience — you're apologizing to all the boys in the back, especially the ones who busted their ass earlier in the night to set up that shit show of a main event.

After that point it's up to the writers how to write the story lines heading into Lockdown, but considering the double count-out finish to Anderson/RVD, my guess is the simplest solution is safest here — simply denote that Hardy has been sent home, TNA apologizes for the events that transpired and as a means to make up for it they're going to give the fans a championship match at an upcoming iMPACT! (likely the second taping) where RVD, Anderson and Sting will compete for the title.

Sting retains, obviously, but the feud can still continue into Lockdown, perhaps with a fourth member — AJ Styles? — getting involved in the story in some fashion.

Anything less than an outright apology would be a spinning gamble that might cost TNA management their own locker room, or a significant portion of their fan base who've stuck this thing out, so above all else I suggest they start there. Make it sincere, too, because you're not just apologizing to the fans in the audience — you're apologizing to all the boys in the back, especially the ones who busted their ass earlier in the night to set up that shit show of a main event.

After that point it's up to the writers how to write the story lines heading into Lockdown, but considering the double count-out finish to Anderson/RVD, my guess is the simplest solution is safest here — simply denote that Hardy has been sent home, TNA apologizes for the events that transpired and as a means to make up for it they're going to give the fans a championship match at an upcoming iMPACT! (likely the second taping) where RVD, Anderson and Sting will compete for the title.

Sting retains, obviously, but the feud can still continue into Lockdown, perhaps with a fourth member — AJ Styles? — getting involved in the story in some fashion.

I wish an apology would come, but I just don't see it happening. I hope TNA proves me wrong, but I see them trying to find a creative solution.

The only thing for sure is that Hardy needs to be punished, I wouldn't say fired, but punished for sure.

I'd hold a tournament for the Television Title featuring the best and brightest TNA have to offer.

Forget lame angles, promos and skits for one night, just let the wrestling do the talking.

Im with IDR's idea, this story bridges the gap between the wrestling and 'real' world, they need to be honest. Come out, explain and acknowledge the situation and apologise to all of the fans who were there last night and those who purchased the PPV following that they need to openly thank Sting for everything that he has done for the company. Then hold a tournament for the number 1 contender.Most importantly they need to avoid using Hardy at any point until he is sober.

Give up there time slot to ROH. Just kidding, sort of. Seriously, they need to apologize for that sham of a main event. None of us really know what happened but an explanation would be nice. Also I enjoy the idea for a tournament and just have a good ol' fashioned wrestling show. What I think will really happen is Hardy will become a warlock and bleed tiger's blood, and they will play the Charlie Sheen rip off angle, and then I will never watch TNA again.

I don't know if you can really do an apology as it would kind of break kayfabe. I would have them do a special challenge match (not for a title) or have the number 1 contenders match. I would also maybe have them give a discount on the next PPV (who controls PPV prices anyway? The PPV provider or TNA?). I wouldn't really mention Hardy being like that or anything because that would break kayfabe. I would just fire him, have the WWE send him to rehab and don't mention him for a while. If he shows up, the fans are probably going to chant something that is not positive.

Or have Devon and Bubba make up and make them retire.

I would have Bischoff come out and "fire" Hardy from Immortal. I would have him talk about how Hardy has failed Immortal by losing the TNA Title and talk about how much of an embarrassment Hardy was by losing the title in less than two minutes in a match in which he supposedly had the advantage in. I would have him completely bury Hardy in every way imaginable, but keep it completely kayfabe and not mention any drug use or backstage stuff. Bischoff would apologize to the fans for Hardy's poor performance because he failed to capture the TNA Title. I would have Bischoff just bury Hardy in every way possible and "fire" him from the group.

I would have RVD and Anderson fight to another draw, but this time a time limit draw. This will set up a triple threat at Lockdown with Sting, which is a match I don't really want to see, but it is really the only thing that makes sense given the circumstances.

I'm not sure what I would do with other wrestlers, but I think this is the best solution.

I would have Bischoff come out and "fire" Hardy from Immortal. I would have him talk about how Hardy has failed Immortal by losing the TNA Title and talk about how much of an embarrassment Hardy was by losing the title in less than two minutes in a match in which he supposedly had the advantage in. I would have him completely bury Hardy in every way imaginable, but keep it completely kayfabe and not mention any drug use or backstage stuff. Bischoff would apologize to the fans for Hardy's poor performance because he failed to capture the TNA Title. I would have Bischoff just bury Hardy in every way possible and "fire" him from the group.

I would have RVD and Anderson fight to another draw, but this time a time limit draw. This will set up a triple threat at Lockdown with Sting, which is a match I don't really want to see, but it is really the only thing that makes sense given the circumstances.

I'm not sure what I would do with other wrestlers, but I think this is the best solution.

I agree, I think they may do something like that and find a way to keep kayfabe. An outright apology and laying it all out there may do more damage since it'll break kayfabe which is still important. I'm actually surprised they didn't just bury Hardy last night when bischoff came out. He could have easily said Hardy is not the best choice etc or even said he's too fucked up to rep Immortal and Hulk wants him out and bam put in a new superstar.

p.s. how about them Warriors!?! haha sorry had to mention it

An apology and great wrestling that allows the fans to possibly forget it, if even for a hot minute. That's the only way to go with this. They need to leave Jeff in the dust, sorry. I'm a Jeff Hardy fan, but this is the last straw for me. The guy needs help and since he wont take it, he's gone. Hall, who was a ten times better performer than Hardy, was let go of for the same thing back in the day. It's time to drop the hammer.

I would have Bischoff & Hogan come out & address it, not in character but as a shoot. They don't have to go into all the details, but they need to apologize for it. Then I would book a 4 way title match for the next PPV. Sting, RVD, & Anderson would be joined by the winner of a battle royal held Thursday night. If I were booking, the winner of that battle royal would be AJ Styles.

On an unrelated note, I would start a tournament for the TV title. They really need to start defending that & making it part of the show. They also need to find a heel to take Hardy's place in Immortal. I would like to see it be Anderson. He could say he was tired of being screwed over by the Network & did what was necessary to get his title back. Maybe there is someone else they could put in there. Anderson would be my choice though.

It goes without saying that Hardy ruined the match last night. ROH had a ppv main event disaster like that in the December 2009 PPV. the match ended in a draw and Austin Aries kept running out of the ring from Tyler Black for over an hour. The crowd was hating the match and even began chanting "This is Bullshit." Sting was mad about this and can't say I blame him. How many times has TNA let Jeff Hardy get away with crap like this? Remember last time he was in TNA prior to his WWE return? He either no showed at the PPVs or God knows what else. What TNA is now facing is some serious damage control. Make no mistake that there is no good publicity from this. I agree that an outright apology breaks the rules and will more than likely not happen. I agree that a kicking Jeff Hardy out of Immortal is the best solution given the current circumstances. TNA took a gamble with bumping Hardy up to the top spot, and they came up short. TNA cannot afford to have Jeff Hardy go back to his old habits. This is something that TNA needs to rectify and fast.

As far as Thursday's Impact goes...there's plenty of explaining to do. If I were Hogan/Bischoff/Dixie, there's only one route I see here, " fire " Hardy from Immortal, tell him how weak he is to the group and how he can't even hold onto his championship, then beat him down to keep him off screen. Behind the scenes I would tell him he needs to go to rehab and try to make him realize how serious the situation is and if he doesn't care, simply fire him or suspend him.

But to keep with the kayfabe storyline, since Anderson and RVD went to a draw, I would book Lockdown as a 3 way main event. However, they need someone to work as the top heel in Immortal, so if they want, they can turn Anderson heel by having Immortal bribe him into working with them since he's an asshole and all. I think it could work honestly, but that would mean cutting Sting's reign short because you'd have to give Anderson the belt to solidify the full swing to heel.

When Impact comes on the air I would have it go immediately to Dixie Carter standing in front of the TNA logo backstage where the usual interviews are done. She should quickly and professionally make an apology, "for the controversy surrounding the Main Event at Victory Road." Tell the fans that TNA realizes they were let down and invite them to go to TNAwrestling.com for instructions on how to receive a refund for the pay-per-view. Then, promise the audience that the goal always is to reward their faithfulness with the best possible product and that's especially important on tonight's Impact. Thank them for continuing to follow TNA, and then start the show.

I wouldn't even show a highlight package from Victory Road as it makes it look like you were proud of what happened. Have Tenay and Taz start their usual welcome message but immediately have Immortal's theme song hit and bring Hogan and Bischoff down to the ring. Then, like The Bearded One suggested, let them begin the kayfabe explanation/reaction to what happened and bury Hardy. Announce that he's been kicked from Immortal and that they will move forward with a new leader. Say that tonight there's an open title shot against Sting. They will entertain offers throughout the night from whoever wants to step up and take over leadership of Immortal, whoever makes the best pitch gets the shot.

You could have a mix of segments, some funny (of course Eric Young will make one) and some serious. Then, close to the end, have a backstage scene where Christy Hemme sees Eric walking down the hall looking happy and asks him if an opponent's been found. Eric tells her that he has a guy and that Immortal is stronger than ever!

Main Event time... out comes Sting first. He cuts a promo and finds his own kayfabe way to confirm his commitment to TNA despite the PPV events and his promise to restore some honor as champion. Cue Flair's music. Ric comes out and he and Sting do a little back and forth. Flair says that he remembers a time when a young Horseman got too big for the group and struck out on his own, and that that young man became the closest thing to "GOD" that wrestling's ever seen. Flair says that tonight, in front of all the world, another man starts that same journey as the new leader of Immortal and the next TNA Champion. He introduces...

ROBERT ROODE!

With the rest of Immortal and a load of security following behind, Roode comes out in his old robes and to his old music. The security fills the entranceway and surrounds the ring, clearly anticipating the rest of Fortune coming out to retaliate. The bells sounds and the match begins.

As Sting and Roode go at it, we see Styles and Kazarian walk out on the stage. They look pissed and start down the ramp. They stand nose-to-nose with the Immortal members on the ramp, but then out come Angle, Steiner, Crimson, and Morgan! Those six men begin fighting their way through the security and Immortal wrestlers. Flair sees the lines are breaking and start telling the other security around the ring to go help!

As this happens, Sting hits the SDD on Roode and goes for the pin but Flair pulls the ref out of the ring! Sting goes after Flair and chases him to the outside, where James Storm jumps out of the crowd and hits Sting with the beer bottle! Referee Jackson James also comes out of the crowd and quickly slides into the ring to make the three-count as Roode crawls over the top of Sting for the pin and the title.

As Impact closes, AJ Styles and Kazarian break through the pack and chase Roode and Storm out of the ring. From the crowd, Roode holds up the title and makes the "money" sign at his former Fortune teammates as the credits appear.

(I know that was long and involved, but I think that's exactly the kind of explosive, PPV-level excitement that TNA needs to win the crowd back.)

IMO it has too much exposure to be ignored. They need to run some kind of angle. I think Immortal needs to be visually upset on camera. Someone needs to point out that he was probably high and that's why Sting beat him so quickly.

They defiantly wont publicize that Hardy was high. That would fallback on the company as well. Besides they would for sure say this by now if they planned to after some past issues.

I think that they should just say Sting beat him really quickly. Personally I think that Hardy should stay as Immortals poster boy but not be as big as before. He will most likely get frowned on by Immortal on the show for losing so fast, and they will say things like you failed us and are an embarrassment to this group and then get kicked from the group.

This is in an ideal world, but we don't live in one of those, so none of this will happen.

I'd start with a written apology on-screen for the terrible main event.

I'd have the camera fixed on the ring, where there is a trash can stood in the middle of it. I'd then have Sting come to the ring with that Power Rangers belt, cut some form of promo, then dump the belt in the bin where it belongs. Then Sting can call EY out to the ring, take the old belt from him and say he's going to wear it with pride, unlike certain others.

After that, have Eric come out and "fire" Hardy from Immortal. He can say he's looking for a successor to Hardy's throne or whatever. Then he can announce some good matches for the evening.

In an even more ideal world, Desmond Wolfe turns out to be Hardy's successor. Again, none of this will happen.

Scenario #1 -
Sting to confront Hogan and Bischoff... and then a good 15-20 minute World title match against Anderson perhaps who has signed with Immortal because he wants his "rematch" so badly. Sting and Anderson have heat from him attacking the Champ backstage last week. Sting retains to add stability to the belt, but Anderson puts up one hell of a fight. Maybe even a post match beat down to confirm the heel turn.

or

Scenario #2 -
Sting walks out and says that he will only defend the belt against men of honour and those who deserve it. He acknowledges that RVD was almost killed by Immortal to take the belt off him and tonight to mark a new age in TNA he wants to offer Rob Van Dam a title shot tonight. Us fans get a good 15-20 min title match with Sting retaining or Immortal attacking or Anderson inetrfering furtheringa storyline, but atleast we would have had two of TNA's top guys in there for a while...

or

Scenario #3 -
Champion Sting sets the scene to finally end Immortal in the Lethal Lockdown match at Lockdown. Sting chooses RVD, AJ, Steiner (Kaz and Beer Money have to defend their belts)and Angle. Immortal is Jarrett, Abyss, Matt Hardy, Gunner and Murphy. Sting wins at Lockdown and Immortal is disbanded for good...

Don't apologize in order to not break the kayfabe?

That went out the window with the "Eliminate the Hate" commercials.

They need public apologies to the fans, to Sting, and to the rest of the roster.

Fire Hardy right on the open, saying he was an embarrassment to Immortal and TNA. Have a backstage segment with Bischoff, and someone hidden. Bischoff saying to this individual that this is your chance to step up, and get your shot; but first prove yourself. Have this certain individual be either Anderson, RVD, or even Morgan. He turns on Sting and steps in as new face of Immortal, and on the way to Lockdown.

I think they will play it off that Sting is focused like never before and is unstopable just look how fast he destroyed Jeff Hardy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back