Thor Godess of Thunder and Enemy of Neckbeards

GI Cake

Thank God For Sodamy.
As of late, Marvel has been making a lot of grand moves in terms of stories and plots. Nick Fury has been killed in Original sin, Wolverine is set to finally bite the bullet and die, the vast majority of women are getting their own series (She-Hulk, Elektra, and Black Widow) and perhaps the one that has been getting the most criticism by Beta Bros and Neckbeardians is the misleading headlines of "Thor Becomes a Woman"

female-thor-news-featured.jpg

Oh no, how dare they give a strong, powerful character boobies!

For context, for what has been shared about the new storyline involving Thor is that Thor Odinson (The one with chest hair and bare arms) will lose his hammer, Mjolnir. Thus along with his powers and abilities that came with them. Then the events following that a woman will wield the hammer and become the new Thor. Among them is Wrestlezones ever beloved Al Snow

Piece of Shit Al Snow said:
The sound of thunder is no longer Thor's hammer. It's a pissed-off Lady-Thor stomping round Asgard and noisily filling the dishwasher while she waits for someone to ask her what's wrong...
(Sauce)

While other claims against a woman being Thor are not as douchebaggery as Al Snow's. They're still pretty stupid in the grand scheme of things. Especially in the Marvel 616 universe. Here are a few of the reasons A woman can't be Thor.

Thor is a man in Norse mythology, therefor he should stay a man.

Yes, people have said this. People like Al Snow have said this. Mind you, in the Marvel universe, there have been others that have been called "Thor." The list infamously includes an alien horse (Beta Ray Bill) and a Frog. Then again, Bill and the Frog were dudes, so that was okay I guess. :shrug:

This is just a publicity stunt/wanting to attract more female readers

This is truly a mind boggler because I do not see where the problem is in the business world. This isn't the first, or the last time a white male character is going to be usurped and replaced by someone who isn't a white male. For now, Thor is going to be the eighth female character in a lead role in a Marvel comic book. Which is a huge step forward and what I personally feel with bring a broader fan base to Comic books.

How do you guys feel? Do you think the New Thor is a breath of fresh air in comics, or were you one of the many men who threw down their mountain dew and their fedoras in outrage. Shouting against "Feminism" and "Political Correctness?"

That was hilarious. I love Al Snow. Turning Thor into a woman isn't going to boost comic book sales significantly. Neither will turning Batman black, Superman gay, or Spiderman straight. It's a comic book. Until they make it into a movie, no one cares.

Majority of those same folks will still hand over their cash & likely linger over the pictures a bit longer than necessary. Guess what? Marvel still wins.

Even if they increase their new customer base by 1% because of this new change then they are winning. Those new fans, whatever their gender, will end up buying other titles as well & that increases profits. That is the goal here & all the manly men talking shit wont change that fact. Change is something comic fans should be accustom to by now. The fact its a female character shouldnt be making this big of an uproar & I certainly would buy that scenario over it being some alien or animal. Funny thing is, that if they did have the current incarnation succeeded by another species- people would still find a way to bitch and complain.

All in all, who cares as long as the story and art are good. If it works then great, if not then Marvel will make changes again anyway.

I just heard about this news on the forums. And I laughed out loud to the "controversy" by random people. Think about it for a second. There are numerous female counterparts to superheros already: Supergirl, Batgirl, etc. And I don't understand why people are upset about this change.

Thor with tits? I'm on board.

With a long-running series such as Thor, it's hard to shake things up. If it brings in new readers without losing current readers, more power to Marvel.

Just to clarify. This new "Thor" is a different person, right? A woman who is worthy of wielding Mjolnir? If this is the case, I don't see the big deal.
Thor Odinson going under the Asgardian knife and having a deity "sex change" would be a little weird.

Thor Odinson will eventually get his powers back. I don't think anyone doubts that. Until then, this is a breath of fresh air for the comic, and I'll be making some illegal Thor comic downloads in the near future.

I am certain that in some corner of the net, there will be outrage about how the new Thor is presented and that a pouting blonde with big boobs isn't actually a draw for female readers at all as it is just another exercise in objectifying women to fetishised standards of horny men.

Dowds said:
I am certain that in some corner of the net, there will be outrage about how the new Thor is presented and that a pouting blonde with big boobs isn't actually a draw for female readers at all as it is just another exercise in objectifying women to fetishised standards of horny men.

Agreed. And count me as one of said horny men.

Marvel could have avoided this if they had had the original Thor become a juicer on steroids after losing his powers and then stray from the gym for several months.

Honestly though, it shakes things up. I like it.

Thor's been female for a long, long time now.

250814_224523994334914_999669126_n.jpg

The comics have just finally caught up.

I also don't remember hearing people complain about Loki (I believe the actual Loki) taking on a female form for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back