• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Mid-Card Title for ECW (if any)?

Which Mid-Card title for ECW

• European Title

• Crusierweight Title

• Television Title

• No Title

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went with the TV title and was actually thinking about this last night and wanted to start a thread on it. With WWE having three seperate brands and two of them having multiple titles and ECW having one belt it leaves guys like Dreamer,Goldust,Sheamus,etc. with nothing to do. Christian is the one guy on ECW I take seriously as ECW world champion. Everyone else on the roster would do well in a TV title situation. Goldust and Sheamus had a great feud for a few weeks on ECW and that would have been magnified if it were for a championship. If time is an issue for you give ECW another hour and start it at 9 oclock like you did before. Bring some of the lower card guys from Raw and Smackdown over who aren't getting enough tv time so there are enough guys to feud with Christian and the TV champion. Frankly ECW gets about three matches a week plus one on superstars. You could build a tag team up to challenge Jerishow with one of those spots, highlight the TV title feud with another spot and have the main event match with the last spot. That still leaves one spot open for guys like Reks and Tatsu who may not be ready for a TV title even. So time isn't neccessarily an issue for me. But if it is for you go with the suggested hour add on earlier start time and larger roster. Here are some peoople I'd bring over to ECW.

The Miz: After getting the Cena rub got a more serious approach changing his ring attire and his attitude. But after challenging Kofi Kingston and once again failing he seemingly can't accomplish anything he sets out to do. A move to ECW and a feud with the ECW champion would help him once again re-focus.

R-Truth: He's fodder for the scottish dude Drew McIntyre. On ECW he would be one of the bigger stars and would be able to work on his in-ring basics which he lacks. I like his gimmick and innovative moveset. Fundamentals is what he lacks.

Evan Bourne: He's not getting it done on Raw for some reason. Instead of being downgraded to being part of the stupid Hornswoggle/Chavo storyline let him compete on ECW with men at or below his level. Bourne could do wonders with Christian,Shelton,Sheamus etc.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head besides the obviouses like Yang,Chavo,and Noble. A secondary title on ECW would be good for buisiness, it would help midcard talents on ECW, it would bring more to storylines, and it would help ECW improve as a show which helps WWE improve as a company.

I will take any secondary title as long as they get rid of Abraham Washington. Whoever came up with the idea for this guy to be on ECW hosting a crappy talk show needs to be shown the door. Abraham brings nothing to ECW. I can say the same thing for Tiffany being the GM of the show.

I agree with one of the earlier posts that the ECW tag team titles should be involved in the whole unification process. Better yet, create a new tag team title representing all three brands and take the current titles and hide them away in the production truck until the "dispute" between the brands begins.

Kozlov and Jackson!! Regal could say something along the lines of “these two men are the most dominant force in all of Wrestling” blah, blah, blah, and then tells Tiffany to create the ECW Tag Team Titles to prove it. Then have a tournament with all 12 ECW Superstars (excluding Regal, of course), and add 4 more FCW stars to make it an even 16. 4 rounds of that and boom, you’re new ECW Tag Team Champions, Vladimir Kozlov and Ezekiel Jackson!! Run with that and have a feud with the 1st runner ups / losers of the Finals in the Tournament, and then out comes another promo from Regal. “Jericho, Big Show, listen Sunshine, you think you two are the most dominant Tag Team in Wrestling?? Well I have challenge for you.” What do you all think??

Kozlov and Jackson!! Regal could say something along the lines of “these two men are the most dominant force in all of Wrestling” blah, blah, blah, and then tells Tiffany to create the ECW Tag Team Titles to prove it. Then have a tournament with all 12 ECW Superstars (excluding Regal, of course), and add 4 more FCW stars to make it an even 16. 4 rounds of that and boom, you’re new ECW Tag Team Champions, Vladimir Kozlov and Ezekiel Jackson!! Run with that and have a feud with the 1st runner ups / losers of the Finals in the Tournament, and then out comes another promo from Regal. “Jericho, Big Show, listen Sunshine, you think you two are the most dominant Tag Team in Wrestling?? Well I have challenge for you.” What do you all think??

They got to do something with those two besides having them face off against the local scrums of the evening. It would not hurt for WWE to allow for ECW to have an every now and then two hour show. Would not hurt to add more talent from the minor leagues to give the roster more depth and take some of the rarely used guys from Raw and Smackdown and ship them over to the ECW brand. I still think the WWE has something with this brand, they just don't have the depth to make it seem credible.

There is no place for a secondary title on ECW. Here's a few reasons why we don't need another title on ECW. Just because ECW is "here to stay" doesn't mean we need to add a prop that really serves no purpose.

- The ECW title itself is a secondary title
- An hour is too short to showcase multiple titles.
- There are already like 8 titles in WWE, waaaaaay to many
- Titles don't really mean that much anymore; a guy can be over without it and not get over with it, more now than ever
- What are there like 8 guys in ECW, really only 1 or 2 that mean anything?

However, at of all the titles listed. A TV title would be the best for WWE...if they had 1 main title, 1 mid card, tag teams, and a TV title.

If they're going to make ECW a legit show, and give it a mid-card title, there's no other fit than the TV Title. It was what made ECW as popular as it was, and made stars out of guys like Douglas, RVD, and Scorpio. It would please the old school fans :)D See the smile on my face?), and give some of the newer fans a lesson into what ECW truly was.

I understand how much the T.V title would mean to ECW but I think the smaller guys would benefit the most on this brand. A championship for them too would make their matches all the more meaningful again and it would bring in more people to watch ECW. Cruiserweight wrestlers always seem to be the jobbers or in squash matches and have no credibility. They deserve some exposure and a title for them again would make all the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back