• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What would be the best event/city to debut Sting?

Creepy Old Man

Championship Contender
Trying to evoke some discussion beyond "is he coming" here.

Personally I'd have him debut on the May 19 Raw in London. If there's one thing you can give TNA credit for, it's growing their UK fanbase. Impact is on free TV there, allowing for strong viewership, and the company regularly fills out 10,000+ seaters. Some say it's bigger than WWE in that country, given that their ratings are indeed higher; others defend WWE as it's on a subscription channel, but WCW was free and never beat the WWF. So I'm guessing that Sting would get a great reaction on account of having been with TNA for a decade (and remembered by older WCW fans in the audience). If the live reaction wasn't to WWE's liking - which I'm sure is a concern as they want to monetise Sting and make him look like a legend - I guess they could amplify the crowd noise in the hour between the live show ending and the Raw broadcast hitting TV.

Where would you debut Sting, based on WWE's upcoming live schedule?

Atlanta is probably the major consensus, considering it was the home of WCW. But, I don't think it would really matter that much as far as a reaction goes. Despite what some think, Sting is well known, not just to those who were there for the WCW existence, but to anyone who is a wrestling fan. Even the younger generation, while maybe not as acquainted with him, they know who he is as well. I think Sting could appear anywhere, and he would get a massive reaction for his debut, and for later appearances as well.

Sting was born in Omaha, Nebraska but he currently resides in Dallas, Texas. So it would be one of those 2 states in my opinion.

I think, in an ideal scenario, it would have to be Atlanta as the "best" choice. Home of WCW. They'll appreciate it moreso than anywhere else.

Atlanta wrestling crowds aren't that good. Note the response to Hell In A Cell 2012.

I'd just debut him at Summerslam. Not too far from his character's hometown, Venice Beach, Calif.

No place better than Atlanta, the home of WCW although, your idea of London isn't bad. If i had to pick a feud for him to enter into upon arrival I'd say Sting debuts the night CM punk returns (if he does). Punk would have to return as a heel for this to work out though. Either interfering in Punk's match by dropping objects from the rafters into the ring, distracting Punk and allowing ___________(fill in the blank) to pick up the win. Or, Punk opens the show on the mic angry at the WWE saying he left because of the lack of respect he got and that he wasn't payed like John Cena, Randy Orton, The Rock, or Batista and that he is better than all of them (a little throwback to 2012-2013). Stings music hits, he comes out and laughs at Punk saying that he was a top star during the monday night wars, the best in WCW and WWE offered him money that HEATH SLATER would spit at, and then they argue a little longer leading into a 4 month feud and hopefully setting up Sting's hall of fame induction.

No place better than Atlanta, the home of WCW although, your idea of London isn't bad. If i had to pick a feud for him to enter into upon arrival I'd say Sting debuts the night CM punk returns (if he does). Punk would have to return as a heel for this to work out though. Either interfering in Punk's match by dropping objects from the rafters into the ring, distracting Punk and allowing ___________(fill in the blank) to pick up the win. Or, Punk opens the show on the mic angry at the WWE saying he left because of the lack of respect he got and that he wasn't payed like John Cena, Randy Orton, The Rock, or Batista and that he is better than all of them (a little throwback to 2012-2013). Stings music hits, he comes out and laughs at Punk saying that he was a top star during the monday night wars, the best in WCW and WWE offered him money that HEATH SLATER would spit at, and then they argue a little longer leading into a 4 month feud and hopefully setting up Sting's hall of fame induction.

Really? We're talking about where Sting should make his debut and you use it as your trojan horse to work in more shit about CM Punk. Unbelievable.

I don't think it matters what event/city he debuts in. But I think they need to really build to it. Don't just have him up in the rafters out of nowhere. It should be at least a couple months of vignettes and highlights, and specials on the Network. They need to make sure that the younger fans know exactly who he is, and how big of a star he was in WCW, before bringing him out.

I'd have to go with the crowd and say Atlanta and it is very important to debut Sting where he is most popular. A debut that is a total dud would be devastating and would kill any future momentum.

The only event WWE has lined up in Atlanta is a SmackDown taping later this month. I don't see Sting making his debut on SmackDown, somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back