• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What match would you mark out for if it happened?

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
so like the title says what match would you mark out if it happened? i know theres loads what could happen AJ Styles vs Randy Orton, The Rock vs John Cena and so on, so what match would get you so excited you must watch it and why? for me.....

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Goldberg

i know its stupid but im an old school wrestling fan and i remember this was the most wanted match ever back in the Atittude Era more then Austin/Hogan more then Sting/Undertaker(maybe) more then anyother match at that time. i know some people will disagree but if you really think about it during the monday night wars we all wanted to the top guy of WCW vs the top guy of WWF thats just mine.

i know as the years have got on theres more dream matches out there but for me this was the main one of the Atittude Era or second to Sting/Taker .

honestly? Triple-threat submission match. Chris Benoit in his prime vs Dean Malenko in his prime vs DBD. no count-outs, no pins, just submissions.

Christian Vs Edge for a World Championship. Still a small possibility that Christian could be involved in the match between Del Rio and Edge at the upcoming Wrestlemania, but even if that is confirmed to include Christian I'll mark out.

The Rock Vs Shawn Michaels, although very unlikely, these two have never faced off in a one-on-one match, which is rather odd. Could headline any wrestling event, would almost be considered as one of the last dream matches due to their reputations. But can't see it ever happening.

Kurt Angle Vs Bryan Danielson. Kurt's TNA contract is supposedly running out, and is expected to expire in August. If it does, and if he returns to WWE I'll scream like a girl, moreso then when The Rock returned. And to see a good PPV match between Bryan and Angle would be great. Definitly mark worthy IMO.

I agree. When Austin got hot and changed everything, WCW wanted to try to close the gap. So what better way then try to get a Austin clone. I've never, evvver been a fan of Goldberg. Like Cena, I didn't like him. He couldn't do anything, no mic skills, overrated, not worthy of the fame. But it was working for WCW. I remember on the wrestling mags, they had both of there faces on the cover, comparing them. It would of been the biggest draw ever if that happend. As Austin fan, I wanted it to happen so he could of kick Goldbergs ass.

The Sting and Taker match is a good one if happend 5yrs ago. Now, it would be good, but seeing two old guys isn't fun. They both can't move like they use to. 5yrs ago, it would of been a match worth seeing.

The Rock vs. Shawn Michaels,

or if we're looking at today's product than I'll say a heel Cena vs. The Undertaker at Wrestlemania for the Undertaker's final Wrestlemania, making him go 20-0.

I see flashes of heel Cena with his feud with The Rock, and I love it. I mark out just when he raps, I will most likely mark out more if he enters as a heel in Wrestlemania and faces Taker.

And if we're just basing this on feuds in today's product, than...

John Cena vs. The Rock.

So many dream matches I have, I really want to see Jericho vs. Daniel Bryan for some reason too.

Sting vs. Undertaker
The Rock vs. Shawn Micheals

There are plenty of other matches that I'd like to see, but these two are the two I'd be kind of excited for. I wouldn't 'mark out' over any match, but I'd like to see them.

Side note: What in blue hell does 'mark out' mean anyway? It's a phrase that gets thrown around a lot, but whenever I read it, it seems like it means that people start going crazy in their living room or whatever. Or does it just mean that you're legitimately excited over something that ultimately doesn't matter?

Daniel Bryan vs Kurt Angle in a single match. The Greatest in-ring technicians today. And if you know who these two are, need I explain more?

Bryan Danielson vs. Chris Benoit in a submission match would steal the show on any given night.

Since that can't happen, I would like to see Chris Jericho put over Daniel Bryan in a submission match.

Among the current wrestlers, I think I would mark out huge for a Edge vs Christian World Title match on a big PPV. I just don't know how the match doesn't scream money to Vince. Two former tag champs and best friends since childhood colliding on a big stage and living out their childhood dream. And it's not like either of them is a lower midcarder or something. Edge is a proven draw and most people, yes even non smarks, like Christian.

I do have more dream matches but all of them feature some superstar from the past and that is really a sad thing to say the least.

I agree with all three of those brochester, but since I like the technical wrestlers as well as high flyers I would actually like to see Swagger vs. Angle

Im gonna throw a couple out, that I havent seen mentioned yet.

Number one: Chris Jericho/Undertaker.

It is amazing to me that these two have never faced each other one on one on a PPV. This could be a good match for a Wrestlemania, assuming Jericho would come back, if he doesnt, this would be one match that somehow, someway, WWE dropped the ball.

Number 2: Trainer vs. Trainee, HBK vs. Daniel Bryan.
With all the titles that DB has won in his career, in ROH, Japan, WWE, and anywhere else, this would be a classic. It was almost impossible for HBK to have a bad match, and the matches he had with Kurt Angle were classic, and I believe he could have just as good a match with DB.

The Rock vs. Shawn Michaels - I'm a huge fan of The Rock and always have been since I started watching when I was 11. I'm not such a fan of Shawn Michaels but he can be entertaining and I know his reputation is huge and this match on paper looks amazing and rare.

Obviously Sting vs. Taker, these guys could be in wheelchairs and I think it would still be entertaining.

AJ vs. HHH, to me AJ is like a Bret Hart or HBK where they can really get a good match out of anyone no matter size or skill and I think HHH and him could make an amazing match, will never happen.

Also a big promoted match between Daniel Bryan and CM Punk not just a 3 minute match on Raw.

Here is my list:

The Rock vs Cena. Every wrestling fan wants too see this. It wud be mint if it happend. Here's me hopein...
Jack Swagger vs Kurt Angle. Two great wrestlers.
The undertaker vs Sting.
HBK vs Jomo.
HBK vs The Rock. Cannot belive this match has never happened.
Chyna vs Beth Phinix. I would love to see this match. I was a HUGE fan of Chyna and am a HUGE fan of Beth. Chyna the dominate female from her time in WWF and IMO Beth is the dominate female wrestler in WWE right now. The match would be amazing...

Sting v's Undertaker. I know it's a cliche now almost, but fuck me, wouldn't it be an epic!!! doesn't matter how old they are, put these two headlining 'Mania, & they would turn back the clock 20 years & steal the whole fuckin' show, I guarentee you.

Probably never gonna happen now though...

Others include;

Kurt Angle v's Daniel Puder. Just for the sheer intrigue of it

Beer Money v's The Briscoe's. The best teams in the world right now in my oppinion.

Kurt Angle v's Lance Storm. Suppose it could happen. Possibly the two greatest ring technicians of my generation... & my generation includes Hart, Benoit, HHH, Jerry Lynne etc. That's how good Lance Storm is.

New Jack v's Necro Butcher (Fuck off, I watched ECW when it was cool, & there was no-one cooler... 'Cept Chilli Willy maybe). Someone would die... Then they'd hug afterwards.

And now a very random one...

Ricky Steamboat v's Jerry Lawler. Not in their prime, but right now. Some of the best matches I've seen in the last five years have involved these two, & I just like the idea of two genuine old school legends with the ability to make anyone & anything look good, putting on a display of ringwork that would make everyone in the WWE stop & see how it's done!

I'm aware of Steamboats health problems, but this is a dream match scenario

LFC till I die, not only do you have an awesome name, but you also made me think (& that hardly ever happens!) How about Chyna v's Awesome Kong? We've already seen their tits, now lets see these two big bastards fuck each other up in the ring!!!

To be completly honest I want to see a match that could be completly possible.

Cm Punk vs Daniel Bryan.

Now that part that couldn't happen (because CM Punk's poor knees can't take it) would have punk bring back the Pepsi Plunge and DB use more Cattle Mutilation and Airplane Spin.

They are probably my two favorite wrestlers with the company today. Plus everytime I see them in the ring together they seem to have such great chemistry.

i wud completely mark out and literally destroy everythng arnd me if i saw austin vs rock at wm 28 one more time.

other than tht rock vs hbk OBVIOUSLY

rey mysterio is his prime vs mistico. it wud be one HELLUVA match.

taker vs cena (heel) does anyone know theyve had a match together when taker had the biker gimmick

The match I would have liked to have seen was Daniel Bryan vs Chris Benoit.

No doubt about it, and forgetting what he did to his wife and child, Benoit was an incredible wrestler, the crossface was my favourite finishing move.

We definately have not seen the best of Bryan in the WWE, just hope VKM realises that.

Benoit vs Bryan would have been an incredible match for any wrestling fan to have watched!

I agree with all three of those brochester, but since I like the technical wrestlers as well as high flyers I would actually like to see Swagger vs. Angle

Swagger/Angle was exactly what I have been talking about for over a year now. They could put on an amazing show. Much better than Lesnar/Angle ever did. Swagger is a MUCH better wrestler than Brock.

@ Wainy: Geez i comPletley forgot about Kong. Now i wud make it a triple threat match between Chyna vs Beth Phenix vs Awesome Kong. F#*k wanting to watch Cena vs Taker, id rather watch this.
My name is great beCause LFC is great :)

1.Sting v. Undertaker(DUH!!)

2.Chris Benoit v. Daniel Bryan v. Kurt Angle v. Chris Jericho v. Dean Malenko. Five of the greatest technical wrestlers ever!!

3.The Rock v. Shawn Michaels. REALLY?? Vince never took this oppurtunity?

4.Kurt Angle v. Jack Swagger(Do they have nothing for him to do for at at WM?)

5.JBL v. Del Rio. I think this could be a great match

6. Brothers of Destruction v. DX. I don't believe this ever happened

That's all I got for now.

Hogan Vs Austin (from around 2000). Both guys could still move a little and it would have been the biggest thing in the world. However, I "mark out" for AJ Styles on a frequent basis.
It doesn't matter how "smart" we are, we'd probably enjoy the the show a little more if we didn't take it so seriously and allowed ourselves to "mark out" a little more often.

Rock/Austin 4 at Wrestlemania, what can I say I love sequels lol.

Rock vs. HBK at Mania or SummerSlam Like some other posters has already said why didn't this happen?!

Rock vs. Cena at Mania or SummerSlam there war of words has got me pumped to see Rock whoop Cena ass.

Rock vs. Booker T Best 2 out of 3 Falls match Booker never got a win over Rock 1 on 1 so I always wanted to see them go at it again.

Rock vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania, Rock hasn't got his butt kicked by Taker at Mania so why not.

Undertaker vs. Sting at Wrestlemania Goes w/out saying.

Undertaker vs. Y2J This match is what should have happen this year at Wrestlemania smh!

Undertaker vs. Cena for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania

Undertaker vs. Austin I Quit Match at Wrestlemania, w/Austin never give or quit on you attitude this match would be sick.

Austin vs. Goldberg at SummerSlam or Mania, me & my pops was dieing to see this match go down years ago, & we really thought it was gon happen but you guys know how things turn out.

Austin vs. Sting I just thought this feud would be nice & the crowd would be nuts if the match had ever took place.

Austin vs. Booker T I always wanted to see them headline a PPV

Y2J vs. AJ Styles

Y2J vs. Christopher Daniels

There's more that I would be really excited to see, but these are the main ones, sadly damn near my whole list will never happen.

You know what? i'd kinda like to see Stone Cold vs Brock Lesnar, or even a proper version of Goldberg vs Lesnar where they're both maybe trying at least to make an effort

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back