• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is the most dominant city in sports?

• Thread starter Don Killuminati
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Don Killuminati

What city do you think is doing best right now in pro sports counting all 3 sports? There are alot of cities that are good in 2 sports but the other one is pretty bad.

I'm going to start with my probably biased opinion saying Cleveland is the best right now. The Cavs made the Finals for the first time and with how bad the East is they could easily do that again. The Indians are playoff bound and are doing really good this year. The Browns had a good draft but their not as good as the Cavs and Indians.

But outside of Cleveland I'd go Boston. The Patriots got better over the offseason and are contenders as always. The Red Sox are doing good. Their not getting alot of attention but they pretty much already have their playoff spot secure. And the Celtics are doing ok. They got Ray Allen so they may make the playoffs in the East next year.

So what do you think?

Tlaking about the big three sports in baseball, basketball. and football as things stand rightnow the best city is Boston. They have the Red Sox that look like they will win the AL east. Then the Patriots damn no one wants to mess with this years as just looking at the roster they are loaded. Then Basketball the Celtic Pride is thereas they should make the playoffs now.

Then I would go Chicago as they got the Bulls who are up and coming as well the defedning NFC Champion Chicago Bears who could win the NFC again. They got the Soxs and Cubs and as things stand know the Cubbies still have a chance at winning the NL central.

Well Im going out on a limb here and saying ... Melbourne.

Why I here you ask?? Well they have a couple of teams currently in the top 8 in the AFL and they are looking very dangerous, these teams being Hawthorn, Essendon and Collingwood. The Melbourne Tigers have been a force in the NBL for the last couple of years, with two trips to the finals and one championship to show for their hard work. Their roster for this season still looks strong to.

Then we switch to soccer and the Melbourne Victory won the A league last year, in a canter. Teir team this year seems to be as good, if not better so I expect them to go close to repeating this year. The Melbourne Storm have been, imo,, the best team in the NRL for the last two years I htink they can finally win it again this year. Have I missed any sports?? Oh netball, i think Melbourne has some good teams in that as well.....

Oh we are talking American sports?? ahh America self proclaimed centre of the Universe... lol

Well I cant argue with either of posters above when they say Boston seems to be the strongest city in amrerica sporets wise atm. I htink if the Celtics can click they could makeserious waves in the very weaak East, dont know lots about NFL but what I do know is that the Pats are always good and I htink they have added Randy Moss yes?? I know less about baseball, but looked at the standings, the Red Sox seem to be going well so thats good enough for me. :)

Sorry guys, but right now the most dominant city is ANAHEIM LOL!! :D The ducks just won the Stanley cup and the Angels have the BEST record on the MLB today with 51-31.
and if you count San Diego(its like an hour and a half) i can add the San Diego chargers to the list, The most dominant team the past regular season, and this next super bowl strong contenders.
South Cali rules! (Damn Lakers, if we could sign Garnett, i would add them..)

Not one person has said the right answer yet.

Gainesville, Florida. Home of the NCAA 2006 Mens NCAA Basketball Champions, NCAA 2007 National Champions of Football, and the NCAA 2007 Mens NCAA Basketball Champions. The 2007 Florida Softball team made it to the NCAA Super Regionals.

Clearly, in all three sports, Gainesville is on top.

And I hate Florida.

Ok guys I'm just gonna say that this is meant to be involving the NBA, NFL, and MLB only and hockey if you pay attention to that. Also it has to be a single city and not just a general area so keep that in mind

montreal canadiens for sure, sold out every game, montrreal allouettes been to almost every grey cup final int eh past 10 years and montreal impact

Don't forget the Expos, who despite being screwed over, were on track to win a World Series back in the ninetees, as well as hosting the Olympic games, the FIFA under 20s just recently, a Grand Prix, the FIRST NASCAR race in Canada ever, etc etc.

Nash you from Montreal? ;)

offff courrseee dude lol.. what about you?? sooon we will become stanley cup champions once carey price becomes # 1, next roy baby ;), aloulettes are falling down the hole; but i predict they willl still win the grey cup

Dominating or shitty they always find a way to sneak their way into the Grey Cup.

As for the Habs, eh, we're a couple years away. This year is a toss up for me, I don't know. We got some good players via free agency (I'm a big Kostopoulos fan cause I"m greek, lol), but whether it's enough to bring us anywhere I don't know. But when price is ready, look out! :)

Anyway it's always nice to see another Montrealer/Habs fan around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back