What will the rest of the roster be doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
Every year, they do some sort of talent shoe horn where they try and get as many guys as possible on the card or at least the preshow. In recent years it has alternated between lumberjack tag matches and battle royales. If we go by that pattern, and the fact that the tag match has been announced, then there's a high likelihood that there will be a battle royal on the preshow.

Given that there's only one spot left in MITB and Kofi Kingston isn't doing anything, it's quite likely that he will be in it, so Drew McIntyre will have to be put on the card somehow. So I think they'll basically repeat Chavo's ECW match of 2008 but with the IC title. I think Ezeikel Jackson will win the battle royal then the title.

What do you think the talent shoe horn will be this time around? And how will its story pan out?

I personally think Drew McIntyre will have mr.McMahon "put" him into the MITB. Especially with this whole connection between the two going on like this past friday night.

we already have 6 matches confirmed:

1) cena vs. batista
2) edge vs. jericho
3) bret vs. vince
4) taker vs. hbk
5) shomiz vs. morrison/truth
6) money in the bank

plus the following 4 should be confirmed either this week or the following:

1) tripleh vs sheamus
2) cm punk vs. rey mysterio
3) orton vs. dibiase/rhodes
4) some sort of divas match (miss wrestlemania battleroyal II?)

That's 10 matches on the card, I doubt they'll add another one and they BETTER F'N NOT put the tag team match as the dark match, The Miz not been on the real mania card would get me HEATED, that would be a slap in the face to him. Ideally I would love the divas match to be the dark match but I honestly do not think it will be.

Anyway MCINTYRE needs to be on the card as well, I can see the battleroyal happening but I don't see 11 matches on the card. Last year they only had 8 and the year before that they only had 9. Plus, Drew isn't even in a feud as of late, it would be dumb and pointless to start a feud for him 2-3 weeks before the ppv. Like this past friday night when teddy long had to erase his loss to kane "by orders of vince," i think this next friday he will do the same for the matt hardy match and then be forced to enter in drew into MITB. However, i think Kofi will win the 8th spot this monday. Either they make it 9 participants this year (which is really no big deal) or teddy long has to give drew a rematch against matt hardy and he'll win it. (if he has to "take it out" of the record books, it officially never happened, blah blah blah)

I'd assume a battle royal of some sort would be in order as a dark match. Lumberjacks are just pointless and they did they last year, so it won't be happening again this year. Honestly, aside from Kofi, McIntrye, and possibly Zeke, there is no else really worthy of being on the card in any capacity. They'll just put Kofi in the MITB and I have a feeling they have something planned for Drew, possilby have him face the MITB winner immeadiatlely after the match for the briefcase?

In reality, there isn't a good reason to go all out trying to get the whole roster involved, because no one really cares anyway.

I think the best way to go as far as Mcintyre goes is to have him come out and issue an open challenge for the IC title. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Booker T came out and accepted his challenge. What do you think? Think it's a perfect way to introduce someone new, give a push, recognize the IC title and have something to do for Mcintyre.

Its a good point you made about McIntyre and Kofi, Tasty. WWE are going to have to come up with a way to get both on the card. I like your idea of putting Kofi in MITB and having McIntyre defend the title. It makes more sense than putting McIntyre in MITB, because then where does Kofi fit in?

Concerning the rest of the roster, I imagine that a battle royal is the best way to go, with the winner getting an IC title shot. The thing is though is that I'm not sure who would win that battle royal. I'm a fan of Zeke but that would create a heel vs heel situation, which is something I'm not a fan of. Matt Hardy and Finlay could be options and, even though they're not matches that would particularly interest me, it would give McIntyre a debut Wrestlemania win.

The only other thing I can think of is that McIntyre gets in MITB and Kofi is just placed in the pre show battle royal with the rest of the roster. This would be a crying shame but sometimes deserving stars are left of the WM card like Booker T at WM21 or RVD and Kane at WM19.

I think Drew will end up facing Zeek like the OP said. Kofi will be in the MITB and the rest of the roster will be watching the show backstage. There really is no point in a lumberjack or battle royal match. Maybe for the people that are there it's going to be a dark match, but for people like me who are buying the pay per view, who cares?

I don't know; probably eating popcorn backstage, wishing they were part of the show.

Look, you can't just include every single wrestler on the roster onto the biggest show you have. I know you want to get everyone a payday, but let them work a fan access show, to show off what they have to a small group of fans who come for autographs and such. Part of what makes Wrestlemania what it is is that only the best compete on this stage, and that means sometimes, someone's going to have to get cut out of the fray. It's nothing personal; sometimes everyone can't make it to the big show. I'm against the idea of a big battle royal, as it merely shows the fans there was no care put into storyline crafting for the winner of the battle royal, and the wrestler he faces later. Most fans get that it's a tacked on extra that is silly and downright stupid. If you want to make use of the Kozlov's and Marella's of the WWE, have them work a little dark show, similar to a Sunday Night Heat, and have them work matches for the crowd. I don't think USA would mind putting on one hour of WWE Television, especially when the WWE grabs the ratings it does, on one Sunday Night. Just make a little pre show for the jobbers, and let them get a smaller paycheck. Want to make it to the big show next year? Do better in the ring. It's as simple as that

I don't know; probably eating popcorn backstage, wishing they were part of the show.

Look, you can't just include every single wrestler on the roster onto the biggest show you have. I know you want to get everyone a payday, but let them work a fan access show, to show off what they have to a small group of fans who come for autographs and such. Part of what makes Wrestlemania what it is is that only the best compete on this stage, and that means sometimes, someone's going to have to get cut out of the fray. It's nothing personal; sometimes everyone can't make it to the big show. I'm against the idea of a big battle royal, as it merely shows the fans there was no care put into storyline crafting for the winner of the battle royal, and the wrestler he faces later. Most fans get that it's a tacked on extra that is silly and downright stupid. If you want to make use of the Kozlov's and Marella's of the WWE, have them work a little dark show, similar to a Sunday Night Heat, and have them work matches for the crowd. I don't think USA would mind putting on one hour of WWE Television, especially when the WWE grabs the ratings it does, on one Sunday Night. Just make a little pre show for the jobbers, and let them get a smaller paycheck. Want to make it to the big show next year? Do better in the ring. It's as simple as that

While I agree with you that you gotta earn your spot on Wrestlemania, there are people have worked damn hard this year and are getting no reward for it. A Battle Royal would be good for everyone I think

atm these guys all don't have a spot

Kofi Kingston - the big one, he has had the best year of his career and as of now he isn't on the card.
Randy Orton - yeah sure he is probably going to be doing something with Legacy but they've pretty much done everything with these 3 so I'm not sure we will see a match at 'mania cause they have made it look like Orton can beat both of them at once so why would we wanna see a match at 'mania?
The Legacy -
Mark Henry
Carlito
Chris Masters
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder
William Regal
The Hart Dynasty
Cryme Tyme
Vance Archer
Ezekiel Jackson
The Great Khali
Goldust
Finlay
Santino Marella

but if Orton, Kofi and Legacy are in a Battle Royal and there is a decent prize for the winner they could easily justify it being on the card you know.

there is a big enough selection there to put them in the Battle Royal at least in a dark match or DVD only match that gives them a moral boost of performing at the big show and they could throw the NXT roster in there for the hell of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back