• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What, In WWE, Do You Enjoy, But They Don't Care About?

litarock82

Dark Match Winner
Thread is simple, what do you enjoy in the WWE, that the WWE doesnt give a rats ass about?
My answer is the divas division, WWE gives it little to no time, and treats it like its almost non existent. Personally im a big fan of the team of Beth Pheonix and Natalya and i belive they are making awesome work with the little time or competition they are given, i really hope that when kharma comes back, WWE starts to make an effort and focus on the divas division, Karma is the divas and their fans last hope IMO

Wrestling and entertainment. I absolutely hate commercials in between matches (although I do understand the premise, to me it kills the actual product because it shows young viewers that the actual wresting is irrelevant, just the beginning and end matter).

Also, I want more / better entertainment. Storylines will be good and crappy, I just want to be entertained. I just finished watching that South Park episode about "wrestling", and for the most part its absolutely true - I just want to be entertained. I'm 28 years old, I go to plays in downtown Toronto, I appreciate the nuances of artistic cinematography... I want the wrestling product to appeal to me. It doesn't have to super-sophisticated, but I absolutely enjoy The Miz and R-Truth because they're very witty, and of course I'm a CM Punk fan like everyone else. But the promos (and storylines by extension) should be more entertaining.

I also have to go with the Divas division. I'm happy about the Kaitlyn push they're going for, but it won't matter if the matches are still nothing. They need to let them actually put on matches. With PG they don't get to show much off, so the hotness value isn't as there as it used to be. If you want them to be just wrestlers, let them wrestle. And use the ones who actually can wrestle.

I also wish some of the lower card guys from Superstars would be moved up. MacIntyre needs to be back up, I've always like Hawkins, these guys need to be showcased more. And no more stupid segments that have nothing to do with anything. I enjoy a touch of realness to everything in WWE, which is obviously something they do not care about at all.

I would say.... John Cena's heel personality. When he was the Dr. of Thuganomics he was badass. He would talk trash about anyone and everyone... have a match and back up his tough talk. Now, I honestly appreciate his own appreciation for the armed forces because he goes out of his way to show respect and admiration for the troops. I get that he's a good guy and that changing him probably won't solve anything... They do seem to be allowing for some aggression to begin showing through...

I would also say, I enjoyed the spot monkey JoMo. I don't know who's to blame in his contract situation, nor do I care. But he was fun to watch for all of his acrobats. I guess I would go even further as to say I loved the cruiserweight division. The complete lack of a cruiserweight title is killing the high flying fast paced matches that used to give life to the audience and would pick up the pace of the entire show.

I like the promos that 'feel' more personal than written. Obviously Cena/Punk & maybe Miz have 75% plus control over what they say. But Dolph Ziggler delivers his lines perfectly although they're written.

And on the other end Zack Ryder's promos on TV seem forced and out of place, while his YouTube stuff comes across more natural.

Talented undercard workers like Tyson Kidd, JoMo and especially McIntyre. WWE are dropping the ball with all 3 guys... Regardless of past misdemeanors letting JoMo go is crazy, as he is a bankable talent. McIntyre is a perfect European champion, someone who will help sell UK shows in that role against guys like Sheamus and Ryan and Kidd is an ideal cruiserweight champion.

What I do enjoy: Tag Team Wrestling. They can do better with this division.

What I DID enjoy: WWE's version of ECW. It's not the original but it served as a platform for guys like Sheamus, John Morrison, Evan Bourne & CM Punk to become top stars.

Technically...I don't enjoy certain things in WWE because they don't give a shit about them. Tag Team wrestling for instance. I love tag team wrestling, but WWE clearly has no interest in promoting it or trying to make it a viable part of their programing. In my opinion, there's nothing more exciting than good tag wrestling... They have the right pieces, and instead fill time with things nobody cares about. My question: if they're going to put in filler pieces, why not do it with a legitimate tag team division?

Tag teams for me also. I miss seeing a batch of good tag teams who actually look, act and wrestle as a team and not just two guys thrown together for a couple of weeks until one gets fired and one gets a superstars push. I have no problem with a few teams made up of single wrestlers...some of the best teams in WWE have been made this way, but I want more "teams". I don't even care if they arnt amazing wrestlers as long as they are a good team and bring something to the division like the Headbangers. Lots of people disliked them but I liked them...they looked good together and were pretty good in the ring as a team with good team moves. I hope the WWE stick with The usos and I really hope they bring in some teams..old and new, whilst they develop some of their own.

Gotta go with Tag Teams and Stables. Earlier this year I made a thread that asked people on this forum to tell me what they thought was the best part of the famed 'Attitude Era' and stables won by a long shot, they simply make everything much more exciting and already do much of the storytelling so that creative doesn't really have to. If people are in stables and feuding then it makes much more sense than throwing a bunch of people in random singles feuds that culminate at 1 ppv then move on to the next feud. The tag team titles used to be prestigious titles held by stars but now they're given to anybody so that they could hold them for 3 or 4 months and then drop them to the next random tag team

The undercard. They all have so much potential.
Don't get me wrong, they get used great on NXT. Kidd, Tatsu, Hawkins, Barreta, Reks, Curtis, Bateman, Wastson. They're used great on there. So why not on Raw or Smackdown? They all proved they can be amazing.
I'm not counting Superstars because there haven't been many deserving wins on there. (Besides Bryan, Gabriel, Hennig, etc.) But they last show had Barreta and Kidd jobbing to Mahal and Jackson. No...just....no.

I really enjoyed having storylines among the undercard as well, today it just seems as if matches are thrown together and not even a little story goes along with it. In the past they'd throw matches in, but they'd have some sort of build towards it with at least promos throughout the other guys matches on superstars.

Another thing I enjoy but WWE doesn't care about is cheering for the bad guys because well, they're bad! WWE instead takes this as a sign to turn them face. As i've grown up i've just come to enjoy the villains more, unfortunately, that means WWE will turn them face and have them doing corny shit.

For me, I have to go with the undercard as well. There are guys on the undercard that do have a lot of talent and could be a real boon to WWE, in my opinion, if they were made to feel like a relevant.

I know that there's only so much television time that can be spared, that's why it's so frustrating that they put virtually no effort or relevance to Superstars while it was on tv. A show like Superstars that's actually promoted and treated as though it matters could be seen as maybe a proving ground for some of these undercard guys. Superstars generally had some really good wrestling matches most of the time, it's just that most people didn't really give a piss because the WWE didn't give a piss and it was 100% obvious. Trying to get Superstars, or a show like it, back on television and actually make it matter, give these guys some feuds and stories. Have some crossovers sometimes with Raw and SD! for some of the guys that really shine. Hey, it's a start.

The two biggest complaints tend to revolve around the Divas and the tag team picture. As far as the Divas go, I think they're a lost cause. Whenever it looks as though WWE is finally gonna do something with them, it seems that Vince just loses interest. I was very interested when Kharma showed up but she got knocked up, so there went the Diva Division for at least another year. I'm still holding out the slightest shred of hope that Kharma's return could be the start of a turn around. As far as the tag team scene goes, the WWE has been moving in the right direction generally. They've lost steam since Evan Bourne was suspended for smoking artifical Whacky Backy, which is a shame because Air Boom is a fun team. I don't think it'll take much for the WWE to get back to where they were before Bourne's suspension, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back