• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What was the first game you ever played?

I use to watch my older sister and her friends play the original Mario bros back on NES, I was still kinda young to get the hang of it, So I dont like to count that. The first ever real game I played and love was Donkey Kong country, First game I played, First game I beat. So Glad to hear about the remake, Brings back fond memories.

Spyro:Enter The Dragon.I started playing that on the PS1 when I was about 5.Got pretty hooked on it and beat it about 5 times

Definitely the Mario Bros./Duck Hunt NES collection. Pretty much the first game and system I ever got my hands on, and this was when I was about 4-5 years old. Fun times right there...

Back in 1996, My brother and me just got a SEGA Genesis for Christmas. The game that came with it was Sonic the Hedgehog. We both played that game for months and I don't think we got anywhere past Act III. At the time, I thought no game that I would eventually play was better than Sonic until we got a Playstation 2 years later and played Twisted Metal. Then I began to change my mind.

The first game I played was Pokemon Gold on the Game Boy color. It was my first system and I saw Ho-Oh staring at me saying, you need me you 6 year old bitch. And I replied, "Hell yes."

But in reality it still is one of my favorite games ever and I'm trying to buy Heartgold at this very moment. I love Pokemon.

first game i ever played was the original mario for nes. jesus i was like 4 yrs old. it came with duck hunt and i would walk right up to the tv screen and point the gun it came with at the birds flying around. lol

Hmmm......well, first game I ever played was Space Invaders in an arcade. As far as home systems, I think it was Donkey Kong because it came with the ColecoVision. :)

Yeah, I'm kinda old.....but not that old.... :)

Table Top Pong! It doesn't get any older than that. I remember seeing it, when My father took me with him to pick up his pay check at the bar he played in the night before. I was like 6 at the time, and I thought the game was awesome.

For me it was Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex. I remember just opening a box at Christmas one year, and seeing a PS2 and that game in there, and I was over the moon. I played that game for 5 hours straight that day, and spent about a month getting to the final boss. I wasn't really good at gaming back then. :p I didn't even get another game til I clocked the whole thing, including the Time Trials. That took me the better part of the year. It was a great game, and I think i'll have to go play it now. :p

The first game I played was Super Mario Bros on the Nintendo. I can still barely remember my parents giving me the entertainment system for a Christmas gift.

I'll still play it to this day.

The first "few" games I played (I can't remember the first exactly) were Tekken 2, Formula 1 and Crash Bandicoot 1 on PS1. I still play them today aswell. Makes a change sometimes from all the new generation games and consoles that somewhat ruin what gaming used to be.

Well this one is going to show some age. My first was actually the old Donkey Kong for Atari. That was the one where you are the "Jumpman the Carpenter" who if you don't know was the earliest example of Mario. Donkey Kong was the villain and had captured Lady who bears a resemblance to Princess Peach. Jumpman has to jump up these platforms while DK throws barrels down that must be jumped over. Eventually you get to the top and knock DK off or something and rescue Lady.

The most memorable part of this game is that the main character when on to be probably Nintendo's most recognizable character ever introduced to the general public. Just some cool things to look back on and see how far gaming has really come in the last 20+ years.

I believe it was Altered Beast on Sega Genesis. I don't remember much from it, other than it likely wasn't apporpriate given my age. Other early games included Sonic the Hedgehog, I believe NHL 96 and some version of NCAA Football, where you had to go with Hawaii, as they were clearly the best team. Fun times, fun times.

The first arcade game I ever played was Centipede. The first console game I ever played was Space Invaders for the Atari 2600 (the one with the wood paneling). That said I also played Intellivision and ColecoVision games around the same time as well.

The first video game I ever played was the original Pokemon Red on the Gameboy Pocket. Took me about a month to beat the game. Of course, once you beat the Elite Four there wasn't much you could do afterwards besides challenge the Elite Four again and complete the Pokedex. I spazzed out when I heard about the then upcoming Pokemon Gold and Silver titles. Good times.

Well, this is gonna age me a ways, Ive seen some mention PSone games being theyre first games...Mine is...

Crystal Castles on the Atari. 1986. Im only 27, but people make me seem so old in here :) Ive actually never finished the game, after ALL these years, I havent finished it, Or double dragon. Its kinda sad. COnsidering Ive finished games 100x harder ever since

But that is with Pole Position, Double dragon and Pac man on the ATari

Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt. I loved that game, I would play it for hours on end. I remember my older cousin became my hero at the time because he beat the game without using any warps on one life. I was amazed and the closest I got was using three lives. Man that makes me want to get a nes and play me some Mario. I loved Duck Hunt too, fun ass game, I thought the nes was the greatest invention ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back