• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What was the first wrestling match you saw?

Khalifa

Where it at doe?
Saw this video posted by What's Culture the other day, thought it was a good question.

The first match I saw was The Artist (previously known as Prince Laukea) vs Psychosis for the cruiserweight title at WCW Uncensored 2000. Don't ask me how I got into wrestling after watching that match, let alone the PPV.

So what was the first match you watched, if you can't quite remember the match then just name the PPV.

I'd been watching for a few years but the first I remember was The Ultimate Warrior, Kerry Von Erich and L.O.D. vs. Mr. Perfect and Demolition at Survivor Series '90.

Depending on which happened first, and if the first even happened, it was either Triple H and The Rock fighting to a time limit draw on Raw, which I remember being absolutely compelled by and heartbroken when a winner wasn't declared, or Kane's unsuccessful WWF title defence against Steve Austin, in which Paul Bearer tries to hit Austin with a shoe.

I thought Kane was so much cooler than the bald man in trunks.

I think I was 5 or 6. My brother was watching a VHS of a PPV that he rented and I remember walking in during Mabel vs The Undertaker. I don't remember which PPV or year it was, but that was my first real taste of pro wrestling. I remember thinking Mabel was a hell of a lot scarier than the Undertaker.

I have a baby photo of me with an old TV in the background with who I think may have been Hogan fighting someone on it. Been watching for as long as I can remember, so I couldn't tell you which is the first match I've seen.

First show I ever saw?

London Gardens, 1986

The Rougeau Brothers defeated the Hart Foundation (I didn't, but a friend said later that he saw the Hart Foundation at McDonald's after the show getting ice cream)
Tito Santana defeated Randy Savage by DQ for the Intercontinental title
Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat defeated Adorable Adrian Adonis
Corporal Kirschner defeated "Iron" Mike Sharpe
King Tonga defeated Steve Lombardi
and
Cowboy Frankie Laine defeated Mario Milano

I looked up the card. My memories not that good

I was 7 years old and decided to be a rebel, sneak downstairs and watch some TV. I flipped through a few channels and came across MTV. The first thing I saw was "Mean" Gene Okerlund interviewing a large man who was having champagne poured on his head (as some sort of a celebration) since it appeared that he just won a championship match.

As I kept watching, they showed a replay of the championship match. It was the night that Hulk Hogan defeated the Iron Sheik for his first WWF championship... the day that Hulkamania was born.

I instantly became obsessed and never looked back.

I don't remember my first match but my first wrestling memory was seeing an ad for SummerSlam '88 on Superstars.

I was only three at the time and my mom had turned it on by chance, probably so she could clean or something, and apparently I was fascinated.

The first match I can ever remember seeing was Razor Ramon vs The Model Rick Martel. I don't remember what show it was but it was somewhere between WrestleMania 9 and Wrestlemania 10.

I believe Razor won and I remember thinking he was the coolest.

The first match I can ever remember seeing was Razor Ramon vs The Model Rick Martel. I don't remember what show it was but it was somewhere between WrestleMania 9 and Wrestlemania 10.

I believe Razor won and I remember thinking he was the coolest.

It was probably the finals of the Intercontinental title tournament in '93.

It was either a Terry funk, Cactus Jack, Stan Hansen, or Vader match. Possibly Jushin, but I doubt it because my grandpa wasn't a big fan of his. Had a collection of matches I was introduced to by him, and that would be the tape I remember wanting to see non-stop. I had transferred it to DVD, but there is no trace of it now..

The first wrestling card that sold my love for pro-wrestling as a whole though was actually Wrestlemania 30. The show that nearly killed it was Wrestlemania 31, and 32 the most deadly. Wrestle Kingdom / NJPW / PWG revived it Wrestlemania 31 x 32.

It was a match between the Rock and Roll Express and some jobbers from a TV studio on TBS some random Saturday morning.

Started watching sometime in the late 80s back during the weekend morning syndicated era. I don't have any specific memories of that time other than really wanting to watch WrestleMania VI for the Hogan/Warrior match. Whenever I was able to rent a video back then I always grabbed Mania VI and would watch that match over and over.

Hogan/Warrior is what cemented me as a wrestling fan.

Whatever the first match on the Wrestlemania 4 card was. I think it was a battle royal that a black guy won and Bret Hart smashed his trophy.

Sting vs. the Black Scorpion at Clash XII, September 1990. I remember Sting winning and the REAL Black Scorpion coming out for a staredown and being terrified. Apparently I was also watching Hogan around the same time.

Some match with Hogan and Jake Roberts when I was 3. I kept cheering for Roberts and my dad told me to cheer for Hogan instead because he was the "good" guy, while Roberts was the "bad" guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back