What the HELL ??

ztwhite

The Future Mr. Kelly Kelly
It was reported several weeks ago on the WZ news site that the WWE was changing the name of their "Hell in a Cell" match to simply "The Cell".

It was apparently due in large part to the product's PG rating and "Hell in a Cell" was no longer appropriate.

Obviously, hell is an acceptable word to use regardless of whether it's a PG rating or not, but if they're changing "Hell in a Cell", why did they bring back the "3 Stages of Hell" match for The Bash ??

It really makes no sense when you think about it. "Hell in the Cell" has provided us with some of the most memorable matches in WWF / WWE history and they seem willing to kick that monicker to curb pretty seemlessly. Yet they'll bring back a match that hasn't been featured in over six years. WTF ?????

I was surprised that Vince did not say "Three Stages of Heck" when he was spraying Randy with saliva during there backstage encounter.

This is not unlike what WWE has been doing in the recent past. John Cena's finisher abruptly changes to the Attitude Adjustment (which is a rip off of Lex Luger's piledriver finish during his first World Title run in WCW), Vince gets up in Donald Trump's face and says the next time he sees him he is going to put him on his "billionaire mmmmBUTT".

As for bringing back the Three Stages of H-E-double hockey sticks match, where else can Orton - HHH go, really? A "Winner gets Stephanie McMahon butt sex for life" match? I think the WWE was just looking for a very dramatic way to blow off a feud that has been going on for way too long and they didn't want to resort to the old Cell standby.

I dearly hope after this PPV they find someone fresh for Orton to work with.

I was surprised that Vince did not say "Three Stages of Heck" when he was spraying Randy with saliva during there backstage encounter..
lol haha yeah i was suprised too...
i think hell is acceptable, and i believe the wwe does too, because trump and mcmahon must of said hell a good 5 times each...
if they do change hell in the cell to the cell thatd be the stupidest thing ever!
and they already changed steel cage match to rage in the cage too....

I'm kind of looking at the "helll" situation as it was Vince's idea to go PG so he probably set some ground rules for everybody else in the business(don't say this, don't do that, don't cross-chop those) but since its his show he'll give himself some slack and say hell. I mean its his show its his show and he feels like saying it then let him, atleast it'll be his fault for hurting the PG rating he has.

It was reported several weeks ago on the WZ news site that the WWE was changing the name of their "Hell in a Cell" match to simply "The Cell".

So where was this made official? Is Ric Flair also Raw's General Manager?

It was apparently due in large part to the product's PG rating and "Hell in a Cell" was no longer appropriate.

Boom! Shot in the foot, I imagine you'll go on to treat this matter as speculation and not fact?

Obviously, hell is an acceptable word to use regardless of whether it's a PG rating or not, but if they're changing "Hell in a Cell", why did they bring back the "3 Stages of Hell" match for The Bash ??

It really makes no sense when you think about it. "Hell in the Cell" has provided us with some of the most memorable matches in WWF / WWE history and they seem willing to kick that monicker to curb pretty seemlessly. Yet they'll bring back a match that hasn't been featured in over six years. WTF ?????

I guess not. It was probably just a big pile of internet hoo-hah. That said, does it really matter? They can call it the Dominatrix's Steel Encampment of Doom for all I care, as long as the quality of the match doesn't decrease, noone should care, people will still associate "The Cell" with Mankind being lobbed from it or the epic Lesnar/Taker match, it's a bit like the "Money in the Bank", it's not like people have forgotten it's a ladder match and start to think they're fighting in a bank vault or something.

I think the whole name change thing is a bunch of internet speculation. The only way to know for sure is to wait until they book the match and see what they call it.

One would think that the fact they're having a three stages of hell match just this Sunday would end aforementioned speculation. Oh well.

Look folks, I really don't give a damn wat they call the fucking match as long as it don't suck. And really, if they had changed it, don't you think that the Three Stages of Hell Match would have been changed to the Three Stages Match? Just like with Cena's move the FU, just because it's now the Attitude Adjustment doesn't change it. It's still the same fucking move. Same as with Hell in a Cell, even if they do call it The Cell, it's still the same damn match as it was before! Thus, the only thing that's changed is the name of the move/match, not the move/match itself.

Its a case of someone reading far too much into a simple statement. I went back and found the original article.
Jordan Howes sent along the following: A recent article in WWE magazine discussed War Games as an event at the original Great American Bash. The article said, “Without it there’d be no Elimination Chamber or Kennel from Hell.” Later it said, “At PPVs and events around the globe, WWE fans marvel at wicked steel-and-chain structures like the Elimination Chamber or the Cell.” While it is not certain, this may a sign the WWE is no longer going to call the match Hell in a Cell in their continuing approach to be family friendly.

In the sentence I bolded above, the article reference structures, such as the Elimination Chamber or the Cell. Hell in a Cell is a type of match, that take place inside...wait for it...the Cell. Some matches take place inside just a regular ring, some inside a steel cage, some inside the Cell. You wouldn't look at a regular ring and point and say, "Hey, look at the ropes on that three-way-dance." But, apparently Mr Jordan Howes wanted to see his name in print so he decided to take a minuscule tidbit from an article in a magazine and try to turn it into a news story. He'll be a great journalist someday, perfect for FOX news or a Yahoo blog. I love the fact that in the very same article he references, he also included the quote
“Without it there’d be no Elimination Chamber or Kennel from Hell.”
So apparently the WWE is relunctant to call it Hell in a Cell but still willing to discuss the Kennel From Hell match? Good call ;)

Both Donald Trump and John Cena said Hell last night on the air so I don't see why they need to change the name. Little Kids no that hell is a bad place to be so I don't see what the big deal is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back