Thor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Marvel Studios is setting Matthew Vaughn to direct Thor, based on the Marvel Comics character. Marvel is aiming for a pre-strike production start this winter.

Mark Protosevich (I Am Legend) did the adaptation of the comic book franchise that launched in 1962. Thor is a blonde-tressed, hammer-wielding hero who's sent to Earth to protect mankind.

Vaughn's deal is closing just as Paramount releases the Vaughn-directed Stardust today.

Thor marks Vaughn's second effort at a superhero pic. He was attached to direct X-Men: The Last Stand before bowing out for personal reasons. Vaughn, who produced the Guy Ritchie-directed films Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch, made his directing debut with the Daniel Craig starrer Layer Cake.

Sounds interesting but a Thor Movie why not introduce him in an Avengers Movie to see how he sinks or flys rather than straight away. I mean they have got Iron Man coming out next year. So why not do an Avengers movie. It is the same kind of thing that they were planning for a Justice League movie to probably determine whether to do a Flash or Green Lantern Movie.

It seems pointless to me. Why make every single comic book into a movie? Is there that great a demand for a Thor film? Sure fans want to see it. But it sounds like a lot of money to use on what surley would be a massive gamble.

There is obviously a calling for them though. Almost every Marvel movie released has opened at number one, so people want to see them, no matter how bad they are.

The problem with an Avengers movie is that Marvel in it's infinite stupidity has signed all of their main characters away to different movie studios, instead of letting just one studio make all of the movies. This pretty much ruins any chance of seeing a fully stacked Avengers movie. I'm not sure who is signed with what studio, but it is a big aggravation. This is one huge advantage DC has over marvel, since they are owned by Warner Brothers, and that ends the discussion on who makes DC movies.

Apparently Marvel want Triple H to play Thor in the Movie. The Director however wants Kevin McKidd to play Thor. I don't think Triple H could do the alternate Identity of Thor as he is too big to play it. This is interesting that they are thinking of using Wrestlers as Actors in these type of Movies.

Either.

Kevin McKidd
kevin_mckidd.jpg

or

Triple H
TripleH.jpg

I think that they are just looking at Triple H's appearance when they think of him playing Thor, and he does look like Thor kinda, personally I could care less as I'm not a huge Thor fan, I never really read the comics or anything

The New Volume of Thor Comics looks Interesting as they are bringing him in after Civil War and It is sort of in the Middle of World War Hulk. They are a good Read so far. Another Forum that I am on to do with Comics is having a real laugh at the idea of Triple H as Thor, falling into a bit of a Stereotypical look at Wrestlers as being Unintelligent and can't speak. I reserve Judgement until the next movie comes out with Triple H in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back