• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Would It Be Like

Agrex

The Canadian Sensation
This is pretty similar to the 'What If...' thread, except for some differences. In this thread, each poster makes their own scenerio, and explains what it would be like if that happened. The next poster makes their own scenrio, and would do the same as the first poster, and so on. So, now I'll make my scenerio, explain what it would be like if that happened, and the poster after me would make a completely different scenerio.

What would it be like if Chris Benoit never died.
Well, if Chris Benoit never died, in my opinion, he would have had great success in ECW. He was scheduled to win the ECW Championship at Vengeance, and he would have probably won it. ECW would have been a much better place, as Benoit could have helped out some of the younger stars. If he feuded with CM Punk like he was supposed to, I'm pretty sure Punk wouldn't be as bland as he currently is. So, overall, I think ECW would have been a better place.

Now the next poster will make a different scenerio, and so on.

what if the wcw 'asses on seats' call had never happened

wcw would have won the ratings that night, and subsequently won the majority ratings for forthcoming events. the attitude era would have sunk, wcw wouldnt have sold, and wwe would never have went public. completely changing the landscape of wrestling today

what if hbk was never out due to injury between 1998 and 2002?

he may not have dropped the belt to Austin at Wm 14 he may have instead dropped it to him at a later date e.g. summerslam 1998. he may also have been involved in the main event of WM 15 which would have meant Austin - Rock match 1 of 3 at WM may never have happened. i feel that Wm 16 and 17 would still have had the same main event but shawn micheals may have faced the undertaker or angle/jericho at an earlier WM then we he actually did meet them. it would have been a good 4 years for him :)

What if Magnum TA never got into a career ending accident in 1986

He would have went on to win the world title from Ric Flair and become a household name going into the next millenium. The trickle down effect would have been as follows, Nikita Koloff would have remained heel and eventually went to the WWF to have a major feud with Hogan. In early 87, unexplainably Dusty Rhodes would turn heel because he was jealous of Magnum. Ric Flair would switch places with Dusty and became a major face for the rest of the decade. Sting's push would have further been delayed because Magnum would be the standard bearer and Lex Luger may not have never made it to main event status as a heel or face.

What if HHH didn,t there his quad at New Years Revoultion?

I think he would have gone onto WM to face Cena and would take the belt.He would then tease a feud with HBK but would stick with Cena for much of the year.After HHH pins Cena on Raw HBK Superkicks HHH thus starting a feud that would go on till Wrestlemania where HHH would lose the title.Cena would have been traded to SD! but left the wrestling biz as his love for it faded.

What if ECW had never been brought back?

I think reviving ECW has given some wrestlers an opportunity to shine. I don't think we Would have seen CM Punk, Elijah Burke, RVD, Morrison, and Lashley getting the push that they did. If ECw was not revived, it'll be harder for these guys and other future stars to make an impact in WWE

What if Christian never left WWE?

First of all, I think he would have gone on to have great success in WWE. He had just been put in the title picture and was receiving a push. Although he obviously wasn't going to win the title then, I think by now he would be one of the top stars in the WWE. Second I think that TNA would never have gotton to were it is. I mean it is still way behind WWE, but Christian going over gave it some light. It is very possible that guys like Angle and Booker T never make it to TNA if Christian doesn't go there first because Christian gave it instant credibility which it really lacked before he got there.

I love this thread.

What would happen if Brock Lesnar hadn,t left WWE
The night after WM 20 Brock F5-ed Eddie Gurrero the champ,setting up a feud that would last till The Great American Bash where Brock would win the WWE title in a hell in cell.Eddie would take 2 months off and JBL took the face role(playing a american hero role)and feuded with Brock.Eddie would come back and all 3 would have a match at Survior Serios with Eddie taking the belt.The night after a certain superstar named John Cena began to feud with Lesnar leading to the 2 men being the last 2 in the rumble.Both would go onto Mania setting up a epic match which would launch Cena into the spotlight.......

What would happen if HHH never married Stephanie?
For one, I think he wouldn't be an 11 time champion. Also, Batista and Orton wouldn't have got the pushes they had, and finally Chris Jericho would probably be WWE champ.

Sorry for the lack of detail.

what would it be like if the rock had never left?

well i dont think Goldberg and Lesnar would have beaten him, not straight away anyway. Rock would have continued to be the top star in the business all the way through to 2008 where we are now. i dont think Cena or Batista would have been anywhere near as good as the rock would have outclassed them both but they would have got a push eventually. the rock would probably headlining WM this year and Wm 21-23 he would have maybe been in a title match but either way he wil have been in big matches, as since WM 15 he always had a big match, austin, hhh foley big show, austin again, hogan, Austin a third time and then the rock and sock connection match was not quite as big, therefore i feel he would play a massive part of the WWE even now

what if owen hart retired in january of 1999 and what if bret hart never left wwe

i think if owen would have never died he would of came back into the buisness and he still would be with us today as a wwe star and a world champion

if bret hart would have never left wwe atfer the montreal screw job he would still be competeing in wwe bc he was forced to retire in 2000 from a accident in wcw from goldberg he would be at least a 10 time champ competeing with hhh to beat ric flairs 17 world title regins

Even though this is a nice thread, could we try to keep our "What Ifs" before a certain time frame because the more recent "What Ifs" have no real historical significance, in my opinion. Maybe before 2000 would be nice.

Even though this is a nice thread, could we try to keep our "What Ifs" before a certain time frame because the more recent "What Ifs" have no real historical significance, in my opinion. Maybe before 2000 would be nice.

It's fine as it is. What do you mean by historical significance? You're supposed to state something of historical importance in professional wrestler, and say what it would be like if it happened differently. Most of the fans aren't familiar with the before 2000 happenings, so it's much better to include anything important from any time.

What if brand seperation never happened?
I think we would have fewer titles but each would have tons of significance. I think the Wrestlemania main event would of been Cena v Taker for World Title. HHH would be the one facing Flair. The cruiserweight title would still be existing and there would be actual matches for it. The tag titles would still be significant and teams like Edge and Orton would still be around and probably being considered one of the better tag teams in history. The US title would be obsolete but the pool of talent competing for IC belt would have veterans from HBK and Jericho all the way to rookies like Punk and the contrast in styles would create some very good television. Instead of there being a Tuesday night ECW there would either be a weekend two hour show or a Wednesday night or more of a Monday, Thursday, Saturday schedule. Overall I think the quality of product would have increased and storylines would be much less predictable

I think the brand separation was a great idea. If there's no brand separation, then we'd see the same wrestlers three times a week, which will bore us out. John Cena holding the title for a year on one show made lots of fans sick (Not me though. I enjoyed his one year reign), and imagine the reaction and backlash if you have to see him as champion for a whole year three times a week?
Also, I don't think young talent like CM Punk, MVP, Colin Delaney, Morrison will be given as much an opportunity that they have. The backstage politics would have put John Cena, HHH, HBK, Undertaker on TV way too often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back