What the WWE can do to fix its Pay Per View Problem

WWE should go back to wrestlers wrestling on both shows. and drop ecw, maybe make ecw one big hardcore ppv every year (not like one night stand)

I Think That WWE Should LOWER THE FREAKIN PRICE! They Should Also Just Have 6 PPVs Per Year. I Mean Think About It. How Many Are There Now Like 16, 17? WAAAAAAAAAY TOO MANY! I Mean Its Like My Middle School Band Teacher Keeps Telling Me And The Rest Of The Drummers, "I Would Rather Have 6 Excelent Drummers And Get Rid Of The Other 6 Of You Than Have 12 Moderate Drummers. I'm Perfectly Happy Having A 70 Person Band Than An 80Person Band." He's Saying That Instead Of Having More Of Something Thats OK Its Better To Have A Less Quantific (if thats a word lol) Or A Less Quantity, If You Have 17 Moderate PPV's A Year Wouldnt You Rather Have 8 FANTASTIC PPV's A Year? I Mean It's Just Common Sense! Lol

I think that is a stupid idea because the WWE would become even more boring having only one pay per view every 2 months, and why wouldn't you include Cyber Sunday!!!

they do need to but back on the number every year but unlike some people have said DO NOT GET RID OF CYBER SUNDAY..no more than 12 a year..drop February and end the year with C.S. so the fans help decide one or even two of the fueds to start the new year

Has anyone considered dropping the brand extensions? I think a big problem is that the WWE has too many people to push and not enough time to do it.. With three seperate shows it's hard enough.. Maybe keep ECW seperate and just keep that as the show to work on the younger, less experienced guys. Merge the Smackdown and RAW rosters, that way people won't have to be traded and lost on the different shows.

They need to go back to 12 PPV's a year and have brand only PPV's too so they can give so other superstars have a change at showing the world what they can do. Here is the list of the New PPV Line up I think they should do for 2008

1.Royal Rumble-RAW,SD,ECW
2.No Way Out-SD
3.WrestleMania-RAW,SD,ECW
4.Backlash-RAW
5.Fully Loaded-SD
6.One Night Stand-ECW
7.Vengeace"Night of Champions"-RAW,SD,ECW
8.SummerSlam-RAW,SD,ECW
9.Unforgiven-RAW only
10.No Mercy-RAW,SD,ECW
11.Survior Series-RAW,SD,ECW
12.Holiday Hell or December to Dismember-ECW

Tha would make 6 PPV's for all brands, 2 for the each brand.

My thoughts.

1) Get rid of WWECW forever. Actually, that might be happening with this whole ECW/Smackdown talent merger.

2) Do 5 big shows a year on PPV. Rumble, Mania, KOTR (or Night of Champions), SummerSlam, Survivor Series. Cut the other PPVs completely OR do brand specific shows for Raw and Smackdown at lower prices, but no more than 1 per month. NO PPV in March, giving WM at the start of April more time to be built up.

3) Don't water down the actual wrestling. In other words, don't demand the talent to tone their matches down to WWE's style and limit what they can do in the ring. If someone can't work like Khali or Mark Henry, don't put them on PPV - heck, just fire them. Have fun and entertaining matches that aren't generic punch and kick and chop, chinlock or leglock, sig move or two, finisher. Mix things up a bit. Also, sometimes have matches that are complete spotfests, especially openers to get the crowd pumped.

4) Don't waste PPV time on backstage segments. If there is going to be a big non wrestling segment, promote it ahead of time. Like the Piper's Pit at Mania 21 or the Torrie/Dawn hotel room segment.

I say go back to twelve ppvs a year and focus on the ones that have certain themes to them this way its not the same old crap everytime and its easier to build towards each one.

1. Wrestlemania
2. Royal Rumble
3. Summerslam
4. Survivor Series
5. King of the Ring- Winner gets a title shot at Summerslam.
6. Cyber Sunday
7. One night stand- Im not a big fan of the original ecw but the ppvs were much better when they focused on the old school ecw so i would go back to that.
8. Vengeance- Night of Champions.
9. New Years Revolution- They should have an elimination chamber every year.
10. Backlash- No real theme, but has the aftermath of Wrestlemania.
11. No Way Out- Same as Backlash, leads up to Wrestlemania.
12. Great American Bash- No real reason for this one just couldnt think of anymore themed ppvs. I would have it inbetween King of the Ring and Summerslam to build for the title match at summerslam just like No Way Out does inbetween Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania.

The whole reason that the pay per views aren't doing so well is two fold: -

1/ The direction of the brands is going nowhere due to storyline's that are pointless , talented stars not getting pushed, and crappy matches and talentless hacks getting pushes, this i feel is one of the main issues.

2/ We are paying too much for the pay per views, so people like me who are paying through the nose for crap, and the problem is if the wwe gives us what we want instead of shoving it down their our thoughts maybe they may get a chance at increasing their pay per view revenue.

Now this is what i suggest:

1/ Make the minor pay perviews brand exclusive:

February No Way Out:RAW EXCLUSIVE

April Backlash: SMACKDOWN EXCLUSIVE

May Judgment Day: ECW EXCLUSIVE

June One Night Stand: RAW EXCLUSIVE

Vengeance: SMACKDOWN EXCLUSIVE

July The Great American Bash: ECW EXCLUSIVE

September Unforgiven: RAW EXCLUSIVE

October No Mercy: SMACKDOWN EXCLUSIVE

December Armageddon: ECW EXCLUSIVE

This way the wwe has no stale storylines and we can still watch raw and smackdown and ecw to extend feuds and see what is going on while the ppvs arent runing for a certain brand it also develops brand loyalty

2/ The main pay per views are high talent exclusive, means no divas, no boring low carders and are used to end feuds

January Royal Rumble: Royal Rumble is the main event

March/April WrestleMania: whomever wins the rumble chooses who they face for the main event dont say they choose and then stick a non rumble winner in the main event it just cheapens the moment

October Cyber Sunday:king of the ring type component where we choose who enters a tornament to face a respective champion of our choice, and we decide which championships are defended (note the reason i put cyber sunday on it, is that its a fan friendly pay per view and if used correctly may get main treatment in my book)

November Survivor Series: survivor series matches where we see brand v brand to the only show that can do this each year the best brand wins a trophy and assertains itself a draft pick from each brand to their show

thats what i think would help, it would make the brands more interesting and make things more intense, its a fresh approach to booking ppv's let me know what you guys think as i am a newby here

Okay this is what i would cut down the ppv to 12 a year . bring back king of the ring with the winner getting a title shot at the following ppv.
Merge raw & smackdown and occasionally have ecw invading. ECW has got to be treated as the competition even thou its the same brand and improve it Tag teams & womens champion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back