What now for Smackdown?

I agree with the sentiment of some in here regarding Orton. They've got to move him to Smackdown now. He would be the top face and could immediately feud with ADR.

There are virtually no top faces on Smackdown so unless they're going to totally put Christian over (as a face) they have to move someone to Smackdown.

I think this will force them to turn toward the young talent they have waiting in the wings. No longer can they rely on the veteran wrestlers as much as they have, it's time to turn things over to the next generation.

I do agree with several others that either Cena or Orton should be moved to Smackdown if the brand extension is to continue.

While I will obviously miss Edge in the ring, I look forward to the future and seeing what Alberto del Rio and many of the young talents can do when given the chance.

One interesting dynamic is that the WWE's recent policy of introducing young talents as heels has now given them a glut on that side and I expect more than a few face turns in the near future.

I think Christian should be given some time to try and flourish in that new role that Edge has left, god knows he deserves it. The answer is simple, scrap the draft and unify the brands, most people with an ounce of sense see it that way too. Bring it back when the roster gets bigger again and the WWE recruit more talent.

My God, PLEASE let Christian be given the ball and roll with it. The man deserves it. Besides, he's every bit as good as Edge in my view. I don't see why the man can't at least try to carry the show. I wouldn't have a problem with him at the very least competing with Del Rio at the Extreme Rules ladder match. He can work a ladder match as well as Edge can. After that, hopefully the draft will get some more faces onto the show but not too big that Christian gets overshadowed. Smackdown has a pretty big influx of heels and with Mysterio as injury prone as he is at this stage of his career, I'm honestly scared for the face side of things at this point.

If the WWE ever needed a time to push Christian into the champion role then this is it. They can build him up until the pay per view as emotional and determined to win the championship that his best friend had to relinquish. Honestly, if Christian doesn't get an opportunity now then he never will. Now or never. I'm hoping that he gets the shot.

Nice sig Notorious (and Stinger) but that last photo on the right makes Edge look like the father of Hornswoggle. :)

I think since the Draft is coming up soon, and John Cena is THE face of Raw (all pun intended to Michael Cole), Randy Orton will more than likely move over to SmackDown!, perhaps as early as tonight's tapping, but I doubt it'll be that soon. I do forsee Orton moving over and possibly feuding with Del Rio, who, by default, will more than likely now be the new WHC. Since Orton pretty much lost in the first match of the 5 way scramble (whatever you wanna call it), then it makes sense to move him now. Looks like they're trying to keep things still lit between he & C.M. Punk, so maybe The New Nexus gets broken up with some members moving to SmackDown & some staying on Raw. Also, since The Core looks like they're breaking apart as well, it would seem likely that the same situation applies there. But more than likely Randy Orton will take the place of Edge on the roster.

This is a good opportunity for someone on the Smackdown undercard to step up. We all heard Masters was supposed to get a post WM push so that might happen soon. Also I think Kane will be used in the upper mid card again do to Edge retiring.

Smackdown should have a ladder match for the WHC, and then Miz should cahllenge and win it, becoming the 2nd ever undisputed champion.
Triple H, Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker, The Rock and Brock Lesnar were all Undisputed champion, along with Chris Jericho. That would make Miz the seventh, not the second, Undisputed champion.

I really could see the end of the split, but if that doesn't happen, I see Orton moving to Smackdown! and Christian getting his chance to shine before the Draft.

Most of the superstars that are over 35 years old are leaving or retiring, so if anything they should let most of the superstars that actually have talent in the ring become themselves and not be held down with "WWE style". I just think its disgusting. The following should be main-eventers for this year:

Daniel Bryan
Drew McIntyre
Dolph Ziggler
John Morrison
Kofi Kingston
Alex Riley
Husky Harris (the guys acutally good)
Sin Cara

I am a bit new here, so bear with me. I read these forums a lot and enjoy reading what you all have to say. About Edge's void from retirement:
Obviously, the E has to replace Edge. Christian is the best candidate currently on the Smackdown brand. If not him, I could see Del Rio being the number one guy on SD, but I definitely don't like that. I see many of you think Orton will make the switch. I could see this happening, too. Do I like it? I don't know. CM Punk is a killer heel, but I don't see him being great as a face. He could possibly make the move if the killswitch is pulled on the new Nexus. Hopefully it is. However, deep down, my inner fan is screaming for Daniel Bryan to fall by the wayside and The American Dragon to be unleashed. Move Danielson to Smackdown. That man is capable of some incredible matches. He DOES have mic skills, albeit nowhere near the stellar level. He's already over with the crowd a bit. This is just an idea in my head, probably won't happen. Maybe Morrison isn't going to be completely buried. Move him to SD. I apologize in advance if I'm not within forum rules or guidelines. I don't write these things out as well as some of you do. Cheers!

As a 3rd Generation Wrestling fan, i must say that here is the major thing that WWE mucst do now to save its self with tv rating a merchandise.

the main this is let the FANS decide who and what they like. My biggest problem is that in the last 8 years there shoving their talent down our throats. I rememebr ppl like Hogan, Austin, Rock, Bruno Sammartino they did not become mega stars over night. They had to mature their Characters over time and let the fans attract to them. and by doing that the fans become in love with the business and their favorite wrestler, but now a days you got cena and orton where they make their debut in 2002 and withing 2 years are shoved down our throats and made maga stars.

Hogan debuted in pro wrestling 1977 and did not become mega star until 1984.
Austin Debuted in prowrestling in the Early 90s and did not reah mega star stats until late 1998.
Rock even with two hall of famers in his family debuted in 1996 in prowrestling and did not reach mega star stat until late 1999 early 2000.
Bruno Sammartino debuted in 1959 and did not became a mega star until 1963.

So as you see above with the stars that i mention they did not become mega stars over night but yet yaers after they retire there still a house hold name why cause they slowly were made and not shoved down th ppls throats, and that what the wwe needs to do again. if they dont i will see them out of business in 10 years.

i think vince should give Christian a chance as the top face on smackdown it cant hurt to give him a chance! i think christian should replace edge in the whw title match at extreme rules then FINALLY give him the title and he can fued with del rio! thts what i would do but i doubt vince will do it sesne hes a dumbass in his old age :lmao:

I wouldn't mind seeing Cena on Smackdown actually, it would freshen him up abit which he badly needs. I do hope Christian gets a World title now finally, if there was ever a time for it it's now. On a side note, i hope Cody Rhodes gets involved in the main event picture soon :D

I think it's time to give Christian the chance to be the top face and world champion. He's already over with crowd and now I think he'll be even more over. By having the sentimental value of being Edge's best friend. If he gets put in the ladder match at Extreme Rules. With Edge in his corner and somewhat pass the torch to him. That would make him even more popular. Edge has said he wanted his last match to be dropping the belt to him. Maybe he can convince Vince to give Christian the chance.

They do need to bring another big name over to Smackdown. I think it will be Jericho when he returns. Or possibly Orton I don't see Cena leaving Raw. I think they will keep him on the flagship show, because when The Rock makes appearances. They wouldn't want Cena and The Rock fighting or verbally bashing each on a taped show.

If the WWE ever needed a time to push Christian into the champion role then this is it. They can build him up until the pay per view as emotional and determined to win the championship that his best friend had to relinquish. Honestly, if Christian doesn't get an opportunity now then he never will. Now or never. I'm hoping that he gets the shot.

Nice sig Notorious (and Stinger) but that last photo on the right makes Edge look like the father of Hornswoggle. :)

I felt the same thing. If Edge promotes Christian on Smackdown and then your scenario plays out, it could put Christian over big time. :)

WWE needs to pick up the phone and call Y2J right now. He could fill Edge's role. He's great at getting guys over.

WWE needs to shift to an "old guy movement" so that the old guys can give the youth credibility.

As long as Cena sticks around, I don't think we're going to see a major hit in the ratings. Honestly, how many people were watching entire episodes of Raw or Smackdown JUST to see Rey or Edge? As long as the entire show meshes and flows along in a good way, ratings will stay the same, as the WWE's been doing extremely well for the past couple of months with what they've had to work with.

The WWE using younger stars in the main event scene indefinitely is going to be the most desperate state of affairs we'll see, so there's nothing to worry about.

As a 3rd Generation Wrestling fan, i must say that here is the major thing that WWE mucst do now to save its self with tv rating a merchandise.

the main this is let the FANS decide who and what they like. My biggest problem is that in the last 8 years there shoving their talent down our throats. I rememebr ppl like Hogan, Austin, Rock, Bruno Sammartino they did not become mega stars over night. They had to mature their Characters over time and let the fans attract to them. and by doing that the fans become in love with the business and their favorite wrestler, but now a days you got cena and orton where they make their debut in 2002 and withing 2 years are shoved down our throats and made maga stars.

Hogan debuted in pro wrestling 1977 and did not become mega star until 1984.
Austin Debuted in prowrestling in the Early 90s and did not reah mega star stats until late 1998.
Rock even with two hall of famers in his family debuted in 1996 in prowrestling and did not reach mega star stat until late 1999 early 2000.
Bruno Sammartino debuted in 1959 and did not became a mega star until 1963.

So as you see above with the stars that i mention they did not become mega stars over night but yet yaers after they retire there still a house hold name why cause they slowly were made and not shoved down th ppls throats, and that what the wwe needs to do again. if they dont i will see them out of business in 10 years.

What your saying is true but you can have people like truth and john morrison that have waited patienly and this is the time to shine and cena wasnt shoved down our throats the fans hated and loved him since his debuet. any way the sheer talent they have is good the corre new nexus punk can still go a-ri sheamus bryan truth morrison mvp might be coming back soon christan still good kofi and the newly debueted sin cara can keep this company afloat and good ratings for a while then in the middle of that you got tyler black and kong coming in soon to reshape the title division for womwns and wwe championship and with better tag teams on the way like gabriel and slater the usos (are they still on the roster) santio and kozvel and maybe shelton begmion and charlie hass back the wwe is set for a good 13 years with this talent

I would rather not see him in the title picture at all, To me Orton is both overrated and uninteresting. Use him as a tool to feud with midcards but thats about it.

As you can tell I don't like Randy 'Headlock' Orton

its funny that you mention taker cause when taker is on SD he is the main event.
triple hhh putting over del rio? how about no. del rio sucks, he is mid card at best (if that).
-christain could do good but he isnt ready to be the big kahuna of a brand yet. but as long as he keeps showing up he will get their.
-chris masters, funny how you forget about him, infact, most people have, but lets face it, he could be big if the wwe were to use him.
-triple hhh on smackdown is unlikely cause he only works dark matchs now, and is only around if the deadman is around. so with this lack of wrestling i dont expect him to move to smackdown ever.
-heath slater and justin gabriel, maybe not the people carrying SD, but if they left the corre these 2 guys could be huge.
-mason ryan, come draft time have him drafted to SD, he could be a dominant force.
-skip sheffield, if he should ever return have him go over to SD, within a year of 2 of him dominating people and people getting behind him he could be huge.
at the moment most of these guys arent to big, but they can be blown up to be big names, of course, wwe would have to give them a push and skip would have to return.

To be honest. The WWE Draft is coming up. It always takes place after Wrestlemania. The Titles could very we'll be switched along with the superstar carrying the gold. The Miz goes to Smackdown, Del Rio/Christian goes to Raw. Smackdown needs a face. John Cena could very we'll switch brands. Smackdown has been failing for the past decade. I never watch Smackdown, I just read results but I never miss Raw. If Cena joins Smackdown then it would push ratings and you can build up Cena/Rock from the show inspired by the great one. Other than that I'm sticking with The Miz or CM Punk...maybe Jack Swagger.

ok, for me, what i would do is on the WWE Draft, move guys like Daniel Bryan and Alex Riley to Smackdown and then move other guys to RAW that arent being used well on Smackdown and if that's including McIntyre then do it, if not then have McIntyre as a major player on Smackdown and do the same with Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett. do NOT move Cena to Smackdown, he's going to be feuding with Rock next year and wants the WWE title, keep him there and while i like Orton, sending him to Smackdown could hurt him.

Sheamus will go to Smackdown, but he isn't a reason to watch the show.

I think it'll be Randy Orton.

Orton's been on RAW a long time, and as much as i'd rather he stay there, he has nobody to fued with on RAW, except Ziggler.

I'd actually turn Morrison heel "prince of darkness/hardcore" and have him rule smackdown.

Also just putting it out there, a face Miz could do it.

Just have Triple H put people over for 2-3 months. Maybe have a big SummerSlam blowoff with someone to REALLY make sure they get over. If you pull one guy up, everyone else gets moved up too by association.

Another thing to consider, maybe Smackdown isn't Raw's equal anymore. It's not on a channel as widely available as USA. It's certainly not as recognizeable. Maybe they don't want Smackdown to be huge.

I'd consider having several wrestlers go "both ways" to help keep Smackdown afloat until you establish more guys.

I really dont think Triple H has to put people over just for the hell of it. He had an awesome match with Taker at Mania, but I could really care less if he puts over some young guy who might not stick around just for the hell of it. Same thing for Undertaker. Look at the people Triple H has put over regardless if their still around or not: Randy Orton, Batista, to an extent Benoit, the damn Spirit Squad which includes Ziggler, Jeff Hardy, Vladimir Kozlov, Carlito, Legacy, Jericho to an extent when he was about to win his first WWE title, and of course Sheamus. Its time for Orton and Cena to start putting over young guys more, especially Orton who has only put over Legacy and The Miz. To freshen SD up I think they need guys like Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back