How should WWE fix their pay-per-views?

I think I finally found out what WWE is doing wrong lately with the company. In my opinion, I think WWE have to many pay-per-views within a year and that doesn't give them much time to build up a good feud well. Here is what I think they should do and how the pay-per-views could be special for some of them too.

January - Royal Rumble
Keep the same concept, but always have the Royal Rumble the very last match on the card. Include the 3 main titles also on the card and I guess another grudge match like they did at Royal Rumble 2005 with Shawn Michaels and Edge.

February - No Way Out
Keep going with the Elimination Chamber Matches for the brands because it is becoming an exclusive pay-per-view match and it is always exciting to watch them.

March - WrestleMania
Have some amazing matches. Keep the Money in the Bank Ladder Match and try to include most of the titles.

April - Backlash
This type of pay-per-view could spring some type of exciting rematches from WrestleMania. Not all the matches from WrestleMania should be on this card, but the exciting ones at least.

May - The Bash
Put grudge matches and title matches like normal and maybe include a special type of match in there somewhere.

June - Extreme Rules
Have all the matches special types of matches like ladder matches, last man standing matches, etc.

July - Night of Champions
Have only championship matches like always, no matches that aren't for any title.

August - SummerSlam
Have this kind of like a Bash at the Beach type stage hence the summer part and have fun type matches.

September - Hell in a Cell
Every match a Hell in a Cell Match, plain and simple.

October - Cyber Sunday
I like how the fans are able to vote even though it might not matter what we decide on the match type or opponent, but it's still fun to vote on that type of stuff.

November - Survivor Series
Do the traditional survivor series matches like back in the old days with 4 or 5 man teams.

December - Armageddon
This pay-per-view should end the long feuds that are exciting with them ending in very special type of matches.

I think that also the pay-per-views should be the last Sunday of the month and so they have 3 weeks to build a good feud that could last a very long time depending on how the fans react to them.

I have not been on here in forever but my post total vs. my rep speaks for itself. I agree almost fully. Jan thru May i agree totally. Have June as NOC so you can make it a bridge from Mania to Summerslam. Make July the Extreme Rules ppv. I see NOC as the 5th best ppv so why put it next to one of your big four. Make it a bridge between WM and Summerslam. Make September Judgment Day and have it as a summer feud ender and closer to Summerslam. Let October be Cyber Sunday but stray away from current feuds. Let fans pick matvhes or gimmicks and have the ppv concept as being let fans decide matches and gimmicks. Let the feuds go for one night. Immediately after you have Survivor Series. Go with the ppv featuring multiple 5 on 5 elimination matches. december is fine. This way you can start building WM feuds after Summerslam. You can slowly build it through Survivor Series ad Rumble. This was you give it the build old WM matches use to have. Think about it. You plant the seeds for Taker vs Cena match in a Streak vs Title match at WM thru a Survivor Series elimination match. Pure money.

I agree with everyone who thinks they should only have 12 instead of 14. I think that they should all be on the last Sunday of every month except for the one stated below with a description of why.

January- Royal Rumble

February- No Way Out- this one should be on the second to last sunday of the month in order to have more time to build up for WM

March- Wrestlemania

April- Backlash

May- Judgement Day

June- Vengeance: Night of Champions

July- King of the Ring (winner of KOTR should get a Summer Slam title shot)

August- Summer Slam

September- Badd Blood

October- Halloween Havoc or Breaking Point (but if its BP no gimmick i just like the name)

November- Survivor Series (maybe add a War Games match here too, because its another team concept)

December- Fully Loaded and or Armageddon

There would be no set gimmick matches except for Royal Rumble, MIB at WM, King of the Ring, or Survivor Series if they do the team things.

The gimmick match ppvs need to go and there need to be only 12 ppvs. One for each month because there simply just isn't enough time to promote that many. Storylines can't be played out properly when not given enough time to build and develop!

The gimmick PPVs are a good idea to pump some interest into struggling PPVs, but changing them all is a bad idea. Cyber Sunday was working fine, and I don't know why Unforgiven couldn't have kept the scramble from last year. The intensity of something like a Hell in a Cell will be lost if you have three feuds randomly thrown into one, only Punk vs Taker would truly mae sense in a Cell, but they are going to shoehorn at least three matches, which'll be shit. Also, calling a tag match that has no title on the line a main event kind of undermines all of the titles except the world championships, which probably is a bad thing.

I'm not sure the PPVs need fixing, but probably going down to one a month would help somewhat, and as it appears to be the norm, I'll do a list too.

January - Royal Rumble

Exactly how it is now.

February - No Way Out

Elimination chamber matches for the title, always make sure that the Royal Rumble winner can have a feud settling bout here too.

March - WrestleMania

As it is now.

April - Backlash

As it is now

May - Hardcore Heaven

All gimmick matches, like Extreme Rules, but with a slightly less shit name. The name is taken from old ECW, so presumably the WWE own the name.

June - Night Of Champions

As it is now.

July - Cyber Sunday

Same sort of thing as it is now, with one of the aspects of each match being picked.

August - SummerSlam

As it is now.

September - Breaking Point

I think this one could work quite well, as long as it is only the two main events that are submission ones

October - Fall Brawl

I've taken a WCW name here, because No Mercy is too similar to Breaking Point in name concept. This would have three scramble matches for each title.

November - Suvivor Series

As it is now.

December - Armageddon

As it is now.

This way, you have alternating straight forward PPVs with gimmicky ones, but you also keep the traditional ones where they are now. You only lose two, but you gain build for the big 4, or 5 if you include NoC.

I don't really think there is much the WWE could do to give fix their PPV's. Except to stop with all of this theme shit. Each match type should be a special attraction. It's not always used because it mean's something, and when you do get to see it you're looking forward to it, and you're not sick of it. Trust me with all of this theme oriented, and changing the name to give us more of what we don't need. Save the specialty match to be that. The specialty. There is no reason why we should ever have three hell in a cell's. One is enough. Three is just a chore and the Hell in a Cell loses what made it so special to begin with. It just becomes another gimmick to get you to watch. The Hell in a Cell loses all its value, and meaning for what it was intended to do. It was originally intended to end feuds after every other match was exhausted. When it had to have finality it was used. Now we're poised to get incredibly sick of the match.

The WWE needs to make their titles worth something again, and build around that. And make their champions credible. I'm sick of seeing Superman on my TV. If I wanted to see Superman or Captain America on my TV I'd go out and get the movies, or buy the comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back