What the WWE can do to fix its Pay Per View Problem

I'd like to see WWE cut back ppv's to 5 a year.

January - Royal Rumble
April - Wrestlemania
June - King of the Ring
August - Summerslam
November - Survivor Series

Or maybe put a smaller ppv in somewhere between Summerslam and Survivor Series and WM and KOTR. This would help to build exciting feuds and storylines, plus more demand to buy the ppv's to see the outcomes of the matches. I always thought 12 was pushing it, but still acceptable, but now that there are like 16 or something, well that is just too damn much and most people aren't going to buy the smaller ones anyway. A lot of people just buy the major ones. I know that I haven't bought a minor ppv since Badd Blood 04 and before that Invasion 2001. It would help a lot, but it will never happen.

Obviously there is a major problem with WWE pay per views right now, this much is evident by the restructuring of the way they present pay per views now. This thread is designed to come up with good ideas that we all know that the WWE won't listen to, but it's fun to bring them up anyway.

Quick recap, and this is no way scientific and I don't know if the #'s include worldwide figures or just domestic.

Sports Illustrated reported the WWE had 200 Million Dollars in Pay Per View buys last year.

One Million Buys (roughly) were for WM 22, with a 50 dollar price tag, that's 50 Million Dollars. By far that is the best pay per view the WWE does yearly, but the problem is, 1 pay per view makes up for a quarter of sales they bring in. That leaves 150 Million Dollars spread around 15 pay per views, which the Number drops to 10 Million Dollars per pay per view, or roughly 250,000 buys. This doesn't take into account the bump that Summerslam and the Rumble get, which I have no proof, but I believe the buys for those two are near the 400,000 mark.

So while the numbers are good, there not what WWE wants right now. If an estimated 3.5 million households turn into Raw weekly, and the buy rate is 250,000, they are attracting less then 7% of their audience to the pay per view market.

Ok, so how to fix the problem. The WWE's answer is, tri-Branded pay per views. More big matches will draw more buys. Personally, I hate this idea. With 15 pay per views a year, you have an average of one pay per view every 3 1/2 weeks. There is no way you can garner interest in that short of time for the average fan.

Another problem, pay per views at 40 dollars a pop. That's insane. I don't want to sound dated, but I remember when these things just ten years ago were 20 bucks a shot. Even after the prices went up to 30 after WM 14, it was still reasonable. In 2006 The WWE had 15 pay per views for 40 dollars, and 1 pay per view for 50 dollars, so you're asking your fans to pay 650 dollars annually to watch your product, whereas ten years ago, with 12 pay per views for 30 dollars, you only were paying 360 dollars. That's huge, that's almost half of the ammount.

This is were the monopoly has hurt the business. The WWE can now get away with charging this ammount, yet they fail to realize that this isn't the answer. I remember watching 3 pay per views a month during the monday night war with WCW/ECW and WWE.

My Solution.
1. Tri-Brand Pay Per Views Suck. This isn't 2002 when you had amazing Star power in every match. There aren't Brock Lesnars, Triple H, Hogan, Michaels, Taker, Kane, RVD, Steve Austin, STeiner, Rock, Hall, Nash... Etc. to fill the card. Look at that roster in 2002, that was a dream roster. There isn't enough time to develop feuds today.

2. Go Back to Brand Exclusive PPV's. This is the biggest problem with the WWE. There isn't anything to make any brand exclusive from the other. This is why ONS 1 and 2 were beauties to watch, it was not the WWE norm, and this is why people got pumped up for these pay per views. Make the brands more distinctive and have exclusive styles of wrestling.

3. Drop the number of pay per views. Go back to 12 pay per views. Drop NYR, Cyber Sunday, and Vengeance. You have 3 brand exclusive pay per views for Raw and Smackdown, and 2 for ECW. Keep the 4 big ones and have them interpromotional.

4. Drop the price on non-traditional pay per views. People are simply not buying the non big 4 pay per views. I am one of those. I had a streak for years of watching every damn pay per view, but it's to expensive at 40 dollars to watch one. Make the ones that aren't "important" 20-30 dollars and you'll have more buys.

That's what I think anyways.

Well, I have to agree with you here. No doubt, somebody's going to come on and talk crap about your solution though. Lol.

I agree with you on most parts. The PPV's costing 40 bucks is a big pile of ****. I would get WM for 40 dollars and the quality was 100 times better. Sure, they don't have a dream roster anymore, but I think that's largely because of the Brand Extension. The different styles of Wrestling must be pretty hard to do, because of all the ideas that have been used in Wrestling. I think that WWE should look at what made WCW go down the drain. I'm not trying to turn this around, but if any promotion ever turns into a great, well-known promotion, they will over-come the WWE. Now, I may be underestimating them because whenever WWE seems like they suck, they pull it back for a short while.

The PPV thing is a problem. There's no point in doing three brands if you're not going to give them their own PPV's. I guess it's ok to have someone from RAW ''invade'' Smackdown, but for them to keep showing up like Lashley does on RAW, then it gets boring and it makes me wonder why they just don't make Lashley a RAW superstar. Actually, I think that Backlash and Judgement Day will be bought even less than New Year's Revolution 2007. At least NYR was RAW only *Shrug*.

15 PPV's is just way too much. They over-expose their Main Eventers which gets some fans sick and tired of seeing the same thing every week. Especially when some of your top guys are injured. WWE doesn't give a damn about their mid-carders. It's been a long time since they actually gave a mid-carder like Benjamin a hard push. I thought that the man makes the Championship...not that the Championship makes the man...

The bottomline in my opinion is that the WWE is seriously lacking a lot in their PPV's. If it's the quality of the PPV, or if it's something else, but the WWE needs a major shake-up.

Here's the part where I disagree with you. You have to know that the whole WWE roster won't pay itself. Sure, WWE asks a lot, and maybe too much, but to pay that many people can be a hassle. Sometimes Vince makes too big of a profit, and when that happens, he should cut it down. He's made a profit 5 years running. Cutting the PPV price by 5 dollars won't be a major hit on the whole business? Or would it?

I've got a solution: Fire Khali

£14.95 ($40) to see Khali in a MAIN EVENT, and a WWE CHAMPIONSHIP match, really makes me wonder what Vince is trying to achieve.

How guys like Benjamin and MVP etc can be overshadowed so far as to put Khali higher than them is beyond me.

It really does suck.

I agree that paying forty dollars for Backlash and Judgement Day is very steep, especially when you could get Wrestlemania for the same price.

I do think that the tri-brand pay-per-views defeat the purpose of the brand extention. They also make main events less important because they cannot build up a feud in three weeks so they have to have rematches at the next two PPV's after the first one (i.e. Cena-Khali, Edge-Batista, and uhggg Vince-Lashley) just to keep the rivalry going longer than a month.

I really like the idea of going "old school" and having just the five PPV's a year. Then they could build up huge rivalries for more than a month before we see the HUGE main event.

However as Shockmaster said, the WWE will never suggest this idea because overall it would be seen as a lesser oppurtunity to make money. The WWE is a business first, so the money option will always win. Keep dreaming.

Well, after much thought, and looking at some of the numbers put forth in terms of the sales figures that the WWE puts out, it has brought me to several conclusions:

1. The other PPVs are not even remotely as revered as Wrestlemania and are seen as worthless by the majority of the audience (hence the lack of purchases).

2. Wrestlemania will make money even if it is charged through the nose at $50. It'll still sell, so I say keep the price where it's at.

3. They've oversaturated the market by a long shot. Too many PPVs obviously and not enough lead in to each one.

4. The other PPVs aren't as important because of the lack of Tri-branding they received. Hopefully this will be fixed.

As for what I'd do?

1. Cut the number of PPVs back.

I've discussed this in another thread before sometime ago, but I'll do it again, because I'm a geek and I like to type. Reduce the number of PPVs cumulatively to around six or so. Let each angle unfold more naturally, that way the PPVs have time to set up correctly and really have a genuine build so that EVERY PPV seems important. I don't know how many times I didn't even steal one of the interim PPVs because I knew from the predictable outset that it wasn't going to even be important in the end. This ties into my next suggestion.

2. Trim the non-classic PPVs.
Judgment Day. Armageddon. Get rid of them. Period. I'm thinking a schedule that works like this:

January: Royal Rumble

March: Mania

May: King of The Ring/ECW Barely Legal (only B.L. if they do it old school
and hold it in a more intimate setting that focuses on un-sanctioned
and hardcore matches like WCW Uncensored originally was). If it
ends up being King of the Ring, then have the winner get a title
shot at Summerslam in a situation ala Royal Rumble.

July: Summerslam

September: Re-instate one of the old WCW events like Starrcade, Fall
Brawl (featuring WarGames) or
Halloween Havoc (only if it's very late September)

November: Survivor Series

3. Make each PPV signature.
Rumble has the Rumble. Mania has everything. King of the Ring has the tournament. Summerslam has everything. The fall PPV could have WarGames or some equivalent. Survivor Series has the elimination matches. But, have certain gimmick matches specific to certain PPVs. Elimination Chamber only at the Survivor Series as a mandated main event match that the champion has to defend in by law. Have WarGames and the Survivor Series matches be an ECW vs. Smackdown vs. Raw affair with each person selecting a team. Make all these things a yearly tradition that you come to expect. That's why people get fired up for the Rumble. That's why they hold value to Survivor Series. It has bankable tradition.

As a consolation strategy to what they currently do? If they're not going to drop the number of PPVs (which I still think they should because it devalues the TV product and makes it so people don't even want to watch the PPVs, either) make the interim ones (the non-classics) cheaper. Like In Your House was. This way, the average fan doesn't have to qualify for financing or live in the poorhouse because they want to watch The Undertaker's lastest encounter. Just some thoughts. Maybe I'm crazy.

I think they should limit themselves to 12 ppvs a year, and eliminate the tri-brand crap they are doing now, it looks like they are taking a step backwards, I think they should have five interpromotional ppvs, they would be, Wrestlemania, SummerSlam, Royal Rumble, Survivor Series, & KOTR, this would leave seven ppvs total for the rest of the year, three for Raw, three for SD!, and one for ECW, also drop the price of the brand exclusive ppvs to something like $20.00, that's what they cost when they are released on DVD, so that seems reasonable, and I think more parents will be willing to shell out $20 a month as opposed to $40, the other five ppvs should be a little longer to make room for more high quality matches, those ppvs will probably cost more but since they would be longer it would make up for the cost, that's all I got right now, I'll probably come up with more ideas later though

I believe that the best idea is to eliminate the brand extension. It eliminates the problem with feuds, since the feuds can go on for three different shows a week. And, yes i know that would make superstars more prone to injuries, but would that really change anything. What are like a dozen of the top stars out now? If they did this, it would obviously need less ppv's, but it would cause an ability for more people to be able to feud. Also, they need to force Rock and Austin to wrestle again (that wouldn't really help, i just want to see them back)

I believe that the best idea is to eliminate the brand extension. It eliminates the problem with feuds, since the feuds can go on for three different shows a week. And, yes i know that would make superstars more prone to injuries, but would that really change anything. What are like a dozen of the top stars out now? If they did this, it would obviously need less ppv's, but it would cause an ability for more people to be able to feud. Also, they need to force Rock and Austin to wrestle again (that wouldn't really help, i just want to see them back)

The last thing they need to do is get rid of the brand extension. What would happen to all the talented mid carders? They would get fired. How would new superstars like Kennedy & MVP get over? Surley it would be much harder for them. They would have to wait untill there was a run of injurys like there is now.

With PPV's now being multi brand there on the right step. But personally I want to see them cut down to about 7 PPV's a year. W.M., Summer Slam, KOTR, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble and two PPV's after W.M. & Summer Slam.

We are pretty lucky in Ireland and UK as skysports show backlash, one night stand(which this year looks amazing card), GAB, Unforgiven, Cyber Sunday, December To Dismember, New Years Revolution and NWO ALL FOR FREE!!

And even so , for the rest of the ppv's, they still only charge €21.95/£14.95 for ppvs and thats the same for WM!!

Well those are al pretty good ideas but just think if they destroyed all that brand shit and instead of having ECW, Smackdown! and Raw & went back to classic WWE no brands, just plain WWE....
They could then cut the no. of PPV's to like 9 having the main 4:
Wrestlemania, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, SummerSlam.
And then the hype building 5:
Backlash, Vengance, No Mercy, Armageddon, Cyber Sunday.
This would conclude to more recovery time for big matches, no need for people to visit other brands to build hype, rivalries between a wider selection of superstars & this would give our big superstars that are currently injured such as Kennedy, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Triple H, Rey Mysterio etc. time to recover & not have to compete 24/7 every show, 100%.
We have lost a number of huge superstars over this : Overperforming shit, where our wrestlers are getting physically and mentally over worked every show, top rate superstars like Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Big Show, Sabu, Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, Scott Steiner, Chris Jericho, Test & many others have vanished from the WWE because of them being physically over worked, not only has this problem been going on for nearly 10 whole years now but the problem is still carrying on and we need to do something about it in result this is my solution:

Cutting the brands
2 WWE shows a week (monday & Friday)
Less PPV's
Recruiting more young guns (take place for some of our legends)
Cut half the titles (more contenders)
Cutting the price on smaller PPV's (leaving more on BIG ones)

Well thats pretty much it, i hope all of you guys appreciate my opinions as mch as i appreciated yours.
Thanks
Hol' tite
:headbanger:

We are pretty lucky in Ireland and UK as skysports show backlash, one night stand(which this year looks amazing card), GAB, Unforgiven, Cyber Sunday, December To Dismember, New Years Revolution and NWO ALL FOR FREE!!

And even so , for the rest of the ppv's, they still only charge €21.95/£14.95 for ppvs and thats the same for WM!!

i feel bad for people who dont live in ireland & the UK 40 dollars is alot of money and also because we get all th latest wwe dvd releases like the 4 horsemen,the mcmahon dvd,the hulk hogan dvd for free the day after they are released,

do people in the US have to pay to see these on PPV or what

oh ya and we get SmackDown! before the rest of the:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: world!!

I feel that One Night Stand is actually looking to be a step in the right direction to solving the PPV problem. I for one don't mind purchasing a PPV that has out of the ordinary matches. The simple one on one championship matches are nothing that we don't see on RAW or Smackdon. Whith the exception of that they are longer. Throwing in some different types of matches like tables matches and ladder matches. In my opinion make for a better match anyway. I don't know if it's me, but I feel besides the wrestling seeing guys get nailed with a table or jump off a ladder makes for an amazing match!

Looking at Yes! WWE needs to cut back on the PPV's as this is getting way out of hand from 12 to 16 PPV's with some PPV's within just a matter of weeks of one another. Then the price as honestly McMahon think families nowadays are going shell out 40 bucks every month and sometimes twice in a month... I don't think so. So I think the WWE needs to do a few things and that is...

1. Cut Back the Number of PPV's per year
Really 16 is way out of hand and even 12 is too much as i feel that there should be February PPV as its pointless what a batter way to build Mania then just after the Rumble as the Rumble does a good job of that and it adds more to Mania IMO. Also cut out the Backlash PPV as let the happenings at Mania consit longer as when the next PPV comes around People will be more willing to buy as you make your grand daddy ppv the best. Rest of the schedule i see as follows:

January- Royal Rumble
March- Wrestlemania
May- Vengeance
June King of the Ring
July- Great American Bash
August- Summerslam
September- Fall Brawl
October- Backlash
November- Survivor Series
December- Uncensored

2. Lower the prices of PPVS thare not the big ones
Really why have PPV's like Backlash be the same price as the Royal Rumble makes no sense at all. as the Rumble is the bigger of the two. I can see Mania staying the same and the Rumbe, Survivor Series,KOTR, and Summerslam being 40 dollars a pop, but have the rest be 30 dollars as i can live with that or even 25 as it make it much more reasonable for families to afford.

3. Lastly, improve the overall production of the PPV's

Yes, I said improve as this year has been an utter joke so far and none of these PPV IMO have been worth the price that they are. Least if they put some meaning back in the way they did PPV then people wouldn't mind buying each one again. I mean remember when it was true that no one does PPV like the WWE, well right now i can say no one would want to do PPV like WWE as it has been shity. I used to buy every WWE PPV that started in 1991 and ended in 2003 after WM 19. Now can you tell what happened? Well what happened was that WWE product went to hell with PPV except a few. They need to give the same respect they give the big ones to the regular non big ones.

Now will WWE does this? NO, McMahon and company has this vision and they will not change for anyone but heres to hoping

In Australia we pay $30 per PPV and we get to see it on replay 3 times so $30 for four times I think is reasonable.

We too also get SD! early too.

In relation to the PPV problem...
I like how ONE NIGHT STAND was tagged with the Extremes Rules Tag.
It gave the PPV a point of difference.

With Vengeance tagged The Night of Champions grabbed my attention straight away. Maybe because I'm easily persuaded by marketing... but I would like to see a PPV with all matches Championship matches.

I guess that's why the Royal Rumble works and is proberly my Favourite PPV of the year.
It has difference.
It's The only time of year you get to see a match with massive hype plus the added factor of the huge gap between Armageddon to the Rumble left me hungery for a PPv action(this is before December to Dismember and New Years Rev cam about).

With that In mind my PPV schedual is This

Jan : Royal Rumble: The Road to Wrestlemania Begins
March: Wrestlemania
Jun: King of the Ring: Bow Down To the King... Winner fights Champ at Summer Slam
or
Jun: Cyber Sunday: You Decide....
Aug: Summer Slam:
Nov: Survivor Series: Witness the Elimination Chamber (Exclusive to Survior Series)

I also feel each Brand needs to have one PPV per year.
Some people follow one brand more than the others and it will showcase the whole roster for one show. Like a One time to shine.

They should tag it Like Vengeance: Night of Champions having all the titles defended or after a superstar e.g. Backlash: It's all about the Game (Lame I know)

April: Backlash (RAW) Night of Champions
Sept: One Night Stand (ECW) Night of Champions
Dec: Great American Bash (SD!) Night of Champions

WWE is seemingly trying to give each PPV a theme. Which is a good idea. ONS has all extreme rules. Vengeance is the Night of Champions. I honestly think that Vince doesn't want to have everyone buy eac and every PPV. He wants to make as much money on each PPV as possibel. If he lowers the price of each PPV he will increase buys but will not make as much money. Vince is a buisness man after all and realizes this. He is marketing certain PPVs to certain people at different times. He has 15 PPVs a year and he is trying to maximize his profit by showcasing different things at different times.

i feel bad for people who dont live in ireland & the UK 40 dollars is alot of money and also because we get all th latest wwe dvd releases like the 4 horsemen,the mcmahon dvd,the hulk hogan dvd for free the day after they are released,

do people in the US have to pay to see these on PPV or what

oh ya and we get SmackDown! before the rest of the:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: world!!

in Fact Australia get it on a Thursday.

Personally, In The UK, We get 7 of the PPV's free. (Or not if you consider the WWE Channel - Sky Sports- costs £20 a month. hence why i only buy the PPV's from a friend at £3 each)

The WWE Should cut the PPV numbers.

Advance the titles. Eg. Sure we could be building Edge Vs Kane for SS, We want to keep the physicals till Summerslam. What do we do??

We have an Intercontinental or US title match in the main event!!
It would be reat if the titles were that well developed!

in 2000 HHH, The Rock , Rikishi etc were all going for this title. It was so prestegious.

The main titles in the WWE should be

World Heavyweight
WWE
Intercontinental
World Tag
US
Cruiser

The Hardys and London and Kendrick could have had an amazing 2/3 matches at the 3 PPV's after Backlash. This would have culminated in the winner at Vengeance unified the titles. Trish could have retired with the title. Sparing us from Lita and Cryme Time. Bobby could have been stripped of the title and ECW given the intercontinental champ instead and ECW having that as a main title. The Cruiser could go to ECW and then

World Heavyweight - SD!
WWE- RAW
Intercontinental - ECW
World Tag - RAW
US - SD!
Cruiser - ECW

PPV's could be used to further storylines in segments if the WWE dont want the title on the line. Look at Pipers pit at WM 21. that was a selling point.

There are no more personal rivalries like Taker vs HHH that was not for a title. Possibly the best 2 HIAC's Were not for titles (HIAC 1&3) and Kurt , Shawn was not for a title. Does this not teach a lesson. Everything does not need to be for a title

I Just wish WWE Would listen!!

Actually, I'd like to see what the WWE did prior to when WCW was pushing for doing ordinary monthly PPV's; hold your 5 typical big events (Rumble, WrestleMania, KOTR, SSlam, SSeries) that costs more but hold the In Your House PPV's on the months they're not holding the bigger PPV's for a lower cost. It would definitely hype the major 5 PPV's if that's all we have (5 PPV's per year) but I think I would be very impatient having to wait months for a PPV.

However, the WWE needs to spend time watching their own WWE 24/7 On-Demand programing or their own classic DVD's or VHS's and actually learn how to deliver PPV quality events instead of an ordinary TV quality show with the only difference being one extra hour and 3 extra matches.

A few things to remember about WWE PPVs.

First number of buys really does not mean anything. It's revenue created off of PPV buys which the WWE seeks to maximize. So, for example, if the WWE can sell 15 PPVs at $10 or 12 PPV at $15, which one do you think they'll push? Obviously the $15 PPV. So, comparing buyrates is not always the best way to go. Instead, you have to look at revenue created from buyrates.

Second, as for MadMetal's comments on looking back on how to do a PPV, the biggest difference between PPVs then and now is simply overexposure. To many PPVs, too many hours of TV, and too much wrestling in general. In 1997, you had two hours of WWF and 2 or three hours of WCW. But, the WWF and WCW overlapped, so you only had one night of actual wrestling. Now, you have wrestling on as often as 6 nights a week sometimes. Raw on Monday, ECW on Tuesday, Impact on Thursday, Smackdown on Friday, Impact replay and SNME on Saturday, and PPVs on Sunday. It's just too much. It makes the product less special when it's oversaturated.

Third, the current format for television takes prestige away from PPVs. Now, PPV shows are the same matches you can watch for free on TV. Hell, we've already see Orton vs. Cena this year. Back in the old days, your TV shows consisted of mostly squash matches and one decent main-event. Seeing the biggest name in the company go at each other was a rare and special occasion. It's not anymore. Between the current TV format and PPV market, you can see it all the time.

Finally, I noticed that Shockmaster talked about rough numbers for PPV buys, but said he didn't have any numbers. I am here to provide the numbers.

WWEPPVbuyrates.jpg

First off, I apologize for posting an image of a spreadsheet. It's just easier that way.

Second off, this includes PPV name, year, price for show, and the buy rate.

Third, the WWE has a tendency to change numbers around on their buyrates. For example, I've seen two different numbers posted by the WWE for their 2006 One Night Stand buyrate as well as a couple other shows. I took the latest numbers released I could find. Keep in mind, that while these are official numbers directly from the WWE themselves, the numbers could change. As for why, I think it has to do with the difference in Fiscal year and Transitional year they went through in 2006.

Finally, the Great American Bash 2007 buyrate is just an early estimate that was released recently. It is not the final official number.

For starters thneed to cut down on pay per views per year.AS of right now they have about 15 or 16.They need to cut down to about 6 or 7.Obviously they keep the main 5 and add a King of Ring and maybe keep one of the other pay per views.This allows feuds to grow into big matches with much hype and anticipation.

They also need to get rid of the whole tri branded pay pey view thing.They have about 15 pay per views per year and decide to put every brant doesn'td on their.Firt, this doesn't give a rivalry enough time to build.They start the rivalry and three weeks later it is dropped.They need to have consistan and long rivalries.Second, it doesn't give any room to showcase other feuds that look somewhat good because they are wrapped up with title matches and big feuds.This allows every feud to be showcased.

Next, they need to have annual things at each big pay per view.For the Royal Rumble we need to be assured the Royal Rumble and have is as the main event.Wrrestlemania is just good ol' Wrestlemania.King of the Ring has the tournament.Summerslam has everything showcased.Survivor Series has the annual elimination matches and the elimination chamber.This way everyone knows what they are paying for and expect something good.

Extend the time from about two and a half hours to about 3 and a half or four hours and make wrestlemania about five this way every feud gets its chance to be on the pay per view.

WWE just has to do the two things evryone is saying:
1- Lower the price
2- Less PPV's per year

I think another good idea is to make the PPV's have different matches than the last. For instance, Cena face Umaga at New Years Revolution and Royal Rumble, plus Cena and Khali fought at Judgement Day and One Night Stand. Why? That makes the first PPV completely worthless. Make every PPV different.

Also, shift the championships around a little more and make the feuds a little less predictable. There's no point in ordering a pay-per-view if you know that, say, John Cena is just going to win and defend the title again.

WWE just has to do the two things evryone is saying:
1- Lower the price
2- Less PPV's per year

But, that would not be smart. While you may increase the average PPV buy, you run the risk of losing revenue created from the PPVs. I would say do one or the other. But, I think both would not be a good idea.

I thought the whole Smackdown vs Raw was a good survivor series match. They should continue that at survivor series 3 Brands 5 People on each brand elimination style HIAC. Make it like Wargames or Lethal Lockdown. Which ever brand wins all five of them get a week to control the other two brands
Team Raw: Cena, Triple H, HBK, Orton, and Lashley
Team Smackdown: Batista, Edge, Kane, Undertaker, and Rey Mysterio
Team ECW: Rob Van Dam, CM Punk, John Morrison, Elijah Bruke, and Marcus Cor Von.

I say that they should separate them again
Smackdown should have there own pay-per-view and
Raw and ECW should have there own PPV's
I think they should also lower the prices
Most importantly i think they should make better storylines that
Lead up to the pay-per-view

like most of the people here the wwe should cut down on its ppvs and also bulid up huge 3 hour tv shows before the big ppvs to build up more intrest a week b4 the ppv, eg:January - Rumble,
Feb - 3 hour Raw Wrestlemania Special,
March/April - WrestleMania,
June - King Of the ring,
July - 3 hour smackdown summerslam special,
August - Summerslam,
Sept - 3 hour ecw barley legal special,
oct - ecw barely legal,
nov - Survivor series
dec - cyber 'saturday', during the saturday nights main event show which if done honestly by wwe would b worth watching and a good end of year show.
i also think ecw should b less like wwe and take out most of the new draft picks out (boogeyman, big daddy v) and put up and comers from tna,ovw and fcw in as if it was a continuation of the old ecw with more hardcore wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back