The Champ Is Here!.......Again?: If Cena Wins At NOC, What Should He Do Next?

Bill.

Just Bill.
I know there is are specific NOC topics, but this is an "If...then..." one about if John Cena winning at NOC. Now, I'm not a John Cena fan, but I'm not a Cena hater either. However, I know who I surprisingly want to win at NOC.

John Cena.

Yes, John Cena. This isn't a spam post, I mean it, & here's why. I originally thought HHH would form a Corporation/nWo-like stable with Del Rio as the corporate champ, biut it doesn't seem likely at this point? If it doesn't happen, then I sincerely think John Cena should win the title again(of course HHH vs. Punk would be the M.E., not his match). So, if Del Rio retains, we'll probably see Cena get a rematch, which would be boring & stupid. Now, you may say, "Well, Bill, if Cena wins, the same thing will happen you idiot!". Well, maybe it will. BUT, let's say Del Rio doesn't get a rematch against Cena. Since we have Raw SuperShow now, Del Rio could go after the WHC, right? I'd rather see Orton vs. Del Rio a few times with Rhodes & DiBiase mixed in then Cena vs. ADR. So what will Cena do? Well, he'll be in the same spot as Orton. A SD guy could go after his title. There's Wade Barret, Christian, etc. Plus, with Del Rio on SD, other Raw guys like Swagger, Ziggler, & Morrison could get involved in the title picture, too. Plus, if Del Rio is out of the picture, maybe even CM Punk could go back on the hunt, but this time HHH is involved, possibly making Cena a corporate champion. OR..... HHH could recruit Miz & Truth & make Miz the champ or something by screwing over both Punk & Cena. The point is, Del Rio doesn't seem to have "it" to be the perfect champion yet, so I think someone(even Cena) should take the title off of him. Now, if the "rules" won't allow Raw guys to go after SD title & vise versa, then essentially everything I said means nothing.

Either way, if Cena DOES win:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What will happen to Del Rio?

-If you DON'T think Cena should've won, how would you've booked the PPV?

Feel free to add or omit any of these points in your replies. My idea is probaly unrealistic, but let's hear some other ones.

---Bill

I personally think this feud between Cena and Del Rio is to give Cena something to do while C. M. Punk is dealing with the Game/C.O.O. I think this feud will continue untill Vengence when Cena will finally beat Del Rio in a possible Submission match. I'm pretty sure Del Rio will be Champ for WWE's Mexican Tour, I don't know exactly when that is and when it ends but i think they want Del Rio carrying the top prize during that time, which seems to make good business sense. By time Survivor Series I think Cena will be champ and probably tag up with the Rock to take on a possible team of C.M Punk and Alberto Del Rio, in a Wrestlemania 28 warm up match for the Rock. But it's a little early to know which way wwe will take cena and Del Rio and Game and Punk, in my opinion. I'll be watching to see what happens.

Well, I don't see Cena winning, but just to answer your questions:

Cena will squash Del Rio again in their Hell In A Cell match and after that, he can go and compete against RAW's upper midcarders until Wrestlemania, whick will be BORING. Or a Heel turn, possibly at Survivor Series, MSG.

If the WWE feel okay with him, then he will be traded to Smackdown, if not, he will go down the card on RAW, until he repackage himself as a heel.

Actually I was hoping for a Triple Threat match between Punk, Cena & Del Rio. But with Punk facing HHH now and not at MSG, I feel that WWE has planned something bigger for him after his feud with HHH is over. So i'm akay with the current card. I see a DQ victory for Cena, or Del Rio cheating to win, thus building up Hell In A Cell on RAW, the following night.

If that happens clealry they need to fire Del Rio...becasue if he screwed up so badly that they want to take the title off him before the Mexican tour he has to have screwed up Jeff hardy/Scott Hall bad

If they did it well they pretty much have to have feed him some one to destroy as on Raw outside Punk and Del Rio there is no other heels that Cena has not already dominated (Miz, Swagger) or are not at his level

-What do you think will happen next? I think Cena will lose at the next two ppv's and he will win the title from Del Rio after that. I don't want Cena to hold the title anymore :banghead:

-What will happen to Del Rio? Hopefully he fades away or he actually gains more heat by beating Cena. I hope if Cena beats Rio, Rio wins it back and feuds with the likes of Jomo and others.

It should of been a triple threat or fatal four with Rey, Punk, Rio, an Cena. I would make it an elimination fatal four way. I think that would of been interesting but Rey is hurt, Punk fighting with Nash, Trips, so Cena has to be the Main Even guy. Whatever.

I don't think Cena will win. It doesn't make good business sense. You want to build up ADR. He needs to cheat his way into a victory. Really have a decent little feud with Cena.

I think Cena will eventually win the title back and then drop it before Mania. I just don't think it will happen before Cena makes ADR.

The odds are heavily stacked against John Cena winning the WWE Championship at NOC. As someone pointed out, WWE is going to be touring Mexico soon and the plan has long been for Alberto Del Rio to be WWE Champion when that happens. Plans could change of course but I don't expect it to. Raw & SD! will be filmed in Mexico for the first time ever and Vince wants someone that's a big deal in Mexico as one of THE guys.

I might be wrong here but I expect Alberto Del Rio to weather the storm that is John Cena for the duration of their feud. If Del Rio can hold onto the title up to Survivor Series, I think there's a shot of him holding onto it for the rest of the year. The Rock is scheduled to be at Survivor Series and if Cena has a match with Del Rio, I won't be at all surprised if Rock causes Cena to lose, thereby adding a little more spice to their match for WrestleMania. The Rock has said himself in Twitter posts that he doesn't want to be WWE Champion so I'm hoping Vince is smart enough to recognize that it'll be a futile waste of time to make Cena WWE Champion in time for their match.

I'd say that Cena will have at least two more matches with Del Rio after NOC but I don't expect him to win them.

I also don't see Cena winning this match at NOC. It's either gonna be a DQ finish or ADR is gonna "cheat" to win. Either way he's walking out with the title. I doubt the Mexican tour is the reason for him holding o to the title, but there is nothing that tells me Cena walks out with a win here. I think he's gonna chase the title for the next couple of PPVs only to fall short. We will see.

Come on guys, none of you have considered the possibility of SD guys going after the Raw title & vise versa? I mean, who knows? Maybe Wade Barrett will get put over big time by Cena or something & become WWE champ.

As for ADR, he's missing "it" in my mind. They hyped him way too much for his debut, only for him to best Rey Mysterio over & over again. Then he talked about his "destiny" for months. We all thought he would get the WHC, but it was put off for months. Then, he goes to Raw. Finally, when we get an extremely interesting title picture with CM Punk, WWE decides to put the belt on ADR & we go back to Cena vs. Generic Heel for WWE title. I mean, maybe Cena vs. Christian or Wade Barrett would be the same, but maybe it wouldn't. Maybe it would end up being an interesting feud. Who knows? All I'm saying is that we should have a switch-up with the title pictures.

As for CM Punk, I think he needs a break from the title, but should end up triumphing in the end by winning it. At WM? Maybe. Who knows? Any thoughts?

Alright, so. Supposing that Cena does win at Night of Champions, it wouldn't make a lick of sense for him to drop the title again until near WrestleMania. I would expect a feud with Del Rio through TLC, probably culminating in a big gimmick match that would put Del Rio out for a week or two. This would let Del Rio come back and focus on something else, while Cena defends his title in a placeholder at the Royal Rumble. At the Elimination Chamber, I say drop it to Punk, letting Punk feud with the winner of the Royal Rumble and Cena moving into a feud with the Rock.

What happens to Del Rio? I'd hope for an extended feud with Cena, going through various regular matches and culminating in a big gimmick showdown. Honestly just make it the Raw version of Orton vs Christian and I'd be fine with it. After coming back from a short absence post TLC, perhaps he could reprise his feud with Rey in a gimmick match at WrestleMania, or perhaps even the ultimate lucha three way of Del Rio vs Rey vs Sin Cara.

Should this happen? I'd rather it didn't. I'd like to see Del Rio get more of a Miz like title reign, getting sneaky retains and always reminding people how great he is. Let him carry the title until at least WrestleMania. The show's already drawing on Cena vs Rock, you could put Del Rio up against Curt Hawkins and it wouldn't matter. I could get behind Punk winning the Rumble and trying to take the title back from Del Rio in a revenge storyline, personally.

Bill, I think you're giving Del Rio too little credit. I think WWE is trying to mould ADR to become one of their top heels and to do that he needs to hold on to the WWE title for as long as he can to get him over. Cena and Punk don't really need to be champions at the moment. When both Raw and Smackdown shows go back to normal, Cena & Punk would be the top 2 faces on Raw (I dont think you can call Punk a heel anymore)... but who can you say is the top heel? For me, only Del Rio & the Miz comes to mind but I'm pretty sure they're gonna tie up Miz in the tag team division.

I do agree with you about Del Rio not having the "it" factor yet, but i also think he is good enough just to be a transitional champion. Personally, I think the longer he stays champion, the better he'll get until he becomes the heel WWE wants him to be. But if it doesn't happen that way, then I'm hoping Chris Jericho will come back and take that top heel position because to be honest there is no one else

theres one thing they can do to make del rio look strong and at the same time keep it believable

and that is to have cena be distracted by rodriguez with del rio putting him into an armbar and after almost three minutes have cena grudgingly tap. like hhh did at wm and rock did to benoit once.

this way del rio will look stronger and cena will still be the top guy with del rio still needing assistance to win but can say that he made cena tap.

nothing against cena but i think this way both stay relevant and u can have another month of cena/del rio

del rio has had a great year so far so i expect him to fued with cena for a few ppvs. cena will lose a couple do to foul play, win the title, then del rio will get his rematch.

the iwc part of me want cena to be the surprise member of whatever nash/laurenitis are going to be doing. thus finally turning him heel. this would let him face punk again and leave del rio as the credible top heel not in the new stable. punk will be fighting for the title again this year and he works great with cena.

John Cena is about to win the gold? Fuck. Stop the press. I thought CM Punk was getting a push. If John Cena wins this, it would be monumental. Kevin Nash, along with Shane McMahon and Booker T, would be forced to start back up WCW and broadcast live on Saturday nights. Mick Foley would take control of FCW, with the permission of Stephanie McMahon, and that would air on Thursdays on the WWE network. Then Vince McMahon would come back as the Anonymous General Manager and de-thrown The King, and COO, Triple H. Triple H's punishment for hiring back CM Punk puts Triple H back on Smackdown, and brings Teddy Long to Raw. Oh, and John Cena was a pawn. Vince took one for the team. A team John Cena was not willingly playing for. A man who fought for the gold for himself and not the boss? I smell a heel. The Rock was brought in to make Vincent Kennedy McMahon and WWE more famous than it ever has been. Vince owns the world. Vince Russo that is. ;)

If Cena wins, he should lose the title and pick it back up, at this rate, he's going to have over 30 world titles by his prime.

But in seriousness, If Cena won, he has a whole slew of rivals now, with the Supershow setup, I wouldn't be surprised to see Smackdown elligble for RAW titles, and the like, Hell, we may see RKO vs Cena for unification over this Supershow era.

Ziggler, R-truth, Miz, Swagger, Barret, Christian are just a few people I could see him feuding with, I'd REALLY like to see Barret Cena reignited if any of these scenarios come true.

First of all i'm not watching next Raw cuz few days ago he prove AGAIN that he's SUPERMAN what make's me absolutely sick...saiying that i can go to NoC...Match JC vs. ADR i won't also watch because there is chance that Cena win..If he lose I will start watch Raw again but only until Cena have match where he beat everyone in the ring and prove that he's superman again,than i will stop watching Raw again...I'm simply sick of that guy...I know that was off-topic but i need to say it...

Cena will lose(hope soo,if not i'm not watching Raw until he lost title to someone)..He'll have run with Del Rio again for few months and than he will win title for WM match with Rock!

He will become a big star in WWE...If he beat Cena he'll get more heat and stay cocky what he shoud cuz he's great like that and i hope he will stay at top a little longer than others(that don't count "SuperKidsMan!.)

I also thought it will be a Triple Threat Match betwen Punk-Del Rio-Cena and i think Punk should won that match but Punk is not in match soo i think Del Rio should win..And beat Cena soo badly that he must take few months off from WWE..Don't see happening but i will prey for that..

--What do you think will happen next...
I think ADR will somehow beat Cena at NoC. It won't be a "clean" win, but I don't think it will be a DQ either. Cena WILL NOT tap to the cross-arm breaker, however. If Vince wasn't Terrified of having Cena off TV for a while, it could go something like this... Del Rio "Breaks" Cena's arm. Cena's shoulders then drop to the mat for the 1-2-3 with Del Rio still technically on top of him. Cena takes about 4 ot 5 weeks off to heal all those nagging injuries he was supposed to heal while he was off from being fired by Vince. Everyone seems to have forgotten about those. Cena Returns at the aptly named Vengeance PPV to reclaim his title. Rocky then tries to cost Cena the Strap at SS, but fails. He's already kept it from him once at last year's WM, it doesn't need to happen again. Cena loses the belt at Elimination Chamber, so he doesn't have to job one on one, just in time for him to fight Rocky. Detailed enough for ya?

--What will happen to Del Rio...
After Del Rio's triumph at NoC, He will most likely be challenged by a fiery young Babyface, most likely John Morrison, since he doesn't really have an angle right now. He will rise (temporarily) to ME status to challenge Del Rio at HiaC for the title. Perfect situation for Morrison to flip, flop and fly around in the cage, and for Del Rio to retain his title in a clean win to build momentum towards the return match with Cena at Vengeance. After that, he can muddle around until Rey comes back for a huge showdown at Mania.

As for the 3rd question, I think mt first answer pretty much covers it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back