What If.....Triple H had been Thor?

d_henderson1810

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Many of you would have heard of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. One of the Avengers in it is Thor, God Of Thunder, played by Chris Hemsworth.

But I remember at the time reading an interesting fact. Do you know who was also up for the role, and I think made the final six in contention for the role- one Paul Levesque, AKA, Triple H?

Now, I could have seen Triple H as Thor. He has a similar physical resembelence to him.

But it now got me thinking- what if Triple H had won the role instead, and was making Marvel film after Marvel film? (He would have to do the Thor films, Avengers, Civil War and Infinity War).

That would mean he would have little time to be C.O.O. and the 2IC to Vince McMahon in WWE.

Also, what would it have meant for NXT? NXT is Triple H's "baby" and he has been the biggest advocate for much of the new talent that has come through the doors over the last eight years.

You all say that Vince wouldn't have invested in new talent, so what would this have meant for the current roster? Would we have been stuck with Cena v Orton Match 1,000,000?

Triple H is the main person responsible for NXT being where it is today, and also plays a big hand in the formation of the WWE Performance Centre. He has his eye on the future of WWE, and freshening up the roster. But if he had won the role those years ago, and become a Hollywood movie star like the Rock, then what impact would it had made on today's WWE?

I think Triple H would have made time to handle both Hollywood actor and COO of WWE. He is, afterall, a Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainer first, and an acting athlete / athletic actor second.

I can tell you this much, Thor God Of Thunder vs. Drax the Destroyer at WrestleMania would have been “Marvel”ous!!

I think a better question would have been "What is HHH hadn't been around for 10 years."

First, Thor would have flopped. HHH would have ruined Thor. He is not a "good" actor. I also heard that WWE had a "no wrestlers" policy (that Batista had to fight against to get his role). Who knows if that's true. I very much doubt HHH was in true consideration for the role and it was probably more something like "Yeah, a guy who looks like HHH but can act."

Past that. You're right, we probably would have seen less of a shift toward smaller guys and good workers. We'd probably be seeing way more Rybacks and AJ Styles. Other smaller guys probably wouldn't have even been signed and NXT would probably be less developed.

But HHH is a wrestling guy. I don't think he could or would truly leave wrestling, even if he were offered a role like that and did well in it.

As opposed to the Rock, I never got the feeling that Trips wanted to be anything but the leader of WWE. He even said, before he was with Stephanie, that "one day this will all be mine". I think he has plenty of charisma to be a successful actor, if he wanted to be. I mean Batista was a big blank and look at him. Triple H would be a great movie actor. But I think he is exactly where he always wanted to be.

HHH loves Wrestling/Sports Entretainment probably nearby Vince. He breaths, sweats and eats wrestling.
He is gonna be the face of the WWE, as Shane probably is gonna go in other projects but being close to WWE, and Steph can work in tandem with Hunter.
And Thor even fits him, he is not a full actor and he never wanted to be that, and being a Marvel “prota”/main, you need to be free, and he is linked with WWE for life

Not "pretty" enough. I mean, with all due respect, look at Chris Hemsworth and look at HHH with that nose of his. Batista pulls it off because he plays a supportive roll in a Marvel "B movie" that nobody believed it would work and somehow due to entertainment value got cult status. For Thor you would have to have somebody like Hemsworth. Long blond hair, bulky pretty boy, kinda stupid.

I think a better question would have been "What is HHH hadn't been around for 10 years."

First, Thor would have flopped. HHH would have ruined Thor. He is not a "good" actor. I also heard that WWE had a "no wrestlers" policy (that Batista had to fight against to get his role). Who knows if that's true. I very much doubt HHH was in true consideration for the role and it was probably more something like "Yeah, a guy who looks like HHH but can act."

Past that. You're right, we probably would have seen less of a shift toward smaller guys and good workers. We'd probably be seeing way more Rybacks and AJ Styles. Other smaller guys probably wouldn't have even been signed and NXT would probably be less developed.

But HHH is a wrestling guy. I don't think he could or would truly leave wrestling, even if he were offered a role like that and did well in it.

I'm assuming that you mean MARVEL has a "no wrestlers" policy (which Batista had to fight against).

If so, then are you telling me if "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson, one of the hottest stars in Hollywood, asked to be included in a Marvel film, then Marvel Studios would turn him down, because he was once a wrestler? Yeah, right!

Not "pretty" enough. I mean, with all due respect, look at Chris Hemsworth and look at HHH with that nose of his. Batista pulls it off because he plays a supportive roll in a Marvel "B movie" that nobody believed it would work and somehow due to entertainment value got cult status. For Thor you would have to have somebody like Hemsworth. Long blond hair, bulky pretty boy, kinda stupid.

I think Triple H looks exactly like the comic version of Thor. Hemsworth had to bulk up and grow his hair long to look like him. Triple H already had those things.

Hemsworth used to be an actor on an Australian soap before he went to Hollywood, and let me tell you, any acting skill he picked up he must have learned when he got there.

Rock would have been different as by the time the MCU rolled out fully Rock would no longer been seen as a wrestler/actor.....he is now a full time actor. In the same way Will Smith is no longer seen as a Rapper/actor and just an actor
I'm assuming that you mean MARVEL has a "no wrestlers" policy (which Batista had to fight against).

If so, then are you telling me if "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson, one of the hottest stars in Hollywood, asked to be included in a Marvel film, then Marvel Studios would turn him down, because he was once a wrestler? Yeah, right!

If HHH had been Thor he would have killed MCU ..we saw his acting chops as a secondary character in Blade 3 and yeah bad if he mae it to final 6 their process must have been body type and not talent

Yes, the story that I heard was that Marvel had a no wrestlers policy. Who knows if that's true.

As for The Rock, I don't think he's considered a wrestler anymore, same as Batista. But also, I highly doubt that Marvel makes casting decisions if someone calls them and asks to be in a movie. The reason Marvel does so well is due to is very specific casting choices and I don't think The Rock fits into any current plans.

If Triple H got the Thor role it means he was a good enough actor (as people already mentioned he is not). I would imagine he would have some good roles in Hollywood. My guess is he would have left Wrestling and not have been the COO.

I think Triple H would have made time to handle both Hollywood actor and COO of WWE. He is, afterall, a Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainer first, and an acting athlete / athletic actor second.

Except that would have changed if he started to get roles in Hollywood.

He's almost 50 and has the face of a neanderthal. He's also relatively unknown outside of wrestling. Loads of people have underplayed The Rock here before but the dude was a household name in houses that didn't even watch WWF.

And even if Triple H was gifted in playing anything other than a spoiled brat character, time was never on his side because Hollywood will most likely take the young and attractive over the old and the meh. There's just too many variables against The Game for me to imagine him in the role.

But assuming he did get it, watching Trips stumble through an accent would be Hardy levels of hilarious. Gotta be worth the price of admission.

Thor 1 wasn't very good. If they casted someone who's primary focus wasn't a film career they would have been hard pressed to bother making a second without rebooting it.

Indulging the topic, Triple H would have been a shitty Thor. I don't care if he looks like Thor in the comics. He'd be a shitty actor in that role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back